- It sort of matches her dull, lifeless talent and her dull, lifeless persona. She''s lucky to have any career at all.
- She was terrible on Entourage. That takes a talent of a sort considering there are no good actresses on that show.
- There was about 5 minutes after Saved where she was getting good notices for what was a clever, funny turn that played on her good girl image. She could''ve done something interesting onscreen but did safe, bland crap that ended up flopping anyway.\
She''ll be on a CW pilot within 3 years.
- I loved TANGLED, so there!
- Don''t go hating on her. Moore has beauty and talent, and loves her gays.
- Is she still married to Ryan Adams? I''ve never seen them photographed together. Do they live together in NYC? Or was that all a joke to promote her record?
- Mandy truly loves the gays. Brit fakes it. She just wants your money.\
- I am FILLED with Christ''s love!\
[Throws Bible at OP.]
- I loved her in SAVED.
- What does her loving the gays have to do with her being a shitty, limited actress? \
Just because she doesn''t have a problem with the fact that I suck cock doesn''t mean i''m rushing to see License to Wed.
- [quote]Is she still married to Ryan Adams? I''ve never seen them photographed together. Do they live together in NYC? Or was that all a joke to promote her record?%0D\
Yes, they are still married. There have been pictures of them around but they aren''t publicity magnets, so there aren''t a lot.
- She is pretty and not an awful actress. She was good on Grey''s. She''ll have a career on TV. Movies are out of question though.
- I do like the quality of her voice, even if it''s on the thinner side. I think she''s talented, and her voice work in Tangled was great. Her choices for her live-action movies have been pretty terrible / forgettable, though.
- I loved her in American Dreams, an underrated Idol spoof. She was so funny.
- Sorry but Britney could NEVER come close to the loveliness of what Mandy did for this song. \
She did this John Hiatt song beautifully.
- I agree on the Tangled love. And better to have a quiet career than be a trainwreck like Brit or Aguilera or a waste of space and under the thumb of a creepy pa like J.Simp. She''s doing fine, she''s just smart enough to keep her private life private and not be a famewhore. And yes, she''s still married to her husband.
- Ugh, that was painful to listen to, R15. Jewel did that song so much better for the "Phenomenon" soundtrack.
- I don''t think she''s the best singer, but she''s good. And she seems to be sweet and caring. She might be the June Carter Cash to bad boy Ryan Adams'' Johnny.
- I''ve always loved her rendition, R15, ever since it came out in the early 2000''s. Thanks for sharing.
Loved Her Cover Of Rihanna''s "Umbrella" As Well
- I just have to add, though, that her husband Ryan Adams has always been laughable to me ever since he stated that he loved cult fiction growing up - he listed Hubert Selby Jr., Henry Miller, and [italic]Dan Brown[/italic] as paragons of that domain.
- Well Christina, Britney, etc... are widely considered to be emotionally disturbed, druggy whores in varying states of instability.\
Whereas Mandy Moore still has her looks, sanity, reputation as a nice girl and with her lack of hangers-on and drug habit, probably enough $ to live on without having to struggle to resuscitate her career.\
"Regrets"? If so, she''s a moron.
- " Hubert Selby Jr., Henry Miller, and Dan Brown" - that had to have been a joke, R20.
- Her mother divorced her father because she fell in love with another woman.\
She hasn''t talk to her mom for years.
- Her career is going really well, actually. Steady income, decent fame.
- Oh yes r17 this soooo much better then the MM''s version. \
What a fucking crap sandwich
- Well, someone has to play that vapid blonde girl in romantic comedies and Christian life affirming movies. You can eke out a pretty decent living out of it.
- She has a really good voice and she fucked Andy Roddick. She wins.
- [quote]Her career is going really well, actually. Steady income\
Steady income from what?
- Singing-wise she overdoes the breathy sighs and groans, like she''s a bad porn actress or trying to imitate Marilyn Monroe - it''s unfortunate, because she really does have a good voice and it tends to get upended by her singing style. That''s the way she''s always sung since she was a teen (and playing off inappropriate jailbait sexual innuendo in her "Candy" video) - I''ve always found it a bit odd that she tries to sing so "sensually" all the time, even when it''s at odds with the material she''s singing and the wholesome image she''s projecting.%0D\
That''s why I liked her singing in Tangled - her usual sighs and groans were toned way down, and she had to sing in a pretty straightforward musical / Broadway style, with only a bit of breathiness. Really showed off her voice well. And I was actually impressed with her voice acting - she put a good range of emotion and personality in the character, which was a welcome change from the dull celebrity voice work in other animated films.
- Loved her in Tangled, too. Wasn''t so sure when I first heard she had been cast, but mama was good.
- She''s Blandy Bore. She''s never going to be a huge star, but then she''s made a good living without much of a struggle either, so power to her, I guess.\
She would probably already be in a regular television series except she''s 5''10" and has linebacker shoulders. Hard to find the right role.
- Remember that awful cover album she made a few years back called "Coverage" - fuck even the titles of her CDs are lame. I was sitting in a theatre waiting for a movie to start and they kept playing singles from that album while incessantly flashing her picture (Mandy peering through sunlit wildflowers) onscreen. I wasn''t sure whether to stab my eyes or ears out. Worse yet, she was trying to "cover" a Joni Mitchel song ("Help Me") while doing that breathy groaning schtick of hers. The memory of sitting there in agony still haunts me.
- [quote]Steady income from what?\
She''s been working steadily in TV and movies for years according to her IMDB page. People don''t know because you never hear about her much now. The most I''ve seen of her in a while was when she was doing press for Tangled which made a nice chunk of money too. It''s not Toy Story but it had a great run and it''s still playing at my discount theater. The dvds are selling pretty well, too. \
I agree, R29, I''ve always been completely indifferent to her, can''t name a single album or song of hers but both her acting and singing were very good in Tangled, especially the lantern scene duet. It''s funny because when she first broke out of the pop music scene, she was completely overshadowed by the big 3 blondes (Brit, Xtina, Simpson) but I think she''s having the last laugh now in terms of career and personal life.
- I'd like to see her play "the bitch" more. She really did it well in Saved.
- My favorite review of Ryan Adams. I can't picture him married. For awhile, he dated Parker Posey.
I was at one show when Ryan sang a song called "I am learning how to love.". Great singer, but sort of different.
- Mandy is gorgeous, and I do think she has enough talent to lead a TV series.
- Remember her craptacular album of cover songs called - get ready for it - "Coverage"? Everything she does is just so painfully dull. Her breathy singing "style" is particularly grating.
- I thought she did a good job in Chasing Liberty.
- She did a nice job, all things considered, covering of two of my favorite songs from a bit before her time and bringing them to a new audience--"Whole of the Moon" (The Waterboys) and "Drop the Pilot" (Joan Armatrading)
- R39. Thanks, Mandy looks adorable with short hair.
- She hangs out with Minka Kelly a lot.
- I haven't cared for her since she made a cunt remark about Olivia Newton-John when she was promoting her Coverage album. Bitch, you wish you had 1/4 the career that ONJ had.
- Wasn't she unlucky enough to have dated Chris Klein? Her arms are oddly flabby and shapeless in the pic at R41.
- At least she's not sitting in a cube, surreptitiously posting a thread on some web page.
- what did she say about ONJ?
- Holy shit, aereola alert @ R41!
- She was good in this sweet British RomCom called "Swinging With The Finkels". Her co-star was Martin Freeman of Hobbit and Sherlock fame.
Not a great film but I liked it, nice diversion for a rainy weekend. Saw it On Demand a few weeks ago.
- I like her arms, R43. Mandy is a little heavier these days, but it looks good with her frame.
- [quote]She hangs out with Minka Kelly a lot.
Hanging out with a woman way hotter than herself takes some guts.
- R49 - I think they are equally hot.
- Have to agree with most that she sucks as a singer and an actress and is lucky to have a career.
- One of my favorite pictures of Mandy
- And with Minka again
- She has another TV pilot
- Her "In My Pocket" song was actually very good.
- I love her! Shes pretty and talented :)
- She is beautiful (see new pics).
Never understood how she and Ryan Adams got married, but they seem to be happy.
- At the Helmut Newton Exhibit opening.
- Well I liked her before but she is an absolute cunt in this video where she presages it with some doth protest too much "I'm a credible indie artist" bullshit pre-amble. Bitch who you be foolin. You think we've had collective amnesia or something. Why bother doing the song at all then if you're gonna shit on it and be all apologetic trying to justify it. Ridiculous.
- Blandy Snore. Her "Coverage" album is just awful. Joni Mitchell must have barfed when she heard Blandy's cover of "Help Me".
- She wasn't dissing Rhianna. I liked the cover.
- Mandy does a good cover of Carole King's I feel the earth move.
- Thinking about Mandy Moore is kind of like thinking about that beige wall you walked by on your way to work.
- I don't get the hate. She's a good singer, a good actress. She has boring personal life because she's not a party animal. She seems grounded.
- There was another one, it was Britney, Christina, Jessica, Mandy, and Willa Ford. Willa was the least successful. She had more flavor than Mandy though.
- Mandy was tasty as candy.
- Do you think she ever enjoyed the supreme ecstasy of eating out Andy Roddick's big fat butt while she had the chance?
- Yes, R69
- I don't know why I like her, but I do. Her last cd had some really wonderful songs on it, and I find her acting to be charming. I wish she were more successful than she is. Being married to a first class asshole like Ryan Adams is probably taking all her time. That still seems like such an unlikely union; almost as weird as Patty Griffin living with Roger Plant, who, I know from first-hand experience, is a total ass.
- It seems like Ryan has cleaned up his act.
Mandy is a good comedic actress - her guest appearance on HIMYM was very good, and against type.
- Mandy is often in the company of Minka Kelly.
- Mandy's problem is she's just boring. She is too "normal". She's not a slut, not a druggie or a drunk and is not a mean girl. You don't find her famewhoring her way in the press. I feel like she could have had a Taylor Swift-like career had she gone into country-pop.
- Yeah R74
She also could have had a Broadway career.
- Andy Garcia and Mandy Moore are joining the cast of Christmas in Conway.
According to Brent Shields, a Hallmark Hall of Fame Executive Producer, the two will join Mary-Louise Parker in the production.
- r67 Willa wins cause she was the most blatantly slutty. And who could forget her classic performance as Anna Nicole
- Mandy and Mary Louise Parker sounds interesting.
- What's Mandy up to?
- Jaime King, Mandy Moore, and Bethany Joy Lenz hit the red carpet while attending the Annenberg Space for Photography opening celebration for their Country: Portraits of an American Sound exhibit on Thursday (May 22) in Century City, Calif.
- Mandy Moore and Minka Kelly do the ice bucket challenge together.
I see more chemistry between these two than I do between Moore and Adams.
- She gets to suck Ryan Adams' dick at night. Who needs a career?
Is he circumcised?
- I forgot she existed
- Planning to release a new album in October.
- She gave up singing when she got a few movies. Movies pay so much more so why bother cutting CDs?
- heard shes a bitch in real life.
- R66 - Really. That's opposite of everything I've seen.
R65 - Maybe she likes singing.