- A lot if not most actors are bisexual and if you are young and attractive and in show business the opportunities are there and its the currency one uses to get ahead - viz Tab Hunter and Tony Perkins, or Guy Madison with Rory Calhoun who was also a major pussy hound - he had sex with over 70 women while married, not to mention banging Guy in the automobile!%0D\
It seems Perkins and Hunter kept their relationship under wraps for a long time, girl pals like Natalie Wood (always very gay friendly!) were in the know and helped out with dates - Debbie did the same, as did Terry Moore and all the others who wanted the publicity...%0D\
- the book is a great read on hollywood in the 50s and how they all operated. They all knew about Hudson but he was a big business after Giant and so had to be protected. %0D\
The Universal International roster were never major A list, so were not so much in the spotlight, so Nader and the others got away with a lot.
- I think back then everyone assumed that if you were some nancy pin-up star- you were probably queer.
- [quote]I think back then everyone assumed that if you were some nancy pin-up star- you were probably queer.%0D\
Everyone? Maybe everyone in Hollywood, not fraus across America. %0D
- [quote]Interesting though to see the rumours confirmed about Guy Madison and Rory Calhoun, despite both being married.%0D\
Can you imagine what it would be like to watch a video of those two!!!
- I also like the part about John Saxon aka Carmine Orrico, who was so young when Willson signed him, Carmine''s mother had to sign the contract for him.
The Bold One
- OP, you are hereby commanded to never use the word "though" again.\
Except for that, interesting thread. Thanks.
- Did Rock Hudson have sex with Alain Delon or not??? I've read different stories.I'm a big fan of AD,though he is said to be a major jerk.
- Troy Donahue and Ty Hardin were, apparently, two of the truly straight ones.
But they got the best names, anyway.
- Did Henry Willson have some sort of direct arrangement with ABC TV and all those series they produced in the late 50s/early 60s?
77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, Bourbon Street Beat and all those westerns like Cheyenne, Maverick and Sugarfoot constantly starred or featured Willson's clients.
IIRC they were all produced by the same guy....was Wm. Orr his name? He must have been "in bed" with Willson.
- Who is the Henry Wilson of the 21st century?
- Was Henry Willson his real name?
Merle Johnson Jr.
- Rory Calhoun was one of Wilson's boys. As the rumor had it Rory was very gifted down there and he was fucking Guy Madison too. They must have been hot together in bed Rory and Guy.
- The studios preferred actors who had a dirty little secret which they could use against the actors to keep them obedient. Not much different as nowdays.
You lure the young naive guys and gals with big promises, court them, find out their secrets, get them to sign the contracts, let the cat out of the bag, and treat them like glorified slaves who better not complain.
- Rory Calhoun spent time in prison. His rugged good looks and availability must have been catnip for some actors.
It was news to me that Guy Madison was bi-sexual. His navy career and those westerns influenced my perspective. And then to be a bottom despite all that background.
Always thought that Ty Hardin wasn't gifted, physically, in one respect.
Enjoyed his physical presence, however; esp. when shirtless! (I've watched "PT 109" a lot!)
- Whenever I happen to catch the "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy sends the beautiful lady who was supposed to be in a show with Ricky off on a wild taxi ride with Fred (He is gonna take her through Pilladelphia), I think that is Mrs Rory (Lita Baron) Calhoun.
I wonder if she knows her husband is Ennis Del Mar and Guy Madison is Jack 'fuckin' Twist, going off on fishing trips and never catching anything?
- Guy Madison gave spectacular blowjobs, as well as having a most accommodating ass.
- [quote]77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, Bourbon Street Beat and all those westerns like Cheyenne, Maverick and Sugarfoot constantly starred or featured Willson's clients.
I believe those all came from Warner Bros. Television, so it would've been WB and not ABC that would've had the relationship with Willson.
- Guy Madison was gorgeous.
- Is Tab Hunter gay?
- What about Big Valley?
- How many guys were in Guy's "big valley"?
- Is there anything about Steve Reeves in that book?
Steve was Mr Universe and Mr USA and was exceptionally good looking and buff. His film career started in the US with Ed Wood jr's Jailbait and then the musical ATHENA with Jane Powell and Debbie Reynolds. That was it in the US. The rest of his films were made in Europe. I'm thinking that he was blacklisted or something in Hollywood.
- Tab Hunter was and is undoubtedly gay.
Steve Reeves was not gay but there are rumors that he was bisexual.However, i think he didn't like not to be considered as heterosexual.
- Clint Ritchie was one on Henry's boys too.
- ''Till the End of Time'' is the movie in which starred both Robert Mitchum and Guy Madison.
I find very interesting this photo...
- Robert Wagner was one of the most famous Henry Wilson boys.
- Guy Madison was the first male screen star post WWII to be groomed and touted through beefcake pinups.
I think you'd have to go back to the Silent Era to see posed studio publicity shots of a shirtless actor, which were everyday fodder for Guy's career.
Of course, the one exception would be Johnny Weissmuller and Buster Crabbe and any of the other Tarzans.
- Even Howard Hughes had Guy Madison in his bed at a time.
- Oh, to be a fly back in those days and buzz around at those private pool parties ...
- Tab Hunter and Rudolph Nureyev were fucking each other at a certain period. They look gay and happy together at least at this photo!
- What a shame that Tab Hunter and Richard Chamberlain's autobiographies were so dull and earnest. If anyone today has stories of what that time was like, it's them.
- Richard Chamberlain hmm....
- I wonder if Roddy McDowell's bio will ever be released? Rumor has it that it's hidden and may get released 100 years after Roddy's death or something like that.
I don't know why, but there is something very sexy to the mental image of these big movie stars of yesteryear being their horny gay self away from the prying eyes of the general population.
- Google ''I know right? This charming man''
It's about Richard Chamberlain, what a face and what an actor!
- Roddy McDowall was the coolest queen Hollywood ever saw.
- R34 In 100 years, no one will know who Roddy McDowall was.
- R33 R35 Correct link below.
I love the "Win an operation from Dr. Kildare" magazine cover! I wouldn't have minded him doing my prostate exam!
- R37, people who are seeking, find.
If someone loves Classic Cinema they have to know. Classic Cinema can't be deleted in only 100 years!
People have art recorded for a reason.
Someone who cares, they will search and find.
- R39 How many minor entertainment celebrities from 1912 are you familiar with?
- Yeah, R39, but it won't mean anything then.
- In 1912, cinema was still in its cradle. It hadn't acquired the skills and craft that made it more than a cheap entertainment throughout the world. Nowadays, in addition, there are also books that speak about the course of cinema and about many old actors and actresses and old films in general.
R40! Don't be so pessimistic!
- It is said that Rory Calhoun had one of the biggest cocks in Hollywood.
- I thought I remember reading that Chamberlain had split with his log-time partner recently, even thoough they'd been together for decades.
- Rory Calhoun was originally going to be named Troy Donahue by Henry Willson but changed it to Rory Calhoun.
- Shirtless photos of Guy Madison
- R44,Richard Chamberlain married that guy.
Sadly they broke up in 2010.
- The celluloid closet...
- Guy Madison was all the money.
- Clint Walker was another Wilson protege.
- R9, Donahue wasn't straight. Even he admitted it near the end.
- R24, 26, 27, 29, 31, etc., please try and post something that we haven't already known for the last 20 years.
- R52 you are so hard to please!
You always need more and more...
You must retain yourself from your lust to know new things all the time! Those oldies are goodies. Good enough is good enough!
You sheesh luv!!!!
- Sexy Rory...play it again...
- Does Rory Calhoun have gayface?
Rory Calhoun's early years contained bad-boy elements that today's stars could only dream of, from stealing a revolver at age 13 up to robbing several jewellery stores and cars, spending time in San Quentin and a Federal prison in MIssouri until his parole at age 21.Born Francis McCown, his first agent Henry Wilson rechristened him Rory Calhoun – though not before considering the name Troy Donahue! And in the fifties, when Wilson revealed Rory's criminal past to a tabloid in exchange for covering up an expose on the homosexual life of Rock Hudson, another Wilson client, the revelation only strengthened Calhoun's outlaw image.He's also one of the few people to have more than one star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, for his work in movies and television.
- Who cares about Rory!
He was fugly, always looked hung over and he's boring.
- R57, who do you like sugar?
- OP, gay celebrities often refuse to live with their partners even today, let alone in the 1950s when a great many gay people lived in the closet (as they do today).
So what you talking about, Willis?
- My favourite old Hollywood gay couple has nothing to do with Henry Wilson and his boys.
Cary Grant+Randolph Scott=Gay Love
Well,Clint Ritchie was pretty fuckable.
- Clint Ritchie!
Robert Wagner was a real hunk.
Robert Wagner with Natalie Wood and... Elizabeth Taylor!
- Rory Calhoun was certainly a hunk
- I bet Rory would rip you in two and not care.
- R67 Rory fucked Guy Madison. They made a nice pair, don't you agree? Sexy males.
- Wow, Rory Calhoun and Guy Madison - what an inviting image.
Poor Rory didn't age well, though - the cigarettes and drinking really laid waste to his looks.
- Who are those naked dudes in the pic?
- Well, the one on the right, r71, looks to be Guy Madison. The only odd thing is he seems short, and Madison was 6' tall. Maybe the guy on the left is just 6'4" or something. Him, I don't know about - it's not Rory Calhoun.
- Guy Madison photos and dick pic.
- Old man Rory.
- Old man Guy, about nine years before his death. He's 63 here.
- Guy Madison and Rory Calhoun both died of emphysema. Would somebody please add those names to the "People Who Died of Smoking" thread?
- Homage to Guy and Rory's affair.
Guy liked it big and deep, and Rory had what it took to satisfy him.
- Guys thank you all. I enjoyed your photos.By the way is this really Guy Madison's cock or it is most probably photoshopped? It would also be a delight if we could find out who is the other guy who is posing next to Guy. And yes, Guy aged much better than Rory as i can see from the photos you had the kindness to send R77. Oh i also enjoyed your link about Guy and Rory. Kewl!
- Guy was a really good looking. In Darwin Porter's book Merv Griffin supposedly had Rock Hudson, guy, monty clift another dreamboat wbefor acident and a guy who actually came out before death. Marlon Brando. Also what should be noted when Paul newman got to hollywood he fuucked everyone in sight, man and women! lol
- R79, yes Guy was a looker indeed! However, i must warn you that there are several people who find Darwin Porter's books unreal and simply fairy tales. Nonetheless, all the names you mention were certainly bisexuals with the exception of Rock who was mostly if not only gay!
Merv Griffin and Marlon Brando admitted personally that they had sexual encounters with men. Now Paul Newman, was another case. He was very discreet with his 'adventures', but vibes are vibes, don't you think?
- [quote]Merv Griffin and Marlon Brando admitted personally that they had sexual encounters with men.
When did that happen with Merv? During the week of his funeral, his son claimed in an interview that his father wasn't gay. We had the exact story posted here at DL as soon as it hit the media. Merv also kept Eva Gabor handy to refute gay rumors.
Merv did get hauled into court by Denny Terrio with sexual claims but I don't think that Merv ever "admitted" he had sexual encounters with men.
- The book would make a great (gay softcore or porn) movie. All these hot guys hanging around at private pool parties maybe even teasing each other about how they pretend to be straight 'out there' in public. The casting couch sessions, introducing new guys into the group, and the pointless bickering and bitchery.
- Guy in his prime was one of the (if not THE) most beautiful male stars ever.
- Writing about the death of Griffin in August 2007, Mike Signorile wrote: "Griffin never acknowledged he was gay, though it became widely known in Hollywood, even as Eva Gabor played his beard. Yet, it was nothing discussed in the media and, apparently, in many of his own circles, particularly straight political circles."
- Big Valley?
Lee Majors was discovered' by Rock Hudson when majors was playing college football. Hudson moved Majors to LA and right into his home, and even had Majors hair dyed blond. Majors ditched the hair and Hudson after his first season on Big Valley.
- R81 well, here is the link below. However, i must apologize, because i haven't noticed until now that this book was written by Porter. Hehe!
How careless of me!
- In other words Griffin didn't admit it. Sorry for misdirecting you guys. Grrrr....
Rory below...yummy man (a jerk possibly though, eh?)
- necro post!
John Saxon more info..he was hot as hell on dynasty in that towel with Joan Collins...what he hung?
- Lol R88
Well John Saxon was also very hot in 'Enter the Dragon'
- and 6 million dollar man..He was one of Henry's boys...but was he hung? He still is quite a hot daddy.
- I don't know anything about John Saxon's cock. Sorry R90!
Maybe someone else can tell...lol
- Henry Willson and two of his other clients: Guy Madison and Rory Calhoun
- Guy Madison looked really hot in 'Till the End of Time'
- believe whatever you want, just don't believe one word that Darwin Porter writes. He makes it up as he goes along.
- R94, however it is almost obvious that Rory was the top and Guy was his bottom.
- Guy and Rory were both so hot yet neither became major stars. I always wondered if this was because of gay rumors?
- R90 don`t know, some say so, but can`t see that he is...uncut tho :)
- I love this pic of Rory Calhoun.
- All those queens turned on him at the end. Did anyone ever buy him a tombstone for his unmarked grave?
- R99 it was the snigma of having aids back then.
- Its a shame that's how he`s remembered.
- Who are we talking about?
- Henry Willson died of cirrhosis of the liver and is the one buried in an unmarked grave.
Rock Hudson died of HIV.
Both Rory Calhoun and Guy Madison died of emphysema.
- Was Guy Madison the first male movie star created specifically for the bobbysoxer audience?
Watching the many gorgeous images of him at r49 one can't help but notice how adoringly he was photographed in and out of clothes, and very unlike any male stars that preceded him.
As he aged in the 1950s and lost some of his prettiness he came to resemble William Holden.