- French women are what? This is the first I''ve heard of it.
- Mystery of the universe.
- clearly you''ve never been to France.
- French women aren''t that beautiful - they just take care of themselves
- You oughta see India (with a handful of exceptions, and they become movie stars). Yet the women are pageant beautiful.%0D\
At least most french men have big dicks.
- I honestly think it has a lot to do with how sexist a society is.
- au contraire mon ami!
les beaux hommes de Quebec
- The beauties are the ones who don''t "look French." Marion Cotillard is a beauty, but she doesn''t look French to me. %0D\
The Gallic looks are more in line with Celtic, Germanic, etc. They don''t have a real "look" all their own. %0D\
Italians look Italian. And they are beauties too. Men and women. Same with Spain. There is a lot of beauty in France. But in general, the people are not physically beautiful...to me.
- "At least most french men have big dicks."%0D\
You are just making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.%0D\
"You oughta see India (with a handful of exceptions, and they become movie stars). Yet the women are pageant beautiful."%0D\
More assumptions based on anecdotal evidence...%0D\
- OMG r10 - everything discussed in datalounge is assumptions based on first, second, third and fourth-hand anecdotal evidence.%0D\
WHAT the FUCKING FUCK is your problem?%0D\
You want research, pick up an almanac.
- R8, italians truly suck. they are the smelly asshole of europe.
- R12 scratch off Italians and put Spaniards, they''re scum.
- The most beautiful French woman I have ever seen is that news woman Melissa Theuriau whose image must be used without her permission because I see it with bullshit ads promoting everything from Acai to "miracle cures" to "work at home."
- "WHAT the FUCKING FUCK is your problem?"%0D\
You''re the one with the problem. %0D\
You and the other people posting here sound like the Christians who assume all gays are bad because they met some gay people they didn''t like. Some French people are ugly, some are gorgeous, and most are somewhere in between. End of story.%0D\
- It balances out England, where the men are beautiful and the women are so ugly.
- The men are beautiful in England? No, they aren''t. They also age VERY badly.\
I foresee Henry Cavill ending up like Jeremy Northam.
- It would be a close race between the French and the Dutch. Dutch women are stunning, especially when they zoom around on their bicycles. If I lived there I would have a real bicycle fetish. Not sure how that would manifest itself, but I would have one.
- Colombians are very beautiful, imho. \
Especially in Barranquilla.
- Dutch women beautiful? Please! Most look very butch to me. That said, there are beautiful and homely women every where. I have to laugh at beauty contests because for every beauty queen I can go out on the street and see pretty girls that are more naturally beautiful than those fake big tittid bimbettes.
- Dutch women are very fit, and strong. stunning maybe in rare case. beautiful in a model like way is very very rare.
- French men are indeed very ugly. What''s shocking is who the male sex symbols over there, Serge Gainsboug, Gerard Deperdieu ... yuck! I remember being shocked when the French media went on and on how attractive Nicolas Sarkozy is and the DL parroting that line.%0D\
The women can be beautiful, though, but there''s a type of gap-toothed, manly French woman considered attractive in France that just leaves me shaking my head.
- Vincent Cassel can do me anytime; I''d even go down on Monica (Italian women are more beautiful than the French).
- Vanessa Paradis, r22?
- Melissa Theuriau is very beautiful indeed, R14, but does anyone think she spray-tans? In every picture, her face looks like it''s covered in bronzer.\
French women look pretty good according to this compilation of average female faces from around the world. But I think the Finns, Swedes and Swiss are amongst the best looking (at least according to the chart).
- Let me break it down: The French, Russians, Scandinavians tend to have unattractive men and more beautiful women.%0D\
Spaniard, German, Dutch, Hungarian men tend to be more attractive than their women folk.%0D\
The British, both men and women, are a generally plain population.%0D\
Italians and Argentines are a genereally attractive population.
- [quote]"At least most french men have big dicks."\
You are just making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.\
- That manly, wine-guzzling Isabelle Legeron of the travel channel is also considered sexy by the French.
- Those compilations are lame, r25. A few generically pretty faces from a country morphed together just end up looking like the rest of the global pack.
- Louis Garrel, anyone?%0D\
French men ugly...really?
- Just like Asians, OP?
[quote] French men are indeed very ugly. What''s shocking is who the male sex symbols over there, Serge Gainsboug, Gerard Deperdieu ... yuck [/quote] %0D\
Have you seen the sex symbols in our country lately? %0D\
France has plenty of gorgeous men. %0D\
One of the classic leading men: %0D
- I wonder what Joan of Arc looked like.
- R33, I don''t know. He looks like a bit of a square.
- R22, just because the media highlights a few sub par examples because they are trying to push those people doesn''t mean that those people are indicative of the average French person. But Gerard Deperdieu isn''t bad looking.
- Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet
- Average r37.
- I''ve lived in France off and on for several years. I''ve found the men of southern France much more attractive than those from the north. Overall, the men of Normandy and Brittany are some of the homeliest people I''ve ever seen in my life.
- French boys are beautiful. Not all of them hold on to their looks as they hit their 30s. It''s like the beauty hormone just stops pumping.
- R14, that is so funny! I''ve seen her adds all the time and assumed she was some generic pretty American myspace/catalogue model. Funny how context changes things.\
Anyway, addressing the subject, I think it''s not so much that French women are extraordinary beauties as that they are thin and know to dress well.
- How come so many white men over 50 either look like Ernest Hemingway or Dick Cheney?
- I''m with r5: India is a much better example of this sex disparity in attractiveness. On average, Indian women are very attractive, with naturally voluptuous figures (can''t hide fat in a sari, and they mostly can''t afford breast augmentation).\
Indian men -- not even one in a hundred is attractive.\
I''ve often wondered about the reasons for this. And btw my sample size is hundreds of thousands of Indians, whom I''ve seen in situ, so this is not purely anecdotal.
- Don''t the big dicks and sexy accents make up for the facially challenged French men? Not only that, but they''re supposed to be great in bed, generally.
- Of course not everyone in a country can be hot, but I disagree with the ''French men are ugly'' view. On the metro, without fail there''d be at least one incredibly hot guy in my train carriage.
- you shouldn''t go making assumptions so easily , \
beauty is very diverse in all societies , but i''m not being a dictator here, like some say the Birtish government are brainwashing kids with PDC, it is perfectly ok to have such personal opinions, but it is often unwise to juge so quickly \
i suggest reading Pride and Prejudice
- I have never read more bullshit on a single thread.
- R14 needs to get out more.
- French women just don''t age very well.
- Frenchwomen tend to a particular body type: slim, a little boyish, with small bust and hips. (Chanel designed everything with this woman in mind.) Their faces tend toward a little sharpness of features. %0D\
I think many of them are striking, but their appeal is in their stylishness and grooming, not in some au natural gorgeousness. %0D\
I don''t know much about Dutch women. I know some would claim that Australian women have the best natural figures on the planet.
- [quote]Their faces tend toward a little sharpness of features. \
I think that''s attractive, R50. The French pop sensation Alizee is stunning(but her popularity seems to have mostly died off).
- More Frenchies, please.
Not the bulldogs
- Not everyone shares your opinion. Sir Thomas Browne offers his observations upon the women of France, 1664:\
"I was not sick at all in coming over from Dover to Calais, upon the sea, but yet could hardly forbear spuing at the first sight of the French women. They are most of them of such a tawny, sapy, base complection, and have such ugly faces, which they here set out with a dresse would fright the divell."
- I would say that French movie stars tend to be chosen for their beauty if they''re female and for their talent if they''re male. If they''re English, they need to be extremely talented, looks a plus but not mandatory depending on the level of talent.
- I don''t know, I remeber when I visited England I saw many beautiful women. This was back in the 1980''s. They had perfect skin, feminine features and slim builds.
- there is a famous French expression, OP:
There is no such thing as an ugly French woman, only a Lazy one.
- R20 nails it. Most of the time the truly good lookers are normal people. They blow the models away.
- I'm with [R5]: India is a much better example of this sex disparity in attractiveness. On average, Indian women are very attractive, with naturally voluptuous figures (can't hide fat in a sari, and they mostly can't afford breast augmentation).
Isn't this sex disparity also true of Japanese, Korean and Chinese?
- R59, not being fat doesn't make someone attractive. They are as bad as the men.
- LOL at R25's dishonest faces. I can tell that some of the results are cooked in order to help out some of the fug countries.
- French hottie Matthieu Charneau:
- Italian and Dutch men are the hottest, and Russian women are the hottest. British are actually near the top in both sexes, which makes them unusual.
- What about the Scots, Danes, and Slovakians?
- French men are hot. OP doesn't know what he is talking about.
- OP, French men are GORGEOUS. Until they hit 30. Then damn, they go from shockingly hot and sexy to FUGLY with a capital "F" overnight.
- Perhaps the most beautiful man alive? Yoann Gourcuff, footballer from Brittany.
- Is he wearing eyeliner?
- I agree r67, now that is a gorgeous man.
- The French are dark, it's much more rare to have blondes like Bardot. I was shocked when I got there how dark they were. Black hair, brown eyes, olive faces and I'm not talking about the Arabs, which is another thread.
I really thought that people in French films were representative of France. But no, not at all.
German men are not attractive either, British men tend to be very attractive (younger ones) same with the Irish.
The women in France for the most part are not attractive, German women are ok, UK women - uhhh, there seems to be loads of USA type fatties there now.
- Italians look Italian
- R70, maybe they were a mix. What parts of France were you in?
- [quote]The men are beautiful in England? No, they aren't. They also age VERY badly. I foresee Henry Cavill ending up like Jeremy Northam.
I agree - most of the men in England are ugly. And the few that do look good usually age badly, and Henry Cavill is the perfect example. Even though he looks good, he does not look good for a 28 year old - he could easily pass for mid-30's. He's also a smoker which ages you, so by the time he actually is in his mid-30's he will probably not be looking too hot anymore.
- Neither French men nor women are fundamentally attractive, but they're quite elegant and they know how to carry themselves well.
- No, R68. Those are really his eyelashes. Here he is during training.
- I was all over France, from the French Riviera, to Paris to small villages, to the south of France. r75 s photo does look like a French person but one of the better looking Frenchmen. Their accent in English is of course hot hot hot but just lookswise I don't fine them very attractive. And they all smoke like fiends.
- R76, could you please post some pictures of what they typically look like(male or female)?
- OP is proof that even retards know how to turn on a computer.
- Lithuanian (Baltic) women are hot...here's tall and gorgeous Agne with Italian men.
- r67 looks like my nephew, and my family came mostly from Brittany and the Aquitaine.
- I've always thought that Carole Bouquet is one of the most beautiful women in the world. I find her far more attractive than Deneuve, and although they are both the epitome of sophisticated French elegance, Deneuve comes across as an arrogant bitch, whilst Bouquet was untouchable and distant from some of her great movies through to her modelling as the face of Chanel No 5. She has also aged naturally and looks fantastic now. How she could date Depadeiu (sp?) is beyond me...
- And Bouquet this year, at 54....
- French films are a little misleading, as they tend to feature men cast for their acting ability without any regard for looks and women cast for their looks and that's about it. When I saw the subject line I immediately thought of Marguerite Duras, not a pretty sight.
I think Arabic and Indic women are incredibly beautiful, but they have some fine-looking men too.
- [quote]I don't know, I remeber when I visited England I saw many beautiful women. This was back in the 1980's. They had perfect skin, feminine features and slim builds.
Times have changed indeed.
R29, what hell is that? A man or a woman?
- Why dont you ask Charlotte Gainsbourg? She's totally GORGE!
- Emmanuelle Beart
And let us not forget, in her younger days. Catherine Deneuve was chosen to be the face of Mariane, the spirit of the Republic on the French money.
The Voice of the Night
- Some thoughts-
If evidence that French men have big dicks is anecdotal, come pull up a chair because I have a *lot* of stories to tell you. I lived in Paris during my slut years and there were big cocks galore. And lots of versatile tops. Like take-it-up-the-ass every once in a while versatile tops.
French women do take care of themselves but they avoid the social x-ray/emaciated look of well-heeled American woman.
It might be apocryphal but Deneuve is famous for saying that, after a certain age, a woman must choose between her face and her ass. That's why women like Fanny Ardant are so beautiful. A bit of earthiness never hurts.
- Jean Dujardin is hardly my idea of "not beautiful."
- Are you kidding? I live in Paris and a lot of the guys here are impossibly goodlooking!! Much more than in NYC
- There is something very off-putting about Deneuve to me, and there always has been. Her face work (that she allegedly hasn’t had) and trout pout are making her look like a clown at this point. Give me Fanny Ardant any day. Even though Carole Bouquet has a coldness about her, she also seems to have a sense of humor. Her androgyny and deep voice remind me of Garbo, not to mention a facial resemblance to her. R82, if you haven’t yet seen a movie called Dead Tired from 1994, please do so. (It’s on DVD.) Bouquet has a major role and plays herself. Her performance of herself is very reminiscent of Garbo in Ninotchka. I don’t understand the Depardieu thing either, but her first husband was a heroin-addicted, dissipated filmmaker. She said in an interview once that she goes for men who are “ogres.”
R70, Bardot is not a natural blonde. She’s dark-haired and her eyes are brown, just like Deneuve’s natural coloring. Charlotte Gainsbourg is not renowned for her beauty, R86. Besides, she’s half English and half Russian Jew – not French at all by blood.
As for the Frenchwoman’s storied reliance on beauty products (especially face creams) and regimens, I noticed when I was in France that their skin was not nearly as good as the average American woman’s skin. They are stylish, thinner, and they carry themselves well, and I think that’s what people are impressed with. They’re also really impressed with themselves.
- I think French guys are hot, hot, hot.
- r89, he stood out enough to be a movie star in France. He would melt into the background in Italy.
- Jean Reno is another fug considered hot in France.
- He isn't French, R94. It's obvious.
- French football star Franck Ribery is a known ladies man who has women always throwing themselves at him.
- Another picture of sports superstar Ribery.
- Bridgette Bardot with her brown hair and brown eyes.
- Here she is again, brown hair, brown eyes. Long hair.
- I've never found Catherine Deneuve pretty either, always thought that blonde hair on her looked awful. Here's a pic of her with dark hair. I have never found her attractive.
- "Catherine Deneuve. Brown hair."
That blogger has got that wrong, that's Catherine's late sister Francoise Dorleac in that photo.
- Agreed R91 re Deneuve, and yes I've seen Dead Tired a number of times (or Grosse Fatigue as it's titled in it's homeland). Bouquet is great in it, and loved Michel Blanc in it too. The scene where she 'heals' someone was very well done and with many other actors would have been smug or gratuitous, but with Bouquet, you can tell she doesn't take herself too seriously. She also is very open about her distaste for being a Bond girl in For Your Eyes Only.
- Handsome French men in drag make beautiful women.
- Those that you see in movies aren't necessarily representative of the women overall, at least not from my visits to France.
I agree with the poster who said French women have sharp features. They also tend to have large noses and French blondes are not common. What they do have seems to be an instinctive sense of style.
Of the French overall they look like they could use more baths or showers. King Louis XVI supposedly only bathed once a year and many French people don't look like they bathe or shower much more than he did.
- [quote]I agree with the poster who said French women have sharp features. They also tend to have large noses and French blondes are not common. What they do have seems to be an instinctive sense of style.
I agree with this assessment. I would add that French women (and women from some other European countries) have a certain sensual femininity that North American women lack. American women of today are very girly-ish all the way through their late twenties (part of it is how they dress) and they don't seem to grow into any kind of womanliness. A lot of European men told me this and I happen to agree with them.
- Here is a picture of a very young Deneuve (on the left) with her natural dark hair.
- I think Deneuve and Mastroianni's daughter Chiara is beautiful. She got the best of both parents. I did notice that she's getting that smoker face, which is unfortunate.
- Agree with R39, after spending sometime in Aix, I was astounded by the beautiful young Frenchmen. They were mostly students but so many were stunning, there were also a lot of stunning N. Africans too. I didn't notice the women.
- Cannes 2011 Deneuve portrait.
- R8 you're absurd , there is nothing such as "looking french"
I am French and my whole familuy is French, what exactly is the standard of "lookng French" as u say
- I disagree, R112. That's like saying there's no such thing as looking Italian, looking Russian, looking German, looking American, etc. I think there is a certain image the world has when it comes to "looking French." I will list some celebrities who exemplify, what I think it means to look French (from an American point of view).
Men: old time actor Louis Ducreux (he's the best example)
For the "classic" (or, if you prefer, "stereotypical") Frenchman, it's often a combination of a large, rather sharp nose, heavy-lidded eyes, and thin lips. They look a little like eagles.
Women: Bardot when young was very French-looking, as was Arielle Dombasle before she completely fucked up her face.
Marie-France Pisier (RIP) could never have been mistaken for [italic] anything [/italic] but French. Among other things, she had that heart-shaped face that is often associated with French women. So did Claudette Colbert (whom Pisier slightly resembled) and Simone Simon.
I think Jacqueline Bisset [italic] looks [/italic] French, even though she's only marginally so by blood.
- Personally I find Danes very attractive - men and women alike.
French women may look great but they all reek of body odor and cigarettes. Yuk.
- Why is it so hard for some people to believe that Carole Bouquet might find Depardieu attractive?
- Isabelle Adjani -- one of the most beautiful women ever
Here's a picture of her younger, without the fake cheekbones.
http://www.last.fm/music/Isabelle Adjani/ images/5826852