- I think she cancelled.
- Rescheduled for 3/23.
- OP''s title is a visual one doesn''t need.
- Thanks, Op!! I didn''t even know she was scheduled to appear.
- Catherine is a top? Who knew?
- She was on tonight. Love her. She always looks so bemused.
- Does she have a new film out? Why was she on?
- Can you watch Behar online? I''d like to see her appearance. How did she look, R6?
- "Does she have a new film out? Why was she on?"\
Why? Because she is La Deneuve. No explanation necessary. She should be on a chat show every day.
- New Francois Ozon movie, Potiche(sp?)
- Catherine Deneuve was divine on The Joy Behar Show. She was classy, intersting, charming, down-to-earth and still beautiful. A real movie star.
- She looked great. The new movie sounds fun. Interesting woman. Charming and fun. A real movie star AND talented actress. I can''t believe the amount of great movies she''s been in. Very private person, too.
- In the new EW she does capsule reviews of her favorite films from the year (she chose BLACK SWAN, SOCIAL NETWORK and INCEPTION) and says she is a huge MAD MEN fan and would love to appear on the show. \
Make it happen, Matt Weiner!
- The trailer for her new film "Potiche" (Trophy Housewive) looks extremely good. I definitely have to watch it.
- She could play Megan''s French Canadian mother.
- Catherine Deneuve is nothing less that brilliant.
She is sophisticated, beautiful, charming, sexy, sweet and mysterious. She is a true star and an actress with her own style, a great one.
Refined, subtle and elegant.
- Watch "A Christmas Tale" with Deneuve, if you haven't already.
- R18...i have :)
Hehe... Nice one.
- This is probably my favourite Catherine Deneuve photo. You can see why.
- [quote]Watch "A Christmas Tale" with Deneuve, if you haven't already.
It is one of those films I watch once a year. I am glad I saw it on the big screen for the first time. And isn't Chiara beautiful in the film?
- Yes. Did you watch Kings and Queen, too, R21?
- Catherine has played in a variety of great movies. She is very creative as an actress.
A decent star and woman that hasn't led a conventional life
- A flower on the flower.
- This is probably her most famous photo.
You have seen it, right?
- [quote]Did you watch Kings and Queen, too, [R21]?
Yes, I did. I didn't like it as much as "My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument," which I saw long time ago in a movie theater. I would love to see it again, but there is no DVD copy available.
- [quote]Why? Because she is La Deneuve. No explanation necessary.
End of thread.
- Met her business manager at the East Side Sauna (NYC) 20 years ago and he referred to her as "la star".
- She is one of my favourite stars and actresses.
She deserves that! She has almost reached perfection. She is very classy and sophisticated and she is certainly not the ice princess or queen some people want her to be. She can be very warm. She seems full of potential all the time! She is powerful and mysterious.
- Lovable and gorgeous.
- Seeing her movies is always a joy and a nice trip. Meaningful too.
- She's no Rula Lenska.
- Rula Lenska?
I know only her ex husband, Dennis Waterman.
He was charming and elegant in 'Scars of Dracula'
By the way you mean Rula Lenska is not Deneuve.
- Catherine as a kid.
Wasn't she sweet?
- Belle Maman (1999)
- A very interesting photo
- Je suis bemuse!
La Deneuve, smoking pensively
- Lol R41...charming!
For La Deneuve...I'm looking at you!
- Several yars ago, when she had her own perfume, she was touring major department stores to introduce that perfume. When I got in line for her autograph, these bitchy women around me were going on and on about how old she looked . . and let me tell you Deneuve is beautiful today and was even more beautiful back then. When I put my flyer in front of her to autograph, her head was down and I said to her "You know, you really are a very beautiful woman." She looked up at me with a surprised look and responded with a simple, sincere, "Why, thank you very much!" I totally got the impression that she was not accustomed to women complimenting her.
Anyway, in my next life, I would like to get at least half her looks!
- I wish Francoise Dorleac, actress and Catherine's sister could live longer. She died so soon. She was only 25 when that terrible accident happened.
For those who don't know...
Dorléac died in 1967 when she lost control of the rented Renault 10 she was driving and hit a sign post ten kilometers from Nice at the Villeneuve-Loubet exit of the highway La Provençale. The car flipped over, and burst into flames. She had been en route to Nice airport and was afraid of missing her flight. Dorléac was seen struggling to get out of the car, but was unable to open the door. Police later identified her body only from the fragment of a cheque book, a diary and her driver's licence.
- For you my friends....
Sister Act: Françoise Dorléac and Catherine Deneuve
- She was incredible in 'Indochine'.
Actually she is usually stunning, you know?
It doesn't have to do so much with her looks, although she is BEAUTIFUL,it's something in her aura that makes her unique.
- '8 femmes' is the perfect musical comedy murder-mystery film.
One of my favourites too. Who couldn't like this incredible movie?
- I wish more people could see 'Hotel des Ameriques'. One of Catherine's best movies.
- 'La Chamade'
One of her peculiar roles.
She was fantastic!
La Chamade (1967)
Lucile is a very very interesting character.
I haven't read the book yet, maybe i should...
- Post for Catherine salopes!
I'll be back, i have to go now...
- An inspiring woman.
- However, i wish she didn't smoke so much!
Oh Catherine, did you quit smoking at last or you quit trying? Catherine!
- R54 had that photo of Miss Deneuve...However that's a smaller version of the one i firstly tried to show you.
Je t'en prie!
- Rula rules, Deneuve drools!
- Smoking again?
She looked gorgeous anyway!
- Looooooooool R56 you are crazy!
I laughed my ass off!!!!!!!!!
Why you don't like Deneuve? Is she too classy and serious for you?
- La sirène du Mississipi
- 'The Last Metro'
One of her best performances.
- With her daughter Chiara Mastroianni and with Daniel Auteil for the movie 'My Favourite Season'
(Ma saison préférée)
This film is one of her best. Actually all her collaborations with director Andre Techine were
impeccable. Techine and Deneuve have a lot of chemistry as it seems. They go very deep together.Actually, i love all the movies they have done together. They are very unique and you take a lot with you after seeing them.
- I love her when she's on Charlie Rose. He's always up her ass, and she's amused by his ass-kissing. One time he asked her about her affair with Truffaut (who was married at the time) during Mississippi Mermaid. Deneuve replied something like: What kind of a question is that? She refused to answer and she made sure he understood that the question is really beneath her. It was a great moment.
- You link doesn't work, R61.
I prefer her and Chiara in CHRISTMAS TALE.
- You are dead people! Post for Deneuve!!!!
- Never seen this photo before:
- R63, unfortunately that was the only copy of the photo i wanted to send you.
Sorry, technology sucks!
Yes, A Christmas Tale was another great one.
I won't disagree!
- With Bunuel:
- Another good, and perhaps less known, film with Deneuve is PLACE VENDOME.
- Yes guys, beautiful photos. Catherine would be perfect if she didn't smoke so much.
I'm not fond of the smell of the smoke, i prefer mirrors...
R70, indeed in 'Place Vendôme' she delivers one of her greatest performances.
She has played in so many movies and she has given so many good performances, i have lost the number. Really!
- A cult figure
- In this photo is as if i look Chiara, her daughter. But it's Catherine!
- Why would an elegant, intelligent, beautiful and gifted woman like Catherine
Deneuve want to appear on a tv show with interviewer Joy Behar. A piggish, wop-yenta, dog of a dame, interested only in sensational yellow journalism. Of course she cancelled.
- Lol 74! Hell yeah!
I don't think that Catherine would ever admit that because she is very caring and fair but i think of her two children Chiara is her beloved one. She seems to love her a lot her and Chiara seems so capable of returning her mother's love. They seem to be very tender with each other. At least that's my impression.
- * She seems to love her a lot and Chiara seems so...etc.
- R75, for the same reason all the people who fit that description used to happily appear on Larry King's show and are now guests on Piers Morgan's show.
- R77, you have a point. Hehehe.
For those who haven't found this already, below there is a site that has almost everything about Catherine Deneuve. I bet most of you who admire Catherine, you have already found it, but in case you missed it here it is...!
- She is EVERYTHING.
You are very sweet R79.
- Who ARE these Deneuve worshippers? Male/Female? Gay/Straight?
- Deneuve goes beyond sex, country and orientation in general. She is soooo universal. She is not just a French woman. She is much more than that.
Almost limitless and mysterious without losing her honesty.
- There is one person who posted most of the photos here. It's a little creepy.
- I'm a sensation, i know!
Actually, i post for many old actors and actresses. I just favour them over the new ones and i must pay a tribute to many of them. I have already done that.
- Is there any American actress who enters the "Deneuve Zone"? The mystery, suggestion of tragedy, insight AND kink?
Michelle Pfeiffer, maybe? Unfortunately, Hollywood hates women, so the films aren't available in the U.S. to support a big star throughout life.
- Wow, more than half of the posts in this thread is by the same person! That's dedication. I have to believe Deneuve is something special with a fan like that. Are you male or female, ma cherie?
- I think Catherine Deneuve is one of those women whose looks and allure are mostly spoiled by make-up.
I understand its necessity for the glamour quotient on the red carpet and such events. It adds to the elegance, allure and kind of myth-making that goes along with larger than life events and star-making. But after looking through all of the photos posted here, it seems that she's at her best without that embellishment. Her features are striking enough without it. That shot at R29 could have been so much better without that ghastly eye makeup.
She has those features that photograph well on both men and women. High cheekbones, strong jaw (well, on most women), large doe-eyes and a very slight cleft. She has so much architecture to work with.
- One can hardly expect Ms Deneuve to appear on screen with Ms Behar, inviting the inevitable comparisons.
- Guys, i'm glad that you posted for Catherine.
Catherine is indeed special, she has been directed by so many classic European directors and she has played many roles that have a lot to give to the viewer. You already know that as it seems, dear people.
- My last photo for today.
Keep on dreaming and play fair my friends!
- You are officially a troll now, R90.
- catherine deneuve is probably the most beautiful actress to ever appear in movies, i cant think of any actresses that come close.
- She is exquisite, oh yes.
- With her Marcello in the comedy 'A Slightly Pregnant Man'. The original title of this movie is 'L'événement le plus important depuis que l'homme a marché sur la lune' !!!!!
Big title, eh?
- With Charlotte Gainsbourg in the movie
'Paroles et musique'.
In this, Gainsbourg made her motion picture debut playing Catherine Deneuve's daughter. \t
- From 'Le Sauvage' (1975)
She played alongside Yves Montand for this and the result was very cute and European...
- 'The April Fools'
Although this movie is a comedy, Deneuve was feeling sad and low by the recent death of her beloved sister Françoise Dorléac
- Pensive for 'L'africain'
- Shining and humble
- Purely beautiful
- Her aura is amazing
- Sensational for 'Le bon plaisir' (1984)
- A soft porn side of Catherine...
Just a photo, no worries, she didn't do anything else.
- A more recent Catherine.
- I close this tribute to unique and fabulous Catherine by sending again one of my favourite photos of hers. This time i hope it will open immediately when you click on it!
Guys post for Deneuve!
She is AMAZING!
- Is this the same person who keeps posting pics of Jennifer Beals and uses all these superlatives to describe her?
- R108, you obviously have visited only these two threads, because i have paid many tributes to many actors and actresses in here.
God, some people are so boorish and raw and inelegant when they speak or they write something. Is that even expression?
- What is your native language, anyway?
- R108-R110, i don't wish to continue an infertile convo with you. You pissed me off.
This is a thread for Deneuve, learn to be appropriate to the occasion, it's never too late.
- I really have been loving these old Hollywood threads about Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, and now Deneuve. There really aren't comparisons with today's actresses that I can think of.
Will we ever see actresses revert back to natural breasts? One thing that's pretty notable about Deneueve is that she's not very top heavy at all. I could see producers and agents now demanding a boob job.
- [quote]Is this the same person who keeps posting pics of Jennifer Beals and uses all these superlatives to describe her?
Now that you mention it, it is. I wish these demented assholes would realize they're ruining interesting threads.
- R113 and whoever else you are... If you are a woman i feel ashamed for you and if you are a man i feel the same.
I will never answer back to you again. You don't worth it.
- Time to pack up your toys and go back to your playpen, little pouting fangurlie.
- Why be such a jackass, R115? I know this is DL and all, but...
- It's called "pic spam," R116.
- Yes, I'm aware of what pic spam is. Or, at least, I thought I did. As in all of the feet, presenting holes, nipple placement, incest porn, Sidney Crosby's ass, George Reker's ass, small dicks, etc. pictures we've seen here over the years, right?
Seriously, you find classic Hollywood pic spam annoying? Either turn in your card or don't look. Easy peasy.
- Guys, i can't believe that you didn't post for CATHERINE DENEUVE.
Shame on you! It's never too late to open your eyes to beauty, guys! I bear no grudges to no one, after all...:P
Post for Catherine and see her movies.
The woman is a legend!
- Ouvre les yeux!
- Yes, R112, and I'd like to think that even these days, she'd tell them to go fuck themselves. ITA about natural beauty and all different kinds of bodies and facial features. I hate today's cookie cutter celebs.
- French actress Catherine Deneuve at the 32nd Cannes Film Festivalin 1979.
- We like you Catherine! What a beauty!
RARE RARE RARE
- Catherine Deneuve, Francois Truffaut, Gérard Depardieu, and John Travolta
- Perversion and Purity
- One more light on her
- I just saw A CHRISTMAS TALE over the holiday weekend and quite enjoyed it. It seemed a tad bit meandering in sections, but overall I found it to be a worthwhile watching experience and Deneuve was divine. I wish there was a bit more of a coda or a more satisfying ending to it, but I suppose the ending was very befitting to the story being told and indeed very French in its way (turning to the camera and all of that).
By the way, I couldn't believe how much EVERYONE smoked in the film, but besides that I would certainly recommend it to almost anyone (and I am not an anti-smoking nazi). Is smoking really still that prevalent in France, even now? I couldn't believe in one scene when one of the characters talked about smoking two packs a day to a nurse and she said he needed to "cut back" and not quit altogether and then she is shown smoking herself later on in front of the hospital!
Also, the character of the Jewish girlfriend of the black sheep brother was incredibly irritating and dour, but the actor playing the brother was brilliant.
- R127 yes i also think that smoking is a turn-off. If Catherine wouldn't smoke she would be close to perfect. I mean it!
I mean seeing someone to smoke from a photo or even behind the screen can be charming but having to inhale that smoke when you are not a smoker yourself is not even close to charming.
Anyway Catherine has been grand!
- Nothing less with Catherine...
- Catherine with Ursula Andress
- Catherine with Marcello Mastroianni
- Catherine is licking Marcello's hand for 'Liza', a very peculiar movie
- R132 here is the 'licking' photo
- Guys you know that i love you...
If you want to download Liza down below there the link you are looking for.
'Liza' was also known as 'La cagna'
- And here is the English subtitles for 'Liza'
- However, i must inform you that 'Liza' is certainly not the best film of Catherine Deneuve. But it is really amusing to see her with Marcello Mastroianni and this film has some very peculiar scenes that are very interesting to watch.
- 'She is a woman, a real woman'
- I had no idea Deneuve is fluent in Italian.
- Isn't she the most...she is so, so, so...i can't describe her no more. More than i could say...
Above par...that's for sure.
- Catherine Deneuve and Fernando Rey shine in Luis Buñuel’s restored ‘Tristana’
And yes, R138 Catherine speaks Italian fluently.
How else she could get so intimate with Marcello?
- Omg, she is so sexy. It's unbelievable
- The thing with Deneuve, especially when she was the age in R141 clip, is that she doesn't have one or two seductive things going on at once, she has ten: the way she arches her eyebrows when she talks, the way her lips curve as she talks, the way she moistens her lips, the way she sneaks a smile when you don't expect it, the way she adjusts her hair, the way she keeps her head erect, the way she smokes, etc...
- Its not easy being Catherine Denuve.
- so many of these links posted are dead ends.
- R144, you can view most of the photos. Each time, when a photo seems cache or forbidden, color the address of the link which is at the top of the page and then press the button ENTER. Then the photo will appear.
R142, you got it right. Excellent remark.
And R143, yes, i guess you are right!
- A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y BEAUTIFUL
- L-O-V-E-L-Y AND R-A-R-E!
- CATHERINE, SUBTLE GODDESS!
- You fill your movies with your presence Catherine
- Sexy and....sporty in the photo below! The woman in the left is Anouk Aimée. Catherine starred with Anouk in "Si c'était à refaire", a Claude Lelouch film.
- R54, Catherine did stop smoking for her 40th birthday and only resumed 13 years later when Marcello Mastroiani, the father of her daughter, passed away, as a way to cope with the death.
But at least she never overexposed her skin to the sun: she wanted to feel blonde "all over her body"!
- Cathy D. is a descendant of Eleanor of Aquitaine.
- Catherine Deneuve. What a natural and absolute beauty she was. She made my day with her looks.
- This thread is a wonderful hommage to one of the latter half of the 20th century's most beautiful and talented women.
Aside from the tongue in cheek reference to Rula Lenska, almost every single poster has expressed admiration and love for this icon. She so deserves it.
For me, she was at her most stunning in Les Parapluies de Cherbourg. The film itself, in its simplicity is a total work of art. Her presence gives it a burnished hue that no one else could have achieved.
- Can you imagine a beautiful, talented artist like Deneuve having a conversation with Behar? Joy is brash, loud, homely, crass - the antithesis of everything Deneuve projects.
- In one of her interviews they asked Catherine
'Rolling Stones or Beatles?'
Catherine answered...Rolling Stones.
At first, when i read that reply i felt kind of annoyed, because i thought that Catherine wasn't honest with her reply. I thought that she chose the Stones just because she and her ex husband were friends with Mick Jagger, but then i thought it over.
I believe that Catherine chose The Rolling Stones over The Beatles because the first managed to stay united and the second simply didn't. As it comes to that, Catherine is of course, right. However, as it comes to the discography of those bands, the Beatles were emotionally more powerful and their lyrics were far superior to the RS'.
Read more about Catherine's taste if you are fond of the French goddess.
- Someone asked on another thread if there is a celebrity death that will make you sad. When Deneuve goes I will be sad. I will be said because foe me she is a link between so many different types of cinema: from Bunuel to Truffaut to the young French directors. And I absolutely love that she is a great lover of cinema who watches films all the time. She goes to the movies, because she loves the experience and is still inspired by it. Love her.
She is still beautiful, but just knock-out gorgeous and sexy in her mid 40s.
- Good thread, but I have never liked the title...it puts an really unpleasant image in my head. Catherine Deneuve is way too good to be "on" Joy Behar!
- I totally agree with R158. It would be great if someone could edit the title of this thread and change it. This thread has very interesting photos and stuff about Catherine. It needs another title. This thread should not be deleted, it's full of Catherine...!