- just you.
i love him!
- I love him.
- Why would you hate a stranger you don''t even know and bears you no harm, OP? You''re twisted.
- I don''t hate him, but he''s an awful actor. He gets worse with every new episode of Glee. Stick with singing.
- I''m kind of there with you, Gwynnie. Then again, I don''t much care for you, either.
- It is youth you hate; not any particular person.
- I still kind of love the character, but don''t have an opinion on the actor. I really have not looked at him outside an episode.
- i love him and can not get enough of him
- He sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick.
- You say you hate him because you know you wouldn''t have a chance with him. I don''t think it''s him you hate.
- No, OP. Clearly it''s you the one that has some bizarre issue.%0D
- He can sure sing - perfect pop voice.
- After my grass is greener moment with Darren who has turned out to be a horrible actor and limited performer, I am now firmly back with the sweet, beautiful and talented Chord Overstreet. Life lesson learned.
- I think he''s a charming guy and fun to watch during his performances, but they shouldn''t give him dramatic material.
- Darren is cute and seems like a good guy.\
Blaine is beginning to wear thin.
- his pussy is RIPE
- He''s adorable!!!!!
- He''s a doll!
- Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.
- [quote]He sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick%0D\
You''re full of sh*t
- The most handsome and talented guy on Glee.
- He is such a cutie, despite his microscopic nipples. I hope he''s working on those acting skills though.
- Darren being interviewed by this thread''s OP:
- Most handsome and talented guy on Glee? LOLOLOL.
- r24 = jealous be-yotch
- R25 Jealous of WHAT? I never understand why people throw that out just because someone doesn''t agree with their opinion. DC has nothing for me to be jealous of, thank you.
- I agree that he is very one-note, but he has potential!
- He''s sweetness and light!
- I would become a non-gluten vegan for a year to have a go with him.
- Positive uplifting fans beat cranky old hateful cunt 30-1.
- The gays hate EVERYBODY. Next!!!
- The character has never really lived up to the seismic jolt of his first appearance on the show. "Teenage Dream" had the same effect on the collective psyche as Ricky Martin''s "La Vida Loca" Grammy appearance. Both were impossible to top.
- I hate darren criss too, he thinks he''s awsome, but he''s nothing but a piece of shit. and his face to the cameras annoys me. so... I DO HATE DARREN CRISS VEEERY MUCHHH
- R32 nailed it. Love Darren, hate the writing for him. I don''t blame him for eating up the spotlight. This may be his best shot for stardom.
- he''s fug.
- Look at the latest You Tube video with Charlene Kayne. Awful, awful, awful. And he looks like he hasn''t washed in a year. Idiotic hair and glasses make him look like a homeless jerk.
- Chord Overstreet is someone''s name?! Is it real, or a stage name?
- I don''t hate him, but I don''t think he''s as cute as a lot of people here.
- Fortunately, the ankle-biting hatred form a few housebound old queens like you won''t deter his incipient fame.\
As a fan of his pre-Glee, he''s taking it all quite carefully, and enjoying it.\
He''s very talented, cute as a button, and you''re not.
- Chord Overstreet is his real name: "My real name is Chord Overstreet. I actually got my name because my dad is in the music business as a songwriter. I was the third one in my family born, and there are three notes in a chord, so that''s how they came up with my name." Strange name but a cute kid - not like Darren Criss who is beginning to wear thin. Poor Chris Colfer who has been marginalized by Darren Criss this season of Glee.%0D\
- [quote]...sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick.\
Isn''t that the entirety of Glee in a nutshell?
- R40 Chris Colfer won a Golden Globe this year. I hardly think he feels marginalized.
- Exactly, R42. The one who should feel marginalized is Cory Monteith. The lead actor, you know.
- Darren is on the cover of Out. How can you hate him? What other young up and coming actor has done something like that? \
Jesus, some of you basement dwellers will never be happy.
- What? There are nothing BUT straight guys on the cover of Out.
- I love the guy. He''s sexy and talented.\
Which is why, of course, some DLers hate him.
- Right R45.\
Which makes him cool, straight, gay-friendly and happy with himself.\
And that of course makes everyone on this board despise him.
Zak, posting from your mama''s basement bitches!
- I love him. \
I want him inside me, deeply and pounding.
- Caught Darren on Regis and Kelly. He wasn''t much taller than Regis and that was when wearing shoes with a heel.\
Interview wasn''t very interesting. They basically just told the story of how he got on Glee (he cut his hair and auditioned for the third time). \
There was a bit of an awkward moment when he was talking about StarKid and like "you might have heard of it" and no one clapped or anything.\
Oh and Regis kept calling him Blaine.
- I love Darren but he is all over the talk shows and tells the same story over and over. And he drives me crazy with the way he constantly talks with his hands - it seems very effeminate - although there is nothing wrong with that. He also keeps telling the same story about "coming out of the closet as straight." I think he is over doing that - who cares? I too think that Chris Colfer has been "marginalized." He won a Golden Globe for LAST season; but this season has been all about "Blaine." With Colfer at Dalton, he also isn''t getting much air time. Darren is dominating all the blogs and has dominated the iTunes charts. And I must admit that I have bought all of them.
- Saying you "hate" Darren Criss is like saying you hate bunnies.
- R50 I believe the Golden Globe was partly for this season, though. This season and part of last season.\
And Chris has had WAY more screen time this season than he did last season. I don''t think people can complain about that. Darren may be singing more than him, but Chris has never really sung much on the show (and, again, he has sung more this season than last season, and he has two important songs in next week''s episode, March 15), and the heart of the storyline is still his character.\
I think most people are getting tired of Blaine, to be honest, and it''s all the writers'' fault. That and he sounds the same on every pointless song his character sings. \
I do wish Darren would stop making jokes about "coming out straight." I find that whole story annoying.
- [quote]Chris has never really sung much on the show (and, again, he has sung more this season than last season, and he has two important songs in next week''s episode, March 15)\
Chris is singing in two of seven songs in that episode, but Darren is on three or four of them. He''s probably battling Lea Michele for most solos this season and he''s still a guest star (despite reports that say otherwise) so it''s getting ridiculous.
- You only hate him OP because your cock will never be in his hole. Not gay, he only plays one on tv.
- [quote]Not gay, he only plays one on tv.
- R53 I agree it''s ridiculous, but I''m just saying his presence is not marginalizing CHRIS, because Chris is singing more this season than he ever has.\
I think he is taking away something from other characters, though. He especially didn''t need to sing two songs in the Valentine''s Day episode (although I do think SLS should have gone to Chris in particular).\
And, yes, since he appeared on the show, DC has sung more than everyone in that span of episodes besides Lea. Glee needs to work on balance, because I no longer get excited for his songs, especially because they don''t have any meaning to the plot.
- People are waiting for Darren to kiss Cris, not Cris kissing Darren. Darren is dominating the PR for the whole show. I wonder when the other cast members start getting annoyed/jealous (e.g. Overstreet). R52 is right - the writers are milking this plot for all its worth and we are buying it. And BTW, what was Darren''s Bill''s song all about in the episode after the Super Bowl? I loved it but it had noting to do with the story line. Darren is an amazing, intelligent talent - but he is beginning to get a bit tiring. It is time to move on. And no more photoshopped Out covers with fake abs - PLEASE! I like you just the way you are.
- Has Darren hit his peak already? Say it aint so!
- Kurt is the worst stereotype they could have found.
- Darren''s Mom is Filipino, Dad is Irish heritage.
- I felt the love from Colfer''s character last night but not so much from Blaine. For me, Darren''s acting seemed a little awkward. I guess most people liked the singing of Animal, but it didn''t do anything for me. (What was with all the foam?) My feeling is that is wasn''t up to par with Darren''s other performances. Oh well, I''m sure others will disagree. Anyway, as R58 says: Has Darren hit his peak already?
- He''s a cute kid-but I can''t watch him sing or act...with the mute button on, sure...and I like the sound of his singing voice, but he''s WAY over-the-top during performances.
- He is cute, but a bit one-note.\
And I bet the rest of the cast are pissed off with the attention and air time he is getting.
- HE LOOKS LIKE ANDREW CUNANAN!
- I feel kinda bad ab out saying this but -%0D\
- [quote]The character has never really lived up to the seismic jolt of his first appearance on the show. "Teenage Dream" had the same effect on the collective psyche as Ricky Martin''s "La Vida Loca" Grammy appearance. Both were impossible to top.\
An impeccably apt description of his current popular decline and how he''s definitely wearing thin on the show as a character. \
R32 states it perfectly.
- [quote]And he drives me crazy with the way he constantly talks with his hands - it seems very effeminate - although there is nothing wrong with that.\
- No. I think he''s adorable and a very good singer. Love him.
- While I appreciated his character being one of those "concerned" people in the "sex" episode, and the garage scene was sweet and touching, if not a bit too After-School Special, I would have much preferred if ''Kurt'' had allowed ''Blaine'' to have the sex talk discussion, in graphic slurp, poke and spewing detail!\
Off to write some slash fiction! hehe.
rabis Darren Criss fan; really. No, really.
- When he sings, especially while playing the piano, he reminds me of Ray Charles'' mannerisms.
- When he sings, especially while playing the piano, he reminds me of Helen Keller at the well.
- I bet R71 was actually there.
- He''s cute, but not all that. I''m sure he''s a nice guy, but something has always bothered me about his singing. It''s like he''s straining to hit the notes. He''s given a lot of songs his voice can''t handle.
- Finally someone who doesn''t like him! I think he''s fugly.. I never thought he was hot at all. His face is meh/ugly and he just does nothing for me, never has. I seriously do not get the attraction, why is he so hot? please do tell, because I for sure don''t get it..
- I don''t really get it either R74. But I don''t think it is about him. It is simply about the gay tease perpetrated by Murphy and the Glee writers. Fortunately for Darren he has other projects going for him - because once the public gets tired of the tease or the %E2%80%9Ckiss%E2%80%9D is culminated, they will move on to someone/something else. For example, Chord Overstreet was the new hot kid on the block until Criss arrived. Now he is relegated to the woodwork and doesn%E2%80%99t get much PR.
- 61, 70, 72, 75, all the same queen; obsessive much?
- r76, that queen has told us he is working through his obsession with Darren. Let him be!
- The backlash against Blaine is already starting. Fans who were unhappy with him last week and furious after his scenes with Kurt in this week''s episode. Even the AfterElton comments are full of people saying they are over Blaine and hoping for Kurt to get a new boyfriend.\
Meanwhile various members of the press are starting to speculate that Sam could be gay after all.\
By the end of the season, Ryan Murphy will be doing interviews and making it clear that his original plan for Kurt''s boyfriend never changed.
- Meanwhile, Darren will continue on with career, while Glee cast members lipsynch autotuned hits in arenas full of screaming tweens.
Suck it, haters.
- I think he''s okay, if somewhat over-hyped at the moment. Seems like a nice guy.
- I think it amusing that a supposedly adult male would go on a forum to announce his "hatred" for a young actor.\
You have issues, OP. The kind that usually involve a restraining order.
- Next week''s Kurt/Blaine duet is awful. It''s a bad song and their voices sound terrible together.\
The two Warblers songs that Blaine leads are okay, nothing special. \
Kurt''s solo is very good.
- I love the Blaine/Kurt hating.. I can''t stand Blaine. And I''m sorry, but Darren Kriss is fugly. Bushy eyebrows, messy hair, just a very ugly face.. no thanks.
- I''ve seen pictures of Criss looking less preppy and overly groomed, and think he''s much more attractive that way. He looks so prissy and supercilious on the show it really ends up making him seem less sympathetic than I think is intended.%0D\
I thought this most recent episode was a real dud.
- I don''t "hate" him, but I''m definitely over him. If they keep forcing him on me, I will learn to hate him. In just a very short time I think he is over-exposed. And I also think his character is one dimensional. He''d fit in well in one of those Peter Lawford rom/com musicals from the 40''s.
- I love Darren/Blaine, and I love Glee, but they do tend to over-do whatever seems to be selling. They push and push until whatever they are pushing is so over-the-top it has become laughable. They have done this with Sue and they are doing it with Blaine.\
I also think Darren is cuter when he is a bit scruffy.
- Why does Blaine sing lead on every damn song the Warblers perform? It''s annoying and overload. And while I drool at the possibility of Chord Overstreet''s character being gay, the thought of someone who looks like him dating Kurt is even more ludicrous than Blaine dating Kurt. It would have to be preceded by the disclaimer. Ripley''s Believe It or Not!"
- I don''t hate the actor by any stretch, but I agree with those who say he''s just got one trick.%0D\
Teenage Dream was awesome, but they''ve bascially just had him do lesser versions of that set-up over and over again. It''s getting boring.%0D\
One thing I do love about the show is that they''re not afraid to make Kurt kind of a pill. He reminds me a of a lot of gay kids I knew growing up (not me, though, I was awesome).
- "Darren Kriss is fugly. Bushy eyebrows, messy hair, just a very ugly face"\
Post your picture, cunt. We''re sure you''re Ford Model material.
- Darren Criss'' 15 minutes of fame in OVAH!! Sing that troll boy.
- R89.. I''m not pretty, I''ll admit that, but I never claimed I was, and I''m not in the spotlight either, like Darren. Actors are in a profession basically based on how they look, I think it''s a bit different. Besides, Darren Criss thinks he''s soo hot. He''s very cocky and full of himself when he really has no reason to be. Most fangirls just go gaga over him because he and Kurt are cute together, and they are blind because they are Gleeks. These are the same people who say that Glee is well written, well acted and not autotuned! LMAO.
- Oh, the haters have descended on poor Darren! What will he do? \
Im not mad at him at all. He is an okay singer, certainly good enough for this show. GLEE has hit it''s peak darlings, and Darren is lucky enough to have been a part of that. Soon he will fade into obscurity doing theatre until he finds his next break. And he is getting more dick than he knows what to with.
- R92, is that picture supposed to do him any favors? because it''s not.. He is butt ugly in that picture like he is in all other pictures too. I don''t find him hot at all. He is not the least bit attractive, he never was. \
That nose reminds me of Rob Pattinson''s nose, and that is not a compliment.. his face is not pretty, I''m sorry, but it''s not.
- "I''m not pretty, I''ll admit that, but I never claimed I was,"\
No, but admit that you''re also ugly on the inside.
- Just listened to next weeks preview of of Chris and Darren''s song. Ugh!
- And you wonder why actors are hesitant to play gay roles.\
Jesus fuckin'' christ, you pathetic Marys!
- R97 Why, because there might be people who don''t like them just like there are people who dislike any other actor? DC doesn''t get to be loved just because he''s playing a gay role.
- R97 is Data Lounge''s own Karofsky. Just a BULLY. He wastes time reading 96 posting on a topic in which he has absolutely no interest and then calls those of us who are having fun "pathetic Marys." And he has to preface this with profanity. What a self-hating, name-calling loser.
- 99 (and your brain having all the depth of a luft balloon), your "self-hating" meme is more of your inane deranged projection.\
Post after post of ankle-biting vicious attacks on an innocuous little cute actor-singer.\
What does that say about you?\
I love myself as an out proud gay man, unlike you. \
I adore Darren Criss (obviously; you can trace me with your obsessive idiocy via Trolldar), and knew of his music before ''Glee.''\
This relentless catty bitchery, while perfectly in-theme with DataLounge, is tiresome and stupid.\
We crow and whine about the dearth of supportive gay roles on TV.\
And when the most popular one reaches a pop culture zeitgeist moment, on an admittedly erratic TV show, which nevertheless repeatedly addresses homophobia head-on, who are the actor''s most bitter detractors?\
You are a sad, empty vat of unsatisfied torpor.\
Thank goodness I probably won''t ever have to meet you in person.
the proud gay Darren Criss fan
- R100 You think BLAINE is the most popular gay character on TV? Yeah. I stopped reading after that.
- You obviously don''t read popular magazines, either, doof:\
Would the rephrasing "one of the most popular.." satisfy your snippy minutia-sniping idiocy? Probably not.
Trolldar me, doof; see if I care.
- R102 ONE of the most popular is fine. Saying he is the most popular is one of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever seen posted at Data Lounge, especially because his character gets more and more backlash after every episode. Not to mention how Blaine doesn''t have much of a presence outside of people who watch Glee, unlike other gay characters on mainstream shows.
- "one of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever seen posted at Data Lounge"\
So, you''re new here.
Kak, graxy, baked potato bar, turkey meatballs, WTC insatiable bottom, etc.
- R104 No. I just recognize an unreasonable stan when I see one.
- And yet you don''t see a string of irrational hatred directed at a complete stranger to be "unreasonable."
Please re-read this thread''s title. Thank you and good day.
- R100 tells us he loves himself. That''s good. Probably no none else does. He is too intellectually superior to all of us, impressed with his own vocabulary, and one of those annoying creeps we all know from high school. BTW, what is DC''s money-making career after Glee, since you are such a knowledgeable fan?
- R106 People love and hate celebrities all the time. Yeah, I''m sure there is NO ONE you can''t stand.
- 107, It''s obvious that you have the skill to extend your inane vitriol toward other complete strangers about which you know nothing.\
That''s a skill that''s... oh, wait, useless.\
I''m sorry standard English is so befuddling to you.\
As to Darren Criss'' previous and upcoming work, Google is your friend.
- R107 Jerks get the last word. You get the last word. Have a lovely day.
- How tall is he? He looks about 5''4". Then again, Tom Cruise is a pocket gay and he has a great career going, so what do I know...
- Darren Criss isn''t one of us. He''s gone out of his way to let everyone know he is straight and just acting a gay character. The real hero for the community is Chris Colfer. He''s the real deal in all ways. In my opinion, very deserving of his Golden Globe award!
- R112 Chris Colfer is adorable and very talented. I look forward to his movie that he *wrote* and is going to star in this summer.
- I dont hate him , but I hate the way that Kurt has been moved to the background
- I''d lick his shitter.
- I wonder what will happen to Darren''s @FreePavarotti twitter account after this week''s episode? His relationship with Luke Edgemon is more interesting than anything Blaine does on Glee...
- R117 What is the relationship with Luke Edgemon about? Who is he and what is the connection to Criss? Have I missed something?
- It is just a fan theory that Darren Criss has anything to do with the FreePav twitter account. People want to believe it is him.
- It''s allegedly an account by some cast members, but it''s namesake is the bird-mascot on the show.\
Seems very Prancing Pony-ish.
If you need an explanation of Prancing Pony, just... go away.
- After Darren Criss got popular from Glee, he said he felt like he couldn''t use his twitter now that he was in the public eye. A day or two later the FreePavarotti account appeared and Darren stopped using his twitter.\
It''s definitely one of the Warblers although only a few of them know who is behind it. Fans assume it is Darren due to the references to things Darren likes and the fact that some of Darren''s non-Glee friends follow it and/or are followed by the account.\
R118 Luke Edgemon is one of the Warblers. He is only interesting if Darren is the one behind the account, since the Luke and "Pavarotti" are in some sort of relationship.
- R121 He sounds a bit "divaish." Chris Colfer and Chord Overstreet still use their original Twitter names. While postings are not that frequent, they sometimes are very funny. An earlier post suggested that DC was a bit "full of himself." I wonder if anyone knows that to be the case?
- He''s very non-diva-ish on his own YouTube and web site and Facebooks posts.\
Stop the hate, people! He''s a sweetie!
Yes, it''s the rabid Darren Criss fan queen again
- Now would be a good time to look at @FreePavarotti and @LukeEdgemon on twitter to get an idea of the kind of things they tweet to each other.
- R124 I really don''t care about those Twitter accounts. It''s just fan service, whatever they are.
- I agree - he does the same moves, his voice is THIN and raspy - and just average looking (relative to the other warblers/glee actors) why are they spending soooo much time on this character and/or voice? there are so many others on the show I would rather hear sing (or famous guest singers that could appear).
- Darren still posts on Twitter on his own name -- he posted three times today -- but he doesn''t do it very often.
- Darren was at Luke Edgemon''s show tonight. Their bromance lives on.
- Darren Criss was not @FreePavarotti. The Warblers have said it was some guy from Boston, not even one of the extras.
- how dare you%0D\
he is an amazing, normal guy, that cares about the work he does.%0D\
what did he ever do to you?%0D\
the world is worse because of people like you%0D
- Hating Darren Criss is like hating puppies or kitten. My hating is reserved for low lives who rape puppies, kitten or the constitution.
- I don't hate him but soon his going to be one of those actors who loses where they came from. He's going to let go of starkid and I will be the first to say that i won't be a fan of his ever again when it happens. He always says he loves being on stage well then be on it. Don't say you don't have the time because there are others out there that make the time. I think the sad thing is most people are going to say he's this amazing song writer and singer. I will say he has an amazing voice because he does but he isn't the best song writer out there. i would even say he is really bad at it and i make fun of it because he's so series about his music. He could be grate but he's going to be ruined when he gets there. I wish it wasn't true but it is and i know a lot of people will disagree with this but look at it from an actors point of view. We do what we have to and that means selling our soul. I respect him for going out there and making it but he lost it when he stops making time with the people who were there when his name wasn't in the paper and his face wasn't everywhere. He is first and for-most an actor and we do what's right by our characters but there is always that fine line of is that to much. He losing who he was as he becomes who he is now. so no i don't hate him but i almost feel sorry for him. say what you will about this but its what i think and when and if it happens I TOLD YOU SO.
- r133...did you take your meds sweet peach
- no im not on meds
- I would pay good cash money to see a Chord Overstreet/Darren Criss flip-flop fuck session.
- OP = the sixth grade girl who couldnt get the attention of the hot popular boy, so she decides she "hates" him and he is gross.\
Go start your menzies, honey. Maybe when you grow into your looks you might have the self-esteem to not turn a hot guy off and get some positive attention from him.
- There are so many Oh, Dear moments in R133''s post that I don''t know where to begin. So I won''t. I couldn''t even read it, tbh. You didn''t tell me anything, hon.
- [quote]There are so many Oh, Dear moments in [R133]''s post that I don''t know where to begin.\
Here, allow me...\
[quote]He losing who he was as he becomes who he is now. so no i don''t hate him but i almost feel sorry for him. say what you will about this but its what i think and when and if it happens I TOLD YOU SO.\
- That Starkid stuff is cute but it''s amateur hour. There''s no way in a million years Darren Criss is going to go back to his college theatre troupe after being on a network TV series and everything else that''s happened to him in the past six months.
- Darren Criss has a sweet pussy. Like coconut pie.
- "I just recognize an unreasonable stan when I see one."\
Kowalsk? Roper? the tank engine?
- Sounds like r133 knows Darren personally. If he wasn''t so drunk she could tell us more.
- i believe the reason why u posted this ridiculous question ''anonymous'' is because you realized that if you put your name down, people would hunt you down for even questioning him. Do everyone a favor and get off his jock.
- I don''t hate him at all, I guess it''s just that Blaine starts to innoy me a little.%0D\
I know Darren can do better then on glee, like in A very potter musical/sequel...%0D\
But overall I just love Darren%E2%99%A5
- Have you ever seen him act in anything besides Glee? He''s a pretty talented kid. And, by saying ''hate'' you just make your self look extremely ignorant. So, you don''t like him. Fine. I actually understand. But you have no reason to hate him. He''s not a hateful person at all, so this just makes you seem like a petty person.\
AND SCENE. :D
- [R133] Starkid has just released Starship. And guess who wrote all the music and lyrics? Darren. So, give him the benefit of the doubt. Don''t get ahead of yourself.
- I don''t u stupid idiot! Why would you hate Darren Criss? He is very nice and sweet? Your just jealous...
- Why is he so fucking hairy? Does he have hair on his toes even?
- Is he like the fonzie on Glee?
- The songs he sings, his choreography, his lines, that''s all Glee, not Darren. Darren isn''t Blaine so you need to get real here.
- I do! FINALLY I find someone who doesn''t like him. Thank God for OP!\
Seriously though.. I do not see the attraction at all. I made a comment on AE and got like 14 0 ratings from the crazy Gleeks, but they have to be blind, because he is not hot, AT. ALL. Bushy eyebrows, annoying hair, no cheekbone structure whatsoever, big nose, short, cocky, thinks he''s all that. Why do all the women go gaga over him? I never thought he was hot.. barely average, even borderline ugly. How can so many people think he''s hot? I just don''t get it.. And how come he thinks so highly of himself? He thinks he''s hot just because a lot of deluded and blind fangurls think he''s hot when he''s really not. His whole attitude is so off putting! yuck. Average looks combined with that attitude equals no thanks for me.
- ugh.. I should have known. This site is infested with stupid straight fangurls as well. Can''t you guys ever leave the gays alone? You will NEVER be a gay man, I know you wish you were, but you will not be. I am a female, but at least I''m gay, so I belong to the community. It makes sense that I''m here. A lot of lesbians are actually on DL too. But the straight fangurls are annoying to no end. You all infest most of the gay sites, and it''s moronic. You can just GTFO DL. Nobody wants you here.
- 152 = Ford Model, in his/her deranged mind.
- R153 How do you know these are all straight girls? Not only can lesbians like Darren, but so can guy guys. I like him because he was Harry Freakin'' Potter. I knew him before Glee. And hell, he plays a gay man ON Glee, so why can''t I find him attractive? Yeah, some of these are from girls, but not all of them.
- [R153] As Darren would say, no one likes an asshole.
- Darren should go out with that guy in Long Island before the creep goes to jail. It could be his last good deed.
- All the teenage girls. Lord help.
- R158 And teenage boys.
- R149 - racist much? He''s half-Filipino.
- I only hate him for having ruined my life. Now all my future boyfriends are going to dull in comparison to him. Oh, Darren..
- BOMBSHELL........ VINTAGE UNDERWEAR PARTY PICS OUT DARREN CRISS!!!!!
- I''ve met him. He''s a nice, but straight kid, and is tiny. I think he''s cute but I dislike that show and his character, too. I sort of got a stoner vibe from him and his friend.
- Cute undy pic.\
Sorry, vicious cuntina; we love him all the more.
- Only Chris Colfer is more annoying than Darren Criss.
- I love that he wears nail polish on some of his fingernails
- I like him, I just hate "Glee" in general. -__-
- how can ANYONE hate darren criss??%0D\
hes an AMAZING singer and actor and song writer hes funny, modest noytto meantion SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT
- You guys suck if you disagree with me!
- I have to say I dislike him too, but I would still eat him out if given the opportunity. His ass looks amazing in that underwear picture.
- OMG Darren is my hero you sadly just made me cry...%0D
- YES! I hate him too...I''m so sick of his goofy faces and constant attention seeking wackiness, his flirtatious behavior with Colfer when they are not in character. The last actor I saw acting that obnoxiously on the red carpet was Tom Cruise and that is NOT a compliment.
- He and that show give me a fucking toothache. And I can''t stand his mugging. He thinks he''s hot shit.
- "I''ll NEVER stop mugging," vows chipmunk-cheeked star
- That suit certainly accentuates his hips.
- [quote]YES! I hate him too...I''m so sick of his goofy faces and constant attention seeking wackiness\
But, just consider: if he were serious and intense in public appearances, then you''d complain about his being ''pretentious'' or taking himself too seriously.\
The point is, you hate him because you hate him, quite independent of whatever he actually does. \
I understand hating someone like the woman-beating Chris Brown, or the gay-hating Tracy Morgan, and I myself hate the truly destructive Dick Cheney and the loathsome Koch brothers (do you even know who these people are?). But to hate some innocuous kid who sings and dances on a television show?\
It demonstrates that you are a loser who fixates on random celebrities to give focus and meaning to an otherwise meaningless life. Grow up and focus your bile on some of the awful, destructive people who actually deserve it.\
Oh yeah, he''s fucking HOT, and I''d blow him on my mother''s dinner table during Thanksgiving Dinner if I had the chance.
- R176 It is possible to between the two extremes of crazy and stoic. That''s all I''m asking for. And Criss may not be a bad person, but he''s still mind numbingly annoying.
- [quote]Criss may not be a bad person, but he''s still mind numbingly annoying\
He''s a KID! What is he? Twenty-two, twenty-three? Is there a manual for how to behave when you''re suddenly the object of national attention? Charlie Sheen has been famous for a quarter of a century and he hasn''t got it (of course, Charlie''s insane, which doesn''t help).\
Sorry, you sound sane, but there''s a celebrity culture in this country that strikes me as very unhealthy. You see it in the endless ''Why won''t Anderson Cooper come OUT!'' threads, placing way too much importance on the doings of people who mostly aren''t very important, certainly not to our lives.\
But he sure is one hot kid. I''d blow him on... Well, I already said.
- [quote]It demonstrates that you are a loser who fixates on random celebrities to give focus and meaning to an otherwise meaningless life. Grow up and focus your bile on some of the awful, destructive people who actually deserve it.\
Ummm..WE''RE too focused on him???\
[quote]Oh yeah, he''s fucking HOT, and I''d blow him on my mother''s dinner table during Thanksgiving Dinner if I had the chance.\
Oh, and here''s a newsflash: you can still blow someone who''s untalented, annoying and NOT hot.
- I much prefer Trouty mouth.
- "The point is, you hate him because you hate him, quite independent of whatever he actually does."\
No, actually I have grown to be very annoyed by him, because of his behavior. In the beginning I sorta liked him, or at least his character on the show. I''ve never actually had a problem with anything he says, I''m just sick of his face. I''d rather listen to Christian Bale talk out his ass for an hour than see another 30 seconds of Darren criss leaping about on the red carpet.
- *raises hand* I personally dislike him because of the fact that pretty much every girl on the face of the earth is fawning over him like he''s drop dead gorgeous. Which he''s not. I''ve seen better, much, much better.
- I love his character in glee And hes kinda cute. Then again thats juss my opinion.
- I love him. Talented and adorable. Haters.
- actually he''s a good actor because he''s always acting. What you see in interviews is not the real him.
- How do you know that, R185? Do tell, please.
- **sticks finger up ass** why must you fangurls talk like this?
- Any pics of his ass?
- I just saw a promo for the new season of Glee and there was his mugging face on my screen. I was going to say I hope they don''t give him any dramatic or even slightly challenging material since HE CANNOT ACT, but I think I''ve realized I don''t really care and just won''t bother watching this season anyway.
- [quote]actually he''s a good actor because he''s always acting. What you see in interviews is not the real him.\
I get that vibe from him too. There is something else going on with him, it''s weird. \
I like him though.
- "but I think I''ve realized I don''t really care and just won''t bother watching this season anyway."\
And yet you''ll continue to make bland sniping comments about him and the show, because it''s your reason for living.
- He''s adorable. And talented. And sexy.
- I''d definitely eat his round bubble ass.
- I don''t "hate" him. \
But I agree with the comment upthread.....the delivery in many of his songs and/or the Warblers songs sounded VERY much the same. \
He seems a little more natural and relaxed in his acting. And he is Glee''s real "heartthrob" - I get that a lot more of the frauleins would be wet for Darren vs. Finn, who despite being a "senior" is, like, pushing 30. \
And, uh.....offering constructive criticism doesn''t make one a "hater." And if you want to prove someone wrong, you have to come back with something stronger than "Haters!"
- I am curious to see if Damian McGinty will challenge Darren for number one heartthrob status. He is absolutely adorable, young enough to be believable as a high school student, and has a lovely voice.
- I''m kinda love/hate him for the moment. Yes, he''s hot and a damn good singer and a pretty good actor. He ''s really sweet and kind. I love him at since I watched AVPM. But I hate it when he started taking over the spotlight way too much. Gimme a break! I really like you, but I want to see the other casts as well, okay?? It''s not all about you. \
You guys can go and hate. This is a fact and if you get mad at me for posting an opinion (even an unpopular one) there''s nothing I can do about it.
- Well if you don''t hate him now you probably will soon. The writers are determined to make the audience love Blaine but I think it''s going to backfire. The writers are trying to be meta by having other characters on the show dislike Blaine so that the audience will root for him... and he will still be getting multiple solos per episode and lots of screentime.
- Fuck that show. Who cares? He''s touring with sellout concerts and already has a career well beyond ''Glee.''\
- ABSOLUTELY NOT - I IDOLISE HIM AND THERE IS NOT REASON TO HATE HIM
- He's cute as fuck. Total marriage material, he'll make a girl or guy happy.
He might not be everyone's cup of tea but on the show he has tons of charisma.
- Have you ever seen him outside of glee? I think he has great acting potentials. Eastwick, his last scene, for example, amazing acting skills for someone who is so young and inexperienced as him. Some lines in avpm/s killed me too.
I think you're wrong.
He is definitely not the best actor. But I will never call him a bad actor at all!
- His publicist needs to cool it. I liked him when he debuted on Glee, but now he's so overexposed, I want to kick him every time I see his mug and incredibly affected persona.
- Just shows ya...
One day...nobody struggling actor
Next Day...douchebag with a knit cap and bodyguards
And yes...I've seen it first hand
- You don't even know him. You don't have the right to say you hate him. Personally, he seems like a brilliant actor, an outstanding singer, and a very humble guy. But that's just how I see him. But you can't just say you hate him like that, I dare you to have a conversation with him and tell me that you still hate his guts afterwards.
- They're sad little ankle-biting queens, the haters.
- A "brilliant actor"? LOLOL. Say he's cute or whatever, but the guy is terrible at acting.
- He is certainly not terrible. I am not delusional enough to think he is a great actor but he is perfectly mediocre with a healthy dose of charisma to help hide his weaknesses.
- Saying you hate Darren Criss is like saying you hate puppies and rainbows.
- Darren is seriously talented.
- He's so obnoxious. His performances are terrifying.
- Which is why his performances are consistently some of the most popular ones R210. We all have our opinions but you have to accept most people don't agree with you.
The Last Friday Night performance you linked to is already getting good online buzz.
- Dont worry, you're not alone. We hate him too! Everyone else is just insane for liking him.
- UM NO NOT HATE BUT EVERYONE SAYS HE IS CUTE I MUST BE BLIND OR WHATEVER
- He really showed off his limited vocals in One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story. Breathy sweet nothings and he couldn't even sing the part as written.
They way they've dressed him is ridiculous. He's a case of he's OK in limited one offs. As a regular, he's a complete nothing.
- His manic mugging is really getting on my nerves.
The eye-poppin' thing he constantly does has got to stop.
- I used to like him when he was with the Warblers but now Glee is basically the Darren Criss show. And Kurt was much more interesting when he didn't have the BF.
- At first Blaine took my breath away, wishing I'd had a Teenage Dream just like that back in my school days. But the more Blaine I got all over my screen the less of him I wanted. Now, like Finn, I just want him to sit down, shut up and stop singing.
Darren Criss has a great PR team. He's been on TV lately because he's in People's Sexiest list and we got some completely corny beefcake shots of him shirtless (chest freshly waxed) on a beach. I'd have drooled once but now I look at that and think "famewhore". There's rumors (from a blind item) that he's fucking Ryan Murphy for exposure and, while I think the rumors are crap, it doesn't surprise me that that's his rep these days. His fans seem to think he's so humble and sweet but to me he seems so hungry for fame.
- Not hate, but... Manic mugging covers his acting, and his singing is weak and off-key. And I don't think he's cute. His head is 30% of his body. He's so unremarkable, it's painful.
- Back off, bitches.
You've been warned!
- Is he related to Peter Criss from the rock band Kiss?
- No he isn't related to Peter Criss, and hate On Darren all you want but lets be honest
Glee is still very much the Lea/Chris/Cory show. Sure he has been established as one of the players after them but outside of singing fairly often he doesn't have that many scenes normally, which is pretty consistent with how it has been since he has been introduced.
Darren has been a true ally of the gay community and seems like a nice dude so it is hard for me to hate on him personally.
- We can all judge whether or not Criss is talented when he does
"How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying" for three weeks on Broadway in January.
No doubt he will be all over TV singing songs from the musical to sell tickets. For the record, I like the guy.
- "he has the cool, clear eyes of a seeker of
wisdom and truth..
yet there's that upturned chin
and that grin of impetious youth."
- R223: Great riff on Darren Criss.
- Darren is freakin amazing. He is such an inspiration. Anyone that hates him doesn't know enough about him to see the good in him. Not to mention is super hot.
- I hate that fag as well
- Neologism of the day: impetious (adjective): a type of behavior generally perpetrated by boy-men who use attractiveness to torture DataLounge eldergays with persistent unavailability.
(I think the word Loesser provided for that spot, R223, was "impetuous".)
- No, but I hate R226. Will that do?
- yeah it's only you. i love him
- Love him. Hate this thread.
- What about pron, Blaine?
- I think he's fairly talented and cute as a button, so he seems perfect for Glee.
OP, on the other hand, seems unbalanced and obviously in need of a life if he feels the need to come here and spew such venom for someone he doesn't know and who is fairly innocuous in the scheme of things.
- There's a big piece on him in today's NYTimes claiming he's straight, even though he refuses to name names in his personal life.
- “But I love challenges that are big and hard."
- Darren is in a relationship with Mia Swier of "Shoot the Freak". They have been pictured together for years but for some reason he refuses to publicly talk about it.
I am sure some of you bitches will be at opening night, want to hear how he does.
- Ahem, i think it's just you. All of you are like blah blah but do you even know him? No. i HAD THE PLEASURE of meeting Darren at a starkid concert, which was a theatre group he was apart of when he was in college with his friends which is now a youtube sensation (AVPM, AVPS, STARSHIP, and he was the nicest funniest guy ever. He played Harry in A very Potter Musical so I gave him a huge box of chocolate frogs from the wizarding world of harry potter and a picture I drew and hes like wow now i feel like an a hole because i didnt give you a chocolate covered snack or wonderful drawings. Hes an awesome performer and maybe you guys would know that if you watched his previous stuff like
-Starkid (DUH) which is a VERY potter musical, a very potter sequel, starship with over 1 million views and a fanbase like no other
-Little White Lie
-Just chats with him on the internet like interviews because instead of
Regular celebrity: just be who you are
Darren: I don't care if your gay, straight, purple, orange, dinosaur I DONT CARE!
Regular: Thank you so much for this card
Darren: You light up my life like a mutha f'in lamp!! Give me a hug!
Regular: Just be yourself!
Darren: Theres nothing more badass than being yourself
-Youtube his old productions
-and 12% of his career glee.
he is a wonderful performer and an amazing singer and he's just a really nice guy to his fans
- Tonight is his opening in How to Succeed on Broadway. His three week run is pretty much a sell out.
- He's dreamy!
- That's okay, OP. He's straight, so he doesn't like you either.
- Thank you, R234. That line was so funny it made me spit out my morning coffee!
- Apparently the reviews have been kind to him so far. Yeay, I suppose. He must be more capable than I anticipated.
It still baffles me how this kid can go from a somewhat obscure theater show on the internet to having his name in lights on Broadway in just over a year.
- Comments from some who saw him yesterday (two shows on Wednesday) all mention his light voice...no Broadway belt.
Truly sorry, because I have tickets for his final weekend.
- Criss was on Live with Kelly (and Rob Lowe) today. He didn't have the curl styled out of his hair, so it was nice to see the fro again.
Not at all surprising - he got a standing/screaming ovation from 2 rows of overweight white girls. Typical Glee fans?
- Sadly typical of America, but yes most fangirls are always overweight white chicks.
And I have heard a lot of.comments about his voice being too thin.
- [quote]He's cute as fuck. Total marriage material, he'll make a girl or guy happy
Oh, totally. He's SO dreamy (sigh).
[quote]OP, on the other hand, seems unbalanced and obviously in need of a life if he feels the need to come here and spew such venom for someone he doesn't know and who is fairly innocuous in the scheme of things
But it's a DL tradition to develop raging, total-out-of-proportion hatred of someone who's of little importance in the grand scheme of things, but incredibly important to the loser who's fixated on him/her (see Jodie Foster, and, of course, Anderson Cooper for prominent examples of this).
[quote]It still baffles me how this kid can go from a somewhat obscure theater show on the internet to having his name in lights on Broadway in just over a year
I'm baffled as to why you're baffled. Even when I was a kid, the phrase 'overnight sensation' was common (and that was a LONG time ago).
Get cast for a bit part in a hot property, get noticed by appealing to a substantial segment of the audience, get cast in other things by producers hoping to attract some of your heat. Mix, repeat, over and over since the beginning of showbiz. There's no great mystery to it. Now it's up to him to channel this moment into a career. I wish him luck 'cause he's hot and doesn't seem to be an asshole (at the moment).
- no, but i think i hate u now
- i love darren criss.
- Criss story for "How to Succeed": Great box office in a limited run, not very good word of mouth on his performance.
To be fair, Robert Morse owns the role.
- I agree, I didn't have anything against him and his character on glee at first but I hate the special treatment that are giving him. He's in glee and he hasn't even been slushed. WTF is with that?
- Whoever his publicist is, they've really done their job. I'm not baffled as to why kids are drawn to him and Blaine, but I am baffled as to how he is already landing covers on magazines and solo spots on talk shows. He's got to be careful--a quick rise to the top usually means a quick downfall.
- I love him:) he rox and he is supermegafoxyawesomehot!! unlike you iim sure
- I really think that Darrin is one of the few on glee that will get work after glee. Cory Monteith is big untalented douche bag. Someone please tell Lea Michele she will never be Barbra Streisand. Chris Colfer is so over the top it's embarrassing.
- Darren Criss - Sexy Boy!! (Blaine) Glee
- Beautiful! Love him in the GQ vid
- Is the glee cast jealous of Darrin? I hear more about him than the rest of the cast. Darrin cleans up real good.
- OOPS! Darren
- O.M.G. HATING ON DARREN CRISS IS LIKE KILLING HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PUPPYS ON A UNICORN EATING RED VINES AND NUTTELA . . . WHATS NEXT? YOU TEAMED UP WITH S.O.P.A. OR SOMETHING?
- LOVE HIM!
- Darren was a broadway smash! 4 million in ticket sales.
- He was a financial success, but many people mentioned how thin his voice was. I don't think he is really suited to be on broadway, lacks the power and vibrato.
- :) Cute, Darren Criss says goodbye to his Broadway fans.
- I want to like him. He seems like a nice guy. But damn, I don't get the tongue bath his ass is getting from the press right now.
- He is likeable and charismatic. Not a huge talent by an stretch, but that was never necessary to be a star.
- He has VERY smart management.
Also, his dad worked for Chase Bank for years, and they have a very nice house in SF. That might make you hate him.
- f*** you, he is the hottest guy on earth. You are full of sh*t you monster!
- [quote]Also, his dad worked for Chase Bank for years, and they have a very nice house in SF. That might make you hate him.
He has talked about how he went to expensive private schools growing up similar to the one he was at on Glee.
His dad's wealth allowed both him and his brother Chuck Criss of Freelance Whales to pursue their artistic passions without having to support themselves. Amazingly it worked out well for both of them.
- [quote]:) Cute, Darren Criss says goodbye to his Broadway
OMG, he's so adorable, I want to cry!
- WHICH ONE OF YOU BITCHES STARTED THIS BLOG?
- What a BITCH for starting that blog.
- I don´t like him either, I don´t even find him good looking:)
- He's very intelligent. There's more to him that the typical pop star/singer, a kind of indefinable charisma that the public has picked up on - you can't define it, you either have it or you don't. His sweetness and genuine niceness are real - let's hope the mean cynical world doesn't destroy him. He's too nice - and intelligent - let's hope that he does end up a great professor of theater at some wonderful university.
- Why does that darrencrisssux blog refer to his fans as "stans"? What does that mean?
- OP drowns kittens when puppies are unavailable.
- "Why does that darrencrisssux blog refer to his fans as "stans"? What does that mean?"
Stans are obsessive fans. The term originates from the Eminem song "Stan."
- "let's hope the mean cynical world doesn't destroy him"
i.e, let's hope no one alerts him to DataLounge.
- I saw Darren Criss on Broadway and his voice was thin. However, he was able to carry the show out of sheer charisma. He connects well with the audience, dancing and stunts were great and the fangirls (and boys) were plenty. How to Succeed was a brilliant career move for him as a limited engagement, he generated much money and press from this and he worked non-stop while in NY outside of the show. It was a perfect storm for him.
As state above, he has a quality that goes beyond just talent. He has talent - maybe not the best singer, best dancer, best songwriter, best actor - but all of that together, the kid will go places. A friend of mine in the business says he is one of the hottest commodities right now and he's got smart people advising him and daddy's trust fund to catch him if he falls. The charisma is what all the buzz is about right now as stated here many times.
And he is just, dreamy.
- He's the next Cary Grant.
- Cary Grant wasn't a short Filipino with greasy hair. So, no.
- Cary Grant could never make it in todayze society. Darren Criss is the closest Gen Y has to class.
- Darren Criss is the only one on glee who will make it big. He could become a major broadway star if thats what he wants.
- Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner?
- I hate Darren so much that I would drink his piss!
- "Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner"
He's a busy little twink!
- I wish that little twink would get busy with me
- Get in line, 285.
- [quote]Darren Criss is the only one on glee who will make it big. He could become a major broadway star if thats what he wants.
I agree Darren Criss could easily be the most famous Glee alumni but I don't think Broadway is the right way for him to go. He is a quite talented studio singer, but he does not have the broadway type voice. He should go for movie roles that utilize his charisma.
[quote]Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner?
He has definitely gotten thinner. I get the pressure that comes in Hollywood but I honestly don't think it did him any favors.
- Only his bathroom scale knows for sure, obviously, but I don't know that he's thinner; he's just wearing tighter clothes. Last season you mostly saw him in the Warblers uniform and that wasn't exactly form-fitting.
- Broadway is soo gay. Bone killer!
- I wonder if Mark Salling is jealous of him and Cory since everyone originally though Mark would be the male star of the show.
- R290, Mark and Cory are lucky to even be on glee. They both will go nowhere after its done.
- Well here's a clip of him in How To Succeed.
He can't sing
- R291 I agree - Mark for sure will go nowhere after Glee is over. He released an album of terrible music back in 2010, and it charted at #189 for one week before it dropped out of the charts. He's not a good actor either, so it should be interesting to see what he does after it's all over.
- No one on Glee can sing except Amber Riley and Lea Michele, and they're both generic and unremarkable.
- i dont hate him i just hate how everyone keeps saying how hot he is.
- Some nice eye candy from the outtakes from the People Magazines Sexiest Man issue. I thinks he's quite yummy
- he sucks
- [quote] i just hate how everyone keeps saying how hot he is
I'm sorry to add to your pain, but...
Damn, he's sexy in those pics at R296. A body that is muscular enough, without looking excessive, and he let some of his chest hair grow back (I actually prefer smooth, but everyone doesn't have to be waxed and shaven), and that face....
Ironically, I only watched Glee in the first season, so I haven't really seen much of him, but what I do see? Works for me.
- No. It's just you.
Go watch his StarKid porductions, and then try to tell me he's a bad actor.
- How can you hate Darren Criss? u have Most likely never met him, so there's no chance he did something to make you hate him. You may dislike him, but that's misdirected as well. Ur either a bully or Poser if you feel that way. Darren helps people and sings for his living. Don't hate because your jealous. And don't post things on the Internet if it's negative whether or not he's a celebrity and it's now more "acceptable" in society.
- adorable twink!
- I know you're open to your own opinion and everything but seriously, WHAT THE FRAKING HELL?! He is seriously talented at acting, singing, songwriting, and dancing. He is VERY musical, playing the guitar, piano, violin, cello, mandolin, harmonica, drums, and didgeridoo for crying out loud. His work with Starkid Company is amazing as well as his more famous work on Glee and Broadway. Not only is he incredibly talented (not to mention supermegafoxyawesomehot) but he is most definitely NOT cocky - he is one of the most modest, down to earth, and downright ADORABLE people I have ever seen. He inspires people every day of his life, just look at some of the fan pages on facebook and twitter, and should be congratulated for his success. SO stop hating on him when you're probably just jealous anyway.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'M IN A RAGE!
- YES! I hate Chris Colfer too - he is butt ugly.
- He's no Isabel Sanford
- I love the way Darren's fans ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe he isn't anything but perfect, when in reality he is mediocre. He has a pleasant pop tune voice, he's short, he constantly makes derp faces, he can't act drama, and his 3 week Broadway was stunt casting funded by his crazy girl fans.
- I love him! My ideal boyfriend.
- At least Darren Criss himself is good about being honest and humble about his talents and his limitations. Crazy fangurls are crazy fangurls and god knows Criss has a lot of them but you can't hold that against him.
The gig he did hosting the broadway.com awards was good for him, he was a natural and likable host. Honestly he works better as a "persona" than a real actor.
- Darren is singing for Obama LGBT fundraiser this evening.
- Saw him in HOW TO SUCKSEED. He was meh. And dickless. No bulge
- I don't get the appeal. There are thousands of boys in L.A. alone who are better looking and have equal (or better) talent.
- R310, he looks way better than you, you stupid, fucking faggot. That's for damn sure.
Darren (along with Lea and Chris) is one of the major breakout stars from Glee. His rise to fame has only begun. He killed it in HTC and will continue to get gigs afterwards, while you faggots remain broke and mad. Deal with it.
- Your drippy cunt is vile, R311 and stinks as badly as your opinion.
F&F for your use of the word faggot.
- Girls, girls...neither of you are pretty.
- R311 is what I believe 50% of "Oh I love my gays" faghags actually feel about gay people when they get mad...
- Much love for Darren to step in and sing @ LGBT fundraiser. He may not be the strongest dramatic actor, more a theatrical comedic persona/singer performer. He's still part of triple threat young HW. I think he'll go farther than most of his co-stars (referring to his male costars esp the famewhore mediocre armcandy "lead" who is a serious closet case)
- He definitely has a great team around him/a lot of power people who like him to have scored that gig R315. Getting to headline a Presidential fundraiser is big.
Things like that make it clear he will go far. The kermit gig, the kristen wiig movie, the broadway stint, hosting the audience awards and now headlinging for the President.
He is doing an amazing job of cementing a strong profile and capitalizing on his Glee fame.
- He's also willing to work his ass off
- Absolutely respect Darren's hard work and determination. No hate here. Complete agreement with R315,316,317.
- OMG how can you hate him??? I LOVE him to pieces! He's my future husband how dare you!
- His SF appearance at a the recent American Conservatory Theatre fundraiser gala basically paid for an entire year of student theatre classes and scholarships.
So just STFU, haters.
- He is so annoying. And ugly! What does my mates see in him? :/
- WTF!!!!!??? You can't just hate someone you don't even fucking KNOW!!!! I think your a selfish dick head who knows nothing about anything! You don't know the fucking good things Darren has done for this world! So you think he's just a guy? He's a talented fucking guy who stands up for the rights of love! He taught me and many others to express themselves and be who they are, and you start posting things saying he isn't good enough? That is fucking mean, and selfish of you! Everyone in this world is good enough and who are you to tell people there not? He didn't get famous for doing nothing so instead of sitting on your damn computer complaining about people who have done nothing wrong, try working your butt off for your fans who you love, oh wait thats right you dont have any fans! Because you didn't work as hard as you could and now all you'll ever be is a mean, selfish JERK!
- He is ugly indeed
- R322 This is a kind of crazy you can't buy at the mall. To be honest, I think I'm in love. Come on, baby! Yell at me about Glee all night long!
- would love to suck his hairy arse
- How can you hate someone you've never met personally? He isn't ugly, his character is more likeable than any of the others on glee even if he can come off as a Gary stu, and he is one of the most talented singers In the glee cast. he just isn't a very good actor.
- That cocky chipmunk thing is Swedish.
- Stellar performance from Darren Criss tonight. Nothing but love.
- Criss Bump
- Nope, still loving Darren.
- For all of you saying "how can you hate comeone you don't even know?", what do you say about all those good christian people who hate gays?
And let's not talk about punctuation.
- Darren Criss is flawless in every way and anyone who hates him doesn't have a heart.
- He's a creepy thang, I agree op.
- Blaine Annoying as hell! Glee is now the Blaine show.
Darren Criss however seems from what i've heard like a lovely guy. Can't really say anything bad about him, i don't know him, and don't follow him outide of glee.
- He's starting to look like a bit of a parody of himself on Glee now. They're going to have to change his look eventually. Actually preferring Chord Overstreet, who can actually put over a joke and have it remain funny.
- R335 is right. They really need to develop him a little more. His character, while gorgeous, is not much more than one note
- Sat behind him at A Christmas Story last night with my niece who was ready to pee in her pants with excitement.
He was with his parents and shook hands and posed for pictures with all. Couldn't have been nicer.
He's not THAT short. Maybe 5'7'".
BTW- Christmas Story is great. A charming, old fashioned musical. Felt like a holiday follow up by Adler/Ross and team. Pleasant surprise.
- R337 was this in San Francisco?
- I met Darren a few weeks ago. I am 5'6" and he
was at least a few inches taller than me. I would say he is 5'8". He is one of the most sweet and adorable people that I have ever spoken with. Not to mention is is so cute!
- Yes, he's a crap actor and singer and he always seems to look like he's constipated.
- My friend who was an extra on the Glee set says that Darren in super nice and patient with the crew. He actually makes an effort to talk to the extras and various crew members. He has no ego or sense of entitlement whatsoever.
- I liked the first Darren Criss better than the second one.
- One of many cute pics from a Darren Facebook fan group, taken a few days ago, and proving a previous poster's mention of his appearance at "A Christmas Carol."
He was in the show years ago, and performed with ACT's student conservatory.
How could you not like him? He's adorable! Puppies! Kittens! Kiddies!
- Darren Criss is probably the sweetest, most considerate, talented, and most beautiful people on the planet. I honestly don't understand how people can have something against him. I don't care what you think of his acting ability, or his singing ability, even though i think that he's an incredible performer, but to decide that he annoys you? He's done nothing wrong, i think that you need to take a look at yourself, because he's a far better person than you are. He would never personally put someone down like some of you have.
- Criss is obviously straight, Straight, STRAIGHT!!!!
Ho Ho Ho.
- R345 Who cares if he's straight, he is luscious !
- OUT magazine did some sexier shirtless shots of him, and didn't make him wax away all his hair. Still the Santa thing is cute.
Also I don't doubt that Darren Criss is at least primarily straight, though he is probably a little bi.
- He annoys the hell out of me. He's the Kristen Stewart of Glee: terrible actor, no charisma but has an army of fangirls with absolutely no clue of what they're talking about and think he's the shit. His voice is poor, his acting is god-awful, he's an average dancer and (I like women and can't really comment much on his attractiveness) he's very average-looking; out of the guys, I certainly wouldn't put him in the top 5.
- Posters who sign fake first names to posts = OBVIOUS trolls. This one resurrected a long-dead thread, then posted under *two* names in talks-to-self fashion in order to argue with itself. F&F, please.
- I actually believe the opposite of R348, and I wouldn't call myself a fanboi/gurl, either. I think he has a lot of charisma, and I think he's good at displaying emotion as an actor. Plus, I think he'd make the perfect pocket gay.
- His best quality (as stated numerous times on DL) is his charisma. That is what has propelled his rising star. Agree with you R350
- I still don't see the resemblance between the guy on that Christmas calendar pic and Darren Criss.
- needs his hole plowed
- He's dating Mia Swier. And alledgely there is a reason his lips are sealed on their relationship, if this is true...
- That would be cool if true, but also kinda weird that for someone who is supposed to be such a LBGT fighter (and Mia is as well for that matter), they would be so hush about Mia being transgender? Though I guess it would be understandable.
Any proof? Seems like the kinda thing that would be relatively easy to track down and see if she used to be a guy.
- Not much info about her on the Web.
- He's not dating Mia Swier.
He's dating an African American young woman; very slim and cute. I met them both at an American Conservatory Theatre show in San Francisco last year which starred Bill Irwin (his collaborator at a very fun A.C.T fundraiser at the Regency). They attended with his parents.
- Honestly I absolutely love Darren Criss he is a good actor, dancer and mostly best at singing. But there is no need to post your hate for him on a website! If you actually knew him you might think different, I don't know him personally and when I see him my likeliness in him might change. In every video on YouTube I watch of him in interviews he comes a down to earth man, who doesn't take himself to serious, he makes a few jokes and is friendly. I really can't find one thing wrong with him. I think you hate Blaine Anderson a character not Darren, I agree Blaine isn't my favorite character in glee, but without him it wouldn't be the same!
- K ur crazy darren criss is so hot and the best singer/dancer/actor i've ever seen!!
- I'm sure he's nice and everything but the guy is a shit actor and a mediocre singer (no vibrato? get out with that bs). I look forward to his eventual fade into obscurity when he finally goes completely bald. No gel will hide that sucker of a bald spot he's forming.
- Anyone who says he doesn't have charisma is a total jackass. You can't clap eyes on anyone elese anytime he's in a scene.
- [R361], you're a couple of years late with your crowing about his charisma. That doesn't make up for his complete lack of talent and is definitely overstated.
- “What the hell is going on with Darren Criss? We were super excited to see his performance in How to Succeed, until he started being crazy. Our sources tell us that he announced an impromptu performance at the stage door last week… with his theater troupe. His theater troupe that has nothing to do with the show that he’s in. The unrelated shenanigans reportedly created such pandemonium the police had to shut the stage door down, something they didn’t even have to do for his much more famous predecessor. Between that, his mile-long Playbill bio, and his opening-night awe at being able to make his Broadway debut so young (ahem, Nick Jonas was 7; Lea Michele was 8), we’re smelling a full-tilt ego trip over there at the Hirschfeld and it’s making us sad. Come back, Dan Radcliffe, and please bring all of your quiet class and work ethic with you…”
- Did he kill your father or a thing like that ? Because say to everyone that you hate someone is a big deal, and it's unfair, you surely don't know him ! You can hate Blaine Anderson, but Darren Criss, it's another stuff !
- He looks like Eric Stoltz in Mask.
- I think he is perfect! He is gorgeous, sexy, sweet, adorble, an amazing singer, with an etremely verstile voice, a fantastic dancer, a brilliant song writer, and outstanding performer, and I have to disagree with people who have said he is a bad actor. If they had seen him in anything besides Glee, they would realize that it's the way Blaine is written and not the actor playing him that makes his character unbelievable!
- All I've heard about him is that he's a sweetheart, unlike the douchebags Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling. It's unfortunate that he's so ugly, though. He's even uglier than Chris Colfer!
- I've heard from people who worked with him in NY that his ego runs unchecked and he has next to no work ethic. He actually told my friend that he was going to "save" the show he was brought in as a replacement for, and then put in next to no work during the short rehearsal period he had. When he finally went on, he flubbed lines and missed cues left and right. The cast couldn't wait until his short run was done.
If Ryan Murphy didn't have a thing for swarthy, zaftig, mongoloids poured into ill-fitting clothes from the Baby GAP (see also: Justin Bartha), we wouldn't even be talking about this kid, because he doesn't have what it takes to succeed in this business when he's not lying on his back.
- Even in his college productions he often didn't know his lines and missed rehearsals.
I will say to the kid's credit that Ryan Murphy gave him a chance to build a fan base, Darren Criss did so on his own, as every actor has to do. He clearly has something there, or he wouldn't have enjoyed the success he has so far.
- Well, that makes me sad to hear, R368. He does give off the arrogant vibe though, and a lot of times his "nice boy" persona just seems like an act.
- Darren is not hot, he has bushy eyebrows, bushy and ugly hair, a nose way too big for his face (sorta like Robert Pattinson), and no decernible cheekbone structure. Add to that him being way too short and you have one ugly MOFO. I seriously do not understand why he's so popular. Why do the fangirls like him so much? He doesn't seem particularly bright or nice either. He seems kinda cocky imo.
- I hate everyone from "Glee" by association. Even the extras.
- Darren Criss and Lea Salonga - A Whole New World
- Darren Criss Introduces Lea Salonga at Marie's Crisis NYC. She sings "On My Own".
- GLEE’s Darren Criss and Lea Salonga Sing ‘A Whole New World’ At NYC’s Marie’s Crisis Gay Piano Bar
Now, how can anyone hate this cutie? :)