- Is the right answer, "they''re inbred"?
- The 18th century prison look
- Hugh Jackman doesn''t look like what you''re describing. Are you sure you don''t mean Kiwis?
- Actually R2 is right. There was a movement back then that purported to predict how dangerous a criminal was and a low forehead ridge in a addition to what you describe is a look that was totally discriminated against.
Plus its a fucking island and the white people are too racist to breed w/ others
- Hugh Jackman - born in Sydney of English parentage.
Not Australian by genetics or heritage
- Hugh Jackman''s eyes are further apart, but he does have the large nose and thin lips. \
I''m talking about Ozzies not Kiwis.
- Funniest thing is Mel Gibson has that look but he''s an Irish-American who moved to Sydney later!
- Wasn''t Jackman described here as having a face like a plate full of worms?
- Tristan Rogers (soap star from "GH" and "Y&R") OWNS this thread.
- OP, Hugh Jackman IS NOT OF AUSTRALIAN HERITAGE.
- Post pictures or videos of what you are talking about, OP.
- Actually, ignorant assholes at r4 and r2 - several of Australia''s states were settled as free settlements, and much of Australia''s population comes from people who immigrated here freely.
- Here''s your typical Aussie - Peter Allen
Could be Crocodile Dundee''s gay twin
- R12 is correct. The idea that Australia is mostly made up of the descendants of a bunch of criminals is grossly exaggerated.
Not an Australian
- I call it "con-face". It was very apparent when I traveled there.
- My apologies r12, I stand corrected (and of course was kidding and generalizing anyway). Again, I''m sorry.
- Retard R4, it''s one of the biggest islands in the world.
- Example 1: Daniel Goddard
- Example 2: Simon Baker
- Another idiot at r10. All Australians are of international heritage. By your argument no one in Australia is of Australian heritage except our Indigenous Australians as all of us except the Indigenous people orginially immigrated from somewhere else. I myself am of English, Irish and Romanian heritage. Those descended from the convicts are of English, Irish, Scottish, etc heritage.
- Example 3: Matthew Mitcham
- Yeah, total Ozface @ R13.
- Apology accepted, r2/r16.
- What I meant by English heritage for Jackman is that his parents (not his ascendency) are actually British. He''s first gen. I apologized the first time for my 18th century criminal thing but someone ''s a bit touchy here. Loosen them panties.%0D\
Also, OP, are you reading other people''s posts? There have been pictures provided etc. What''s with example number 1 (more like 3), etc?
- Hugh Jackman has total Ozface, it''s just hard to see it because he has such dark hair.
- Oh dear:
- It''s what happens when Scottish and English immigrants mix only with other people from the British Isles.\
Although tennis player Mark Philippoussis sort of has that look as well, even though he''s the son of Greek immigrants.
- R24, examples from others started coming as I was trying to comply with requests to explain what I''m talking about. Sorry about that!
- Some of them do not have chins.
- The men referenced look fine to me. Also, there is nothing wrong with the people of England and Scotland.
- r24, and what I''m saying is that a lot people here are first generation or second generation or have at least one parent/grandparent who immigrated here. That doesn''t make them any more or less Australian as we are all from somewhere else originally anyway. We''re like the US. We get so many influences from different countries that I wouldn''t say that there is one ''Australian heritage''. %0D\
Anyway, you get back to looking at the pictures and I''ll loosen my panties.
- DL fave Julian Assange doesn''t have it.
- I can tell a Brit a mile away. They have a certain jawline. Why? I have no idea.
- Do you ninnies even know what inbreeding is? Reproducing among a pool 20 million isn''t. \
Are there even any genetic issues particular to Australians, such as Tay-Sachs with jews or sickle-cell for blacks? Don''t think so.
- I just noticed that Julian Assange bears a striking resemblance to Carey Mulligan. Check it out if you don''t believe me.
- Then what you''re saying r31 is that this whole thread is out of order, since there''s no such thing as an "Australian look" other than the indigenous.
- Brits in Amsterdam - you can spot them a mile off. So many of them are stocky, with thick, red necks. Much shorter than the locals too, of course.
- Does DL favorite Rupert Murdoch have it?
- Does Rod Taylor have it?
- You have too much time on your hands, OP.
- Patrick Rafter doesn''t have OZface
- r36 - I suppose there isn''t a particular Australian look. First - ask yourself about the heritage of the men whose pictures you are posting. Some of them might be second gen English or something similar. I have friends who are second gen Italian and look completely different. Does that mean they''re less Australian? And if not, then how can there be one Australian look? I am second gen English, Irish, and Romanian and look nothing like you''re describing. Then again, I notice that a lot of Australian men who are from a British background have a similar look. Think Sam Worthington, who I believe may have been born in England. %0D\
But I have no objections to this thread. I just have objections to the ignorant declarations about Aussies being racist and stupid and in-bred that I see being posted in so many threads by people who have never actually been to Australia.
- 40 posts and no one has mentioned Aboriginal cross-breeding?
- LOL, R15
- The sexiest Aussie tennis player ever was Pat Cash. But he hasn''t aged well at all, and now looks like a chav.
- I wouldn''t recommend it, R43.
- Look what happened to Jason Donovan:
- Boomerang face.
- I love this look and the men pictured as examples are all smokin'' hot.
- What Aussie men are popular with the gays in Oz?
- Sam Worthington is easily one of the most beautiful men in the world. Does he have this distinct look?
- Well, so far all the men whose pictures have been posted here as evidence of a so-called "stereotypical Aussi look" are incredibly fine looking men. If that is what is considered "con face" then please dear God, let those criminals at me NOW!!
- We need Momma and her mussy to add her two cents.
- Momma, is that you?
- I saw him in a parking lot once. Short.
- Ewww! Kill it with fire!
- Yuck R56, major tard face.
- It''s not hard to find a handsome Australian man, but it''s hard to find a PRETTY one.
words of wisdom
- R56, Ben Lee isn''t your typical Australian:
- Didn''t know Lee was married to Ione Skye.
- I think the Anti Aussie troll had a very bad time at Mardi Gras a few years ago. Poor petal.
- Ben Lee has suffered enough; he dated Clare Danes.
- Of course English convicts interbreeding over a century will yield a distinctive look. \
A hot look, in my opinion.
- It''s a wide pool, R65. They aren''t a group of one thousand people.
- Lleyton Hewitt, tennis player & "Ozface" as defined by OP:
- Heath Ledger & Steve Irwin both make for compelling evidence. Lleyton Hewitt doesn''t have a big nose.
- Ian Thorpe - big nose, thin upper lips but hammer shark eyes
- Thorpe looks Greek or Turkish in that pic.
- Boy if we could bag this shit, we''d have a fertilizer company. Australian men, particularly in their youthful years, as with all other nationalities, are found disproportionately handsome by drooling OLD queens. Now if there''s a story in that, I''ve yet to find it. \
After all, what else might we drooling OLD queens be doing with our time.
I wear flim-flams when I drool
- Sam Worthington was born in Surrey, England to English parents who moved to Australia when he was a baby.
- You see the same look in places in America like Georgia which was also a prison colony. It''s just what happened, you don''t have to be ashamed.
- Yes, R73, because no one has ever been allowed to leave or enter Georgia in the last 200 years. It''s populated exclusively by the decendents of colonial prisoners.
- A large number of convicts were transported to the American colonies before the Revolution; Australia exists because of that Revolution. Americans are, if this thread is any indication, ignorant, bigoted trash.
- R74, if I''d said "Everyone in Georgia looks like this" you could be a little cunt. Sorry if your great, great, great, great, grandfather was a rapist of livestock.
- "Yes, [R73], because no one has ever been allowed to leave or enter Georgia in the last 200 years."%0D\
That would explain so much.%0D
- [italic]What Aussie men are popular with the gays in Oz?[/italic]\
- AND!!!! they all feel comfortable going barefoot. %0D
Your Friendly Neighbourhood FootFetishFreak
- Tilda Swinton''s mother is Australian(and her father is Scottish). Are there any pictures of her parents or siblings online?
- Prognathism. %0D\
A nose that nearly touches the lips.%0D\
- You can spot them a mile away in the street in Europe. They all have rough sandpaper skin from sundamage, so their faces don''t reflect light.
- I love Ozface!!
The new catch phrase, not necessarily the faces of Aussies...
- I've noticed that Russian men have a distinct look too. Seems that I can identify a Russian by sight right away. Is it the eyes, the chin, the high cheekbones?
- Hey, it's not often we get a thread (even with the whole convict/inbred angle) so thanks!
- Australians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free.
- Calvin Klein undie model Travis Fimmel is the best looking guy Oz ever produced
- He's starring in The Vikings now. He was urban Tarzan years ago.
- They are mainly squinty, blue-eyed Ichabods with skin cancer.
Their sheilas are living proof that Ichabods fuck euros.
- "Fimmel" is Germanic in origin.
- Do any of them have yellow skin?
- Actually, I think Australian do have a distinct look. They have a rather generic manly outdoorsy kind of look - not nerdy or haunted. They are thin lipped, but not ethnic in any sense. Not a bad look at all.
- Well a lot of white Australians are of British(english, irish, scottish, and welsh)descent. I imagine they look like those people. I think there is more ethnic origin ancestry among white Americans and white Canadians.
- That's probably quite true.A good point.
- Anthony and Jonathan LaPaglia. Can't believe those two haven't come up in this thread. Handsome, but both fit OP's def to a T.
- 59 hit it on the head
- They are all drunk most of the time!
- Some footy player called an aboriginal player an ape recently. Racism runs deep in white aussie men.
- Vegemite face.
- One of the prettiest men I know was born in Australia, although to American parents.
- Sun damage.
- Even after 200 years, probably half the white Australian population is descended from as few as several thousand immigrants, nearly all British.
- OP- Nationality can't be conflated with race or ethnicity.
- You'd be wrong, R104. Australia has had many waves of immigration over the last 200 years; well over 6 million people have emigrated since 1788, forced or otherwise.
- In Europe you can spot them a block away. It's their sandpaper skin. Especially in winter when pale poreless European faces bounce the low light, but their rough sundamaged skin doesn't. They don't look remotely attractive.
- The guy dating Liz Hurley has oz face.
- [quote]Some footy player called an aboriginal player an ape recently. Racism runs deep in white aussie men.
You're a moron. The racist taunt came from a 15 year old girl, not a "white aussie man". She apologised afterwards. Don't bother bringing up this stuff if you can't get it right.
Yes, we have some racists here. Tell me a country that doesn't.
- [quote]The guy dating Liz Hurley has oz face.
That's Shane Warne who has had plastic surgery and a hair transplant. So are we saying that all aussie men have had plastic surgery and that is responsible for the distinctive aussie look?
Here is a pretty Australian man. (I know ... you guys will say he will look like Rupert Murdoch within a couple of years due to a combination of inbreeding, alcoholism, the sun and his convict ancestry).
- Omg shane warne has SERIOUS oz face. Well now it is more "gay oz face" but his old face??
- R27 Mark Philippoussis is half Italian and half Greek.
Pat Cash is a good looking Aussie. Yeah he's got convict face BUT he's do good looking who fucking cares!He is also something like 48 and is a grandpa. He's one hot fucking grandpa!
- I can pick out the Aussie and the Brit out of a lineup with no problem.
- But how did the Aboriginals get there in the first place too? They just sprouted? They migrated too. Sorry, just being an ass and pointing out technicalities. I'm also watching ancient aliens which had them in it, so I'm interested to see if I'll get crazy responses about how they got there.
- Australians aren't a race, there's not likely any uniformity in their appearance since Australia, like all the former colonies, have a population descended from many ethnic groups.
Your entire post is ill-formed andss ill-informed. Perhaps you can still sue the midwife that dropped you on you haid when you's was borned?
And R4, please die in Tori Spelling's hibachi grease fire, you rat-faced, bat-eared cretin.
- [quote]I can pick out the Aussie and the Brit out of a lineup with no problem.
Many current Aussies WERE former Brits, arrived in the Lucky Country as bubs or littlies. Quintessential Aussie actors Guy Pearce, Naomi Watts, Colin Friels and Sam Worthington are Brit ship-ins.
I find it tough to tell 'em apart and I'm Aussie.
- [quote]Prognathism. A nose that nearly touches the lips. Big chin.
- Not too much knowledge of human genetics here tonight. While the convict ancestry is not as visible as many people think, it is a part of the Australian "look." The thing to keep in mind is that in any culture, the number of all-the-way-down lines of ancestry are remarkably limited. If you could trace every single Australian back to his roots, we'd be surprised how few people are at the start, say, 8 generations back.
There's a similar look in some Appalachian Americans, who are mostly of British Islands ancestry. I think the "look" may be intensified from inbreeding. 200 + years ago, both Australia and the American colonies had small populations in certain areas and inbreeding was quite common.
- You'd be wrong R106. Of those 6 million, most have immigrated recently, so the bulk of the population is descended from a few thousand early settlers.
- The exception would be the Melbourne gold rush of the 1850s, which drew half a million.