- Hottest fuck ever.
- I didn''t know for years that she''d had Clark Gable''s baby. That was a well-kept secret from the public.
- See for yourself, r2
- Now THIS is fabulous:\
[quote]In 1972, a jury in Los Angeles awarded Young $550,000 in her breach of contract suit against NBC. Filed in 1966, the suit contended that NBC had allowed foreign television outlets to rerun old episodes of The Loretta Young Show without excluding, as agreed by the parties, the opening segment where Young would make her entrance. [bold]Young testified that her image had been damaged by portraying her in "outdated gowns,"[/bold] and a jury agreed to less than the $1.9 million sought.
- Twirl, gurl!
Too bad it is silent
- Catholic cunt.
- I''m just old enough to remember her TV show. I was really just a little kid when it ran and never actually watched it but can recall my mother''s fascination with that grand entrance Loretta would make each week and what she''d be wearing. I think Loretta just introduced most of the episodes which were self-contained little dramas, though occasionally she starred in them herself. %0D\
She was the rare old Hollywood glamour star who willfully and successfully made the transition into TV, thereby foregoing the gothic horror movie route of Crawford and Davis. She really was as popular a TV star as Lucy in the 1950s and as she was the producer of her own show (like Lucy), became a millionairess all over again. %0D\
Then in the mid 60s Loretta came out with a new show which I think was more of a comedy about a beautiful widow with an inordinate number of kids and the two eldest were played by twins Dirk and Dack Rambo. Now that I watched! Though it didn''t last very long.
- Old school bitch.
Joan and Constance Bennett
- Pretty Woman.
So she had the fame of a....???
Tell me more, please
- Did she use a colostomy bag?
- R11, why you say that nasty kitten?
Guys, tell me which were in your opinion Loretta Young's best movies?
In the photo below there is Loretta Young with John Wayne and new wife Josephine
- Loretta Young and her sisters
Beautiful all of them.
- With Marlon Brando
Did Brando tried to sleep with her? Anybody knows?
- Ava Gardner, Diana Lynn & Loretta Young
- Post for Loretta bitches!
- I used to watch reruns of her show on channel 9 after school.
- Oh yeah, and how come nobody has mentioned how Loretta used to preach Catholicism to everyone?
- Have you read any biographies about Loretta?
Gimme some juices!
'45 Movie Star David Niven Embraces Loretta Young Sexy Kiss Scene Original Photo
- Vintage Photo William Demarest, Loretta Young Candid
- 1969 Candid Loretta Young with Ingrid Bergman
- In 'The Perfect Marriage' with Virginia Field and David Niven
- Loretta Young Scene-'Mother is a Freshman'(1949)
- Post for her! I'll be back...
- For decades Loretta was a major donor to Blessed Sacrament on Sunset near North Cherokee.
- Oh, how nice R26 :)
I read this funny thing about her a while ago. Loretta was a strict Catholic, but this didn't stop her from having affairs with married costars. It's been said that before going out on a night with married men, Loretta would stop by the cathedral to confess and get absolution. If a priest failed to absolve her, she went down the block until the next priest did!
- "Every time she 'sins,' she builds a church. That's why there are so many Catholic churches in Hollywood." - Marlene Dietrich
- Joan thought the Cathlolic thing was dumb too:
[quote]Joan often joked about Young's devotion to Catholicism: At a party once, a guest was about to sit down and Joan grabbed him, saying "Can't sit there. Loretta Young just got up, and it has the mark of the cross on the seat."
- Loretta is absolutely wonderful in THE BISHOP'S WIFE.
Her biggest role of course was for THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER, but it does not seem to be shown too often and was only released on vhs, not dvd or blu-ray.
Her early films, especially the pre-code films, are marvelous. ZOO IN BUDAPEST and EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE are very much worth seeking out to watch.
- [quote]Oh yeah, and how come nobody has mentioned how Loretta used to preach Catholicism to everyone?
We knew you wanted to be the one to mention this amazing news.
- Lol, guys, how interesting! Marlene and Joan were so caustic!
R30, thanks for answering my question about Loretta Young's best movies, you are a sugar.
Oh, by the way guys, really she was preaching about religion, or she was just paying visits to churches and that made some other Hollywood ladies to mock her?
- She, Rosalind Russell and Irene Dunne all attended "Our Lady of Cadillacs", R32.
- Lol R33. Ok...
Why Loretta was a man-eater? Did she sleep with many men because she wanted to advance her career, or because she simply, well...wanted sex?
I have also some other theory about her. Well, i know that many of you would get upset with what i'll write but, Loretta Young reminds me of a closeted lesbian i know. They are very similar on the outside at least. What if Loretta was a closeted lesbian and tried to repress her lesbianism by sleeping with many men, hoping that she will get rid of her inclinations? If you combine that with the fact that she was churchy, well it fits somehow.
- *will get
- Here's ten dollars, Loretta. Go fuck yourself.
- Lol R36
- R33, here is a photo of Loretta with Rosalind Russell(you probably have seen it, but maybe other folks haven't or...whatever) and in the caption it is written:
Irene Dunne and Loretta Young (pictured here in 1976) were very much gal-pals. The attended charity events and Academy Award dinners together very often and they were both very devout Roman Catholics who also went to the same Catholic church somewhere in Beverly Hills, CA and would sit next to one another along with Loretta's three sisters if they were able to attend. In fact because they came to Mass together reguarly the became known as "Our Lady of the Cadillacs".
- With Lana Turner and Irene Dunne (1950)
- Young and Clark Gable had a brief affair while filming 'Call of the Wild' on location in 1935. Judy was conceived on the train back to Hollywood. Gable, married to much-older Texas socialite Ria Langham, was notorious for bedding his leading ladies. Young was a once-divorced, yet naive 22 year old, and a devout Catholic. To be an unmarried mother in 1930s Hollywood would have been a massive scandal and the end of her career, yet as a Catholic she could not reconcile herself with the idea of an abortion.
- Judy believed her mother didn't inform Gable that she was carrying his child. She finished her commitments on Cecil B. DeMille's 'The Crusades', then when she began to show "disappeared" from Hollywood for several months, travelling to England and returning to LA just before the baby was born in November 1935. Newspapers reported costly delays on films 20th Century Fox had lined up for the popular star, then earning around $200,000 a year, and Loretta blamed an "illness" she had suffered since childhood. When she was born, baby Judy was immediately placed into an orphanage away from public scrutiny. Loretta returned to Hollywood to finish work on Ramona and begin filming 'Ladies in Love' with Constance Bennett.
- Two years later, Young's mother drove out to the orphanage, picked up Judy, and Loretta announced to columnist Louella Parsons that she had "adopted" a child. In 1940 she married producer Tom Lewis, and had two other sons. Gable married film star Carole Lombard after Ria Langham divorced him, and they were married until Lombard's death in a plane crash in 1942.
Gable and Young saw each other only socially in the years that followed. In 1950 they made another film together, Key to the City. It's believed Loretta may have told Clark about their daughter during this time, as he turned up unannounced to her house one Sunday to meet Judy, who was now 15. They exchanged small talk, he kissed her on the forehead, then left.
- Judy could not have looked more like both her mother and her father. She had inherited Gable's large ears, and remembered as a baby Young continually pulling a bonnet over her ears whenever they would go out in public. At age 7 she underwent an operation to have them pinned back. But people still talked.
Judy was in her 20s and engaged to be married when her future husband Joseph Tinney told her that her famous parentage was the talk of Hollywood and Gable was her real father. Several years later, she confronted her mother, who excused herself, vomited, and returned admitting the story was true. By this time it was too late for a relationship with her father, as Clark Gable had died five years earlier.
Judy wrote a book in 1994 on the story, entitled Uncommon Knowledge. Young refused to speak to her for three years for breaking her silence, but they reconciled before her death from ovarian cancer in 2000. In her official biography, published posthumously, Young confirmed that the story was true.
- You love her?
- Post more!
- Years ago, of course, a friend of mine was driving and a huge Cadillac came speeding out of a driveway - hitting the brick post on one side and crumpling the fender.
My friend stopped his car and went back to see if anyone was hurt. Turns out it was Loretta driving out of her own driveway.....the posts had obviously been hit before. Loretta looked at him, and then looked at her car, and said: "Hmmm.....I never could drive."
- Lol R46, nice story.
I read this in Wiki:A scandal erupted in 1973, when Loretta Young's son, Christopher Lewis (then 29), was charged with child molestation, and filming and distributing child pornography, along with 13 other men whom the police labeled a "chicken flick ring". Lewis and the other men were indicted for soliciting boys ranging from age 6 to 17 to perform lewd acts in their movies. Despite pleading no contest to child molestation charges and potentially facing a significant term of imprisonment, Lewis was sentenced to probation and a $500 fine.
It seems terrible...i wonder how Loretta took it. Anyone knows anything about that?
- R13 was that for a production of LITTLE WOMEN?
- Beach Blanket Loretta!
- Wow, R49, look at them nips!
- According to Hollywood Babylon, her son made a movie called "Genesis Children" and that it was an "inchworm fest".
- A chilly day on the beach for sure!
Aside from her prim--and-proper politics, I love her. She's one of Hollywoods greatest beauties - she had fabulous bone structure that Hurrell went crazy for.
In the '30s, Ty and Loretta were THE most beautiful screen couple.
- R52, a beautiful woman ok. However, she was a hypocrite. We all are a bit hypocrites, but she OVERDID IT! What i mean?
Young was concerned that being seen in outdated fashions, hairstyles, and makeup would ruin her reputation. In 1972, after five years of litigation, she was awarded $559,000 from NBC. In 1970 Young had successfully defended her reputation by suing to have clips that that used her face and dialogue as double entendre removed from the motion picture Myra Breckinridge. How a really devout catholic woman cares about stuff like that, it really escapes me!
Now about the swear box...She used to have a swear box on set - anyone caught cussing had to put money in the box, the proceeds going to charity. Well,a bit too much from a woman who is so self-centered and vain?( Now i understand what you meant R36. I read about that incident and i laughed my ass off! High five for Ethel in that case, lol)
When her daughter Judy Davis spoke to her mother about her feelings and about her book, what devout Loretta did? She didn't speak to her daughter for 12 years! Wow! Only when Loretta lost two of her sisters and her husband she decided that she want to give another chance to her relationship with her daughter. How convenient! That was the moment that her God spoke to her heart about forgiveness? And excuse me but to forgive what? Judy had the right to feel the way she felt about the way her mother kept her in the dark about her true identity all these years! Prissy Loretta was the one who should blow her top in that case?
I'll write more about Loretta, because i find her case interesting and i'm looking forward for you replies. The fact that she was a huge hypocrite can't delete the fact that she was easy on the eye and that she offered money for good purposes (I hope she didn't give them only for the building of new churches!)
- I also read this:
Rock Hudson and his friend Tom Clark used to attend a Catholic Church in
Beverly Hills where Loretta Young attended mass on a regular basis.
They noted that Loretta would sit at a certain spot in church where the sun would shine through a window and
smother Loretta alone in it's rays and Loretta would raise her face up as if God alone was directing the sun only on her! Rock and Tom Clark fall into hysterics with this scene.
- Judy Lewis her daughter says in an interview:
' I had a friend in high school, Mary Frances Griffin, whose mother was Irene Dunn, and she was adopted, and so she said to me one day, she said, how come you look like your mother. She said, I'm adopted and I don't look like my mother. So I went home said to my mother, how come I look like you, mom, if I'm adopted. And she said without a breath, well, you have my mannerisms, and we live in the same house together. Mom had all the answers all the time. She diverted me, always.'
- Judy Lewis(Loretta's daughter) wrote:
Almost from the beginning, there were problems in my marriage, although Joe and I both rejoiced in the birth of our daughter, Maria, on November 16, 1959. During this time, my mother's marriage had also disintegrated--into a bitter ongoing legal war over money. On November 6, 1960, my 25th birthday, Joe called me. "I just heard that Clark Gable had a heart attack," he said. My father may die, I thought, and I never knew him and he never knew me. Later, I prayed in church for my father's recovery, and for my mother to tell me before it was too late. We'd been invited to my mother's for dinner that night. I told her Gable was in the hospital, in intensive care. It was the first she had heard about it. "That's really too bad. I'm sorry to hear it," she said. Her voice was calm. "Shall we open your presents now?"
- i find her hypocrisy very interesting, otherwise i wouldn't be bothered to write and post all this about Loretta.
Is it true that she dated 'hard to get' Jimmy Stewart or it was a publicity number? Supposedly she was dating Jimmy Stewart when she met her second husband.
I can't remember where but i found yesterday that Loretta said that she was not Stewart's type. Does anyone know anything about their 'romance' or verify what i read in that link?
- She was not an angel, that's for sure, although she had a beauty obviously on her face.
Why did Tom Lewis divorce loretta young?
They both produced the Show (both having 49% stake and giving 2% to an accountant.) However people who worked on the show knew that Loretta was the real boss and it was she who called the shots, not him. As the show became more and more popular Loretta had more power and Tom did not like that and took it out on his wife and adopted daughter (who worked on the show.)
Reading all this stuff about her makes me think that she was probably, if not obviously a control freak. Wasn't she really in her time the female version of Tom Cruise?
Anyway, whatever bad or good one may right about someone, it is not just that...so...guys share your fucking opinion about prissy and beautiful Loretta.
Loretta Young with Barbara Stanwyck in the photo below
- *write about someone
- I'm going to see 'The Bishop's Wife' tonight.
I'm very curious...
- Omg, you haven't posted anything about her since i did that.
Guys you bore me. You post 100000000000000 messages for Crawford, ok i like Joan too, but you don't leave space for other stars. You also post for John Derek...and you don't post for Loretta Young whose life was far more interesting than John Derek's(He was a mediocre mediocre and uninteresting actor)I even prefer Bo Derek to him ffs!
I saw The Bishop's Wife and i liked it! Both Cary Grant and Loretta Young were gorgeous. David Niven too!
- *i prefer Bo Derek to him
- I liked that bitch in The Stranger
- Trivia for soap fans: Judy Lewis was a soap actress who had roles on General Hospital and The Doctors. She became a producer who worked on the daytime soap opera Texas and was a script writer for Search For Tomorrow.
- I like that record album she did with Jack White several years ago.
- Did she ever have anal sex?
- Did she ever suck cock with zeal?
- You don't have to be vulgar.
- Judy Lewis also reveals in her book that off screen, Irene Dunne was nothing like one wold hope or imagine. She claims Dunne was a chilly and barely maternal.
- Did Loretta had a lesbian affair with Irene Dunne or with the other prisspot Rosalind Russell? They never fingered each other 'mercifully'? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
- Prissy or not, i like the way her veins pop out of her hand
- Gorgeous here too
- Youst call me Inga!
- I believe it was Robert Osborne who told the story of a sit-down interview with Loretta at her home. This is long after she'd retired.
After they'd sat talking for a while, Loretta excused herself from the room. While awaiting her return, Osborne meandered around the room, over to the chair Loretta had just left. When he looked up, he noticed a small pink pin-spotlight focused right where Loretta sat.
Say what you will, but the woman knew how to present herself in the best possible light always!
- There is nothing more sexy and sweet than old, pre-code movies.
I'm Loretta Young and i'm a grandiose bitch and a hypocrite. I hope you love my dress.
- I agree, r 76.