- completely agree.
- Agree. %0D\
Maybe a small, quirky symbol on your shoulder can be hot... but this large-scale ink is nasty. %0D\
Makes a nice guy look like a carnie. When a guys takes off his clothes and I see all these tatoos, I feel like putting my clothes and calling the whole thing off.
- Completely agree with you mother and R1.
Tacky tacky tacky
- Anti-tattoo thread #9,464. Give it a rest already, you obsessive queen.
- yah, but tattoed trash throws the hottest fucks.
- Not true! Totes class!
M "BS" McG
- This used to be much more true than today. I mean if Madonna has a tatt, you know it''s high class.
- I find them trashy.
- Completely disagree.
- Your mother doesn''t know shit.
- Agree. They are gross.
- Don''t even look at me if you have trailer park trash tattoos.
- I still don''t understand why people ugly themselves with tattoos. It''s trash!
- [italic]This used to be much more true than today. I mean if Madonna has a tatt, you know it''s high class.[/italic]\
Madonna doesn''t, hon.
- Trashy, especially on women and men that are covered in them.
- Madonna sets trends; she doesn''t follow them. Hence, no tatts. Tatts are for wannabes.
- Had one, getting it removed. Unfortunately getting it removed is twice as painful and 10 times more expensive.\
I used to like them if they were well-done and unique, but now I have to admit I do think they are trashy. I must be getting old..,
- I''ve always thought that. The more, the trashier.
- Yeah, but what''re you gonna do.
- geezers hate tattoos.
- Yes, but I find them a good indicator of people with whom I should avoid becoming too involved.
- I think that was true at one time, but these days people from all walks of life get tattoos. The best tattoo I ever saw was one of Yvonne Craig as Batgirl.
- I''m guessing that Missy OP got turned down once by some inked hottie and has never quite recovered.
- They''re vulgross.
- Tattoos are declasse. Like declining neighborhoods tagged with graffiti.
- Tattoos are a good indicator of people who used to go out of their way to be trendy, but now are just pathetic.
- Particularly trashy on women.
- In the gay world, tattoos are not so much an indication of a lower class background as they are an indication of an insecure man who will do anything to win the approval of his set.\
I should add, I see tattoos on a lot of tweakers. Drugs may have something to do with it.
- One or two (unique ones) are hot.\
All up and down the arm or all over the chest and back and I want to know what you served time for.
- I suspect that most tattooed people eventually regret their stupidity.
Popeye and Olive Oyl
- i got my "om" tattoo on the lower east side when i was rolling balls and tripping. so, yeah, i guess that was pretty trashy of me.
- Yes, very low class. The are a cry for attention. Like message T shirts. I don''t particularly care to see advertising plastered on bumper stickers, T shirts or skin. Keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself instead of using your body as a billboard.
- The 20 Worst Butt Tattoos Of All Time (NSFW)
- Yes. Sorry I did it.%0D\
I was told it would look worse if I tried to have it lasered because the color is so intense (emerald green).%0D\
Fortunately it''s in a place that is covered by clothing.
- Don''t click on R34''s link if you''re eating, just ate, or have a weak stomach.
- I agree with your mama, op.
- love them on hot men but trashy on women
- I''m 25 and I have to say that in my age group a lot of people have tattoos. I don''t have any, I agree that it is trashy. It is a good barometer of someone''s character - the guys who don''t have tattoos are from good families, are well educated and generally successful. The guys with tattoos are usually bar trash.
- Completely agree. Only trash, circuit queens, porn "stars", and prisoners get tattoos.
- Visible tattoos confine you to a life at Starbucks or Trader Joes''s stocking shelves or being a ''barista''.
- Tattoos are HOT!
- You wouldn''t put a bumper sticker on your Mercedes, OP.
- Colored tattoos are ugly, like the ones with lots of red and green ink.. yuck!
- Total turn-off...
- Your mother is right, OP. A tatt on a guy is a deal breaker. The only guys getting tatts today are from the trailer park.
- Definitely a case in which less is more.
- As if we didn''t already know they were white-trash, that had to label themselves with a tattoo.
- How does your mother feel about circumcision?
- Many of them are trashy and look stupid. On a really hot guy, a small, unobtrusive tattoo might be OK.\
But the guys who ink their backs, chests, arms, and legs are just idiotic. And the older you get the worse they are.
- Once they developed into a big mass-audience fad, there was no cachet in having tattoos. It''s about as cool as having your mother friend you on Facebook.
- Good one, 52!
- Exactly about Madonna. Say what you want about the lady but she is smart. She does all this shock and awe yet is prudent enough not to ever get a tattoo. In my opinion, that is very telling about the lady in a good way. Tattoos do look low class. I notice many of the people that have tattoos are smokers as well. This tells me they are insecure and defined by peer pressure to ''conform'' what is supposedly cool.
- Yes. They''re for the insipid sheeple.
- "Hey, how low can you go?!"\
"No lower! I''m going to the tattoo parlor!"
Lo-lo Lowbrow, aka Trashy Trasherstein
- Some of us get turned on by fucking the help.
- I was disappointed with the 2000s version of Wilde''s "The Importance of Being Earnest," especially the scene where one of the women talks one of the men into getting a tattoo. I thought this was base pandering to the demographic to which they hoped to sell the film, but then I looked into it further and discovered that tattoos were quite the thing with many late Victorian aristos.\
We geezers think them either "carny" or something only military people enjoy, but they are merely fashion.
- I probably wouldn''t date a woman with visible tattoos. That said, I have two, both not visible when I''m clothed, and both unique and symbolizing something important in my life. I never see them so I don''t think about them much. One is on my ribcage and one is below my neck.\
Years ago, before the tattoo thing got to be so trendy, I met a well-heeled woman from CT who had the tiniest tattoo I''d ever seen located on her ankle. It was of the Greek letters of her sorority. I though that -- and she -- were pretty classy.\
It seems to me that having a tattoo doesn''t make one trashy, but lots of trashy people certainly get tattoos.
- Sometimes, the US deports Latino gang members back to their home countries where, before long, they end up dead. Their bodies are always found with their clothes disheveled and this is because the locals are not going to put up with gang activity, so jump them, check for gang tattoos and if they find them, execute them with machetes.\
SS soldiers also had special tattoos.
- Can make a low class guy sexier. If that''s what you like.
- Absolutely not !
Michelle Bombshell Mcgee
- It says "I don''t respect myself enough not to do this ugly, permanent thing to my body."
- We have no tatoos and never will.\
Only trash have tatoos
Mrs Patrick Campbell
- I find them trashy too OP. They can be done tastefully - a tiny one on a woman that is not in an obvious place, is ok - but for the most part, I hate them.
- Mix is stupid with low class, because many middle class people, who are not the brightest bulbs, get tattoos too.
- I always wonder about people who get tattoos. \
Do they think that their taste in graphic art will stay the same for the rest of their lives? Or that fashion trends (like tats) will stay the same?\
Do they think their body will be exactly as it is now forever? \
The truth is that some of the old tattoos I see really age the wearer by their style....and they look really bad as skin stretches and shrinks over time.
- I meet so many lesbians that are covered in tattoos and I''m sorry, but it''s such a turn-off - especially those god-awful barbed wire or tribal arm bands.
- A sorority letter is classy? We have different tastes, R58. \
Living in Brooklyn, I''ve become less disdainful of tattoos and judgmental of people who have them simply because they''re everywhere, and yet I would never get one myself or date someone with one. I really do think your perspective on tattoos speaks to a certain strength of identity--or lack thereof.
- Think about the real estate that a huge majority of the Tat Parlors occupy-- High Rent or Low Rent District?
- Where do you meet these women covered in tatoos R68? Seriously, you''re going to the wrong places.
- they look trashy, but I like trashy.
so sue me
- Tattoos = Low IQ
- [quote]Makes a nice guy look like a carnie. When a guys takes off his clothes and I see all these tatoos, I feel like putting my clothes and calling the whole thing off%0D\
Have called it off TWICE. Said I had a sick headache, the guy was not happy.
- Only insecure people ink their bodies, it''s a proven fact. Was watching the GayVA on Showtime, and was shocked on how many gay porn stars have inked themselves. They just didn''t look hot anymore.
- I have a tattoo on the back of my shoulder that I got in my 20s (i am female). Now that I am in my late 30s, I want it gone. I have seen people with removals that did not completely remove it, so it just looks weird and faded. I have also seen people with scars where the tattoo was. I find myself wearing short sleeves instead of tank tops, to hide it. They really are more mainstream than they used to be, so that makes me feel a little bit better. I won''t be the only idiot in the nursing home with a tattoo.
- I still can''t believe that Reese Wetherspoon has that huge tattoo on her stomach. Weird.
- Link, r77?
- They looked hip for a short while, but then they became a huge fad after which they became less than edgy and less than cool.%0D\
They now look trashy and make people look like mindless sheep.%0D\
- Agree. When something becomes so mainstream it''s not fun anymore. Like when parents started getting Facebook pages and friending their kids.
MOM!! Stop it, you''re embarrassing me!!
- A friend of mine with children has a devil tattooed on her boob. That''s probably going to be their first memory, a cartoon devil glaring at them while they nursed.
- Multiple tattoos is a sign of mental instability.
- If you have a tatoo that cannot be covered it''s total trash. Sleeves and paint all up the neck is gross. %0D\
I used to work for a company that required conservative dress and one of the employees came in one hot day with a sleeveless tee (this was a woman), she had another shirt she put over it for work but this was the first time we saw her bare arms all covered with tats. She had sleeves full on both arms and it was disgusting.%0D\
I thought the boss was going to have a heart attack, she saw some reaction and said she was going to the bathroom to put on another shirt, and he was like make it quick. Lesson, come to work with that shit covered already.
- I could never get a tatto. In fact, I''m so interested in having a buff body with smooth clear skin that I went to a dermatologist to have any moles anywhere on my body removed. Moles are like tattoos to me. People, we have the technology to get rid of them - they seem especially common in Britain for some reason - even their actors have 5-6 on their faces. Ugh. %0D\
I once considered the barbed wire bicep tattoo hot on a really muscular guy. But now everyone in LA seems to have them, even the skinny 90 pound bag boy at the supremarket. Tattoos have become meaningless.%0D\
And don''t get me started on body piercing.
- By the time middle aged hausfraus are doing it, the trend is an embarrassment.
- [quote] If you have a tatoo that cannot be covered it''s total trash. Sleeves and paint all up the neck is gross. \
- R84, are you the freak on Datalounge who puts Oil of Olay beauty fluid all over his body especially the buttocks?%0D\
Your smooth, clear skin obsession (and free from moles) is a bit over the top.
- There''s a lot of snobbery in this thread.
- Every person I know who has gotten a tattoo is as dumb as mud.
- Tattoos are trashy.
- "I always wonder about people who get tattoos. Do they think that their taste in graphic art will stay the same for the rest of their lives? Or that fashion trends (like tats) will stay the same? Do they think their body will be exactly as it is now forever? The truth is that some of the old tattoos I see really age the wearer by their style....and they look really bad as skin stretches and shrinks over time."\
In my opinion, tattoos don''t necessarily equal "low class," but they do indicate lack of intelligence and/or some sort of image problem. I think most people who get tattoos don''t give a moment''s thought to any of the questions you pose above.
- [quote]Do they think that their taste in graphic art will stay the same for the rest of their lives?\
I can only speak to my own experiences as one of the hideous tattooed circus freaks that I clearly am (I have three, none are visible when I have even a t-shirt on, and most people are surprised that I have them), but when I went out and got each of them, they''re all abstract so that I don''t imagine that I''m going to hate them in twenty years. I got my first one almost fifteen years ago, and I don''t regret it.\
As for the "think of what you''ll look like in the nursing home!" concerns, well, sunblock is a must.
The Voice of the Night
- Tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary enthusiasm.
- some look ok when the person is in their twenties but there is nothing more sad and trashy than a middle age person with stupid faded out tats on their flabby arms and legs. gross.
- Utterly unsurprising that the vapid VOTN has three awsum "abstract" tattoos.
- Tattoos are hideous. And yes, low-class.
- I''d rather see nice sleeves and neck tattoos than some timid yuppie dilettante with a small symbol on the shoulder, or a tiny one on the wrist, or tramp stamp, or ankle. The only shitty thing about tatoos is that they have been taken from rebels, appropriated by assholes.
Ed Hardy Vomit
- [quote]I''d rather see nice sleeves and neck tattoos than some timid yuppie dilettante with a small symbol on the shoulder, or a tiny one on the wrist, or tramp stamp, or ankle.\
- I agree with R97 - go big or go home.
- I generally don''t like sleeves, especially when the guy didn''t know enough to not have every single color in the crayola box in it, but every once in a while, I see a well-designed one that''s really hot.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]I have three, none are visible when I have even a t-shirt on, and most people are surprised that I have them\
This is so gross.
- I, for one, want to see pics of VOTN''s tattoos.
- I''ve said this before but when when your granny and every suburban soccer mom is getting tatted and having their nipples pierced it''s over.
- You and your mother are pure cunts.
- This thread is full of ignorance and snobbery. %0D\
- You mother is wrong. How much other bullshit did she foster upon you?
- R84, LOL - nooooooooo, I do not put Oil of Olay all over my body. But I wouldn''t mind putting in on another man''s body, especially if he has a nice tight bubble butt. %0D\
Since most heterosexuals consider gays to be total freaks, you sure use the word "freak" carelessly, eh?
- [quote]Every person I know who has gotten a tattoo is as dumb as mud%0D\
Or, dumb as a box of rocks. I don''t know who started the tattoo craze, but it''s really gone out of hand. America is looking like shit these days. And, I''m really embarrassed that our country is looking like a bunch of scummy tattoo freaks.%0D\
I''m sorry, but that''s the way I feel!
- I don''t think tattoos are low class - not does my buddy Jake.
Adam (ADHD) Levine
- Edgy musicians and rock n roll musicians used tattoos to separate themselves out as unique -%0D\
but then tattoos found their way avidly among the general populace which ruined the syndrome for musicians.
- I look fine! And me and my "sister" will beat the fucking shit outta you if you think I don''t look beautiful.
Cane Wielding Sandy McMillin
- What always baffles me is why bodybuilder porn stars get them.\
if anyone would want to keep their body inkfree so people could see it properly, you would think it would be a bodybuilder. But these porn stars with the most gorgeous bodies like Alex Marte, Daniel Marvin, Pedro Andreas, Francesco d''Macho, etc. wreck their appearance by ruining their beautiful bodies by covering them with tattoos. Why do they do that? Why spend so much time working out if you''re going to mess up your hard work with tattoos?
- [quote]Madonna sets trends; she doesn''t follow them\
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
- [quote]The only shitty thing about tatoos is that they have been taken from rebels, appropriated by assholes.\
Rebels are not also assholes???
Any Winehouse, Jesse James, Tom Hardy, etc.
- R97. You''d rather see a neck tattoo than some small, hidden tattoo on a yuppie? %0D\
Where the hell is your head? Neck tattoos couldn''t be worse unless someone tattooed his or her face. Neck tattoos are disgusting. And your objection to a small tattoo on a yuppie? Well, that''s ridiculous too, but at least it''s hidden and not on someone''s goddamn neck!
- I went to a party last year that Chris ''bird man'' Andersen attended (NBA player for the nuggets). He looked like a freak with all of the colorful tattoos. It was just too much on a person that tall, gangly, and weird looking anyway. He was talking about getting more. It''s too bad, because he would be a decent looking guy without them. I actually like them on Adam Levine...I think that having too many colors makes them look worse (especially as they get older).
- R115, I don''t like seeing yuppies with tattoos because it gives me big time douche chills. Some of us are actually sailors, you know.\
To R101, who cannot bear the sight of forearm tattoos: please tell me you don''t have a precious tattoo the size of a quarter on your hip.
- I find it hilarious that tattoos are a sign that you are "hard" or "tough", when MOST of the queens that sport them are NOT into rock ''n'' roll at all, but worship Madonna, Lady Gaga, Britney, Mariah, etc., etc.!!! SCENE QUEENS.
- You know what''s low class and trashy?\
Not being able to spell the word "tattoo."
Yeah -- I''m lookin'' at YOU.
- When I was young (not legally even supposed to be able to get them)I had two tattoos done in quick succession. After a childhood of abuse they played an integral part in reclaiming my body. \
Are they tacky? Possibly. Do I regret it? No. Do I care what anyone else thinks about them? No. \
It was done for personal reasons, and every time I look at them I recall the days I had them done, and it brings a smile to my face. I''m sure they still will when I''m in a nursing home.
- R120, the fact that tattoos are, sadly, an act-out against abuse proves the point of most posters on this thread. I''m sorry your life was so horrible, and that the only way you could "reclaim your body" was by defacing it. That''s very sad.
- White supremacists are really into tattoos; in fact, at their "family friendly" gatherings they always have a tatoo artist on hand.%0D\
It appears that many undesirables arew tattoo artists: outlaw bikers, white supremacists and convicted felons. In my town, a infamous child pradator is a tattoo artist. He has been busted twice.
- For how long will the angry, cigar-smoking woodpecker tat on my forearm stay in fashion?
- R121 thank you for your sympathy, though I wasn''t looking for it. \
My tattoos weren''t the only ways I reclaimed my body, they were just the first small steps of many. When I look at them I am reminded of where and when that reclaimation started. I don''t feel like I defaced my body at all. \
I have thought about having them removed in the past, but probably never will, as they mark a time that is special to me. To mark a special event is not an uncommon reason why tattoos are/have been done, both throughout history and different cultures. It''s not always about abuse or poor self esteem. \
However tattoos like the ones done to mark people during WW2 must be hard to live with.
- Tattoos can look good on the right person (invariably at the peak of their physical fitness). \
As a lesbian, I notice fellow lesbians have a particular penchant for tattoos, and often big tattoos occupying the whole calf, or the side of one breast.It baffles me why so many women choose to do this. It doesn''t look good NOW and certainly won''t look good THEN.
- this thread was always going to attract people who value looks over substance, and those who can''t understand that their sense of beauty isn''t univesal.
- R126, define ''univesal,'' you condescending bitch.
- well R127 that was obviously a typo.\
Care to define why I am a condescending bitch? \
Is it something to do with expressing an opinion that''s not popular in this thread?
- [quote]Tattoos can look good on the right person (invariably at the peak of their physical fitness).\
I have never felt this way. On the young, fit and beautiful I always think what a shame it is that they''ve marred their natural beauty. \
I''ve never seen a tattoo that looks good and do not consider it art. How will they feel when they''re 50 or 60 and those ugly tattoos are worn out, stretched and hopelessly dated?
- Tattoos go hand-in-hand with trailers and pit bulls.
- ...What r129 said! I''ll never understand why people cover themselves in tats.
They won''t look the same when you''re wrinkled
- R125 - I don''t get it either. In my town, you aren''t consider a true les if you don''t have tattoos (!) One woman questioned me about my lack of tattoos. Never had one; never will.
- Truman Capote said 80 percent of the 100+ killers he interviewed had tattoos.
- Disagree if the wearer is a hot looking man.
- I am considering a very small shamrock that will only show above my speedo. What do you think?
- Get one if it makes you happy. Don''t worry about what other people think.
The Voice of the Night
- If you don''t know who you are, you have to do something to give yourself an identity.
- If VOTN tells you to do it, it''s probably a bad idea.
Bank on it
- Hey, it''s your body. Do what you want.\
But really - have you ever seen a tattoo on someone over 50 and said, "Gee, that looks good"?
- When you look back at the clothing and hairstyles of the 70''s, 80''s and 90''s it can be pretty embarrassing. Look at some pictures of yourself from a decade ago and chances are good you will immediately cringe at your hair and clothes, etc. I feel the same will happen with tattoos. Something you are so absolutely sure is hot today won''t be in a few years. At least with clothes and hair our choices aren''t permanent and we can evolve and grow out of different phases. \
So here''s my advice: just get a message Tee if you really HAVE TO express yourself to every stranger in your orbit. At least you can quietly throw it away once it becomes lame and embarrassing.
- I have no interest in men who are tattooed or men who are concerned with their mothers'' opinions.
- [quote]If VOTN tells you to do it, it''s probably a bad idea.\
If you say so. Personally, I don''t understand where there''s a problem with "Only do it if you want to," but I guess, you know, I am...whatever you all think I am.\
I''m just saying, I thought out each of mine, and knew it wasn''t something that I would come to regret. I might hate them in twenty more years, but so far, so good.\
You make your choices, I make mine. You don''t have to be besties with me or fuck me.
The Voice of the Night
- There''s nothing trashier than using the terms low class or high class.
- Jesus R131, when you are wrinkled, no one will look at you, much less your tattoos. Why people care about the old thing is beyond me. NO ONE WILL LOOK AT YOU ANYWAY.
- Thinking tattoos are ''low class'' is middle class bourgeois. All the kings of England for the past two hundred years have had tattoos.
- Porn trash love their tattoos. Link NSFW or anything else. What kind of pathology creates this sort of horror show?
- Totally off topic, but R146''s pics reminded me - why do porn guys always put their hand on their hip like that? It is so effeminate but it''s usually the top who does it. If I watched porn it would be very distracting, I think.
- Porn models have a low opinion of themselves, that''s why they wear trashy tattoos.
- Tattoos are very caveman
- I would only wear the press-on tattoos they have for kids, such as the Flintstones. They wash off, but could be seen as an act of derision towards "real" tattoos by making fun of them. %0D\
Another thread could be started about piercing. I loath seeing a young man or woman with rings through their eyebrows, noses, and metal beads on the tongue, lips, cheek. Now THAT''S trashy!
- Did cavemen have tattoos? I learn something new every day on DL.
- In different areas that I''ve lived you only have to notice that the more/larger tattoos a person has the trashier they are. They''re the ones who''re smoking while they push a baby carriage and are dressed like shit.
- R148, what makes you think that gay porn stars have a low opinion of themselves?
- [quote] Did cavemen have tattoos? %0D\
Yes. Icemen, too.
- Tattoos are just lame. They scream "follower!"
- "My tattoos weren''t the only ways I reclaimed my body, they were just the first small steps of many. When I look at them I am reminded of where and when that reclaimation started. I don''t feel like I defaced my body at all. I have thought about having them removed in the past, but probably never will, as they mark a time that is special to me."\
Why is that you "have thought about having them removed" if they''re so important to you, and if you truly don''t feel that you have defaced your body? I would say I feel sorry for you, but you rejected the other poster''s sympathy, so I''ll just say that you sound very confused.
- If you admire the pornstar/stripper look and want that for yourself, then by all means go for it. But know that you are forever branding yourself as trashy and low class. If you want a more dignified look about you, don''t get tattooed.
- Tattoos are ugly. It does seem that the lower the IQ and lower the "class"of oerson, the more the tattoos. \
"Tramp Stamps" also also particularly gross. My 28 year old niece has her name tattooed right across her back above her ass. It looks so trashy.
- They seem very popular with those who like to "drop like it''s hot." Even when it isn''t at all hot.
- Your body is a temple, why not decorate it like one?
- Then there are a lot of "low class" men in NYC and elsewhere.
- Yes, Charlie, there are a lot of low class men in NYC and elsewhere. That surely can''t come as a surprise to you. The majority of the population worldwide bathes in mediocrity and adores trashy behavior and appearances. That doesn''t mean that anyone with intelligence or a modicum of taste would want to do the same.
- AGREE! They just scream....I''m dirty.
- [quote]Only insecure people ink their bodies, it''s a proven fact.\
Please do tell what scientific journal you read this in.
- Now now, you know full well that a opinion posted on Datalounge is just as true as any stupid old fact.
- R156 years ago I cared a bit more about people''s opinions on matters such as this which is why I had at that time, thought of having them removed. Those comments might have come across as hypocrisy on my part when they shouldn''t have as I would likely never get my tattoos removed now or in the future, and no, don''t feel like I have defaced my body at all. Defacing someones body in my mind is more the case of when someone abuses a kid, or does something to mark a persons body without their consent.
- If it''s meaningful and unique, sure, go for it. If it''s some flash bullshit then you look stupid.
- [quote]Your body is a temple, why not decorate it like one?%0D\
Decorate by ugling yourself with tattoos? You need to sort out your priorities.
- I think it''s wrong to pierce the ears of babies. Why not pierce other parts of them or give them sleeve tattoos while we''re at it?
- OP''s mother is right. Tatts? Trash.\
Tramp stamp or hip tatt?? TOTAL trash. Total.
- When the likes of Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan start getting multiple tattoos, then you know it''s nothing more than a ridiculous fad that appeals to emotionally stunted morons.
- Can''t believe no one''s addressed Ciaran''s question, but...\
[quote]Totally off topic, but R146''s pics reminded me - why do porn guys always put their hand on their hip like that? It is so effeminate but it''s usually the top who does it.\
They''re used to being on camera, in which case their arm needs to be out of the way for a clear shot of them pounding the bottom''s ass. Easiest way to do that is to make a habit of keeping your wrist planted on your hip.
- I have to giggle at the irony that most of you writing ''eewww, trashy'' are exactly the sort of people the average tattoo-ee is looking to set themselves apart from. I have a number of tattoos and I''m a highly educated health & fitness nut with a rockin'' bod. Each picture tells a story and they''re there for me, not to impress some silly prisspots who think we should all be doing our utmost to appear ''classy''. One man''s class is another''s WASP-y middle-class pretentiousness.
- Interestingly, the iceman Oetzi has tattoos which are placed along areas used in acupuncture. Historians thought acupuncture was invented in China 3,500 years ago, but Oetzi is more than 5,000 years old.%0D\
Mummies found in China''s Taklamachan desert have proved to be European Celts. The mummies are about 4,000 years old.%0D\
It is possible that European Celts introduced acupuncture to China.
- Soooo, so white trash. But that''s America.
- People also get tattoos to cover scars, whether from burning, accidents or mastectomies. I don''t care why people have tattoos, and neither should you.
- I watched katvond''s show last night, and was disgusted by her facial tattoos. I don''t mind the rest of them, but why is the world would one tattoo their face with silly stars? It looks like a five year old drew the stars on.
- Well I do not like them and don''t have any- but I know a lot of people who do, who have generally good taste and are hardly "low class" if you count wealth and education in the evaluation of class ... and I wonder exactly what low class means OP? Does that means lower middle class or poor and thus to be viewed with disdain or automatic poor taste and depraved behavior? Or does it mean bad taste and depraved behavior despite independent of wealth and education.%0D\
I really think this is just another blanket statement by someone or people who need to "look down on" others, for some reason. You know, generalize and elevate yourself in comparison
- Tattoos on trashy people = graffiti in the hoods
- Only American white trash get tattoos!
The always culturally and historically enlightned people on Datalounge
- I believe that a lot of gay men use tattoos to look more masculine.
- Hot guy with some killer tats.
- I am a NZ Maori and this is part of our culture, arguably where modern tattoo''s originate from. \
I have one tattoo, and yes it''s a maori one. It is a piece of art that I spent years thinking about and then perfecting before having it permanently etched into my skin. My partner also has one of my designs tattoo''d onto himself too.\
However, in the wrong context it is terribly low class. Nothing worse than seeing someone choosing a tattoo from a book, especially when it''s a compromise because they couldn''t find anything they actually liked but just had to get a tattoo there and then. Got a dolphin or your star sign as a tattoo? I hate you. Too much of that these days.\
Personally I find women with tattoos, tacky.
- The sad part about this tattoo fashion trend that coming out is that the youth feel wow everyone is doing it then let me go ahead and become another idiot of the styling industry, but little do they know that the rock stars or rap stars who do this are trying to create an image for their propaganda but it sadden me when the youth of today all seem inked and how in the world are you people going to get a job? many people get discriminate by it because it simply has a meaning to it well a so called meaning in the past generation it either meant you went to jailed a gangsters for the men and a slut stamp mark for the females.. each person has the right to do what ever they want with their bodies but let set the record straight if you arent a damn celebrity lay off the ink, you going to look lovely when you get old with ridiculous tattoos all over your body what a waste..
it really is disturbing and you arent rich so keep thuggin fools looking low class and trashy ewwwwww..
- Tattoo queens all bareback... just saying!
- Our culture lacks rites of passage and for many people a tattoo is their own personal rite of passage. All sorts of people get all sorts of tattoos in all sorts of places for all sorts of reasons. You people trying to generalise about people with tattoos being trashy young conformists look more idiotic than the chick with the sleeves.
- You will never see a business man with a tattoo. NO executive ever. If they have them, they are hidden under clothes. This is what your mom means by tattoos being low class. It's a custom for hourly people, not salaried.
Successful people also never make the holes in their ear lobes large enough to stick a penis through. And they never wear their pants below their buttcheeks.
Only trash with no prospects does any of that.
- Some of you bitches are so closed minded. Tattoos aren't my thing and I personally don't have any, but it doesn't even remotely bother me if another guy does. I had one hook up buddy who worked as a tattoo artist was pretty well covered in them. While it wasn't a look I would normally go for, I was so into him that the tattooed look - on him - became hot to me because it was part of who he was. He was also one of the kindest, most down to earth people I ever knew - certainly NOT stupid or trailer trash. Stop judging books by their covers. Actually, no - keep being the way you are, you're just leaving more good guys for the rest of us to grab.
- A tattoo artist might be hot, but he's probably not going to become a CEO anytime soon/ever.
That doesn't mean dump him and be close minded, it just means you get that tattoos are a symbol of a certain class. There's nothing wrong with mingling between the classes though.
- Trashy and ugly, IMHO.
- yes it consider LOW CLASS and really some people look like freaks with so much tattoos and body modification looking like a damn circus clowns get it together people stop being influenced by the media...
- Yuck...total turn off
- Tattoos -- so last millennium.
- What a disgrace so trashy.
- Tatoos = deal breaker
- ok so the whole point is that how many peoplw voted that is was consider very high class having tattoos on the body. zero respond on that lol. ok so i guess low class is the winner your mom is a very classy woman.
- The metal rockers really look hot and they are rich so i guess they are the winners of this tattoo trend going on they have nothing to lose but everything to gain by it .
- morons who can't spell = dealbeaker
- TATTOOS = YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER ON IN LIFE.
- Looks like it's confirmed, people. Boring eldergays HATE tattoos.
- This thread is so tired. We get it. You Marys don't like tattoos. How many times do we have to continually have the same thread?
Get over it, girls.
- Generally they are trashy, however, one or two unique ones that can be hidden by clothing doesn't bother me so much. The BF has some but they are very personal to *him*, they are unique, and he can cover them with his dress-shirt for work. He got them years and years ago before the fad began and hasn't added to them in the interim.
On women, tats are incredibly trashy. Awful awful awful.
- How pathetic people can be to judge people on appearances there was a girl i actually well smashed with and she had the most precious fish tattoo on her lips it was an amazing experience just glaring at her blue fish i cant quite forget that moment : )
- Well that settles the whole topic there.
- I guess this settles the whole topic here.
- it getter better as it proceed at times i wonder at life idiots...
- who cares what people think nobody going to die by having tattoos on their skin lord jesus..tattoo = HIGH CLASS
- Disagree. It's a stupid blanket statement.
Some tattoos are trashy, tacky, attention-whorish. "Tramp stamps", those sprawling messages in cursive or black adder script, anything visible when wearing a long sleeved shirt. These are just gross.
Most are stupid and unoriginal, like "tribal" tattoos. What tribe do you belong to, Trevor? Ditto barbed wire, thorny branches, anyone's name. It's conformity dressed up as "rebellion". Dumb, unoriginal people advertising it for the world.
But I've seen some cool original ones that reflect the wearer. Small, subtle ones are best IMO. It's a valid form of self expression, it's just that most people suck, so most of their self expression sucks. Unlike a journal or a sketchbook, though, people wear tattoos for all the world to see, so all that crappy self expression is on display all around us.
- R203/204/205, please stop posting. At least until whatever you're "on" wears off.
- Tattoos = Low Intelligence
Class can be part of that, but not always.
- so what tattoos equal ? the buttjoke .
- so what tattoos equals? The butt joke of society and this forum. ^_^ that the conclusion of it all.
- Very classy.
- I think tattoos in areas that can be covered with clothes are fine, but the ones that are clearly visible look trashy, not to mention horrible as one gets older. Have you seen the way tattoos look on old people when their skin starts wrinkling??? It's not a pretty sight.
- This would make an excellent topic on southpark.
- One or two small tasteful tattoos is acceptable. Any more is extremely low class and should be discouraged at every turn. Just thing 50 or 60 years from now what these low class losers will look like with their faded ink and wrinkled, sagging bodies.
- I can't wait til the droopy butt and genital tattoos show up on drooling nursing home patients.
- R213. Thanks for the link. Gay guy here and I couldn't stop looking. Hmmm maybe I'm bi.
- Tattoos are for trailer trash, convicts and bikers (all the same, anyway).
- Hello trashy
- Look at your mama's left arse cheek. That's me
- They're disgusting.
- [quote]I can't wait til the droopy butt and genital tattoos show up on drooling nursing home patients.
Do you think they WON'T have droopy butts and genitals if they don't have tattoos?
This argument against tattoos has never made any sense to me. Who wants to look at an old person's butt even without a tattoo?
- [quote]One or two small tasteful tattoos is acceptable.
Agreed. More [italic]can[/italic] be sexy, but in a sexy, white trash way. They might be okay for a dirty fuck, but I don't want to spend any time not fucking with someone whose skin is a tablet for the story of their life...and all that crazy bullshit.
- indicates trash/stupidity.
- Like everything else, moderation is key.
A few well conceived, well executed tattoos that are the right size and in the right places can be very attractive.
If, on the other hand, the person looks like a human Etch a Sketch and the tattoos are not well done or have bad coloring, then yes, that person tends to look like moldy ass.
- I can't agree anymore. I find them to be pretty hot. Especially ones on the upper back and shoulders. Very hot. Very sexy.
- Well duh, of course they do.
- I find them tacky to be honest. It's got that "Pay attention to me" thing about it.
- They're disgusting.
- COMPLETELY agree. Your mother rocks! Am especially sick of seeing every chef and waiter with tats - disgusting. And isn't it quite painful? I never got all the body piercing craze, either.
Yes I'm old, and have a low threshold for pain anyway
- totaly aggree
- Put it this way... you won't risk looking trashy by deciding not to get a tattoo. But if you decide to get one, choose carefully.
- My picture didn't work!
- All the young women are getting the full sleeve tattoos now, and I'm talking even the ones with wholesome farm girl faces.
I like the wholesome look, because at this point in our culture that is what's exotic. The farm girl look is as exotic now as the Jezebel who had the snake wrapped around her neck once was.
So, when I see the innocent farm girl type I think goodness, what a rare thing of beauty. And then I'll see a sleeve tattoo and then shit girl, you done gone and ruined yourself.
- I agree. They're even worse on a flabby, out-of-shape body, either male or female.
- Generally, not a fan, but on Stefan, the tattoo looks fine.
- My first choice is no tats. However, on some men, they look ok. I would do Adam Levine anytime, any place, tats or no tats. That man is total sex appeal.
- Tattoos = tacky, ugly, lame, pathetic, conformist, stupid, low-class, no-class, awful...
- Lets me know who the idiots are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask them in 5,10,15,20 years time and most certainly all will say they wished they never got one. If you want a picture get a painting. This is one of the reasons we have fashionable clothing. A tattoo is like a uniform that you will eventually get sick of.
Why do some people feel that a tattoo is there to remind them of someone,something or an event - you have a memory - use it.
- Ok, we'll all do what r241 says, yes? Let's all be EXACTLY like him because he no doubt knows everything and his aesthetic preferences are all there is. What I don't get is that with 98% of the WASPy bores on this thread hating tattoos, how are they conformist?
- Tattoos = 1979
- People with lots of tattoos have low self-esteem and hate their bodies. They are trying to distract from what they perceive as the ugliness of their bodies. Lots of fat girls are into this trend.
- In last Sunday's paper, the local restaurant critic raved about a new restaurant in town. I made a mental note to check it out, until I saw the picture of the head chef. Tattoos all up and down both arms and on his neck. I lost my appetite and desire to go there. Sad and biased on my part but I just can't help myself.
- lowest of low class
- I, too, tire of seeing tattoos on everyone, but R223 is totally correct.
- [quote]Visible tattoos confine you to a life at Starbucks or Trader Joes's stocking shelves or being a 'barista'.
One of the guys who delivered my couch yesterday had his hands, fingers, and neck covered in tattoos. (He wore coverealls, but I'm sure the rest of his upper half was just as ink-coated.)
- I have tattoos and a good job in law enforcement and community safety. My oldest is around 15 years and I don't regret it at all. My partner has none; I'm not bothered either way, and neither is he, although he does really like some of my tattoos.
Fine if you don't like tattoos, but the obsessive anti-tattoo neurosis is laughable and sounds like postings my grandma would have made.
- Tattoos themselves aren't necessarily low class but are often found on people who lack class. People who carry themselves with class and style (with tats that are well done at the very least) still give an impression of class and style. Now tell me how many people with tats you know that to be true of?
- Tattoos make you look skanky.
- No matter how hard I try, I just can't find them hot. I just try and "look around" them...or not see them. The worst are the ones get around their assholes. How. Tacky.
- "How. Tacky."
As is your excessive use of the full stop, mary.
- How. Completely. TACKY.
- People covered in tattoos are creating their new identity. The reasons vary, but for many it's their way of trying to get away from who they saw themselves as having been previously.
One label doesn't fit all, but the biggest single group fall into this category. When you see people with dark skin that make tattoos difficult to see, you know the person has gone through a lot of pain in hopes off not being seen first as a dark skinned person. Those with gang markings are an even more complicated story of sadness and neglect leading to an artificially created group of which to belong.
In the vast majority of heavily tattooed people the reasons are overwhelmingly sad and or negative.
- One or two that mean something to the person, fine. I get that, even though I have none. Used to want one special one, not anymore. It's actually cool now to NOT have one.
- First, let me say I am 58. In my youth, the only people who had tattoos were former convicts or former Armed Service Members. So my opinions are skewed.
I think it's very telling that the people who've gotten tattoos during the last 20+ years have chosen to tell their stories through body art rather than using their brains to articulate their vision.
Fads were fun when I was a kid. Hula Hoop, skate boards, you name it.
The human body is a work of art. We've turned the human body into a canvas. Very sad. What will your grandchildren think?
- To everyone who says its trashy and people with tattoos are low class, I have 2 words for you, FUCK YOU. Just because you are all boring people who don't appreciate any form of art DOES NOT mean that people with tattoo's are low class. I guarantee there are people who have a shit load of tattoo's who make more money that you judgmental arrogant pieces of shit, who look down on people who a different.
- As comedian (now TV producer) Drake Sather used to say, "I can see getting married, maybe having a few children, but a tattoo is so permanent."
- I agre with r208. Obviously it depends on the tattoo.
Is it truly unique to the wearer? Is it well done and placed well?
- Not all people with tattoos are low class R258, just that a lot of people with them are.
- Oh my GAWD! That photo is DISGUSTING, I actually want to cry. That is nasty!
- All the middle-aged gay men at the gym with their one side inked from pec to shoulder down to elbow are silly little boys still seeking daddy's approval. The worst are Asian characters or koi fish on Caucasian skin. Might as well get "chicken fried rice" tattooed on you. Just ridiculous. These are the same guys who sported Chelsea tiaras in the '90s. They have zero individuality/personality. Most can't hold a conversation but they can tell you what their tattoo is supposed to mean and give you every detail about their iPhone iOS6 upgrade and not leave out a single amazing detail. Brilliant!
I agree with your mother.
- They really seemed out of control this summer. No longer are they single tattoos, they are entire arms! Rarely do I find them interesting or attractive, always I think the tattooee is an idiot.
- R259 Drake Sather died in 2004.
- Tattoos look like someone drew on themself with magic markers. I like skin, and there are many guys I've lost interest in once the dreaded tat is revealed.
The only tattoos I've seen that are ok are Stephanie Seymour's and Courtney Love's ankle tattoos.
- I don't get why attractive people would get an awful tat. For example, Ana Marie Cox who's a lovely woman has two on her left arm. From her Twitter.
- Number two
- Were "Chelsea tiaras" those ubiquitous barbed wire/thorn tattoos?
- I'm surprised at the young people that have them, now. I bet more do than don't. My brother had a girlfriend in the 80's who had a tatt of a rose on her hand, and she couldn't get a job even working in a hotel to save her life. Now? Not so much.
- Low Class AND Low Intelligence.
- I am completly covered in ink, im in the military which is a very respectful and well paying job. I read some of the posts on here and you are a bunch of snobby people who i wouldnt like to meet. When someones 40+ in age maybe they should be more concerned with their health. oh and who started this thread, your mom thinks they are trashy ? who cares what your mom thinks. You people disgust me, get over yourselves, what kind of person spends their time judging others without knowing them. GET A LIFE
- I simply don't understand the ongoing mass obsession with getting tattoos and disfiguring yourself and not with just tattoos but with a variety of objects pierced into the flesh or even the tongue. When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s the odd ex serviceman with something tattooed to his chest or arms was overlooked as doing something in a weak/drunken moment but anyone else wouldn't think of getting a tattoo, it was vain and a waste of money. For a woman to get one, however small, immediately branded her an absolute slut, a "low woman". I knew a Mexican guy I worked with who had 2 daughters and was always complaining he had no money. I was sitting with him in the lunch room and he asked me if he should get a tattoo. I told him that he can do what he felt like doing but if he had 2 kids any money should go to them first--he was slightly amused that I should think that way as I have no kids.
- What do you think of the Voltaggio Brothers' tattoos?
- R272, we are judging those with tattoos. It is a conscious decision requiring effort and intention to sit and get your skin inked permanently. A lot of people including me just don't understand the appeal or reason for undergoing such a visible permanent alteration. It seems very common in certain circles, not unique. It's easy to judge people who make this decision to change their appearance, and not positively. It's not like you we're born this way and can't help how you look or who you are. You're choosing to look like you spent time in prison, even if you didn't. Yeah, prison is where most tattoos were gotten just a few decades ago. Maybe in a few more decades we who remember typos in an unfavorable light will die off, and everyone remaining will have tattoos and feel special and important together.
- I usually think what a tool if I see someone who has bad tattoos or if they are overdone.
If its a gay porn model I don't give them a 2nd glance esp if its on the chest...
- Is R270 to R273 the same freak talking to herself?
- Completely agree, you can't make the human body better with doodles
- You cant pretty up what wasnt pretty to begin with!
- Eventually. I know lots of pretty girls that got tramp stamps that are gonna look pretty pathetic in 40 years.
- If they can be seen while wearing a suit, then they are very low class indeed.
- In my opinion tattoos take visual emphasis off of ones face to where the tattoo is because the face is not worth looking at(not attractive). The second thing is to get extra attention because the wearer is insecure and or needs/wants extra attention. You don't see high end models covered in tattoos it takes away from there beauty in general you see ugly women and men trying to move the visual focus away from unattractive features. Hey we live in the US you can say and do what you want but i dont have to look. As I am getting older i find my self not looking at people in public most people are ugly with/without tats.. lol
- Depends on the tattoo. Someone having tattoos putting you off sex with them sounds like a pretty trashy way of looking at it.
- depends on what tattoo we're talking about. names of family members, kids, a friend who died makes sense, but there's no justifying a skull and top hat.
- Not a tattoo fan, but not any lamer than "my mother says this."
- In the 1950s, in addition to tattoos being verboten in my home, it was
Pool halls, pierced ears, bowling alleys, motorcycles & black leather jackets.
To this day I still hate tattoos, more specifically, 'sleeves', but will tolerate a tiny unobtrusive tat, if he's worth it.
- The difference between tattooed people and not tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed. It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Some of these posts that are so anti-tattoo are ridiculous. There is no way of gauging someone's intelligence because they have a tattoo. The reason why you feel that people who are tattooed are stupid or uneducated is because your judgement has already infected your mind when you begin discourse with such people. In that type of view, someone who has tattoos is guilty and can never be proved innocent of such judgmental charges.
Someone who has a tattoo is just as capable to carry themselves with class and dignity than someone who doesn't, it is ALL a matter of choice. It is ALL a matter of character. The interesting twist in all of this is that there are NO forums whatsoever with tattooed people slamming others for not being tattooed, you see? If one could say, and I wouldn't assume, that this thread is dominated by people who do not have tattoos, I would believe that those without tattoos that have no class for posting such forums on the internet.
Furthermore, if you aren't attracted to those who have tattoos, then don't be attracted to it, that is all well and good. To be honest, I don't care whether someone has tattoos or not...wow, I must be tattooed. Those who feel the compulsive need to air these opinions, even though the right to them is solely theirs, in such a negative way is the most ignorant, arrongant, and classless thing someone could do.
I haven't said anything insulting to anyone on this post, I'm simply stating please think before you speak. Please understand that maybe your logic is flawed by way of hasty generalization. You don't "know" someone or their capabilities by looking at them. I don't care how genius you think you are. And if I am "classless" simply because I have tattoos in the eyes of people who are so blind to reality...then fine. At least I know that I don't contribute to the epidemic of ignorance and stupidity taking over the world.
- I wouldn't call them "low class." They're more trendy/needy/stupid.
- low class... hate tats
- I think tattoos' popularity is a symptom of a serious sickness of the age we live in. It will be a positive sign when their popularity recedes. A shame that we who have not succumbed have to look at the rest of you for the rest of our lives, though.
- Trailer trash
- I'm female and want to get a tattoo, but I'm not sure where. I'd like to be able to see it myself as a reminder (so no tramp stamp), but I really don't want it visible when I dress up (like at the ankle). I was kind of thinking upper arm, but is that too masculine? I thought there because I don't normally go sleeveless for dress up.
- Check out recent pics of the gorgeous tatts on Kelly Osbourne, R295. She's the epitome of good taste and glamour.
- Depends on how man, and where they are placed. IMO, any tats visible when wearing knee length shorts and a short sleeve shirt immediately scream trashy.
- Big stink where I live today about a person who applied for a job at Panera, which has a no visible tattoo policy. The applicant apparently has one on his or her neck that says "conceited." Panera wouldn't hire him or her.
I say "Good for Panera."
- Yes, low class. God I hope that they have gone back out of style.
End of Thread.
- huh -- funny enough its you that are the "WANNABES" that but and wear the temporary tattoos, the magnetic fake piercings and the wash in rainbow color hair dye, never judge a book by its cover and be excepting everyone.
P.S I am Doctor with my back done.
so remember that being low class next time someone helps you at the hospital, it means nothing as to who or how you are... your mom needs to grow up and learn this world is made up of many different people for a reason, like the skinny, fat different raced and the tattooed
- I think a tattoo is okay but people who are covered in tattoos, not so much....
Same with piercings. A piercing is okay but people who have piercings all over their face and genitals...not so much
- Here's the thing about tattoos. They've been around for thousands of years. In modern culture, they've been kind of associated with trashiness. They were popular among WW2 servicemen, which is why they weren't particularly appealing to baby-boomers, who could see just how unattractive tattoos became after a couple of decades. (Of course, we're talking about a time when people understood that a couple of decades in the future might actually come to pass.)
In those days, the thing about tattoos was that they were permanent. So if you got LMFAO tattooed across your forehead, you might consider what it might mean when, a couple years down the road you're interviewing for a job at Safeway.
But the thing about tattoos that changed was when the technology came about that could remove them, albeit rather poorly. They became edgy, but not permanent.
Tattoos are for sissies. If you're going to be hard-core, nothing less than amputation will do.
- I know a lot of nice and smart people who have tattoos. The quantity and the location of said tattoos do matter however.
I have thought about getting a small cute tattoo, but I can't decide on what and where I want it. Eventually time passes by and I don't care to have one. Basically, at this point in my life, I'm proud to have tattoo free skin and I love it. Besides, so many people have tattoos now, they all look like prisoners or gang members. The fad of having tattoos have subsequently made them tacky I'm sorry to say.
Can you tell us why you were motivated to get a back tattoo? I not judging anyone with tattoos, I just have never understood what design needs to be injected on to one's body.
- Agree. They may be a fad, but so what. Tacky is tacky, no matter what the herd is doing. Listen to your mother.
- They are for basura blanca.
- It's not an appealing look to me.
But if someone feels the need to imprint the story of their life on his or her skin, that's their business.
Personally, I've never felt so attached to any particular symbol that I'd want to carry it with me on my person forever.
- The people in charge do not get tattoos.
Getting multiple tattoos is akin to announcing your lack of control and status in life.
Here's the reality: the world is run by Jews, who forbid tattoos.
- I don't understand the desire to look so trashy.
- [quote]Low Class AND Low Intelligence.
That's right on target. They're akin to trailer trash.
- I don't like them especially on women.
- The world is not run by Jews. That is a fallacy those who are really in charge would like you to believe as it masks their identity and agenda. Like John Gotti did not run the Mafia, but those who did welcomed his diverting attention away from them. There are powerful Jews, and equally powerful Asians, and French and Italians. The British have dropped a bit, but they don't know it yet.
- The world's financiers are Jewish for the most part.
Hey, I didn't say it was bad, it just is.
- All of the tattoo cultures are gone. They didn't survive, they lost their power.
Maybe the secret to that is that tribalism, which is what the tattoos represented, is too insular and limited. Maybe not having tattoos make you a citizen of the world, and not a tribe or subculture.
And maybe that's for the greater good.
- As I said before, tattoos are for:
You will not get hired in a professional job with tats...ever!
- They are definitely low class and trashy.
- Tattoos are foul.
- I used to have a tattoo in my 20s before they became mainstream. Now I find tattoos to be the most revolting thing ever!
- Tattoos = cry for individual identity through easily acquired, superficially external and ironically homogeneous means instead of developing the intellect,personality,wit,humor or talent that serve to give shape to a distinctive and original human being.
- Tattoos are trash darling...trash!
- growing up it was a sign of low class. Today it doesn't seem to be, although I always think it is.
- Not only are tattoos trashy, but only tramps get their ears pierced.
- I don't know if they are low class, but except in rare cases, I find them ugly.
- I don't know a single person with tattoos who is emotionally stable. Not all tats are bad, but people who get them usually have issues. I wonder what the correlation is...
- R325, that is way too broad a generalization. There are many very stable, successful people out there who have a small tattoo on their body of their spouse's or children's initials.
If someone tattoos their whole body, that is a different story.
- First lines of End of The Affair by GG apply
- Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen more judgmental assholes then on this site. Get the fuck over yourselves you bunch of botoxed, manufactured, vapid, ticky-tacky loving, low life, dull bitches.
- I find that guys with Napoleon complex have the most tattoos. The shortest guys who must be insecure with their height always seem to go to extremes to appear more masculine, and end up looking silly.
- R330 I also find that guys with Napoleon complex make the best fuck buddies, especially if they are closeted. Well, that's if you enjoy rough sex as a bottom.
I've never really considered one for a relationship though, not sure why.
- R329 is an over tattooed, over weight single bastard factory with a few too many kids and a few too many sperm donors, who man cannot stand to be around, and is making her poor kids life miserable. She is uneducated, and will be completely fucked the day her last kid turns 18, when her free ride is over. FRAU.
- R330 Are you suggesting guys with Napoleon complex are usually tops or bottoms? I guess if the feel the have something to prove they are tops? Or their innermost feeling is the want a bigger boy to pound the fuck out of them?
- Tattoos are prison garb, and they are lower than low class - no class.
- It seems as if everyone under 25 has one. I see kids who must be only 15-16 with them. What are their parents thinking?
- R332 is elderly and friendless and takes out his anger on everyone else.
We can smell you a mile away
- Look at me! I follow trends...I'm one of the crowd!
- R336 no, I'm afraid not, fatass. Wrong as you are fat and stupid.
- Listen to your mother, OP. If you didn't know that she was right about this, then defer to her in all matters.
- I feel weird now having read all the replies but I find tattoos to be very sexy, in a macho manly kind of way. Hard ass, I guess. Not that I like rough trade - but, well, no accounting for taste I suppose.
- [quote]Tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary enthusiasm.
- [quote]"Tramp Stamps" also also particularly gross. My 28 year old niece has her name tattooed right across her back above her ass.
Obviously, your niece has a problem with getting guys to remember her name, so she decided to make it easy for them!
- [quote]I watched Kat von D's show last night, and was disgusted by her facial tattoos. I don't mind the rest of them, but why is the world would one tattoo their face with silly stars? It looks like a five year old drew the stars on.
I disagree, Kat's stars are beautiful and only enhance how gorgeous she is.
The facial tats on Bombshell McGee, otoh, only emphasize her extreme fugness.
Just last week, I saw some trashy young stroller-pushing bitch with crappily-drawn stars tattooed on exactly half of her face. Not only did it emphasize her ugliness, but the tats themselves were clearly homemade and horribly done.
- [quote]Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen more judgmental assholes then on this site. Get the fuck over yourselves you bunch of botoxed, manufactured, vapid, ticky-tacky loving, low life, dull bitches.
Wtf is ticky-tacky and why would someone love it?
- [quote]Wtf is ticky-tacky and why would someone love it?]
- I thought they were tacky and low-class until I found an amazing lover with a few of them. it's amazing how they become erotic in the right context.
- All you need to know about Nev from Catfish is that he has a tramp stamp. A TRAMP STAMP.
- My partner has the sexiest tattoo - ultra-minimal, all-black stylised wings that run from his shoulder blades down the left and right sides of his back. I've never seen the like of them on anyone else and they complement the lines of his body beautifully (especially when I'm, um, behind him). The ink-phobia overwhelming this thread (or, more accurately, the type of judgemental marys expressing such ink-phobia) actually makes me feel better about loving good ink. I'm nothing like most of you people and ever so thankful for it.
- Please post a pic, R348!
- Please don't. Nobody wants to see that shit.
- Not a fan of them.
- Tats are ugly, trashy and a deal breaker.
- some excessively hot babes have tattoos. Too many it tacky but one or two is fine
- BITD(cue geezer music) tattoos were rare, and the average joe wouldn't have considered getting one.Tattoo places were always on the seamier outskirts of town, and consequently looked down upon. Stories of acquiring tattoos always included the fact that you had to be drunk in order to get one. Military, particularly sailors, were known to have them. A preponderance of "MOM" tattoos, IIRC. In this town, there used to be a lot of boxers/prizefighters, they were tatted too. They seemed to favor a little red devil(almost cupid-like), sometimes with their name included, on their upper arms. OP: your mom may not like 'em, but my GRANDmom was adamantly opposed to them, believing them to be something only low class men(on women, it would've been unthinkable) would have. I knew damn well not to even try and get one. Lord knows what she would've thought of what's walkin' around today?
- Had to bump this because I found a good example.
- "I say tattoos are elegant and if Princess Grace was still here, she'd have full sleeves !!!"
-Celeste Holm in 2010