- OP, you couldn''t be more right!
- In my opinionation, you should go suck a dick!
Blossom, Queen of TV
- They really DID fuck the show up with her. Apparently she''ll be a regular.
- She was my second choice for Selina Kyle/Catwoman. What a knockout!
- She has her own special kind of beauty.
- I''m watching, too ... and they just showed a commercial about self-examining for testicular cancer and made a comment, "why give a diamond when you can give the family jewels." WTF?
- I stopped watching because she was on it all the time. She is not funny!!!
- I like her.
- I thought she was a neurosurgeon now and super duper religious -? Why is she acting again?
- I saw that, too, R7 and thought the same thing.%0D\
On the topic--the whole show has gone downhill. This season has sucked.
- Major lesbian face.
- I believe you mean "caneface," r12.
- To get things going they need to let Raj start talking to women - and have him come out of the closet. I think a visit from Sheldon''s never-seen Meemaw could help Raj figure out his problems. (Meemaw, by the way, should be played by Lily Tomlin.)
- They relied to heavily on Sheldon and his Asperger schtick. Which I still find funny, but the other characters are terribly underdeveloped and one-dimensional. And Sheldon''s girlfriend only adds to this issue. The excitement about her flawed personality wore off very quickly. And Johnny Galecki is getting on my nerves. He is terrible in this show. I guess developing his character was futile because the acting wouldn''t deliver anything.
- R14, my BF and I were saying the same thing last night. Not necessarily about Raj coming out, I don''t really find the guy gay, just truly sensitive. I do find in crazy adorable though and think in real life he''s likely sort of hot, or could be.\
The think with him not talking to women is old and should have stopped in Season 1. It doesn''t allow his character to be himself half the time and is just sort of silly, especially when you consider he should get comfortable around women like Penny who he''s known now for a couple of years.\
Last season they over-did the Sheldon shtick with me and I''m still sort of sick of him. They''ve backed off a bit this season likely realizing they overdid it.\
I like Wolowitz''s girlfriend. She''s used well, can act, is cute and it works. Like Penny, you can buy it. That stupid Blossom woman''s robotic delivery was asinine in her first scene and is just painful to watch now. They basically thought a female Sheldon would be hysterical but it''s just a big turn off.
- [quote]I stopped watching because she was on it all the time. She is not funny!!!\
I think she''s brilliant.\
[quote]I thought she was a neurosurgeon now and super duper religious -? Why is she acting again?\
She has a PhD in neuroscience but is not planning to pursue her academic career. She did voice-overs while she was getting her degrees, then did a movie and a number of guest spots in various series. \
She''s married with two sons, is writing a book on "holistic parenting" (whatever that is), is a vegan, and studies Judaism. Thanks, Wikipedia!\
[quote]To get things going they need to let Raj start talking to women - and have him come out of the closet. \
Raj likes women. He has sex with women. Rarely, but he has an undeniable hunger for them.
- We get it R17, you like the show and know ALL about it.\
Shouldn''t you clipping coupons or sewing little Aeriel''s pageant dress or something?
- I''m sure she''s a very nice person, but she''s absolutely hideous. She''s makes Whoopi look like Halle Berry,
- I thought the introduction of the character (essentially a female Sheldon) was cute. But I''m over it, and she''s still there. Needs to go.
- I actually like the character, but I liked her better when Bebe Neuwirth played her on CHEERS.
- Mayim is wonderful.%0D\
And yes, Raj is cute - and hot.
- I think they''ve done wonders with her character since she was introduced. Getting her involved with Penny as her "besty" and the trio of Penny, Amy and Bernadette gave some new life.%0D\
Now that Penny and Prya are talking, there may be less use for the Amy character but it still gives them more comic options, which had been dwindling at the beginning of the season.
- I hate this show with the heat of a thousand suns.
- Mayim is goregeous. She could easily be a model if she wanted to.%0D\
You people don''t know what you''re talking about.
- Sheldon''s mother is played by Laurie Metcalf as a fundie Christian. She is brilliant. The rest of the cast is a screwy mix of characters that, however irritating at times, is quite entertaining.
- R24, save your over-the-top hatred for a show worthy of your passion. With all the "reality" drek out there, there should be something worthy of your hatred.
- Amy Farrah Fowler, started off as one note, but she''s gotten progressively funny over time. And I do like the trio of women being played off the guys.%0D\
Meanwhile, I keep thinking like an adult Mayim Bialik is still a lot better to look at than Bette Midler. (She played Bette Midler as a girl in Beaches). I wanted to start a thread about that, i.e., child stars who play childhood versions of adult stars and how the comparison fares as the child actors grow up. But the oonnly othher actor I cooulld think of was Seth Green playinng a young Woody Alllen inn Radiioo days.
And yes, that is my incredibly crappy Logitech keyboard at woork.
- I love Amy Farrah Fowler! The Big Bang Theory is my favourite show and I adore all of the characters.
- I could not agree with you more.
Her character is something I loathe because it almost makes the entire first 3 Season of Sheldon not Sheldon anymore, and I cannot stand it. When she appears I change the channel now.
- I love the girls in The Big Bang Theory. I especially love the episode of Amy giving Penny a comissioned painting of them both with Bernadette commeting about Penny's manhands in that hideous monstrosity behind Amy's back.
I wonder if Howard quit the astronaut program? I don't think it was mentioned when he had his terrible but hilarious experience at that training visit.
- I think he's still in the program, but I didn't see the last episode yet.
- I love the girls. I didn't like Amy at first, but she has since grown on me and now I adore her.
- Stupid? Darling she is smarter than you, your Mother and your Father combined.
- I fucking love this show AND she has grown on me.
Found it hilarious when she gave Penny that huge painted picture of herself and then expected Penny to keep it prominently displayed.
- W&W r2
- [quote]I'm sure she's a very nice person, but she's absolutely hideous. She's makes Whoopi look like Halle Berry,
So? All the guys with the exception of Raj (who is only kind of cute) are total dogs in the looks department. Wolowitz and Sheldon are FUG, no way around that. Leonard is only a slight step above them. The lack of any male eye candy is what kept me from watching for 3 years.
- R22 and R37 = Raj's mom
- I just started watching the show on TBS - never saw it before.
Why does Galecki feel the need to put on that nasally voice? It's too over-the-top to be funny.
- This show isn't funny at all.
- I stopped watching over a year ago when I found out Amy would be upgraded to series regular.. it was the last straw for me. She is awkward, painfully unfunny, annoying and.. did I mention annoying? It also doesn't help that Amy is totally changing Sheldon, and not for the better.. nah, Sheldon was supposed to be asexual.. now he's just a stupid horn dog. It's a complete and utter cop out and a retcon of his character. I liked that he was asexual, his view on sex was hilarious.. and now he's one of them. I don't find it realistic at all.
- I think the show is funny. But the weakest acting link is Galecki imho. So one-note, not showing any range, no matter what the writers throw at him.
- I personaly love the Amy Farrah Fowler character, and think she's good for the show. It was getting STALE before fore she was introduced.
BTW, the higher rating says she stays.
- What are you talking about r41? He's not a horn dog.
- Sheldon is not a "horndog." Do you even watch the show? When he recently fled to Amy's apartment for the night they made a joke out of his sleeping on the couch. Amy said, "There's only so many times a girl can offer her bed." And this week, Sheldon's obligation to go to the birthday party with Amy was due to their "friendship agreement," not because they have a sexual relationship.
- I don't catch every episode, but from what I understand, he's still asexual. They're boyfriend/girlfriend in name only (and per written agreement). He and Amy don't ever actually touch, and Amy has a lez crush on Penny anyway.
- Isn't Sheldon a virgin?
- per written agreement.... I love that shit.
Sheldon is always bringing up the roommate agreement.
- Amy is the horndog, not Sheldon. A very frustrated horndog.
- In the latest episode Penny cracks a joke that Sheldon has not yet hit puberty (so Amy cannot use witholding sex to pressure Sheldon into treating her better). While Sheldon is a genius he's quite a spoiled infant brat in social situations. Was it ever established that Sheldon has Asbergers? The show occasionally makes a joke about his religious mom testing him for being crazy, but the test results were negative or something like that.
- I've only been watching the reruns on TBS. Love Sheldon - funniest TV character in years. The other guys are pretty funny too. Love Penny, love Amy.
Now which one is Bernadette and which one is Sara Gilbert?
- Love her, too. They can't ALL be male or blonde. Tsk.
- [quote]ruining The Big Bang Theory!
Isn't that like stepping on a bag of flaming dog shit?
How much worse can it get?
- your in my spot
- R37, it is a pity you missed the muscle hunk eye candy, Penny's ex boyfriend coming to the Holloween party. See what hate and indifference and being opinionated do to you?
- I'm a fan of Amy Farrah Fowler too. Bernadette is the one I can't stand - that voice is nails on a chalkboard.
- Blossom wrote a book about parenting. She may have a PhD in neuro physics but her parenting theories are scary. Nursing her children beyond age 2 (and talking about friends who nurse till their children are age 5), never using diapers, even on infants, sleeping in one bed with your children (when you have plenty of room in your house...)
- "which one is Sara Gilbert?"
The one who doesn't use the shitbra.
- She's ok but I wish they would show more Sara Gilbert. She and Sheldon are perfect for each other. He doesn't have any chemistry with Raj's sister.
- Here is a video of her on NIghtline from this week where she talks about her nutty parenting practices. She flat out admits that her kids were never put down when they were babies. Those are going to be some hellacious brats... if they aren't already.
- If she'd put on those Blossom hats, all would be forgiven.
- Love her, she is funny and a perfect match for Sheldon.
- Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon. She appears in a few episodes. She was also the girlfriend of Leonard for a while.
- [quote]If she'd put on those Blossom hats, all would be forgiven.
- I like the show, and at first I didn't care for the Amy gal, but she's developed into an interestingly funny character. I get a kick out of her lesbian passes with Cuoco gal. Sheldon has been burdened with carrying this show, and the galecki guy is rather boring. Raj is the custest thing since vegetable curry and the Jew boy, Simon somebody, is hilarious. Bernadette is extremely funny while Cuoco is simply eyecandy for the straight males watching the show.
- [quote]Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon.
I'm not a fan of Sara on this show.
- Not near enough Laurie Metcalf on the show. She is so funny as Sheldon's mother.
Raj is fucking hot as hell. I saw a show last night where he strips down in a cafe and there was some nice fur action going on.
It's always fun to play "spot the bulge" when Galecki is on camera.
- Kunal Nayyar
- Kunal weds Miss India
- [quote]Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon. She appears in a few episodes. She was also the girlfriend of Leonard for a while.
Sara did a parody of "Blossom" on SNL. It was ugly.
- I just caught the rerun where Sheldon is modifying Penny's behavior by rewarding her with chocolates, and that was a great episode.
I'm not crazy about a lot of what they do with the main characters, but guys like the owner of the comic book store and the guy who speaks with the lisp are pwetty funny.
- That hideous troll in the link posted by R68 is the one some of you are calling cute? Ugh!
- Agree R62 I think Amy is a fantastic addition to the show
I started watching it when she came on
You other idiots can go blow yourselves
- That link about Kunal is interesting 'unfortunately his Big Bang Co-Stars couldn't make it' to the wedding. Do they all hate him?
- What else is annoying about Galecki is that he is always squinting and looking up. Always.
- [quote]his Big Bang Co-Stars couldn't make it' to the wedding. Do they all hate him?
India is very far away.
- Love the show! Especially the exchanges between Howard and his off camera mother.
I agree R60, those kids will probably grow up to be both physically and verbally abusive to the parents.
- India is very far away.
The wedding took place over SIX days.
ALL of them make over $50,000 a week.
And NOBODY could pony up the time or expense?
Lazy ass cheap fucks.
Jim, his cute husband and Otis, at least, should have gone.
- It's possible that they were trying to avoid the media circus the whole cast being there would have created.
This is the first I'm hearing that he's even married, so maybe he wanted it that way.
- I think this is a case of comparing ordinary shit and shit with corn in it. Both stink, but one is slightly more fascinating.
- It's a funny show and she's very funny.
The BBT crap is odd and silly. Not funny.
- Who from BBT would care what anyone from DL thinks? They're all making money, making great ratings.
- R72 That's what I was thinking. That guy is hideous, not cute!
- They had to add this dreadful, idiotic character because the show was getting a large male following.
...and of course, in America, anything which appeals to men just will not do until and unless it's ruined and fucked up by and for women.
- I love the show. I would want to see more of Sara Gilbert, but Mayim is great. The only addition that I feel meh about is Raj's sister.
- And, R84, of course, it can't then have a gay character either. Both Shelden and Raj's characters could have easily been gay but the pussy straight men couldn't handle that.
- I like Amy Farah Fowler -- I loved the way they introduced her girl crush on Penny from the first and how she carries it to the extreme logic of a scientific mind.
Her first three sentences to Penny:
"Are you a lesbian?"
"Please don't stare at my breasts."
- Uhm, ladies?
She has a PHD in Neuroscience.
- Quand Sheldon va effectuer le cunnilingus sur Amy?
- J'adore AFF. And Raj is a major hottie.
- Nice show about geeks. The introduction of the girlfriends (apart from Raj's sister) was a great idea and keeps the show 'fresh'.
They have some great recurring guest stars, like the mothers of Sheldon and Leonard, Raj's parents, Stuart (the comic shop owner), Kripke, and Zack (Penny's himbo ex-boyfriend).
- The female characters are all good...and Raj's sister is played unlikable (too perfect) on purpose - so that the other three can gang up on her, with hilarious results.
- One of the funniest scenes is Kripke and Stuart (in a towel) singing Don't Go Breaking My Heart while Levar Burton comes in.
- [quote]They have some great recurring guest stars, like the mothers of Sheldon and Leonard, Raj's parents, Stuart (the comic shop owner), Kripke, and Zack (Penny's himbo ex-boyfriend).
Stuart gets some great lines, and when they do the inevitable spin-off, his character could handle his own show.
- Amy: Should I go? I've been told, sometimes, I overstay my welcome.
Leonard: Wha ... who told you that?
Amy: Well, most recently my gynecologist.
- Bialik's recent performances on the show have gotten away from the wooden mannerisms; the Fowler character is now rather touching.
- I like how TBBT producers/creators have allowed their characters to grow and mature.
- r93, that's not exactly right. Stuart performs 'Walking on Sunshine' with Kripke and Zach when Lavar Burton pops in. 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' was a Kripke and Zack duo karaoke performance. The episode is quite hilarious.
One of my favorite episodes is The Love Car Replacement where the gang goes on a road trip with two separate cars to a panel discussion with guest star Rick Fox as Bernadette's exboyfriend.
- Yes, you are right R98. I conflated the two performances.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe it's your vision of Amy that's ugly? The only thing I don't like about any of the characters is Bernadette's voice. This is seen/heard as funny in the U.S., in the U.K. it'd be described as squeaky and annoying. And lighten up, people, it's a comedy not a documentary!
- Mayim's Old Navy commercials are quite fun too, especially at the end... "Oh... Joe!"
- I'm only now catching reruns and haven't got past season 2. So far her character is alright. Sheldon trying to get her laid because her libido has suddenly sprung to life was pretty funny.
- Mayim, if that's really you, I just love the first two replies in this thread! I always thought you were having fun playing Amy and were nothing like her in real life... and even if opinionation isn't a real word, it should be...
- I think Sheldon and Leslie Winkle should have got together, if only because it's so unlikely. You can just imagine it - one of their name-calling sessions, then the pause, then the clinch...
- R100 - That's not Melissa's real voice, btw. She did it for the character. I think it suits the character.
- You can hear what I assume is her real voice (or pretty close) on her first appearance on the show. It's the ep where Penny first set her up with Howard.
- I know it's Bernadette's voice, not Melissa's, and it does suit the character. No criticism of the actress was intended, just personal taste, although I think the U.S./U.K. thing does apply. There was a U.K. comedy series - 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' (U.K. 'crisps' = U.S. 'potato chips') which had a similar-voiced character and it fitted her because she was an annoying prat, the voice (also not the actress' real voice) just added to the effect.
In the U.K. we're up to the middle of series 5. Looking forward to Stephen Hawking's appearance - can't wait to see how him and Sheldon get on!
- Like Karen Walker's voice became a shrill almost indecipherable screech that was far different from the first few shows, the Bernadette character needs to take it down some.
On the other hand, when they had her go into an almost exact duplication of Mrs Wolowitz's voice, I practically fell off the couch laughing.
Nothing I love more than seeing Sheldon confused as to what to do about something that he doesn't understand. Standing still, looking around for some kind of guidance that never comes to him. Jim Parsons is a comic genius.
- Karen Walker, yes, I knew there was another one, just couldn't think of the show.
Poor Howard - he's doomed!
- The writers need to use some of their brilliance and get Raj out of the corner tney've painted him into.
Bernadette and Amy came onboard as one-joke, one-note characters and they've been able to flesh their characters out and make them interesting. They should be able to do something better with Raj who is just desperate and pathetic now.
- I thought she was brilliant in the episode where Shelton buys her a tiara.
- They need to take her character off the show. She isn't funny.
- They turned the show into the nerd version of friends when they added the Amy and Bernedette characters as regulars.
- I started watching Big Bang theory BECAUSE of Amy.
- I thought Amy's reaction to Penny's old boyfriend, Zack, was terrifically funny. Her little "hooo" whenever she saw him was perfect.
"Zack" was on The Amazing Race with his brother several seasons back. They quickly became favorites with the viewers with their offbeat and very funny interactions with each other. His brother is in several commercials being run now.
- The girls are all very funny. I think they've gone too far with the Amy-going-for-Sheldon bit, though.
And they need to tell the Raj actor that they'll add to his subplots if he loses weight. He's getting so fat it's disgusting.
- she was quite funny when she got a tiara
- Don't know about the future
That's anybody's guess
But one thing we're hoping is that Bosom gets breasts
Right now her figures a stick pencil
But I'll give you a piece of my mind
And in my opinionation
Bosom's bosom one day will shine.
- We love Amy!
- That's Miyim Bialak? I thought it was Penny Marshall!!!
- What I like is the subtle but persistent undertone of unspoken homo desire between Raj and Wolowitz, but both are too straight-edged to acknowledge it properly.
You also notice that frantic skirtchaser Wolowitz really stops all that when he gets with Bernadette and becomes his homely, settled one-woman guy who doesn't much look at anything else.
There's also loads of unrequited gay tension between Penny and Amy. Amy is basically a hardcore, sock-wearing lesbian and Penny is a terrified straight girl who cannot get away from her. It's hilarious. The painting of Penny and Amy with Penny's 'manly hands' I think sort of symbolises that Amy would love for Penny to be her man, or her protector and that's she's submissive to Penny in her imagination.
I think my fav homo moment was when Sheldon unwittingly asked that HOT guy in the campus canteen for his number for a sexual hookup (intended for Penny) but of course the guy thought he was being asked by Sheldon and seemed delighted. Superb little moments like that.
I also boggle at how Leonard manages to snag all the women. It just seems beyond the realms of possibility but then some guys do have that under the radar appeal.
Sheldon's mom and Leslie Winkle are two major favs of mine. I also like Kripky (sp?). He gets hotter in a geeky way every time I see him because he's quite forceful and manly with his nerdiness and he's always up for a fight with Sheldon. There might be some unresolved tension there but it's played well enough to be written off as just rivalry.
They're such nerds, I love this show, and all the characters. I'm always surprised how anyone can pick holes in it.
- Moron, haven't you noticed that the men have horse faces?
Why the hell don't you write about that?
- I wish the men from the big bang theory were not so ugly! Especially the jewish guy.
- I would watch the show more often in the men were not sooo fugly!
- The show was ruined once the guys started to get women. the whole premise of the show was four nerds who could not get girls and that was funny. Now Wolowicz is married? ridiculous. the show has jumped the shark and thats unfortunate.
- This is the best comedy on tv and has been since it's debut. Great writing. Every episode has a laugh out loud moment . Thoughtful casting. Laurie Metcalf is brilliant as Sheldon's mother. Great chemistry. All the actors, even the bit players, play off each other beautifully. It rates right up there with the great comedies of the fifties. And then there is Jim Parsons. Genius. He has brought to life a character as original and iconic as Lucy Ricardo, Ralph Kramden, Diane Chambers, Kramer, well, you get the idea. Amy is the perfect foil for Sheldon. They are one of tv's quirkiest and most endearing couples. Love them both and I hope they each bring home an Emmy this year.
- R125, as you eat that turd taco you apparently relish, would you mind using consistently correct punctuation so that you can appear at least minimally normal? Your laziness and/or stupidity are distracting when we try to focus on your brown teeth.
- Love this show..That is all. Jim Parsons is the funniest man on TV.
- Jim Parsons is wonderfully gifted and MB as Amy has been a good foil.
- Love it. And I love Amy.
- [quote]Leonard manages to snag all the women. It just seems beyond the realms of possibility but then some guys do have that under the radar appeal.
Magical thinking and the millionth attempt by Hollywood at social engineering.
Victim cultures were behind the Sexual Revolution, as well. It was their only way to get dates with elite feminine stereotypical women.
- How many women has Leonard snagged in five years? Penny. Raj's annoying sister.Sara Rue's character. Sara Gilbert's character. Maybe one more.
- Hate the Priya character.
- Did I miss the season premiere? If not, when is it?
The new season begins next Thursday.
- season 6 premieres September 27th.
- I think the funniest season was season 2. The episode where Penny gives Sheldon that napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy is classic and then she tells him he wiped his face on it and Sheldon freaks because he got Nimoy's DNA.
- Thanks, r135 and r136.
- r124, you think the men on that show are ugly? Well, the guy who plays Raj certainly isn't and Sheldon is cute in his own way.
- R137 - That's one of my favorite episodes, especially when Sheldon hugs Penny. But I do like the addition of Amy and Bernadette.
- Another great one is when Sheldon got drunk before he had to give a speech for an award he received at the university. He ended up taking his pants off and mooning the audience.
- New cast picture.
- Interesting fact:
Kaley Cuoco means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian.
- I think Jim Parsons is cute though I'm not loving the longer hair. I think the shorter cut is more flattering and gives Sheldon an otherworldly look that fits the character. Guys like Leonard get girls because he is sensitive, funny and smart. And when Galecki loses the glasses he's quite attractive. Helgerg has a face made for comedy. And I mean that in the best way. He is a brilliant comic actor. And the writers know it. He gets the best lines. It's rumored that Raj will get a love interest this season and I hope it's true. Kaley doesn't seem to get the attention Parsons does but she is no less talented and Penney's love/hate relationship with Sheldon has mined some of the best moments on the show. In a parallel universe, Penny would be Sheldon's dream girl. And that makes me smile.
- apologies for the typo. that would be Simon HelBerg
- This show was only good the first two seasons. Since then the writting has dropped in quality. Blaming actors just doesn't cut it with me. It was a cute show at first but from season three onward they were just recycling jokes from seasons one and two, only with girlfriends. The only really good long running comedy on TV these days is The Office.
- I think The Office has been in decline since the fifth season.
- I want to see Amy end up with Lesie Winkle. Not only would they make a great couple, but Sheldon would have fit if he lost a non-girlfriend to his professional rival.
I want to see more of Leslie anyway, the bad girl of the Cal Tech physics department. Wha a character!
- R148 - I love Leslie Winkle, and Amy would be great with her.
Kaley (Penny) lost the weight she put on the last two seasons, and her arms look great.
- did anyone else notice that amy cant move her hand for the past 3 episodes of season 5 (e 2,3,4). also it looks fake and unrealistic, i always thought that there was something wrong with her arm this just proves it.
- Mayim Bialik was in a car accident and almost lost her hand r150
- Get a load of Nancy Drew @r150. "fake and unrealistic". The new slogan for FOX NEWS.
- Jim Parsons is the sexiest, thinking of Jim gives me the most amazing orgasms I've ever had in my life. Thank you Jim!
- Don't worry. TBBT blew long before she showed up.
- Sheldon, Wolowitz, Stuart, Kripke and Leslie Winkle are my favs.
- I love the whole cast OP is an ass.
- Damnit. I can't find the Is Raj gay thread so I will post it here:
Raj (about being best buds with Stewart now): It's like we both had these holes in our lives and now we fill each others' holes!
Later a grumpy Howard Wolowitz about Raj: At least my mother made her boyfriend climb out the window!
- Nice try. OP is right. It's a fun cast, and then there's that Mayam chick. Once she was added to the cast, the show started going downhill. It's just gasping for air now. I like it, and I watch it...but it's so over.
- Mayim is a hoot, I'm glad she's a regular now.
Fun (or more like sad) fact:
Johnny Galecki and Sara Gilbert (Leslie) both attended Glenn Quinn's funeral. All three were on Roseanne back in the day.
- I wonder if Galecki suggested Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf for the parts of Leslie Winkle and Mary Cooper? They are both perfect in their roles and it is a testament to how good they are that I don't even think of them all as being former "Roseanne" cast members.
- R160 - perhaps. Johnny played Darlene's boyfriend.
- Creator/producer Chuck Lorre was a writer on Roseanne during the Tom Arnold years.
Chuck Lorre wrote him some Cybil.
I'm surprised that Goodman hasn't shown up [he'd make a great Penny dad]..
Glad Baranski, Metcaf, and Gilbert did.
BYW, Galecki didn't have to suggest; Lorre hired them for the same reason he hired Galecki.
Easy to work with professional.
[Sheen was an anomaly.]
- Not watching Big Bang show anymore! Helberg is an asshole for saying horrible things about his own daughter on Craig Fergson show. So tired of men using the poor unfortunate women in their lives to get a laugh!!!! What poor actors, comidians and writers.
Blossom is just fine as are all women!!!!! Men are assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure Jim needed the help as well as LeoNERD character needed PENNY!!!!!!!!!! men are nothing W/O WOMEN!!!!! That is why God knew women had to be created.
- R162 Penny's dad was already played by Keith Carradine.
Casey Sander, who was a regular on "Grace Under Fire," another Lorre show, plays Bernadette's dad.
- r163 is a nut job. Helberg didn't say anything bad about his daughter. He was a proud Papa. Ferguson was the one disparaging children under two years old. And he was kidding. He has a son that age. Helberg was trying to tell the story of how he discovered that his daughter got her first tooth and Ferguson kept interrupting him. Did you watch the show or lip read with the sound off?
- I just love Amy Fowler, she makes me happy :)
- R15 Ever since the (rare) condition of Asberger Syndrome was popularized, every oddball is said to have it. They don't. If anything, it has confused efforts to diagnose autism properly. Shelton does not have it.
- now now, Mayim Bailik beat the odds and was able to get onto another hit show and to match her up with the comic genius Jim Parsons was a stroke of casting heaven. Her character has introduced a new dynamic in the show that makes it even better. Her character has evolved from a female Sheldon to a love lorn Geek. She has made the show better. Her character's infatuation with Penny has made some of the funniest moments in the show.
- When will the man hate stop R163? Maybe therapy will help. You obviously need it.
- Jim parsons is hot.
- No, I've defended the show upthread (about a year ago) but this season's gone to shit. Amy is nothing but a horny loser obsessing over a douchey fuggo like Sheldon and Penny is not too far from being the same towards fatty Galecki.
The Howard character has improved a lot though.
- [quote]No, I've defended the show upthread (about a year ago) but this season's gone to shit.
I agree. Not surprising though - the show is in it's 6th season and it seems that most long running shows start wearing thin by the time they get to the 6th season.
- Then why are the ratings higher than ever, and climbing every week?
- R173 = Blossom
Just because ratings are high doesn't mean the quality is good. It's simply a matter of long-running shows having dedicated viewers who feel that they've invested to much time to stop watching now. Friends, ER, and How I Met Your Mother are all perfect examples of this.
- Anyone else think Kripke is kind of sexy? I don't know why but I want to fuck him.
- R175 Nope, just you. He's all yours.
- R74, that doesn't make sense. You say it's due to loyal viewers who feel they've watched to long to give up now, but the ratings KEEP GOING UP HIGHER AND HIGHER. Obviously if it were only loyal die hard viewers, the ratings would stay relatively level, give or take. Instead, it's been a steady, steep climb.
- Amy deserves to remain on this show for her 'Tiara' scene alone. Best comedy scene that year imho.
- Fuck you to anyone who doesn't like the Amy character. Change the channel and go watch old episodes of Golden Girls.
- [quote]Her character's infatuation with Penny has made some of the funniest moments in the show.
I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.
Anyone think we'll see anything like that any time soon?
Stupid lesbians don't know how good they've got it.
- R180 Another reason not to watch this stupid show. So sick of all the faux-bi female shit. Why can't it ever be bi-curious men?
- Big hug for r179 :)
- Raj has exhibited some undertones of same sex attraction. It's not stated directly, but it is played with (no pun intended).
- [quote]I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.
I guess you don't know me, my best bud Scott, our token gay friend Danny, and my love/hate fuck buddy Derek?
- They started with the bi-curious, gay angle with Raj years ago and it looked like they were going to make him gay. But then they got scared, probably figuring people already thought all their chracters were gay, since being butch was hardly a leading quality.
Now supposedly Raj will have a real girlfriend. It will be interesting to see how they do this since they still are carrying on with this "can't talk unless drunk" crap.
- [quote] It's simply a matter of long-running shows having dedicated viewers who feel that they've invested to much time to stop watching now. Friends, ER, and How I Met Your Mother are all perfect examples of this.
While you can make a case for "ER" and "Friends" "How I Met Your Mother" is not a hit ratings wise
It's year end ratings were/are
54 2005 - 2006
61 2006 - 2007
70 2007 - 2008
49 2008 - 2009
42 2009 - 2010
48 2010 - 2011
45 2011 - 2012
Year end rating -> Rating year
- One and one is two
There's no dividing me and you
The numbers don't add up
When I minus you there's no solution
It's as simple as can be
Like the sum of you and me
Just the right amounts
And that's what counts
- [R178] I loved that tiara scene! That was hilarious! Biaylik may not be conventionally pretty or play a sympathetic character but the writers have given her more to work with and Mayim Bialik is genuinely very talented. A lot of the fan boys don't like the original premise messed with but the characters have to breathe and grow. Howard can't be a horndog living at home forever.
While I'm in no hurry for the Sheldon character to actually have sex, I'm thrilled that he actually has a girlfriend, as uncomfortable as it is for him. She's as smart as he is, she calls his bluff and makes him do things he doesn't want to. Hurray for Amy!
- Only Leslie Winkle was a good foil for Sheldon.
They should bring her back.
- They've outgrown the one-note Leslie Winkle character. And Sarah can only do one note.
- [quote]I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.
How about Leonard's infatuation with David Underhill?
- I liked Mayim on "Blossom", but I just don't like her on this show (then again, I don't like the show at all).
- Then why the fuck do you watch it, R192, and why the fuck are you commenting on this thread?
- R193 Did you really think that a thread titled, "That STUPID fugly Blossom chick is ruining The Big Bang Theory!" was going to be a fan thread??? And where did I write that I watch the show on a regular basis?
Dumb ass motherfucker.
Who's the stupid one?
- Bless your heart, R194, you hateful little thing you.
- It's a good thing, for many of you, that someone's worth is not tied directly to their appearance.
- I work in a hospital and have noticed that this show has replaced "Two and a Half Men" as the senior citizen favorite.
- Brenda Morgenstern > Amy Farah Fowler
- R197 Do they know Jim Parsons is gay? Tell them and they will switch back.
- i didn't know it was possible to be more annoying than that purse lipped gay faced queen. yuck!
- Is she ruining the show or is it the writers?
I thought when she was first on the show she was pretty good and not a bad addition...and than over night she became a sex hound wanting not only Sheldon but also Penny.
Than her character started to go down hill. To this day I have no clue why Penny and Bernadette hang out with her. They don't like her.
- Well she,s one of my favorites. I love them all. Great cast
- The Sheldon character is ruining the show. He's become a whiny, self-entitled, selfish douche. I don't know why anyone would still be his friend especially Amy. She is really pathetic to put up with his crap. It's another reason to dislike her.
- This whole show has gone down the drain the past season.
- I don't mind her. But it kind of bugs me that they brought her character in to make Sheldon seem straight when he so obviously isn't. Better they should have left him as an Aspie without any sexual insight or awareness.
- They didn't bring her character in to make Sheldon look straight.
- Sounds like someone got turned down, by even the ugliest girl in class.
- she crashed the gay bar
- I love her, as do most of the viewers.
- The gay innuendos between Raj and Howard are nothing of the sort, THEY don't view them as such(Howard's lightbulb DOES go on a few times, while Raj NEVER sees the gay angle to their conversations) Both are good friends, and therefore, not above being honest and talking about what transpires between them. Of course, the writers want to drive that point home, just to mine another laugh or two. And now, as Ma Hofstadter says, "I have to urinate."
- I totally agree. I wish they had either picked a different actress or not created Amy at all.
- Howard and Raj are the new Chandler and Joey.
- The show has gotten very bad. The science/nerd angle has given way to Friends. The big difference between TBBT and Friends is Friends had far better writing. TBBT has become impossible to watch.
- R213 I agree. The show has lost its' way.
- Was this show ever really funny? Sheldon is so fucking annoying
- The Thanksgiving episode where Sheldon and Bernadette's father bond over football and beer was hilarious. And it's always good to see Zach.This show still makes me laugh out loud. I will never understand the concept of hate watching. It seems that the show's most venomous critics watch it every week and then come here to complain. I offer you a puzzled expression and a snort of derision.
- R216/Jim Parsons, is that you?
- Bazinga R215!
- This show has needed to die for a while.
- R215 the show used to be much funnier. I don't blame Mayim for that. It just happens as sitcoms get set in their ways.
- R220, Mayim is annoying as hell, awkward to watch, and just overall cringeworthy. I've read lots of people stopped watching after she was added, or they continue to watch, they just don't like Amy and want her killed off.
- Amy has added a lot to the show, as has Bernadette.
- [quote]Mayim is annoying as hell, awkward to watch, and just overall cringeworthy.
I agree. I can't stand her character. I don't know why so many people think she's funny. She's not.
- Added a lot to the show? If you mean annoyance and lesbianism, then yes.. she has added a lot! LMAO. Are you insane? She's the worst character added to any show. She's awful. I can't believe she has any fans at all. As I said, Amy is hated everywhere. She only has a few crazy stans, much like yourself.
- she is nasty!!!!!!
can't stand her!!!!!
get rid of her!!!!!
- She's not funny.
- I can't stand her at all. The show went down the drain after her character came on.
- There's no radar strong enough to locate Leonard's 'charm.' Galecki looks like Vincent van Gopher, about five foot one with that huge head, pee- hole squinty eyes and monobrow. And 'sensitive'? When he was with Priya (yeah that could happen) he was ready to end his friendship with Penny because the Indian beyotch was jealous! Add in his whiny, smothering insecurity and I can say I hate this character completely.
- You're an idiot.
- Thanks for that cogent response R229
- She is a first class person.. However her character on this show is truly horrible.. Shame on the writers and executives for providing her with juvenile and frankly pathetic material.. Friends and I rarely watch an entire episode anymore 😟
- DL will be thrilled to know that Lego is coming out with a Mini Big Bang set. They look kind of creepy. I have no idea who would actually buy this stuff. Well nerds and geeks and I guess there may be quite a few of them around.
- I don't know if I've posted her before or not but I loathe the Amy character.
They've gone back to her being all inappropriate and gross with Penny again. I thought they were past that. They had stopped doing it for a while.
It's crriminal that those people make that much money.
The show is not that funny anymore and it has turned into a Friends wannabe.
- You are mostly a bunch of hateful and angry at life meeples. Small and colorful.
I love 'that blossom chick'. IMPO, she saved the show.
Now stop being so horrible. Go figure out why you hate life so much and quit saying such ugly things. Find happiness instead of bitter. I think you need some Jesus. :)
- Wow ... can't believe someone dug this up. But I'll take the opportunity to say that this show is officially in the crapper. Used to be a big fan, but this season has been lame and unfunny. The only time in the last couple of seasons it has been funny are with guests stars (Bob Newhart and Billy Bob Thorton), which goes to show they have run out of stories for the characters. Characters are predictable, stories are nonexistant. And WTF was with the Thanksgiving episode where Raj's father sat in the background with only a few lines to say?! They finally bring one of Raj's parents on after all these years for ... nothing? Ironic the stars are getting a million an episode now because it is at the lowest in quality ever.
- You're absolutely right, OP and R235.
- Blossom and the girlfriend of the Indian guy are ruining the show. Occasionally Blossom is funny but normally she is a Debbie Downer type character who disrupts the flow of the show. Raj's girlfriend is so annoying.
- This past show was interesting. I read here on one of the many threads that Penny and Sheldon would be interesting. I agree.
I want them to be end game now.
He challenges her and she makes him dig into his feelings and questions his actions.
I can't unsee it now.
- I love Amy, she's adorkable when she smiles.
I am glad that Raj's girlfriend is gone. Raj is hot.
- I agree. Raj is the hottest guy on the show.
- I don't need to watch visually unpleasant things so I stopped watching the show once she became a regular. She's grating.
- I can't stand her either. I have no idea why she's popular.
- It's funny that she wants Penny AND Sheldon and is just generally horny. I've always found her a delight.
- love her. hope they keep her, she is funny as heck