- Not invited or just not available at the time? Harrison wasn''t on either.
- Hal Sparks tweeted that he wasn''t invited.
- It''s because I''m a douchebag
- Wow, still bad blood?\
Any details about who was there and maybe a transcript of the interview session?
- Scott Lowell, Thea and Michelle were there. Gale, Peter, Bobby Gant and Sharon Gless called in. Scott got the cast together.
- Guess Harrison isn''t having any, ever.
- What did they have to say?
- that show was horrible
coming from someone who usually can find enjoyment in cheesy gay stuff
- Did Chris Potter call? He was my favorite cast member.
- Harrison went to that QAF/L word convention in Paris in October, though. None of the rest of the cast did.
- Isn''t Randy still doing that play in Washington?\
He could have called in, I guess.
- A dude''s breath smells like dog breath
- Is the bad blood between Hal and everyone or just Hal and Gale?
- What did Gale contribute?
- This show was bad, had horrible casting and should be forgotten.
- Love the show for its light entertainment. Never took it as serious as some other guys did.
- Hal has slagged Gale off consistently to anyone who would listen for years now. He used to talk about Randy Harrison too but backtracked on that, probably because he was alienating some of his frau fans.\
I watched a QAF reunion lunch that was filmed a couple of years ago. Hal Sparks seemed pissed off throughout. He wasn''t the centre of attention, of course, so that might have been the reason.\
The fact that he wasn''t asked to participate in a radio reunion probably speaks for itself.
- What exactly has he said about Gale, R18?%0D\
ITA about the reunion - it was fun to watch Hal get totally overlooked whilst the others enjoyed themselves:)
- Whatever. Look at my tongue!
- LMAO! It is kinda long isn''t it?
- r20 - MY EYES!!!!\
r19 - at the risk of rehashing all of the Sparks'' vitriol - he has always said in interviews that two members of the cast were "unprofessional" because they, among other things, questioned their character development. That was clearly Gale Harold and Randy Harrison. Since they (not Sparks) were clearly the two leads I don''t think it is surprising they may have questioned some of the ridiculous plots.\
He also targeted Gale Harold accusing him of being sexually confused etc. As if being bisexual is some sort of "crime".\
As Camille Grammer would say Hal Sparks is simply jealous that he did not get the attention/adoration he felt he deserved.
- What is the deal with Harold?
- Hal wasn''t invited? Well, I guess that pretty much says it all, doesn''t it? %0D\
I think Gale was calling from Vancouver since he''s filming Hellcats right now. %0D\
It''s a shame nobody even mention Randy. But it was nice to hear them all back together again.%0D\
Hal did say to a fan one time that he thought "Gale didn''t know what he was" as far as his sexual orientation.
- If Gale and Randy questioned their character''s plot development then that is something to be commended on. Not "unprofessional" at all. An actor is supposed to live and breathe his character and a good professional would know if their character would truly behave or speak in such a way.\
If you''re just in it for the paycheck then I guess you''d be more apt to just sit down and shut up...
- Scott Lowell: Randy was invited but never responded, sadly. We missed him as well.%0D\
On his facebook.
- Oooo, Randy must be over them all, including Gale (who he was never into to begin with, I''m sure).
- Harold seems so low-key. You don''t hear or see much of him. His IMDB page says he used to be a motorcycle mechanic. I find that hot. Cheesy gay porn hot.
- I agree, r29. He is low-key. The 1 and only time I met him in NYC he spoke softly and almost seemed shy when I asked for his autograph. Very unassuming. He was very nice though. He signed a playbill for me and 1 for my friend. And he''s beautiful in person.
- Wasn''t Hal Sparks difficult to work with?
- Hal annoys the crap out of me - sorry Hal fans - he just does!!%0D\
When did Hal call Gale ''sexually confused''?%0D\
Sad that Randy didn''t call in:(
- I don''t think Randy''s Shakespeare thing is on anymore in DC. He''s moved on.
- Can someone please say what Gale talked about during the interview?
- Michelle and Scott did most of the talking..Gale didn''t really say much at all
- I know! I was waiting for Michelle to draw breath!
- Was Peter in the show? I haven''t heard anything about him since the show ended. %0D\
Is Scott gay? I always got the vib that he was.
- I enjoyed the show and thought the storyline about drug addiction was done well.%0D\
But the show kind of died for me when their idea of standing up for gay rights became protesting the closing of a backroom of a gay dance club.
- Not sure about Scott, but I think Gale is bi...
- I think Sparks'' comments were all tongue in cheek. He''s a comedian and that''s his shtick. I don''t think his castmates ever took any of what he said personally. Whether the actors got along or not, they had great chemistry with each other, and the Michael & Brian friendship was one of the most touching and real elements of the series. And I doubt he''s a phobe. A straight guy has to be extremely comfortable with himself and his sexuality to make out with other guys and get fucked (well, simulating getting fucked) on screen.
- Supposedly Hal was an ass behind the scenes screwing his castmates over when it came to salary negotiations. They were supposed to be one united front, but Hal did his own little scheme and played the production against the other castmates and in the end instead of a salary raise the workloud (= amount of episodes) was shortened.\
Neverless Michael and Ben is my main interest in the show. And I usually watch the Michael / Ben centric episodes.
- Sorry. workload.
- Which comments were tongue in cheek, R 40? His comments about Gale''s sexuality? Because he has said various things about Gale over the years - and none of it has been funny!
- I love the idea that Hal Sparks is a ''comedian''. Yeah, and I''m a size 4.
- Whatever. Look at my tongue!%0D
- Whatever. Look at my tongue!
- Stop posting pictures of his tongue! I feel violated!
- Perhaps he wasn''t invited because nobody likes him? Just a thought...
- I notice Hal''s QAF character was the only one in the show who never tops,even the flaming Emmett and Justin tops once in awhile and Brian bottoms for Justin. I find that interesting
- When did Brian bottom for Justin? Don''t ever recall that. Michael was perfect as a bottom. Hal really got into those scenes, especially with Bobby Gant.
- I kinda wanted to see Michael as a top..\
Video: Justin tops Brian for the first time
- I can''t even imagine Randy as anything other than a bottom. He was built for bottoming.
- Here''s my take\
- Regarding Randy, r52, this is a post from another DL thread titled: "Who is the most famous/infamous person you''ve ever slept with?"%0D\
No idea if this is true or not but......%0D\
In 2003 I worked as an extra on the TV show Queer as Folk. I slept with Randy Harrison aka Justin. Told me he was versatile, but he bottomed for me. Very vocal in bed, especially when I rimmed him. Didn''t throw me out of his bed, but didn''t really talk much after. He seemed kind of distant.%0D\
- When Sparks was on "The Soup" I thought he was adorable. Then he left and showed his true colors and suddenly he became little more than a turd.
- Sparks was funny on "Talk Sout." Shortly after leaving, appeared on QAF. Surprising career move. Gave him props for that.
- Just to clarify and/or reiterate a few things:\
1. Almost all of the QAF cast is still in touch, but Scott is the glue that really holds them together, even though they''re all in LA (except Randy). He''s the one who orchestrated the "reunion" on Sheena''s show. Hal was not invited. Randy was, but didn''t respond. *shrugs* Who knows why!\
2. Hal unfortunately is still bitter from being pushed aside as the show''s focus (the Brian and Mikey show) to having the relationship between Brian and Justin usurp him in popularity. Whether or not one agrees is immaterial because the ratings and fan mail attested to that.\
3. He was very critical about Gale and Randy''s questioning of their characters''direction, particularly in seasons 4 and 5 and felt that they should just go with the flow and not say anything. He''s backed off a little from his comments about Randy, but there is definitely no love lost between him and Gale.
- Everyone says there''s no love lost between Gale and Hal and that Hal''s slagged Gale off for years, but what has he *actually* said?
- I''m not a Hal supporter but it''s true that no matter how many times I''ve read in these threads about Hal constantly slagging Gale, there has been no proof that I''ve ever seen. OTOH, if Hal really said that he was invited to the reunion, there must be some bad blood there.
- When can we expect the ''Queer as Folk'' movie?\
No way will there ever be a ''Queer as Folk'' movie.\
Really? Why not?\
Because a couple of the cast members I know for sure wouldn%E2%80%99t do it and I%E2%80%99m certain that the executive producers Ron and Dan wouldn%E2%80%99t want to work with them either.\
Gimme the dirt! What happened?\
My feeling always was, an an actor - and especially as one of the straight actors on the show, that, to a degree, it was my job to do my lines the way they were written and mind my fucking business because our executive producers and many of our writers were gay and were creating these scripts and lines to tell their stories. What, I%E2%80%99m gonna come in and say, ''well I don%E2%80%99t think my character would do that''?. It%E2%80%99s like, seriously? Fuck off. Let''s just say there was a little bit of, um, pushback with some of the other actors on the show.
- The reply above was a sample of Sparks'' thinly veiled criticism of Harrison and Harold. Note he says one straight actor so saves his comments about Harold''s sexuality since this would appear in print and would, in theory, be actionable.\
In person he has said to three different people that I know of that Gale Harold is sexually confused and "lying" about his sexual orientation. One of those hadn''t asked anything about who Harold does or doesn''t sleep with and was fairly taken aback.\
Personally I think the QAF producers would bite the casts'' hands off if they agreed to do a movie or reunion miniseries, particularly if Harrison and Harold agreed to do it.
- "In person he has said to three different people that I know of that Gale Harold is sexually confused and "lying" about his sexual orientation. One of those hadn''t asked anything about who Harold does or doesn''t sleep with and was fairly taken aback."%0D\
Tell me more, R 62!! Who/when/where was this?%0D\
I must confess, I really don''t want to see QAF - The Movie, and I don''t think Gale or Randy do either.
- Hal also said this during an interview with the Gay and Lesbian Times back in 2003:%0D\
GLT: There are three gay actors on the series. %0D\
HS: Bobby Gant and Peter [Paige] and Randy [Harrison]. There are a couple of others that may or may not be. We make it a point not to comment on anybody who isn%E2%80%99t %0D\
out or open. %0D\
It''s pretty obvious who he''s referring to, and hey - it''s his right!
- Well, it''s not really obvious. Gale wasn''t the only other actor on the show.
- [quote]Personally I think the QAF producers would bite the casts'' hands off if they agreed to do a movie or reunion miniseries, particularly if Harrison and Harold agreed to do it.\
I don''t think that phrase means what you think it does
- He probably outed the doorman.
- It''s interesting that certain actors dissed scripts and a lot of people who watched the show bitch and moan about those over the top storylines and character developments, too. Could it be that these certain actors where right after all?\
Love the show though.
- r66 in the US it might not mean what YOU think it does but in other parts of the world the idiom is to respond enthusiastically to a suggestion. Why don''t you Google it?\
Did that sound like I was biting your head off? That''s an entirely different idiom, look that up while you''re at it.
- God, the show was one, long cliche after the next.
- Didn''t Hal also suggest to a fan that G/R had a thing going on?
- Perhaps you were thinking of ''biting the hand that feeds'', R66?%0D\
It''s the OP here - glad to have started such a lively discussion!!%0D\
Hi R62! Really enjoyed reading your posts. Is it possible for you to e-mail me so I can ask you a couple more questions? I don''t want to drag everyone into a big debate over the whole Gale/Hal thing....%0D\
My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. I''d love to hear from you - except if you''re from Nigeria;)
- Wonder if that story about the guy who slept with Harrison is true?
- Gale seems like such a low key unassuming guy (+ permanently stoned) who wouldn''t fight with anyone. I''m kind of amazed Hal held a grudge against him this long. It''s WEIRD. Gale has never said anything about Hal, has he?\
And no matter what Hal thinks, I don''t doubt that Ron/Dan would kill to have Gale and Randy signed onto a movie.
- LMAO! Agreed about the stoner thing.%0D\
Gale has never said anything about Hal, as far as I know...
- I wonder if it''s true that Harrison slept with that guy?%0D\
He sure looks versatile!
- Who cares? He ain''t ever gonna let you rim him!
- Is Hal actually doing anything with his career post QAF?
- Poor Hal. Sure, gang up on the straight guy! He''s right. Actors, especially young actors with zero clout, get paid to act, not to rewrite scripts or voice their concerns about character motivation. Just do your job. When they''ve reached Tom Cruise-like status, then we can talk.
- Yeah, poor Hal! He''s just telling it like it is!
- FFS! It was a shit show. Get over it!
- Was Hal the one who played the nerdy accountant guy?
- No. Hal''s character was the comic book loving,cute boy-next-door... who was secretly in love with his best friend and prefer to date guys who are little bit older,resembles super heroes characters and daddy types...\
and he''s also a bottom.
- right! thanks!
- Personally,I think that Gale''s fan-fraus are pissed at Hal for suggesting that their man might not be so straight..
- Actually, most of Gale''s "frau-fans" loved the idea of him being with Randy both off and on screen. It''s when anyone suggests that he is dating some woman that they get all tetchy.%0D\
From what I remember from when the show was on, the underlying cause of the Hal/Gale thing was due to their characters on the show. There were fans who thought Gale''s character, Brian, should end up with Hal''s character, Michael, and those who wanted him to end up with Randy''s character, Justin (the latter group being in the majority). Some people brought this into real life, actually disliking Randy or Hal based on who they were rooting for. Throw in the fact that Hal has made some doofus remarks that came off as homophobic, and you get the reason for repeated negative Hal threads.
- As one of the aforementioned fans, I can honestly say that I don''t dislike Hal and have always considered Gale to be bi, but I don''t know the man personally, do i?
- Fan Fraus? huh?
- I always thought Hal was the guy who played Ted
- Aren''t they all kind of irrelevant now?%0D\
Gale Harold''s on Hellcats FFS!
- Sharon Gless is the only one with a decent career
- [quote]I notice Hal''s QAF character was the only one in the show who never tops,even the flaming Emmett and Justin tops once in awhile and Brian bottoms for Justin. I find that interesting\
Written by a fucking idiot straight female, probably a teenager, like most of the fans the writers and creators loathed so much. The actors weren''t so crazy about them, either.\
Why they''re on a gay site is an unpleasant mystery.
- You''re an idiot, R92.
- Randy was mentioned, by Peter. It was towards the end of the show. Randy appeared at the Paris QAF/L Word convention last October, so he is embracing his QAF past. Living in NYC he does not get together with his old cast mates who for the most part live in LA (Sharon lives in Miami).
- Randy was invited. Hal wasn''t
- Yeah - I heard about the QAF Con Randy went to.
- He was asked at the con if Gale was a good kisser and he said, ''I wouldn''t know..I''ve never kissed him in real life''...
- kind of puts paid to the fantasy that they were ever fucking around for real.
- Who the hell knows if they were or not?
- [quote]Was Peter in the show? I haven''t heard anything about him since the show ended. \
He played a cold, sociopathic convict on THE CLOSER this past season. Was actually quite good as he taunted Brenda Leigh Johnson.
- I really, really like Hal as a liberal talk radio host and regular guest on Stephanie Miller''s show.
- The Jan. 24 performance of Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays, readings of one-act plays in Los Angeles, will feature Caroline Aaron, Julie Hagerty, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Gale Harold, Richard Kind, Kathy Najimy and Mary Lynn Rajskub.
The evening features short works by playwrights Jenny Lyn Bader (Manhattan Casanova), Jordan Harrison (Doris to Darlene), Jeffrey Hatcher (Tuesdays with Morrie), Mois%C3%A9s Kaufman (The Laramie Project), Neil LaBute (Reasons to Be Pretty), Wendy MacLeod (Schoolgirl Figure), Kathy Najimy (The Kathy and Mo Show), Jos%C3%A9 Rivera (Marisol), Paul Rudnick (I Hate Hamlet) and Doug Wright (I Am My Own Wife).
Conceived and directed by Brian Shnipper, "these new provocative plays were created in response to the on-going battle for marriage equality throughout the United States," according to producers Joan Stein and Stuart Ross.
Standing on Ceremony benefits the American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER) and Equality California, and appears on four consecutive Monday nights Jan. 17-Feb. 7, at Largo at the Coronet (366 N. La Cienega Blvd.) in West Hollywood.
Expect an experience that is "at once as insightful and stirring as it is funny and heartwarming," with "writing%E2%80%A6so compelling that the program becomes a fast testimony to the struggle for commitment, compassion and humor for all people who have the courage to work through any committed relationship."
The rest of the limited engagement plays Jan. 31 and Feb. 7. All performances are at 8 PM. Casting for future dates will be announced.
Visit StandingOnCeremony.net or call Tix.com at (800) 595-4849. A portion of all ticket sales will benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights and Equality California.
For the Gale Harold trolls
- r102, good for you. He''s still a fairly ill-informed prick.
- Apparently, Randy seems to know, R99. %0D\
Jeez, you all never give up, do you?
- Agreed, R102. A very ill-informed prick! Have you heard his AIDs theory?!
- The one about AIDS being a result of homosexual guilt? Yep! Heard that one!
- There''s a girl going to see Gale and she''s flying from Norway...
- Norway? Jesus! I don''t love him that much!
- What r70 said.
- That kind of shit has got to suck for any actor that has to deal with it. A fan spending that kind of money and making that much effort to see him is coming with expectations. He has [italic]got[/italic] to feel that.
- AI''m sure Gale is more likely to wonder why the fanaticism of his fans has resulted in nothing more than career failure for him since the end of QAF.
- ''Tis because he can''t act; he only had his looks and now they''ve gone too I''m sorry to say. He and Randy had shit-hot chemistry together - he didn''t have to act - and everyone else he''s been paired with romantically on-screen since then has been really bland...
- See, R13, I knew it wasn''t me!
- completly agree with you r113
- Or me!
- I read some reports that Gale Harold was quite good in the Standing on Ceremony evening. Lots of fangurl gasps when he kissed DL "fave" Jesse Tyler Ferguson on the mouth, with tongues!
- JTF is a DL fave?%0D\
Lucky him! I still find GH rather hot (with or without tongue)
- As if he''s never frenched a guy before (!)
- I''m sure I''m not the only one on this site that works in the entertainment industry ... which is no different than any other industry in that some people enjoy revisiting the past, others don''t. Sometimes life just doesn''t line up and make a reunion possible.\
Not attending the radio reunion doesn''t represent a significant decision. Maybe Randy was waiting for the cable guy that day ... or his Mom needed him to run an errand. It''s not like a radio interview was going to change his career.
- I know for a fact that Randy does not keep in touch with the QAF cast. He doesn''t have bad blood with anyone and will say hello when they pass through NYC (he recently hung out with Michelle Clunie when she came to visit), but he definitely does not consider himself close to them anymore. He used to be extremely close to Peter Paige and they only speak like once a year now. He''s a decade younger than everyone else and he has no interest in the L.A. scene, so he''s in a totally different place.\
He hangs out with a younger group of people in Brooklyn and every time someone asks him how his castmates are doing, he shrugs and says he doesn''t know.
- It''s true, Randy does hang out with a group of people around his age in Brooklyn. %0D\
I do know that some of his former QAF co-stars have come to see him on stage though. %0D\
Gale saw him in The Glass Menagerie. I''ve also heard he''s been to see him at Berkshire Theatre.%0D\
Scott saw him in Pop. %0D\
Michele saw him perform at Joe''s Pub. %0D\
So while he might not be in regular contact with them, they do obviously see each other whenever it''s possible. It is hard though, since he''s the only one living on the east coast.
- Since none of us know Randy personally I really don''t think we can say what his feelings are towards his former castmates, or how often he sees them
- I can''t believe it''s been 10 years since Queer As Folk''s first season. God, it feels like it was yesterday. Randy Harrison is in his mid-30s now, older than Gale Harold was for most of QAF. Time marches on...
- Here''s a piccie of Gale and Jesse from the ''gay marriage plays''...
- Unless you''re recording his phone calls I''d like to know how you know he only speaks to Peter Paige once a year R121
- Too funny, r126. I''d like to know that myself. Although, I wouldn''t put anything past his fans.
- Gale looks like he rolled out of bed and showed up in the clothes he slept in. But I notice from the comments that Gale''s fans are blinded by love as usual and can''t see him for the disheveled mess with middle age reading glasses that he is.
- I''m a Gale fan, but even I have to confess he is looking his age.
- He''s wearing glasses now? He''s not that old is he?
- He''s 42 this year - old enough to wearing glasses for reading now I think. What happened to the hot guy in QAF? He just looks like a hot mess.
- um...for the people who think gale''s looking "old" and "not as good" -- you all need to get glasses! he''s still looking hot as ever -- esp. with his glasses! no, he''s not the young stud he was from qaf, but he''s definitely gotten better with age in my opinion...
- R132 is obviously some fangurl from IMDB - no indeed he isn''t the young stud from qaf but he DEFINITELY hasn''t gotten better with age - perhaps you need to remove your rose colored glasses.
Too young for reading glasses actually
- I met Hal Sparks last year at an event. He acted like a typical self-absorbed Hollywood actor and wanted the attention to be on him as much as possible.%0D\
I can certainly see him acting like a prima donna to the other cast members and pissing people off. Some of that is his wise-ass comic persona and some of it is just his ego.
- not surprised Hal Sparks is a big-mouth, he might something to embarrass the other cast members.\
And btw, Hal Sparks has twitter, should have known, coming from such an attention-hog.
- Considering how he sacrifices decency for attention, I''m not surprised.
- He wasn''t invited because he''s a big mouth.
- [quote]I know for a fact that Randy does not keep in touch with the QAF cast. \
Why does everyone expect QAF cast to keep in touch, spending 5 years together does not bind them at the hip. I mean it''s almost like high school. Do y''all keep in touch with your high school buds?\
I''ve only kept in touch with three.
- [quote]''Tis because he can''t act; he only had his looks and now they''ve gone too I''m sorry to say. He and Randy had shit-hot chemistry together - he didn''t have to act - and everyone else he''s been paired with romantically on-screen since then has been really bland...\
It''s true, Gale really can''t act. For no talents like Gale, he was lucky to be on qaf. qaf was a one-hit-wonder, he flew on the good-looks cloud all the way through, now that that cloud is disintegrating, he''s about to plummet back to earth, where he should have been in the first place.
- [quote]What exactly has he said about Gale, [R18]? ITA about the reunion - it was fun to watch Hal get totally overlooked whilst the others enjoyed themselves:)\
I found hal very nasty throughout that, he was constantly making fun of one or the other actor, he should know when to put a sock in it.
- Do you still keep in touch with all your co-workers from 10 years ago? It''s the same thing with actors.
- r141, which is to say, they don''t.
- r142 well that''s sad.
- But I can see Gale and Randy meeting up, I mean I heard they had some sort of a relationship while filming qaf.
- They never did. Get over it.
- Yes, they did meet up many times over the years after qaf. So why would I need to get over it?
- Would be nice if everyone got back together and did a sixth season; they can chronicle what happens six years later
- r147 highly unlikely they''ve already lost most of their fanbase.
- Well, in a few months the cast will ALL be meeting up in Germany for a reunion. It looks like our prayers have been answered. But we'll just have to wait until then to see what plays out.
As for the Gale/Randy relationship? What relationship?! Get over it. They didn't ever date. It's just some fangirls/guys who wish it to be true.
And I am sure that the cast gets along. They don't have to be best friends, or even friends. But I am sure that they are friendly.
- this is 2012 be real with your self's all of you and i mean all don't give a shit about cast reunion this is all about gale nothing more nothing less, fuck gale and fuck all of you.. happy new year
- these threads attract a really stellar crowd.
- Some of the former Qaf'ers celebrated New Year's together in case anyone cares. The new addition Yara was there as well.
- This thread was originally about radio interview reunion, but they are all (except Gale) now in Germany for the Rise n' Shine convention so if anyone is interested in talking about this....
Here are some pictures
- Gale is in Italy at some fan con thing but not QAF. Anyone know anything about it?
Wonder if he will show at the LA QAF con.
- He is at the Showtime Convention and he signed the contract for the Rise N Shine convention. I wonder how long this thread will exist.
- Yes, I wonder how long this thread will exist too.
It's weird - the Hugh Jackman is gay threads are allowed but not the Gale Harold is bi/gay ones - why?
The irony is that GH is much gayer than HJ.
- Question at the Showtime Con: Any personal goals?
Gale: To organize my closet. My physical closet.
I wasn't there so I don't know if those were his exact words but I thought that was hilarious.
- I've heard that Chris Potter is rather homophobic.
Supposedly, he said in an interview that he loved being flirty with the women in the hair and wardrobe departments after "[feeling]so dirty" while shooting his scenes on QAF.
If true, I wonder if that was why he left at the beginning of Season 2. Or was he fired?
I'd be interested to know what the story was.
- I'm not sure but I think that Potter was fired because of all those homophobic remarks. He said even worse things but I don't have any quotes right now.
His love/sex scenes with Hal Sparks were cringeworthy.
- I read that he used Randy's proper name of Randolph when speaking about him. Why the formality? Was it done in jest or as mothers do when a child has done something wrong?
I also read that he got tired of all the personal questions/Randy questions?
And I wonder what he was talking about in having to organize his "personal closet"?
Closet is totally associated with being gay isn't?
- I think the Randolph thing was in jest.
About the closet question - Gale said something about organising his closet and people started laughing and he said 'physical closet' so he obviously knew why they were laughing. Maybe that meant something maybe not.
This thread is probably going to get closed down soon.
- A Freudian slip perhaps?
- I don't blame him for being tired of the Randy questions just as the other cast members are tired of all the Gale questions. They were cast mates on a show that ended years ago not conjoined twins. These questions are some fans way to get a soundbite to continue feeding their fantasy of Gale and Randy being a couple. It's tiresome.
- True. It must of irked them when Gale didn't even buy into the Brian and Justin love at first sight rendering most fans have. Gale said about Brian seeing Justin under the lamp post that it was the right night, right drink, and right drug that made Brian go over to Justin.
- Wait. So he said, "I'm tired of the Randy questions." Just like that?
- No but the fans mentioned that Gale seemed to grow frustrated over the amount of Randy/Justin questions
- I saw a picture of Robert Gant and Gale Harold on another site- I wonder if they every got it on?
- [quote]Gale said about Brian seeing Justin under the lamp post that it was the right night, right drink, and right drug that made Brian go over to Justin.
He's right; it couldn't have been his looks.
- Who the fuck cares about any of these never-was's?
- R169 You must care since you took the time to find this thread and scroll thru and post.
- I don't think Gale likes any personal questions and most of his answers were really silly (baby elephant?)I never believe anything he says!
- I remember during season two at a fan event he was asked how he got the role and Gale answered: I won it in the lottery. His colleagues and the Cowlip guys just squirmed in their seats.
- He ws joking!
- Someone's gonna cancel
- What's wrong with him saying 'i won it in a lottery?'
- Winning the role of Brian did change his life as much as the lottery would have.
- Seems like Randy's boytoy has his own on the road boytoy.
- Details? r177.
- r172 here. He said the lottery line in a loud and obnoxious way like he was annoyed. Neverless after the Q&A like any other of the actors he signed stuff for the fans and was nice and humble.
- Seems that the folks behind the rocks were right.
- [quote]Seems like Randy's boytoy has his own on the road boytoy.
Maybe they have an open deal.
- [quote] No but the fans mentioned that Gale seemed to grow frustrated over the amount of Randy/Justin questions
Oh, boo hoo hoo. What does he expect? That show is his single claim to fame; everything else he's done has ranged from mediocre to pure crap.
- An open deal sounds about right, r182. Randy cheated on Brian when they were together causing them to break up. So I guess they didn't have the same open deal.
- Usually when you have an open deal you don't flaunt your boytoy and are discreet. It seems Nick likes polaroid memories of his boytoy.
- r185, has he posted these pictures anywhere? Like on his facebook? Just curious.
- R186 Yep.
- Thanks, r187. I wish I could see his Instagram. I assume he's got some pictures on there too.
- Gale is the first to sign on to attend the QAF convention in Spain. It's planned for March of 2014.
- Where are these supposed pictures of Nick and his boytoy? And how the hell does anyone know if Randy and Nick have an open relationship, or that Randy and Brian had an open relationship?
- Doesn't seem like Brian and Randy had an open relationship during his social media rants during their breakup.
As for Nick and Randy' relationship- who knows what the terms where. But it's difficult to maintain any relationship when one partner is on the road and the other only visited after 2 months of being on the road. Connections break easily. And men need contact.
The pictures of Nick and his boytoy Jacob are floating around here and there and on facebook.
- No one knows when R visited N or how often, or who is or is not in an open relationship. You don't know these people so stop pretending you know about the intimate details of their lives.
All I know is that I remember seeing the supposed boytoy on So you think you can dance. He seemed quite talented. Can't remember why he was tossed out.
- [quote] No one knows when R visited N or how often, or who is or is not in an open relationship.
It's called "gossip." Specifically, "gay gossip." If you have a problem with that, you're on the wrong site.
- I've seen the photos of Nick vacationing with Jacob in Florida. As for Randy visiting Nick while he was on the road- it very easy to tell especially with the schedule Randy' kept. As for the status of their relationship-no one really knows. But girls seem to think gay men are like them and expect them to remain faithful. Randy couldn't remain faith at the convention in Cologne and he was only away from Brian for a little time. Boys will be boys.
And yes this is a gossip site.
- I don't have anything against gossip. I'd just like it to be based on something slightly factual. Unless you know them you can't know how many times R has visited N. He isn't Angelina Jolie. He doesn't have the paps following him everywhere. He also hasn't been in a play for a while. It's possible for him to have visited N 20 times.
Don't know if R is the open relationship type, but sounds like the previous bf wasn't given his semi-public meltdown around the time they split up. That bf sounded very much into hearts and flowers. I felt a bit sorry for him.
- Every relationship is different. And Randy has been busy doing other things besides being in a play. He still acts and been involved in a couple of readings, benefits, out/abouts in NYC and dusting off Qwan.
- For the last time - no one knows the cause of randy and Brian relationship breakdown, except for what Brian tweeted about cheaters...people assume randy cheated in cologne with someone but like the previous poster brian was way too upset for the break up to have been solely about randy cheating. Relationships are complex !
- And some relationships are not. Brian said a lot of things during his rant and they all related to Randy' being unfaithful. Plus, I don't think Brian took kindly to Randy's tweet about people who sneezes.
Sometime a molehill is a molehill and not Mount Everest.
- Yeah brian also retweeted that comment about gale and randy which seemed an odd thing to do.
- In the context that this is just gossip, I assume the r/b breakup was somehow related to unfaithfulness given b's tweets and song choices.
I can't see this one lasting long. Not because of "toyboys" but because r is so into literature and serious stuff. N does not come across that way at all. High literature does not seem to be his thing at all.
- Brian also called randy narcissistic! He def does not have a type - from simon to brian and now nick...
- one my favorite Brian moments -- and I credit it to Gale -- is when he was at Babylon for the Leather Ball.
He's about to fuck some guy in the back room and a BIG leather DADDY type comes up behind him and offers to take him home. "You need a DADDY," the guy said. (He sounded smoking hot, too!)
Brian was having father issues in the episode and pushed the guy away, twice. "I don't need a 'Daddy.'"
As Brian is walking away, pissed off at the guy, he takes one look back and looks him up and down, as if to think...hmmm. Maybe?
He could never turn off the horniness.
- No, R doesn't have a type either in terms of looks or what's between the ears.
- The guy that is supposedly Nick's new "boy toy" is Jakob Karr. He was a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance. I remember him on there. He was an amazing dancer.
- Yep - that's what I said on the previous page, so great minds think alike. So you think you can dance is vegetative TV. I can't remember any of the other contestants but remember thinking he was the best. He was classically trained unlike some of the others and it really showed in his performance. His technique seemed superior and the choreography seemed a little more interesting than for the others. Of course they all had ptofessional choreographers but I assume he contributed.to the process.
- I agree, 205. I actually recall some of his dance routines and thought he was one of the best dancers on the show.
He has an Instagram and he's got lots of pictures on there. I did see one that he took of Nick. It was in New Orleans I think.
But I'm still not seeing any real proof that that he's Nick's boy toy. But I'd believe it if it turned out to be true.
- Jacob is also in the Flashdance cast. Win the Cat is away the mice will play and vice versa.
- l, nick still has that pic of him and randy on his fb page so I say they're still together.
This is the only pic I can find of nick and jacob
- That's the one I'm talking about. Nick and Jacob taking some time off from Flashdance to have a little water fun. But what alerted me was the messages from friends about the photo.
- It seems like Randy isn't too happy with Nick and his toy boy. That's what he tweeted:
"@RandyHarrison01: Caligula would have blushed."
Check the lyrics of the song "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" (The Smiths)
Interesting choice I'd say.
- I wanted a sex scene showing Ted fucking Blake, that would have been HOT!!
- I was wondering how long it would take Randy to find out about Nick on the road shenanigans. I alluded to it first but I didn't want to publish the pictures. Let Randy find out on his own. So if the Randy' tweet is correct; than maybe there relationship wasn't that open. Or Randy doesn't like the public display between Nick and Jacob.
Also, Nick still having his and Randy's picture on FB doesn't mean anything. Danielle had a picture of her and Gale until he showed up to the Oscar after party alone. Then she shut down her FB for good.
- Everytime there's a QAF con in the air the little Randy breaks up with his BFs
- Can Gale just come out already so he and Randy might have a chance at some form of happiness. This on again off again is exhausting. Here we go on again.
- So what's going on with Gale and Danielle? Are they still together? At one point Danielle was all anyone could talk about. And now there's no mention of her.
- Danielle was a fraud. She hooked up briefly with Gale around Oct and he dumped her by December. But she kept a FB account open with pictures of the two. She closed her FB account the day after Gale showed up to the Oscar After Party alone. I guess too many Gale fans were asking her too many questions. But he was going to events alone for months but fans had him marrying the tranny just so he could appear to be heterosexual. He isn't.
- Are you saying he's gay or bi, r216? The bi rumor has been going around DL for ages and I tend to believe it. It would explain a lot.
- He appears to have a paunch now.
- r209 I don't know and I can not read the messages so plz can you tell me what they said thank u
- in early of february in another thread someone had talk about a "big news" about Gale but I have not seen nothing, so someone knows something?
- The big news was that Randy would be the second person at next years convention. There is no big news about Gale announcing he is gay. That is not his way. He isn't a big public speaker. He just lives his life. If he comes out of the closet it would be more like him being more open about living his life in the open.
- Hey does anyone really know what is going on with Nick and Randy, are they over?
- Gale didn't make it to the Sheena Metal show. :(
The interview was really great with Scott, Robert, Randy and Michelle and they all sound excited about the upcoming con.
- Its over. Randy is in the Berkshires at his family's home getting support for his recent breakup with Nick.
- Its over.
So another one down.
How do you know he's with family in the Berkshires? He said he was visiting friends.
- Oh please, Gale is not bi or gay. He's an actor who acted the part of a gay man. If he played a convincing murderer, would you assume he's one?
- R224 How do u know that randy and nick have broken up? Seems like you're just guessing to me. And so what if randy's in the Berkshires with his family? How could you possibly know he's seeking comfort from his break up? Happy to believe you if you have proof otherwise...
- Randy has no family in the Berkshires. He's simply visiting - like he always does - Maureen Stanton, his friend Countess. Nick and him aren't over, but they will be soon.
Gale is ridiculous.
- R220 It was planned to be mentioned any moment a Danielle query comes up, but nobody really cared to ask even in Bilbao. So in the end nobody got the announcement properly. He was actually tense but prepared for it.
- I don't understand 229, was the announcement about Dani?
- I don't understand what Randy's problem is he picks loser after loser. Yeah, Nick was prettier than Brian, but the guy has been cheating on him and everyone knew but Randy, that is really sad. If he really has not ended it, he needs to.
- He's not stupid. Everybody knows, including him.
- So, apparently he is OK with having a BF that cheats on him publicly.
- Randy has already ended it. He wouldn't gone public with his tweets if he hadn't. And Randy does have family in Mass.
- Nick's main FB pic is the one of him and Randy together. I guess he didn't get around to replacing it yet.
So I guess Randy will be on to the next then.
- I'm curious about R229's post. What announcement?
- Marriage, babies... Danielle and Gale are becoming lounge singers and they're taking their act on the road.
- Why didn't Gale show for the Sheena Metal interview last night? Was he off getting drunk and high with Danielle?
- She works good on the road.
And NO, Nick and Randy aren't over.
- Gale is single at the moment.
Randy is grieving at the moment.
- [R229] More cryptic bullshit about Danielle? Please come up with something real or STFU...
- I finally watched the British QAF.
I didn't find it to be better overall than the American one. It had a very silly, over-the-top vibe to it.
The one thing I did like better was no Hal Sparks. The English guy who played his character was very good.
And the woman who played his mother was much better than the clown in the US version. She was also more twisted.
- The British QAF has the best scene ever in it, which is the D.I.S.C.O. euology speech.
- My favorite was Stuart's coming out speech.
- Just because Nick hasn't removed his FB of him and Randy doesn't mean they are still together. Danielle had her FB page open with her the two photos of her and Gale together until people noticed him attending event after event with out his "girlfriend".
Once Gale sobered up Danielle was kicked to the curb. And the same thing happen to Nick once Randy realized what a fool Nick was making him look like.
- Scott said Gale was helping out a friend and couldn't make it and that he was so upset he missed the radio show. Yeah, sure.
- If you buy that story, you need your head examined.
- That was the excuse? lol
And I love how randy said in that interview that none of his bf's ever watched qaf. Umm...how did u met simon then, randy?!
- Randy must have selective memory.
- So, gale was helping out a friend *snicker* and randy is tweeting up a storm!
- Belukha was a QAF fan! Shut up Randy!
- Apparently Randy doesn't know the boys he dates as well as he thinks he does.
- And nobody believed me when I said previously that someone was going to cancel. Scott is everyone's best friend. But Gale? He puts the END in FRIEND.
- R 254 What does End in Friend means?
And Randy needs to get over himself. I believe that Brian and Nick were in fact only interested in him because of QAF. Especially Nick.
- r229 all ppl know that into cons it is forbidden to do private questions, so what do you mean with that?
- I agree and Gale got to review any questions submitted and obviously decided not to answer a few, including how Randy is as a kisser.
- I think R229 might be joking around and simultaneously making fun of one poster's grammatical errors.
- I thought Gale and Scott were good friends. No?
- Not when you put in the END in FRIEND. They are sworn enemies.
- They are good friends obviously. Scott knows where all the skeletons are buried.
- People don't know jack. Scott been covering for Gale for years. They are friends to the end.
- There are no skeletons buried. Gale lives his life but doesn't live it for public consumption.
- People know more than the poor Gale thinks.
- Oh, 264, please share, it is time for the secrets to come out!
- Gale has no secrets. He lives his life. And its up to him to decide to share it with the public.
- maybe I'm a dumbass but I really don't know ... Gale is still with Danielle or not? someone who really knows, can tell me please?
- Gale never answers. So ask Danielle instead.
- R267 Dumbass.
- I never realized until I saw the original Brit version of the show, how much better it is than the American. Gale Harold can't hold a candle to Aiden Guillen and Randy Harrison is a very sub-par Charlie Hunnam, completely lacking the latter's sexual vibe.
The show really made a huge mistake by making the two lesbians a major part of the stories. And then they had to introduce all of those "issues" they supposed would attract a large gay audience, e.g., the circumcision "controversy" early in the series. And why, I wonder, did they choose to let Phil live?
- It's obvious to me why Gale Harold's career is not going anywhere. He is not a good actor. In the beginning of QAF he stood out as being awkward and the worst actor in the cast but then he did seem to improve. However, I don't think he really grew as an actor; he just became comfortable with that character. Every time he starts something new he's stiff and awkward all over again. When I look at his career I don't see any growth in his acting ability. He just gets slightly more comfortable in some roles if he has the time to settle into it. But that kind of acting isn't going to offer him a lot of opportunities where he can do that.
- [quote]Gale Harold can't hold a candle to Aiden Guillen
I disagree. I thought Aiden looked old and it wasn't remotely believable that he was the hottest piece of ass in the city. He didn't even look better than Michael.
With Gale, you had to suspend disbelief, but not nearly as much.
- I love Gale and Brian Kinney, but Stuart's attraction was in his confidence, attitude, the walk. They are both great characters, different, but great.
- I have to disagree. Gale was great in Particles of Truth, Unseen and the stupid premise of Hellcats and TSC. The problem is that Gale doesn't want to and never had sold himself to the publicity machine. He can't even show up to a talk radio show let alone sit on a couch with some like Leno.
One of my favorite actors, Daniel Craig- bummed around for decades on British TV and little known roles until he got a new agent, landed James Bond and made the rounds of tv shows including SNL (who would of ever thought). He is still fiercely private but someone has managed to balance his privacy with the demands of Hollywood in selling yourself as a product.
Gale refuses to do so. There are a lot of talented actors in Hollywood there never popped. Gale popped once and I do not think he will be blessed again.
- I think that if people still need to discuss Gale and his performance on QAF, 8 years after the show ended, is proof enough he nailed it and made quite an impact.
- The usual gibber-gabber has nothing to do with the quality of his acting.
- What is it then, R277? If he's not gay, I would say he did one helluva an acting job, and that IS why, 8-years later, he is still being discussed.
Yeah, he's good looking, but so are a lot of actors, yet no-one discusses them 8 years after their character went off the air.
- "People know more than the poor Gale thinks."
- Maybe all will be revealed shortly? He has supposedly just been interviewed by NYCastings and it's supposed to be "The most invasive interview w Gale EVER". Will be posted on their twitter site in a couple of days.
- R280 Gale must have sweated it out.
- I can't see him revealing anything new...
- Me either, NYCastings already has an interview up with actresses talking about same sex scenes, Gale is probably participating in the male or actors version. Doesn't sound that exciting.
- I am taking bets that he's a no show for the QAF convention in LA. It's not a free trip to Europe...
- R278, the Brian Kinney attitude and the way Gale looks combined with the whole QAF experience is a big turn on for some people. But because some people find that hot doesn't mean he is a well-rounded or versatile actor as I believe his recent work demonstrates. However, I think the new role in "Defiance" has a good chance of being right for him.
- 284, I will join you in that, I don't think he will attend the LA con either. But I guess time will tell.
- Being that Gale is in LA and the convention is in LA, I'd like to see what excuse he'll come up with if he doesn't show for it. I mean, that'd be pretty pathetic.
But then again, they had a convention in Toronto and neither he or Randy showed for it. And they were filming there at the time! So I guess anything is possible.
- Didn't someone post in another Gale thread that he would have big news to announce. Now we are waiting for 2 interviews. One coming out tomarrow and another next month. Plus Gale updated his IMBd photo. I wonder what the news is. A new show?
Also I think the blog writer was the one who posted here about the big news.
- Learnt so much about Gale just from his music selections. Much better than any interview.
- Ad why do you think that chick posted here?
- To drum up attention for her article. That is what she's been doing on twitter this week.
Also, the radio interview was very instructive. Feel sorry for Gale living such a restrictive childhood with a Mom destroying his music. Understand more why he is into soul based music with an alternative vibe.
The best way to get truthful answers from Gale is thru discussing music.
- The radio interview was so good. Gale's taste in music is incredible (no surprise there, really.)
Here's the link if you'd like to listen to it:
- So that was the big news? His music?
- No one knows what Gale' big news is or if there is indeed any big news.
- No big news? How sad.
Only new info is that Scott is going to Bilbao now along with Gale and Randy. He is ever the loyal buffer/go between for these two.
- Scott Lowell seems to spend a lot of time running interference for Harold
- Is Scott Lowell still claiming he's straight? If so, I find it hard to believe, as he's never been married or linked to any women as far as I know.
- Someone actually tweeted Scott today asking if he is gay and he said he is straight. It is interesting that he still doesn't have a significant other, at least not that anyone knows about.
- Scott is straight. Just unlucky in love. And since he isn't the leading male type he has no reason to lie about his sexuality.
But he has been the "beard" for Gale and Randy.
- Every interview Gale Harold does consists of three word replies or odd responses. Maybe his real secret is that he is a flake.
- Most people who use too many words are stupid. And who cares if he is a flake. The majority of actors are.
- I don't think you listened to the interview R300. There wasn't anything flaky about it.
I don't mind if Harold is flakey or not.
But the way he doesn't show up for events without warning and then leaves it to his friends(s)to apologize. That's just wrong. And he has done this more than a few times.
- Agreed, but his fans will say they love him for his unpredictability. Apparently, the man can do no wrong.
- I agree, r303. I feel bad for Scott always having to answer for Gale when he doesn't show up for something.
- I don't feel bad for Scott. He doesn't have to cover for Gale if he doesn't want to. He is a grown man. And Gale isn't saint like. As long as he doesn't turn into an OJ and kills somebody then its non of our business.
He seems like a low key guy and has very protective friends. So somebody likes him.
- The original, British QAF is fantastic. The American version was horrid, absolutely awful, and I watched the whole thing in spite of how terrible it was because at the time there were very few gay characters on television. But I hated it the entire time. The US version was just stereotypes, and the worst ones, and there was nothing edgy about it. It was so poorly written and acted it was an embarrassment.
- R307 And you watched all five seasons. Yay! LOL
- The first season was great. It jumped the shark a couple episodes into the second season.
- season 1 and 2 were great. It went down hill after that. How many season did the British version have?
- r310 Only 2 seasons, with a total of 10 episodes. LOL. The British really know how to under-do it.
- [quote]He seems like a low key guy and has very protective friends. So somebody likes him.
I was touched by how much Sheena obviously likes him. Very cool.
Gale's interview with NYC Castings. It's a good one:
- The UK's second season was pure shit. Russel T. Davis (like so many other creators of shows and movie franchises) lost his interest and just phoned it in (or wasn't allowed to do whatever he wanted with his own show?) and even back then wanted to get his hands on the Doctor Who franchise instead.
Showtime's Queer as Folk always felt like amateur slash fiction that spun more plots and characters out of the original UK show's first season. I don't think Showtime ever used anything from the UK's second season (apart from maybe the straight wedding some of the guys attend).
- New Gale interview with NYC Castings is really great. He seems so much more open and honest than ever.
And the big news is .... he's straight! :)
- Off topic, but DL needs to fix the time settings!
- [quote]And the big news is .... he's straight! :)
LIES! R+G foreva
- Please, please somone end this bullshit and out this jerk. He is so full of crap. Someone out there anywhere, enough is enough he is lower than low and deserves the repurcussions for this deceit.
- R317= Hal Sparks.
Why don't you do it yourself, Hal? After all, if anyone has the goods, you do.
- What deceit? Everyone lies about themselves Let others and to themselves too. Are you as tall as you think you are? As pretty? As kind?
Let Gale lead his own life. But if that interview was in a newspaper it would of been too full of crap to line my cat' liter tray.
- Interesting how he twice mentioned that he was straight without any probing or indeed any interest at all on behalf of the interviewer, yet begrudgingly admitted it years before. I agree with R317 - someone should definitely out this jerk, preferably before this thread gets closed down.
- Gale is practical hanging out of the closet. Not straight, not gay, not bisexual. What is he thou?
- R321 Lesbian?
Maybe I'm naive, but I believe him.
- The thoughtful things he said in that interview made no impression? All some of you got out of it is that he is (somehow) "a jerk?" Have mercy.
I'm too bummed out for this thread today.
- Some of the interview was thoughtful. Some BS. While other statement contradicted what he said in the past (especially about not caring how the gay community would receive his playing of Brian Kinney) but overall I got the sense that he wanted to increase his Butch creds.
As for his sexuality. He kind of pings nothing for me. Neither hetero or homo. But I understand his cultural tastes are very non traditional.
People should really invest in learning the meaning behind the songs he played on Sheena Metal.
- In this latest interview Gale Harold does manage to come across as lucid. This is a refreshing change. He usually seems to have trouble forming complete sentences and often gives silly answers. So he deserves props for that.
But he refers to himself as both straight and as a hetero with no obvious prompting from the interviewer. He also stated that sex scenes were uncomfortable. How is it that when Harold said such things it's perfectly fine, but when another qaf actor did likewise, he was severely criticized in the press.
- Actually Gale said before that the sex scenes weren't uncomfortable. Which one is it? The reporter said Gale thought about the question before speaking. I thought Gale was very deliberate in his answers. He knew what he wanted to say and had his own agenda for submitting to the interview. I wonder how the reporter got the interview. I rather listen to him live like the Sheena Metal radio show where he doesn't have the time to think up an answer. He might sound less articulate but I think his answers are more truthful except when he gives silly answers to deflect from questions he doesn't want to answer.
His answers about his motorcycle accident, unfulfilled acting dreams and what family/friends mean to him sounded real and truthful. But dropping the straight comment and inserting his ex girlfriend into the conversation when it was not asked of him sounded like a lie.
Gale has never used the term girlfriend before in interviews and he has never uttered the term even when he has escorted a women to public events.
- Because R325, he didn't say that the sex scenes were uncomfortable because they were with men. They were uncomfortable because sex scenes in general are very uncomfortable and revealing.
And that is different from what the guy that played Michael's chiropractor boyfriend (Chris Potter?) said, or even some of the things that Hal Sparks said.
- If you know he's full of crap about his sexuality r317, why don't YOU just say what you know? You obviously know something. Why ask others to out him when you're probably fully capable of doing it yourself?
- This post exists on the current thread below:
[quote]Gale Harold from Queer as Folk fame is bi. He'd been with men before the show came along. But he's also been with women. From what I've heard though he prefers men.
[quote]I had a friend who was Gale's roommate when he first moved to CA. He lived in the Castro in SF. My friend would tell me about him bringing home men sometimes.
Of course anyone can write anything here, but the "insider" posts that popup from time to time on the DL all suggest that G is bi or gay. Where are the posts that say "I knew Gale Harold back in the day and he banged women day and night" or "I knew an ex-girlfriend of Gale Harold's when I was at college"?
I don't like to think of GH as a liar so this is the positive spin I will put on it:
Gale Harold identifies as straight.
Anyone can identify as anything despite reality afterall.
There are plenty of things that indicate that Gale is not completely straight. I loved the time that Scott was asked if Gale was straight on his Facebook or Twitter and Scott replied with the vague "sexuality is fluid" or similar. Poor Scott, always having to be Gale's spokesperson, but he can't always "take the party line".
- [quote]And the big news is .... he's straight! :)
What is the smiley face for? Are you just amused that being straight is the big news. I never expected any big news unless it was to reveal some new professional opportunity. Hell will freeze over before G admits to being bi or whatever (not that I really know his sexuality, but I'd be very surprised he was 100% straight).
Or is the smiley because you are happy at the thought that he is straight? If so ... umm ... what are you doing on the DL?
- Would you pathetic people give it a rest? After all this time, have you no shame? The guy is straight. He has always said he's straight. His GAY co-stars and showrunners have always said he's straight.
The guy is straight!
- Smiley is because everyone in this thread expected some earth shattering information about Gale's homosexuality and we only found out that he's straight, something that we have known all along.
Also R329 and R330 you quoted a post from that thread about firsthand knowledge about celebrities, where the poster is saying his friend knew Gale in SF, but you didn't quote another poster who said that a friend of his worked with Gale in NY and insists that Gale is straight and during that time he dated women.
The one you quoted is also a poster in this thread and that rumor has been on DL for years and was in several deleted threads.
I don't know the truth and I really don't care if Gale is gay, bi or straight, but all the evidence for now is on the straight side. I'm not even going to debate about Gale and Randy Harrison. That's fan fiction.
- Why give it a rest?
The DL is for gossip among other things - yes?
There is so much speculation about Nicole and Keith, and Hugh and Deb and George - mostly total nonsense I suspect - but we can't speculate about Gale Harold? The notion is at least vaguely credible for GH.
The gay actors from QAF do not spend a lot of time talking about Gale's "straightness". They've always avoid that territory. I imagine he is their friend and they respect his desire to identify as straight even though they might not think that a 100% accurate description of him.
- I didn't think G was going to come out as gay/bi in that interview? (If an actor were to do that, wouldn't they select a more worthy vehicle than that pop-quiz?) He is never going to do that regardless of the truth. GW Bush will admit the gigantic mistake he made with Iraq long before G will admit to his non-straightness (and the former is never going to happen!).
Point taken about the other post about G and women. I'd forgotten about that in the avalanche of ridiculous posts about George, Nicole and Keith. I believe Yara was a genuine girlfriend. It doesn't surprise me that G has had gfs, but the number of supposed insider posts about G and men makes me wonder about the idea that he is 100% straight. That plus many other clues, not least of all: Gale was incredible convincing in those QAF sex scenes. Some will say that that was acting. Gale is an OK actor but he is not that good an actor!
- Gale is as straight as a crooked line. He identifies as straight for professional reasons. You noticed for such a low level celebrity-most of his threads have been deleted. Gale is trying to re establish his fledging career and having persistent rumours questioning his sexuality doesn't assure casting directors of his manliness. Yara was his girlfriend but he does have a discreet male friend in Toronto. Socially he hangs out mostly with gay men. That doesn't sound too straight to me.
I don't mind the recent interview but like with all celebrity fluff pieces is was intriguing but consisted of mostly of spit lies to make himself look all shiny and bright.
Also there are more sexuality categories than straight, gay and bisexual. Maybe we should start talking about the other QAF cast' sexuality before this thread disappears.
- Gale definitely had an agenda to the entire interview, which was to prove how not gay he is. I have always felt that if you are trying too hard to say something, it just is not the truth. He is trying too hard. I am actually really disappointed in Gale and have a new respect for Simon Cowell, who said that it does not matter what I am, I should be treated the same as everyone else.
I think Gale is trying to make an effort to save his dying career and it is very sad that he has to lie to achieve it. I also feel terrible that I am actually preferring Hal to Gale these days, because I am starting to see why Hal dislikes Gale so much, notice the dig at Hal in the interview.
I thought Gale was close to coming out of the closet, but instead he ran right back in and locked the door. He is a very sad and confused man and now I know why so many gay men cannot stand him.
Perhaps Yara, Danielle, Randy, Scott and Hal should get together and set the record straight about the real Gale Harold, now that is an interview I would LOVE to read.
- Maybe he thinks if he does not have sex with men on American soil, he is still considered straight, at least in America?
Gale does seem to be going overboard on his "straightness" in that interview.
But where is the dig at Hal. I don't see it.
- I don't see the Hal dig in the interview either. Hal is a skank and has no class at all. Even Scott doesn't like him and he is the nicest along with Robert Gant. R336 I agree with you about Gale having an agenda for the interview but where is all the Gale hate coming from. You don't sound like a fan of his. And when is it business on what he does in his bedroom. You sound like a Republican. I just don't like him lying. I rather him go about his business and not say anything like he has but I guess that hasn't helped his career.
I too believe he went overboard with his straightness. Talking about being straight, girlfriend and his motorcycles (which I thought he complained in Spain about a fan having a picture of his bike). I thought in the next sentence he would say how much he loves football and I'm not talking about soccer.
- Can someone please explain how is gay friends, ie Randy and Steven Kijak can even justify calling him their friend?
- Those are not the only gays he hangs out with. Gale has a lot of gay friends in Toronto and LA. And I never seen any heterosexual man go out to a bar with 2 known homosexuals. Maybe one but not two. Just like you will rarely ever see a man go out with 2 women and neither is his girlfriend unless he is gay.
- R335 about other QAF actor's sexuality - I'm curious about girls, Michelle and Thea. Michelle Clunie, in the last Sheena Metal radio show, talked about threesomes with women if I'm not mistaken, but also said that she identifies as straight.
Thea Gill is bisexual, isn't she? She was married for a long time, but I think I read somewhere that she's now divorced. Any info about her?
- Ok , you have a point about Chris Potter. But in all the interviews about I've seen, Hal Sparks doesn't give the male on male action as his reason for being uncomfortable. In one article he even suggested that straight sex scenes would probably be just as difficult.
But what of the rest of my post? Without even being asked, Gale Harold has let us know how straight he is in no uncertain terms. When Hal Sparks did this years ago, he was raked over the coals as a homophobe. He's still taking heat for it today. Yet when Gale does the same thing, there is no similar responce. Perhaps this will at least make people shut up about Sparks always trumpeting his heterosexuality in contrast to Harold's supposedly less inhibited attitude. But that's doubtful.
- I can't believe I'm still on this thread. I have so many things I need to do.
Anyway R343, about Gale. I don't know honestly. I was surprised he mentioned ex GF, that was the first time he ever mentioned a GF as far as I know. Maybe he's just more relaxed in interviews these days or maybe as you, or someone else said earlier, he's trying to resurrect his career.
- I agree 343, but I think Gale is worse in this situation, because as most concur, he is not being honest.
- Unbelievable levels of delusion on this thread.
- He does have a discreet male friend in Toronto.
I think his discreet male friend is from Toronto but now lives in LA and he and Gale ride their motorcycles together. I think they went on a road trip not too long ago.
- Umm, R347 When did his friend from Toronto move to LA? I know that his discreet male friend lived in Toronto while Gale was filming TSC still. He met the "friend" a long time ago when he was filming QAF.
Gale did mention 2 friends he rides his bike with in this interview. I wonder if he was talking about that.
Not only does Gale love music with a lot of non traditional sexual innuendos-his other leisure habits are non traditional.
R346 your head seems to be buried in the sand.
- We're talking about two different people, r348. My mistake. I was talking about one of the guys he mentioned in the interview that he rides his motorcycle with.
- So, Gale says AGAIN that he's hetero and somehow that translates into him being gay?
There was a time when I could believe he was at least bi, but what possible reason would he have to lie about his sexuality this late in his career?
His answers in that interview seemed open and honest.
- And who are these 2 known homosexuals that gale went to a bar with?
- Not the same ones he went to the gay resort with. Once Danielle accidently spilled the beans on that one-it was a wrap in regards to questions about Gale's sexuality. Gale can say he is straight thru every newspaper in the world. But actions speak louder than words, baby!
- How exactly Did Danielle spill the beans on gale? I assumed the gay men who owned the resort they went to were either her friends or gale's...but this Toronto friend of gale's sounds intriguing and I assume by 'friend' you mean BOYfriend?
He mentioned his friend Hugo both in the sheena metal interview and the nycastings one.
- And R349 Trolldar shows that you were the one who posted about gale living in the castro and bringing men home in the other thread. This rumor has being doing the rounds for years!
- Did anyone ever consider that QAF has been over for a decade? Therefore, he doesn't have to concern himself with offending his audience anymore? Therefore, he doesn't have to pretend to hesitate about his sexuality?
He's straight. Get over it.
- R355 You can't count. QAF ended in 2005, that is less than a decade. And why are you on a gay gossip sight sticking up for Gale' straightness. John Travolta could use your assistance. I bet there is a thread here dedicated to him. Go over there quick and help out.
Speaking of seemingly straight until his hands were caught massaging the masseuse. Gale's hands have been on both males and females in his personal life. His actions from who he calls friends, to the music he likes to the books he reads all reflect that Gale' sexuality is fluid.
And I bet by the end of this week this thread will be gone. I guess George Clooney needs Gale' agent.
As for the Danielle outing Gale accidently. She was in such a terror to promote her relationship with Gale that she signed the guestbook to the resort they stayed in.
And Gale needs work and being gender queer is still not understand by most of the world. And Hollywood still tread lightly in hiring gays let alone a gender queer. If Gale came out of the closet now he would get more flak than Jodie Foster did when she came out. On top of that try to explain being gender queer. People are just wrapping their heads around being gay. Gays can't even understand gender queers. Most gays routinely think that guys claiming they are bisexuals are self loathing gays.
If Gale revealed his true sexuality, he would get hit from all sides. And if you believe everything someone tells you especially an actor who is just a product in Hollywood terms then I got a bridge to sell you.
Plus, Hal, Peter, Scott must of been lying. Who Gale surrounds himself with, the music he loves, the books he continues to read is just what the average heterosexual engages in.
You can add Kim Bingham to the list too. Go ask her about Gale-she seems to no longer harbor any need to protect Gale.
- Wtf is a gender queer? Is that another word for bisexual?
- Oh, and one more thing. Maybe that motorcycle accident made him straight[er]. Not that he was gay before, but if he had bisexual leanings, maybe the accident pushed him to a Kinsey 0. After all, the brain is the largest sexual organ and no doubt, that organ took a beating.
- Oh yeah, you can beat the gay out of pretty much everybody. Just hit some fag on the head with a bat. Works every friggin' time.
- Bwahaha 359! So Gale stayed at a gay resort - it was palm springs FFS!
And as for Kim Bingham, what has she ever said about Gale? She's the only gf of his I liked - an awesome rock chick - and she was hot to boot.
And Peter, Scott and Hal are lying? Huh?
- No bwhahaa about it. It was thoroughly researched by his fans and discussed on no longer existing threads.
Thirteen Palms Desert Flats
962 E Parocela Pl, Palm Springs, CA, 92264, USA
- R361 that is not the website for resort in question. The correct link is below. You're implying that this is a gays-only resort - not true. It's gay and straight friendly.
I'm one of the ones that thinks Gale is a straight identifying bi man, Let's stick to stuff that could conceivably be factual, not nonsense about "gay resorts".
- Maybe we should just respect everyone else's opinion on Gales sexual orientation. After all, only Gale himself can answer this truthfully. Whatever he says are things that he wanted to relay to the listening and curious public, may the statements be true or not. Taken he is straight and says he is YET NO ONE BELIEVES, so be it. Taken he is not straight yet says he is YET NO ONE BELIEVES, so be it. This whole debate thing has been going on since 2000 and it is unlikely to end even if he biologically fathers two thousand babies or more, unlikely to end even if he pounds two thousands twinkies to death. Go on with your lives, Gale does not even CARE.
- [quote]Did anyone ever consider that QAF has been over for a decade? Therefore, he doesn't have to concern himself with offending his audience anymore? Therefore, he doesn't have to pretend to hesitate about his sexuality?
He's straight. Get over it.
Common sense in a Gale thread? I think I might pass out!
- I think he does care - that's the problem. That's why he has gone out of his way to proclaim his straightness. He knows he is more of a leading man actor rather than a character actor (you have to be a very good actor to be convincing in character roles - leading actors get by on their looks to some extent).
It's a shame Gale can't be like Michelle Clunie and Thea who both have admitted to being same sex attracted/having had same sex sexual experience. They've been honest despite probably being more straight than gay, and the possible effect that this might have on their careers. Good on them.
- Yes, I am sooo sure he is straight. What world are you living in?
But you are probably right that he will run out marry some woman and pop out some babies to show how straight he is.
It is a free country believe what you want, but some of use know the truth and not the tangled web of fabrication that Gale is trying to weave.
- Getting married and popping out some babies is the last thing Gale would do. He would rather have the public see his gay porn stash. And if I believed everything a celebrity said-my I would be such a rich person. Gale was like St Peter in the interview- proclaiming his straightness 3 times before the clock struck twelve. At least St. Peter was asked if he was an apostle to Jesus. I can't find where the reporter even asked once if Gale was straight.
Thy protest too much!
- Gale's answers were so lucid in this most recent interview. Was this a verbal interview or just one of those ones where you provide written answers to the interviewer? If the latter, I wonder if the answers were edited by Gale's management.
- Enough with Gale's lies. We has a gay porn stash?
Are Nick and Randy still together?
- Don't know about the porn stash. Most men do thou-gay or straight. I thought Gale didn't do social media. He lied about that one too. And he is adding more people to his twitter.
- R368, that is what I thought when I read it. Gale has never sounded that articulate. It would be a metamorphosis.
- R68 I wondered that too - there are no pauses or the usual gale verbal cues. The interview reads very much like he's written it because it flows so well but the journo said it was done by phone. How the hell do you record and transcribe a phone interview anyway?
- He still could have received the questions in advance and just read off the answers on the phone.
- Gale has done some wonderful print interviews. The writer just said that Gale thought before he spoke. He seemed very deliberate in his preparation for the interview.
Some aspects of the interview were very intriguing. Some sounded contradictory to other statements Gale has made. And other parts sounded like BS.
- So, what's the book?
- What book, r375?
- Sorry, I thought he made a book recommendation.
So, who's going to the L.A. con?
- The thread is still here!
What annoys me is that some of you are saying that you know the truth, that he's lying, but you never really say what exactly you know, and how you know it. Those last 30ish posts are just far fetched conclusions based on his tastes in art or even some more ridiculous things. Do you even know how silly that sounds? I guess not. It's fun to read gossip, but that's not gossip, it's just not very believable fan fiction.
So out with it. What exactly do you know? And not, ooh he's only friends with gay men, ooh he likes this song, ooh he went to a gay friendly resort (with his GIRLfriend, by the way), ooh he had such good chemistry with Randy...
- Yeah, it is still here but the clocks ticking.
- "You can add Kim Bingham to the list too. Go ask her about Gale-she seems to no longer harbor any need to protect Gale" WTF?
And the journalist said she didn't edit gale's words
- Still not buying the interview...
- Not buying it either and more interested in why he did it in the first place.
- Because he needs work and to reestablish his manliness.
- He is, he isn't? Time to leave him alone and let this thread die people.
Voice Of Reason
- He is aging, work is not coming his direction regularly and despite is interview, people in Hollywood still don't think he is straight. He has shamed himself and every out gay or bi person for nothing.
- Gale hasn't shamed anyone. There are more actors in the closet in LA than people can shake a stick at. I feel sorry for him.
- You don't need to feel sorry for him. Safe guess to say he's doing much better than the majority of you losers.
- I think he needed to repair his image with an interview that made him seem more agreeable and articulate.
- R387 Don't talk down on yourself. I feel sorry for your pathetic soul too. And a person who hasn't been gainfully employed for over a year needs compassion.
- If Gale is not 100% straight then that interview was very shameful indeed. More shameful than for, say, John Travolta to be in the closet. The reason being that Gale portrayed one of the most prominent TV gay icons to date. JT hasn't.
I suspect Gale is bi but in a state of denial. I don't have any proof but then neither do 95% of posters on this subject, including the ones who are ultra defensive of Gale's "straightness".
The issue is that there are too many indications (OK - none would stand up in court on their own) of non-straightness for one to believe the whole Gale has always been straight theory.
- R390 What kind of logic are you using. Just because Gale played a gay icon on tv and might be bisexual means he is supposed to represent for the gay community? Well, Al Pacino played mobsters and is Italian. So does that mean Al Pacino should kill people in real life. You make no sense.
And comparing Gale to JT is crazier still. Gale didn't marry, have children and recently had another child to try to cover up his gayness (poor kid). Nor has Gale been accused of assaulting anyone.
What do you think it's your business to know who Gale fucks. It's not. And unless you know what fucking cross he bears you should refrain from judging him.
- [quote] Don't talk down on yourself. I feel sorry for your pathetic soul too.
That's R389's morning pep talk to himself.
- Nick's latest comment on his Facebook posted on Thursday:
"He's finally here!!! Randolph Harrison."
Nick is on tour with Flashdance and right now it's in Seattle.
- Guess they are still together, then.
- Apparently Randy is OK having a lying, cheating boyfriend.
- What proof of that is there, r395? Are you talking about those pics of Nick and Jakob on the Flashdance tour?
- What proof do you want, eye witness accounts of them screwing?
They have spent a great deal of time together and apparently it is well known among the cast, that they have been hooking up.
- Something' amiss if Nick has to post about his relationship with Randy. Nick has never posted anything about his relationship with Randy except the FB profile pic. Randy is a loser who likes losers.
- Agreed, the fact that this Nick thing is still happening, makes me wonder WTF is wrong with Mr. Harrison?
I mean pining for a closet case sucks, but there are many amazing gay men out there who have more brain cells then Nick.
Maybe Nick wants to show that despite the rumors, he still has Randy in his pocket.
- I don't think he'll ever stop pining for the closet case you're referring to, r399. But I agree he could do much better than Nick. At least he's not with Brian anymore. I saw Brian in person once at one of Randy's plays and to this day I have no idea what Randy saw him in, physically anyway. It's the same when he was with Simon. Why does he go with these guys that are so physcially unattractive? I do think Nick is the most attractive boyfriend he's had so far. But that's not saying much.
- Brian was/is physically revolting, I also saw him in person. And while
Nick may look better his character and moral fiber are seriously lacking, also I heard he is as dump as a rock.
- A pattern seems to be emerging. When Gale was in NY for Fashion week-two days later Randy is spotted in the Baltimore/DC area for a VD celebration with Nick. Now two days after Gale' infamous "I'm straight" interview- Randy makes a bee line to Nick in Seattle. All this amiss Randy' uncharacteristic tweets of exhaustion and insomnia. Randy stop pining for a closet case and stop whoring yourself out to a whore.
- This a gossip thread - granted - but let the gossip be based on something to do with reality.
There is ONE photo of Nick M with the guy you people are raving on about. In the same photo there are also females from the same dance company. Why not say NM is having it off with one of them as well?
As for NM being dumb, I assume that's based on his Facebook favourites. He isn't into high literature. That doesn't make him dumb. Plenty of intelligent people don't read books at all.
- Oh there's plenty of pictures out there, just look in the right places.
- There are definitely more than one photo of Nick and Jacob. And Randy's online behavior after the rest of the pictures became public adds weight to those rumors.
- Absolutely there are more than just one pic of them together, this thing has been happening right under Randy's nose for sometime and if he believes Nick's bullshit, then he is the idiot.. Someone please tell us when he ends things, finally.
- Wait. How do we know Randy's pining away for a closet case? I assume you mean Gale. And how do we know Gale is a closet case, unless you're talking about someone else.
I never got the impression that Randy was interested in Gale off-screen.
- All I know is when QAF was still airing the cast was giving an interview Gale was on another location. While Gale was talking Randy loudly proclaimed 'I love you!'.....
- R408, that is such an "actor" thing. They're always saying that kind of shit to each other. It doesn't mean a thing. Not to mention, even if it did, that was how many years ago?
- Anyone have news on Randy and Nick's lovers getaway?
- They're in Portland at the moment, r410. Nick left a comment on his facebook saying: "road trip to Portland!" I don't know any other details though.
- I would think their time together would end when Flashdance moves on to Arizona soon.
- What about those rumors that Randy's BF is cheating?
But I'm more interested in what is Gale up to, professionally and personally?
- Apparently Randy is cool with his boyfriend having a little extra on the side.
- Is there any actual evidence of randy's bf cheating on him?
Unless these photos are of Nick fucking this guy I really don't see how u can come to that conclusion
- Your logic is dumbfounding. We have we ever had pictures of a celebrity sans Kristen Stewart cheating. We didn't have pictures of Randy fucking the escort but Brian believed it.
Randy is just a narcissistic loser just like the boyfriends he chooses.
Just because Randy drove all the way out to Seattle to visit the ho doesn't mean Nick isn't a ho.
All of Randy' tweets of exhaustion and insomnia plus retreating a friend's home in the Berkshire doesn't describe a happy camper packing for his reunion with his soulmate.
Randy has had many long term relationships. Yes, he was with Simon for 5 years. But Randy lived in Toronto for 8 mos out of the year. Once he returned to NY; Simon fled to Italy and that relationship ended.
- Honestly, Randy needs sex like everyone else. I consider Nick a convenient way to get this need met and we all know Randy likes to travel. But at some point, soon I hope, it will fizzle out.
- You call driving across the country as a convenient way to get sex. No other gays in NYC?
- [quote]But I'm more interested in what is Gale up to, professionally and personally?
He ran away!
- Simon fled to Italy? I've never heard that.
- Yes, Simon went to Italy to help start up some magazine. Forgot if it was print or online.
- Gale, one of the grantees at the Tribeca Film Festival
- That guy in the plaid shirt? Are you sure that's Gale? He looks younger.
- I don't think that's Gale.
- That is not Gale, he rarely if ever wears plaid, but that guy does not even look like him.
- So he's still wearing that stupid hat then.
- [quote]Randy is just a narcissistic loser just like the boyfriends he chooses.
R416 for someone who hates Randy you seem to pay a lot of attention to what he is doing. Have you some weird vendetta against him or something?
Just because there are 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever photos of Nick M and that other guy together does not mean that they're having it off. You may as well say that Randy is also having it away with Chris Coulson as there are a number of photos of them together too (or just pick any of the QWAN cast members).
As for other celebrity gossip which turns out to be true - yes, sure this happens, but also the opposite is true. It's not possible to believe all the gossip on the DL and all the crap in gossip magazines. It's often contradictory - Brad and Angelina are splitting up / they're getting married - Nicole is having affairs with the leading man in her latest film / Nicole is a lesbian and Tom/Keith were/are beards.
- Randy and Nick are the gay version of Brad and Angie? Now, that is a hoot. I don't think going on mini vacations is just an one off. Plus, Randy' mini social media meltdown didn't sound like a man chopping at the bit to reunite with his true love.
As for the picture: The hat, eyes, glasses and chin look like Gale. But the plaid and lips do not.
What do I know about his fashion choices. I never thought he was into the preppy look. But then again all the models sporting the preppy fashions looked gay.
- Looks like him
- R416 / R428 - you didn't answer my question - why are you so obsessed by someone you hate?
By "mini-breakdown" you mean RH's Twitter "often exhausted without explanation, making incomprehensible comment from the corner.
Brooklyn, NY". I've just copied and pasted it. This is not indicative of "mini" (it's been around for weeks) or a breakdown. Just Randy's ironic sense of humour I suspect. Do you honestly think R would start sharing his innermost thoughts with the world - you've got to be kidding.
[Americans supposedly don't get irony. You cleary don't, but I'm sure many do e.g. Randy].
- That coupled with his bouts of insomnia; one night staying up into the wee mornings reading a serial killer novel in which even a friend of his tweeted a little concern about him. Randy departing from previous behavior is responding to fans questions and using his twitter to converse with friends. Randy since opening a twitter account used is primarily for professional purposes. Except for that one tweet to Brian. He later started posting things that interested him. But Randy never used his twitter to converse with other friends nor fans until Nick's pictures were published on this thread.
Randy seemed in desperate need of attention and was using all means to attracting it. He didn't appear to be psyched up for his cross country travel to the west coast.
Combined with Nick posting about Randy' arrival to Seattle and their road trip to Portland. Nick has never posted details about his relationship with Randy until now. Both are trying to project a happy couple but when that happens it usually means the opposite is true.
.will tell. Its going to be a difficult relationship to maintain anyway if Nick decides to stay with the FD tour until its end which is sometime in 2014.
- Better a hot dancer his own age than an aging actor who denies who he is.
- Nick is almost a decade younger than Randy and Jacob is younger than that. Fresh and pliable young meat.
- Agreed this whole Nick and randy thing is all about sex and feeling young. But the relationship just cannot work long-term and Randy should stop wasting his time. He is not getting any younger either.
- Your post made me laugh R431. And now... for another episode of... AS RANDY'S WORLD TURNS.
- Nick is 29 this year! He's not so much younger!
- 6 years is a huge difference in the gay community which value youth. Randy is Nicks' Daddy bear.
- [quote]6 years is a huge difference in the gay community which value youth. Randy is Nicks' Daddy bear.
In what way are you an authority? - given that you're a straight women and all.
Has anyone on this loopy thread considered that R and N might have an open relationship? They could be committed and monogamous, not committed and monogamous, not monogamous and committed, not monogamous and not committed - who knows? certainly no one on this thread. One of these has to be correct, but this is not good gossip.
As for Randy supposedly reading a book about a serial killer ... how does this idiot poster know this and even if it's true, who the hell gives a f***? If you read books, sometimes you read them to all hours. Some of us read true crime books. Big f****** deal. This is also not good gossip.
Can we go back to Gale please?
- There is no sometimes as per your speculative post. Randy and his friend were tweeting each other. Randy said he was reading a book because he couldn't sleep. His friend expressed concern. They talked about the book Randy was reading. His friend thought it was an odd choice. Randy said he was used to that kind of novel.
Why do the defenders of Randy try to twist everything and put a halo on this guy. He isn't a saint.
Maybe Randy and Nick have an open relationship. But it is curious, that 2 days after the pictures of Nick and his nubile boy toy were posted on DL Randy started his odd behavior on twitter. Odd as in things he never did before now becoming the normal for about a week.
Now Randy has resumed his previous posture in using twitter.
I just think there is enough fine grade ass in NYC than to be traveling a cross country for a man whose is dabbling with the chorus line. Do you know the snickers Randy had to face from the Flashdance cast. Maybe that is why Randy and Nick made a bee line to Portland.
- When we last tuned in...
Randy was debating how far is too far to travel for a hot piece of ass.
Friends were expressing concern about his choice of reading material.
Twitter followers were aghast that he made several tweets in [italic]just one week.[/italic] That's like an entire year's worth of tweets usually!
What is going on with Randy!!?? Stay tuned!
- [quote]Why do the defenders of Randy try to twist everything and put a halo on this guy.
I give up. I know what you're really getting at and reluctantly have to admit that you're right. Randy IS a serial killer. Everything points to it.
- It's very exciting R441.
- Well, hopefully Randy had a three-way with Nick and Jacob, now that would be Hot.
- What is Gale up to these days? And what happened to Danielle? Are they still together?
- My god. Can't we just move on?
- Jakob is spelled with a fucking K!
- However you spell his name, has he been screwing Nick or not?
- Yes, he has.
- Maybe Gale was in NY at the Tribeca Film Festival since twitter news broke that he has joined the cast of an independent short film entitled Thirst.
- God, not another indie film that we'll never see.
- Another short film to boot. Gale is so low on the totem pole in Hollywood. He has been reduced to the level of a student actor.
- I was thinking that has been seems pretty appropriate for him these days. Gale and his management team are idiots coming out to whatever he is could probably create some desperately needed buzz around Gale, instead he is still hiding and steadily killing his career in the process.
- What the f*** was up with that interview? I read a few of Illana Rapp's other articles and they're pretty 1st year journalism bad.
Anytime gale sounds remotely eloquent you know he's been paraphrased.
When was the very last time gale proclaimed his straightness before this article? Or even mentioned a girlfriend?
More to the point, if he was planning on doing a massive campaign to promote his heterosexuality, why use and obscure writer/website?
- I agree - that article doesn't seem credible for all the reasons you give. It is as though his management provided the answers
Even when Gale is reasonably relaxed he isn't that eloquent. In the recent Sheena Metal program he played his favourite songs with a very friendly and kind SM. No questions about QAF or sexuality - just music. Even so, he stumbled about a bit. Nothing wrong with that, but there was plenty wrong with that website interview.
- That's one of the stupidest things I have ever read. How you can compare a live interview (spoken..) with a written one? I am sure that also on the written interview he stumbled a bit, like everyone else. All interviews are edited a bit. Otherwise they will be filled with "ehm, well, you know..."
- [quote]That's one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
You really must get out more (or just read your own post).
Of course we don't want to read a bunch of "ums". It's not just the lack of "ums". The answers in the web interview are generally quite eloquent. That isn't Gale. The fact that he mentions his straightness 3 times isn't really Gale either, or at least, I hope not. Even if he is straight (unlikely) I hope he would not overemphasise the point. Hal Sparks did this in the past and got lots of flack. Now Gale does it and people are defending him - why?
- I've read quite wonderful interviews with Gale- especially when he speaking to someone who knows about the project he is working on and asks intelligent questions. The NPR one on OD comes to mind, plus the last one about TSC. He also was good at the Georgia Student Filmmaker function and the It's getting better video was perfect.
But I do believe he protested too much about his straightness. And as for Hal- it wasn't about the number of times he said he was straight. It was about him comparing kissing a man to a dog.
But this is all about actor rehabilitation.
- Whatever it is, I really don't think it convinced anyone that was questioning Gale's straightness, that he is indeed straight. It anything it made him look like a shit person that is willing to say whatever anyone wants him to for a job.
- R459 So what there are millions upon millions of people who are willing to do the same today in our economy.
I find it so bizarre how people applaud actors, singers and now athletes for coming out of the closet. Don't you realize they were in the closet for years and sometimes decades.
And for every actor, singer and athlete that does come out of the closet; there are nine others stuck way in the back of the closet that will never come out.
Judge not or yet yea will be judge by your same measuring stick.
- I find it strange that people are talking about Gale like he deserves compassion or understanding for his lack of honesty. He plays this game where he takes four steps towards the closet door and then takes seven steps back in. Obviously noone can make him tell the truth, but I still find comfort in people like Jason Collins who find the courage to be who they are and if Gale does not want to live his life out in the open it makes me very sad for the happiness he could have, but will never obtain because he is hiding his true self.
Someone said we don't know what crosses he has to bear and that is true we don't but he is making the decision to be clearly dishonest and deny himself all the love and support that he would receive by being honest and that is unacceptable.
- If Gale doesn't want to come out of the closet as bi (not gay) it's his own personal choice and people should respect that. I think most do but there are also others that don't. And that's what I find sad.
- Life is too short, not to be truly happy with whoever you love. Gale of all people should know this and still he hides, that is the saddest thing of all.
- Gale's life. Gale's choice.
- " am sure that also on the written interview he stumbled a bit, like everyone else. All interviews are edited a bit. Otherwise they will be filled with "ehm, well, you know..."
A good journalist will include all those conversational quirks or use parentheses like this  [to let the reader know that you have paraphrased or edited the interview]
I know it was a phone interview, but surely gale knew the tone of the article?
And he remembered the names of 2 people he met once 10 years ago, right off the top of his head?
And why has he never mentioned the VHS was his gf's in previous interviews - he's mentioned the story about seeing the UK series many times without including the gf. Also, the UK version was only shown in the US at small gay film festivals - it was very obscure.
- I seem to recall Gale being on Desperate Housewives a while back, then getting into a serious motorcycle accident.
- He is trying to prove how straight he is and that he could not have possibly had the video himself about a group of gay men, it safely belonged to his GF.
- R161 When has gale ever taken any steps out of the closet door?
- Whose freakin business is it? It's only Gale' business and the person he is sleeping with. Like everyone is honest. The term privacy of the bedroom means just that. PRIVATE. I don't see Randy being honest about being a narcissistic prick who just loves a good big cock.
- Randy always seemed pretty upfront about being a narcissistic prick.
What Gale seems to be doing lately is waging a major "I am a hetero" campaign. And by doing so has invited discussion about his sexual preferences.
Strange how many of his fans, having praised Harold for years for downplaying his sexual orientation, are now defending him for doing the opposite.
- What Gale seems to be doing lately is waging a major "I am a hetero" campaign.
And how exactly has he been doing that? Just because he mentioned an old girlfriend once? Big deal. I think everyone is reading WAY to much into what he said in that interview.
- So over this topic. Give the guy a break! He wants to work and coming out or not isn't going to affect offers. There are actors who will remain in the closet until they are dead and gone. Their business and not up to me to speculate over their happiness. It's bullshit to suggest that he's holding back the cause if he doesn't come out. Not my fucking business or yours. Agree with others that it's Gale's business who he does or doesn't sleep with. His comment about being wary of social networking and the beetles coming out of the walls is telling. Maybe he wants to live his private life in private? Does he have to justify his sexuality? If he's gay, great. If he's straight, great. Just hope that he's getting some! Liked his acting style in QAF and thought he made a great Wyatt Earp in Deadwood. Didn't like his role at all in DH. He suits the cold bad-boy role. Done.....
- Yes , he mentioned an old girlfriend once. He also managed to shoehorn that he was both "straight" and a "hetero" into one short interview. I don't think his old QAF co-stars Hal Sparks or even Chris Potter ever managed that.
- Maybe he was trying to impress the "journalist"
- Well, she is married with at least one son, so I don't think so.
Re: Randy, I think from the beginning most people were pretty clear that Nick was primarily a relatively decent size penis and his usefulness was relagated to the bedroom. It remains obvious as Nick has been screwing Jakob while on tour and Randy appears fine with this arrangement. No surprises there.
Gale however is trying to present an image for himself that is extremely far from reality, but perhaps Gale thinks he is straight if he just has sex with men and does not form any emotional attachment to them.
- Who doesn't try to present an image that is far from reality. You put acne cream and makeup to cover your zits and blemishes.
Bottom line it is his business not ours. The only thing Gale owes to his fan is a good performance on screen.
- [quote]Whose freakin business is it? It's only Gale' business and the person he is sleeping with. Like everyone is honest. The term privacy of the bedroom means just that. PRIVATE. I don't see Randy being honest about being a narcissistic prick who just loves a good big cock.
What a ridiculous comparison. Here's a better way to compare the two of them:
Randy started to come out at age 17. He continued to come out to everyone. He has never hidden his sexuality despite possible adverse consequences. NEVER.
Meanwhile, Gale is probably bi but now says he is straight. For a long time he seemed to be happy for others to make up their own minds about his sexuality but now he seems to be worried about his career. This is such a bad look, especially given that his biggest role to date was Brian Kinney. He is betraying everyone associated with that show when he proclaims his supposed straightness.
Fair enough that he not want to talk about his private life, but why tell out and out lies. The more noble thing to do would be not to talk about his sexuality at all if he wishes to continue to hide in the closet.
- [b]Gale however is trying to present an image for himself that is extremely far from reality, but perhaps Gale thinks he is straight if he just has sex with men and does not form any emotional attachment to them.
My guess is that he is bi but finds it easier to live as a heterosexual man ie he has overt romantic attachments with women not men ( a no brainer - afterall, isn't that often the easy way out for many bi-sexuals). He must be conscious of this though. He must know that if you like having sex with men then you can't be straight. He's lying - it isn't that he doesn't know himself.
- Let say it over and over again until this thread closes. It's none of our business who Gale F***. It is none of our business if he lies about who he F***.
- Amen to that 
- It's none of our business ? That's weird given that this is the Datalounge! If you follow that to its logical conclusion half the threads would have to be removed.
It may not really be our business, however how can anyone be impressed by someone who tells blatant lies. Gale is rarely asked what his sexuality is, so it's usually easy enough to avoid being explicit about it. Why does Gale now feel the need to shout his straightness from the rooftop?
- The question is Hal, why does it bother you so much, unless he's fucking you?
- Anyone know if Randy is still with Nick while he's on tour? They start filming Such Good People in LA on May 22.
- Everyone knows that once you go gay, you cannot stay away. Gale will get caught at some point, it is inevitable.
- R485 I think he was lucky when the retweeting Randy's BF at the time did re: the question to him "What about Randy and Gale" was taken down, along with the "Randy's a cheater" stuff. How can it have been a coincidence that this cheating accusation of Randy's BF (Brian?)broke them up or nearly broke them up at precisely the same time Yara was suddenly no longer Gale's real or beard GF?
- So, what about Randolph - top or bottom'?
- R482 Datalounge is about providing good gossip not harping on someone' truthfulness. All celebrities lie. But being pissed off because Gale is lying about his sexuality is absurd. Maybe, everyone should walk around with a note on their shirts saying they are gay, straight, bi, into little kids, dead bodies, animals and so forth. Maybe this will satisfy you.
It is obvious why Gale is proclaiming his straightness. Hollywood is a small community-the casting directors know many of the working actors. Gale hasn't been able to secure a good role since TSC was cancelled. He needs a job and to come across as straight to all the people in the business who knows he is not and don't think he can convince an audience.
- R487 Versatile but a whiny bottom.
- Gale proclaimed his straightness shortly after QAF began. Since that point, he's never said otherwise. I don't even think he's bisexual or he would've said so way back when.
He's not lying. So give it up already.
- BB's RT of the famous question is still there.
- I actually think Gale and Yara broke up around May and Randy and Brian broke up a month or two later. I am not saying that one did not have to do with the other, but the break ups were not at exactly the same time.
So, is randy still screwing nick, I really want this "relationship" over already?
- Randy is no longer following Nick around on the Flashdance tour. He's taking part in a play reading in NYC tomorrow afternoon.
- How u know Yara and Gale broke up in May?
I've always been a fan of this quote of randy's - "I don’t think Gale’s quite as manipulative as Brian"...So, he IS manipulative then, Randolph?
- Randy seems happy and tweeting today. I guess spending time with Nick and his dick, did him some good.
- Nick's digitally enhanced dick.
- LOL r497. Randy is back in NY now but Such Good People starts filming in LA on May 22.
Hmmm...how do you know this about Randy, r489?
- That person also said he would be participating in a reading, but I haven't heard about any reading, strange?!
- This is the play reading I was referring to at the Abingdon Theatre Company.
The Not Too Distant
By Matthew Wilkas
Thursday, May 2 at 2pm
When Jed Reech decides to disconnect from the world by destroying his cell phone and laptop, all hell breaks loose. His boss can’t cope, his friends freak out, and a long-range ballistic missile is inadvertently launched. The Not Too Distant explores the difficulties of disconnecting in the digital age.
- Gale's recent twitter header pic. He removed he pic today. His twitter name is @raskolito
- He despises the interwebs and social media and then of all things he has a twattr account? Good grief.
- He insists he hates all social media and yet he's got a twitter account. He insists he's straight...
- Does Harold have a new publicist?
All of a sudden he gives interviews were he goes out of his way to claim he is straight. And fairly recently opened a twitter account.
Wonder how much traffic will slow down on Scott Lowell's site if Gale actually uses twitter account.
- He has a Twitter account since 2010, so no, he hasn't opened it recently and yes, he is a liar. About his sexuality as well.
- Not to mention his FB account...
- Yes, he is dishonest, but else is new? His tweeter account is protected and he has to grant you access to it, but apparently he has been accepting more fans requests to follow him recently.
- It seems like both Gale and Randy talk a lot of BS - what about Randy recently claiming he's never dated someone who watched qaf, when that's how he met Simon?
It's true that gale has only recently started accepting followers, and randy has only recently started tweeting followers
- Yes, they are both dishonest, not new info. But I do think Gale tends to be dishonest about most things and Randy is dishonest when it comes to Gale.
- Some of you guys are so mean spirited. I believe that G only has a twitter account for his friends. If he really has accepted fan requests he must have been drunk or something. I can't blame him for not wanting to communicate with fans via the web. Both he and Randy have had some pretty weird and entitled fans in the past. Seeing fans at cons and after plays is probably enough to handle.
I doubt that Simon was ever a qaf fan. He met Randy after being given the job of interviewing him. No doubt he took an interest in the show after they got together but I don't think he was ever a fan. Quite the contrary I suspect.
Everyone bends the truth sometimes but that is not the same thing as telling out and out lies. Randy mostly does not lie except perhaps when protecting his privacy. He's a straight shooter which does get him into trouble. Gale usually only bends the truth, but I did wonder about his thrice "I'm straight" in that recent interview.
- R488 / R489 the datalounge is not specifically about GOOD gossip. It is about other things aside from gossip but when it is about gossip it can be good, bad or indifferent. An example of bad gossip is your R489 post. YOu're a female Gale fan so you would have no idea whether Randy was a top or bottom or what either entails so stop writing crap.
Gale's sexuality is a valid gossip target. He was the main actor in gay TV series. Of course people want to know how deeply in the closet he is. Sometimes people post on the DL purporting to know Gale or to know somone who knew Gale. Some posts seem bogus. Others not so much. Whatever the case, it's valid gossip.
- Well, Gale let approximately 150 fans follow him, so he must be drunk often.
Also, if people do something he does not like, he will delete them. So, the fans that got access are on their best behavior.
- R512 I didn't realise it was so many. Maybe like Randy he has been encouraged to do this by his management ( I assume that is why Randy is on twitter), though if you're right I wonder why he didn't create a new account with a much more obvious name.
What sorts of things get followers banned?
- Gale has had an account since 2010. Apparently to stay in touch with some professional friends. He started accepting friends request in 30 or so batches. He has slowed down a lot in accepting friends requests.
He does regularly delete some followers for unknown violations. We can't see what his followers tweets him unless we are following that person or the follower is responding to one of his tweets.
But he has removed some pictures and tweets before. He just removed the beach photo yesterday. So I guess some of his followers had already copied and forward the pictures.
He mostly posts about music. He has a great ear.
I don't think management is the reason he is test driving letting his fan follow him. I just think he wants to try to connect with his fans which he still considers "beetles". Because they come out of the woodwork with all their craziness.
Gale seems to be a nice guy.
- I liked his recent Sheena Metal interview. He's obviously a serious collector of music. Though his and my likes probably only half overlap I enjoyed how he expressed himself and his enthusiasm. I prefer listening/reading g and r talk about what they love rather than awkward interviews about qaf, or even worse, boring interviews about the shite that g has had to promote in recent years.
Btw, I don't know how big G's role is in Defiance but I have read one favourable review in a serious newspaper plus it has been getting some decent promotion (e.g. the sides of london buses).
- It's very naive to think you know these guys well enough to know whether they're telling the truth or not. You don't know them. All you know is their public persona.
- Come on, Randy and gale are not A-list celebrities with a publicity team and body guards to protect them. They are basically normal people that were on a TV show with a huge female following who think these guys give a shit about them and these women waste their time and money traveling all over to see them in their performances. And they really don't do that great of a job hiding their private info since they both keep screwing people who want to brag about it and air all their dirty laundry on tweeter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Twitter what?
- Strictly speaking - no-one has talked about sleeping with either guy on any site?
- Technical speaking you aren't correct. You can't know whether those that have made such claims are lying or not. You can only make an educated (or uneducated) guess.
- [quote]He insists he hates all social media and yet he's got a twitter account.
Really? He [italic]insisted[/italic] that he [italic]hates[/italic] it? At most, all I have ever heard or read is that he is not interested in it in any official capacity. And that he doesn't like to spend much time using it.
I swear to God, on a sunny day he could say the sky was blue and you guys would call him a liar. All the while lying your asses off yourselves. Gale said the sky was purple!! He's a liar and that proves he's in love with Randy! Crazy ass bullshit.
- I would really hope that before people make statements, even on a site like this, that they have some shred of evidence to support their claims and/or opinions.
Gale uses his account regularly, he just until recently, did not want his fans to know about it or have access to it.
- R522 you're so delusional. He actually spends a long time on his personal account, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, who knows what else.
- I wouldn't say he spend a long time on his twitter account. Before Gale started to accept fans to follow him; he didn't seem to tweet that much. Now he tweets about once a week. We can't judge how much time he spends on people he follows but he has an interesting bunch of people listed. He just started to follow fans. He is following 2 so far.
There is nothing wrong on how Gale conducts his social media accounts. It is solely up to him to decide how to use these tools.
But it was very funny reading fans post about how non technical Gale was. Developing a whole persona of Gale that did not reside in any form of reality.
We don't know this man and he owes us nothing but a good performance.
- Sure it's fun to see that the same "fans" that called others liars when they claimed Gale was on Twitter, are now following him.
- [quote]But it was very funny reading fans post about how non technical Gale was. Developing a whole persona of Gale that did not reside in any form of reality.
I don't think tweeting is evidence of being "technical". It's about as technical as withdrawing money from an ATM machine.
- The hottest main guys on the show were Robert Gant and Chris Potter. Never saw what was so hot about Gale Harold.
- Chris Potter? You can't be serious.
- [quote]Chris Potter? You can't be serious.
Yes, I can be...
He has horrible skin and the most unattractive lips. Sorry, no.
- Sorry, yes. He's hotter than Gale, for sure. Thin lips or no. You have bad taste.
- Heh. Of course I have. The worst.
Hey, whatever makes you feel better ^.^
- Have to agree about Chris Potter being hot. Even if he did hate kissing men.
- R527 People were calling Gale a non techy and trying to describe his personality as someone who avoids all types of social media. They even used as example him fumbling to locate a song on his phone to share with some convention folks as an example of his now techy abilities.
The cray cray fans make up this whole persona of Gale that is so hilariously in accurate. But they believe they know him. He has only done 2 conventions and his fans ascribe some many attributes to him that are not based in any real. It's not even gossip. It's what Gale calls "beetles coming out of the woodwork".
And no wonder the man has been fearful of his fans. They make him be whatever they want him to be. And get upset when he doesn't live up to their non reality.
That's why it is funny that the people who were so vocal in denouncing that Gale had a twitter account are all running to his account hoping and praying that he accepts them to follow him.
But if you let your beetle out he doesn't hesitate in barring a fan from following him. Go for him. He shouldn't have to waste his time dealing with other peoples craziness. Life is too short.
- Um, R535?
You do realize that you sound exactly the same way (creepy, overfamiliar) when you talk about Gale Harold as the posters that you're complaining about, right?
In fact, you sound even creepier.
You need some self-awareness.
- I don't know him. I just knew he had a twitter account and I think he is bisexual. But I have no evidence to support my thought.
But then again, I had no evidence when I thought John Travolta and the guy from Milli Vanilli either. Gale just pings for me. That's all.
- Gale pings for many people, I don't think that is a coincidence.
- All I'm saying is gale is less than honest. Make of that what u will.
- r521 Correct - I can't but neither can you. My guesses are neither educated or uneducated as I believe that unless there are photos or those in question are admitting to anything, then it's all just speculation. Straight, gay or getting it off with himself? End of the day, it doesn't matter. Simply liked him in a few shows and would be happy to see him in something else.
- [quote][R522] you're so delusional. He actually spends a long time on his personal account, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, who knows what else.
I have no idea what he does or doesn't do. I don't know him.
- New article from Gale. And for all the haters saying Gale can't speak and is in articulate. This just proves you wrong. The interview took place late yesterday afternoon and was turned around and posted online in less than 24 hours. If Gale was so retarded in his speaking voice, this reporter would have needed more time to make him seem intelligent. She seems to have just transcribed her tape recorder of him and posted.
- I like the interview. He seems funny and cool.
- He really can't wait to meet his lovely fans in LA... He has said it a lot of times!
- Wonder if Harold got see those questions beforehand.
- No. The fan questions were amassed by the reporter right before she spoke to Gale. Her exchanges with fans and the timeline of her interview with Gale and posting the article can be documented. People look for anything to knock this guy.
- Since when do they bother to document timelines and questions? That by itself is suspect.
- Some people are so anal and not in a good positive life affirming way. You can look at the reporters twitter thread and see her tweets and fans tweets regarding Gale' interview. By checking the time of the tweets you can see how the reporter compiled questions, said she was off to interview him, came back and responded about the interview, and made a statement of when article would be posted and posted the article in less than 24 hours of the time the interview took place.
Grow a brain. People calling Gale stupid are retarded themselves.
- I am just glad he tried to keep it professional this time and did not declare his straightness again.
- "It's not lying if they make you lie."
- Are you trying to say that people make Gale lie? Cause if you are, I am calling bullshit on that one.
- Who cares R551. Give yourself a heart attack. The QAF producers didn't want Gale to comment on his sexuality at all so they could attract the huge straight female audience they did attract for the show. Not saying anything is Sins of Omission.
Why are you such a fanatic what Gale does or doesn't utter about his sexuality. Did he turn down your advances? Hahahaha
- R552 Gale decided on not speaking about his sexual orientation during QAF season 1, not anyone else.
Also, Gale is bi. Bipolar. HAHAHA.
- Interview link is dead.
- R458 (AKA elsewhere as Pheonixrising) you're pretty anal yourself - bothering to check this latest interviewer's tweets.
Gale's sexuality hidden to attract hetero women to QAF? That makes Gale, the producers of the show and those women really pathetic if it is true. Hmm ... but is it true? More likely it's all Gale - he's bi but it is so much more easy to say you're hetero (I know from experience). He's bi but he will never admit it.
- That is sad that someone like Gale, who is highly intelligent and calls himself a supporter of the LGBTQ community hides himself. I wonder how the men that he has been involved with feel about his "straightness"?
- I agree with the Bipolar diagnosis.
- Bipolar -joking yes?
It's hard to keep working on long running tv shows when bipolar. Unless his medication is good in which case he's probably asexual. More likely bisexual.
- Nick's latest comment on his facebook. Wonder if he'll be spending the 2 weeks off with Randy?
In Costa Mesa for the next 2 weeks, then a nice 2 week layoff! Yay!!
- R458 You railed against Gale so much because the Gale and Randy love story that you invested years in while living in your pathetic California abode is finally OVER. You are close to Hollywood but you realize that tv shows screen and test their audience before actually airing the series. It gives the show a final chance to change any flaws in the characters or storyline. Cowen and Lipman repeatedly commented about the rating were the largest share of their audiences.
All show use what ever they have to promote a show. Having Gale be mysterious about his sexuality benefitted the shows producers and the cable network. Gale was already receiving a contracted salary but the producers and network needed the show to be successful so they could make money.
Gale was a novice actor when he secured the role of Brian Kinney. He has never since played the publicity game as he did under the QAF producers' guidance. You know Ms. Anal girl- TV shows are a business.
As for Gale' interview. You can go to the reporters' thread and READ her tweets. Please get your head out of Randy's ass and move on.
Gale and Randy are not lovers. Nick has Randy all whimpered out.
- [quote]Gale and Randy are not lovers.
Phoenixrising, for as long as I've been aware of your existence your main theory has been that G and R have been a couple for the last 13 years, though you usually paint it as fact.
As far as I know, R is still happily with N. I don't know if Gale is with anyone.
Hollywood? I've been in LA for 2 days in my entire life. I didn't go anywhere near HW. I kind of regret that now.
- I just watched the first three episodes. I have had the DVD's this whole time but never watched them. So far I've really enjoyed it. Seeing them brought back all kinds of memories...nice memories.
- Some people on this board need to be careful about throwing insults around. You are assuming people are posting things and you are not correct. Get your information straight before you start mud slinging. Otherwise you just look like an arrogant asshole.
- I think everyone will agree when I say all of us are clueless about these little details of their private lives. Our flaw is that in groups like ours (DL posters who cannot hold our tongues) we all want to be heard and we all want approval from people who are equally clueless for reasons we cannot explain. Why don't we just wait for the conventions and try to have these questions about them answered by themselves.
- Getting back to the interview - that's how you transcribe a phone conversation! You can tell @screenspy is a proper journo.
- I don't feel like reading the whole thread. Did they actually have a reunion? Who attended? How come Sparks wasn't invited? Is he a major asshole?
- R566 the original post is from over 2 years ago. The referred to reunion was on a talk radio station. From memory I think Hal was invited but couldn't make it for some reason. There was another reunion on the same radio station a few weeks ago. Again Hal wasn't in attendance. I don't know if he was invited. There was also a con in Germany last year which H did go to, and I think he going to an upcoming one in LA.
He does not seem to be as close to the other main cast as they are with each other. I don't know the reason.
It seems that Hal and Gale don't get on from all accounts. It will be interesting to see how they interact at the LA con (assuming they both show).
- On the radio reunion in 2011, the one this post was origianlly referring to, Hal Sparks wasn't invited.
There was a Queer af Folk convention last year in Germany with the entire cast except Gale Harold, who pulled out at the last minute.
There is another convention in LA this June. Six of the cast of nine are supposed to be there. Sharon Gless has not accepted at this point. And Hal and Thea Gill have not been invited.
- According to Scott Lowell Hal was invited in 2011.
Why is Gale doing these conventions now? When they had conventions in Toronto during the first run of the show, Harold usually couldn't be bothered to attend.
- Do you really need to ask, R570?
- Yes, [R570] here, I really need to ask.
- When is this shitty thread reaching 600 already
- I`ve been watching QAF on OUTTV. It`s decent and I have to say that yeah the chemistry between Harold and Harrison is definitely intense.
- When they had the conventions in Toronto neither Gale or Randy attended. And they filmed there. I find it kind of ironic that now they're willing to attend these conventions 8 years after the show has ended. But I guess they're willing to do anything for a free trip to places like Germany and Spain.
Hal and Thea were probably not invited to the LA convention because they can't stand each other. That's what I've heard anyway.
- [quote] Why is Gale doing these conventions now? When they had conventions in Toronto during the first run of the show, Harold usually couldn't be bothered to attend.
Because his career is dead.
- Yes, Gale wants all his fans to think he does these conventions because he loves his fans. But he and Randy both do them for the money and the free trips, since they usually make more than the other actors for these events. They make a huge income considering it is a couple days of work for them.
- Hello, I don't know if anybody has heard something about a new girlfriend called Shirley. I think Gale and she have been together for some time now.
- There's something very stinky about not inviting all of the main cast for a QAF reunion.
- R578 please! Shirley is a friend, always has been. Shut up already.
- Shirley is a filmmaker friend of Gale. She rides her motorcycle with him and happens to be a lesbian. Stop the nonsense.
- Sundance Labs for this summer have been announced, I wonder if/when Gale is gonna cancel his presence to the convention in LA?
- Yes , it is "stinky] that they won't invite the whole cast. And the reason for this is reportedly because the actors, or at least some of the actors, are getting a lot more money than was offered at the german convention, where everyone was invited.
Next spring Harold is doing a convention in Spain. No one will say how much he is getting paid, only that it is a lot. So it will most likely be another convention with many of the actors off the invite list.
- Well I love the show and it has aged well. Hard to believe this all started 13 years ago. It seems relevant today, too.
- [quote]Yes , it is "stinky] that they won't invite the whole cast. And the reason for this is reportedly because the actors, or at least some of the actors, are getting a lot more money than was offered at the german convention, where everyone was invited.
Well, I'm not buying it. I think it has more to do with avoiding conflicts.
- What conflicts. That they might be worried that Harold and Sparks are going to get in a fistfight?
Or maybe Gale threatened not to show if Hal was there. Actually, that's a possibility.
- Yes, because Hal would say the truth about him.
- Eleven more
- 10 more ... as a countdown thrills you, R589
I'm surprised that Hal hasn't been invited. He has a lot of fans, including 70,000 on Twitter which is far more than what Randy and Gale have. Does this mean that he has lots of standup comedy fans?
He's a pretty mediocre standup comedian in my opinion, but looks like thousands disagree with me.
- Please let us know where the useless debate moves on
- It's like watching my past life. What it was like, what we did, how we did it before it all changed for me. I miss the old days and the good times.
- Listen at :20. The man knows his stuff.
- ITA R92 -- Here's to the good old days and that we managed to live through them.
- Yes, r594, we lived managed to live through them. A lot of us didn't but some of us did.
- Why is this thread from 2011 still alive?
- [quote]Why is this thread from 2011 still alive?
Non subscribers want to gush over Harold so they glom onto whatever is open. They'll start up on another open one after this one closes.
- Degrassi alums Damon Runyon and John Bregar auditioned for the roles of Brian and Justin, respectively. Each of those actors are way hotter than Gale and Randy.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9EG7LXCqPiY/SWkiYdMvrgI/AAAAAAAAKL8/ipuRBycocVU/s400/John Bregar (4).jpg
- Does anyone have any gossip from the Rise and Shine con in LA that Gale, Randy, Scott, Michelle, Robert and Peter attended? Two posts left here ...
- r598 we talked about QAF Con in other treads but they keep closing them. Google a bit. I think there is a thread named Queer as Folk with about 30 posts.
- Are you talking about the interview from the Sheena metal show? I think I heard that Gale was due to appear but had to 'help' a friend. What's the the deal with Him, Randy and Hal? Hal always seems to me as a jealous douchebag.