Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please don’t be too harsh. Bitches. But some advice …

I just ended my relationship with my 30 year old Italian boyfriend. I love him so much. Still. But his delusional jealousy was too much.

So, after nearly 3 years, my Italian adventure is over.

I am back America for the first time in three years. Wow. Just wow. Still so beautiful but the prices!!

I digress.

I need a place to live.

I am thinking Miami. Downtown.

Maybe Nashville? Columbus?

Boston is too expensive.

And I still don’t want to work, hence my preference for Florida. Del Ray? St Augustine? Miami??

I am considered good looking. And it’s easy to meet men. My family consists of one brother and one sister. I want to be closer but not in the same city.

Chicago? I love it. But the weather.

by Anonymousreply 160May 8, 2024 2:48 PM

Try wESTchESTer OP

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2024 11:14 AM

West Chester—boring.

I’ve lived an adventure. And while I am so sad right now, I know this is where I now need to be.

I can now fluently speak Italian and i am a citizen of Europe. So, no regrets. But yeah, I was set for the Italian life until I couldn’t.

Ugh.

I’m also a widower. My husband of 25 years (together with him that long) died young. Parents died young. Tragically.

Life is odd.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2024 11:17 AM

I can't imagine coming back to the States in these times if I had an EU passport. Why not move to Spain if you were tired of Italy... it's much cleaner and better organized than Italy. And not full of MAGA trash like Florida.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2024 11:22 AM

r3, I thought of Madrid or Barcelona.

But I actually miss the States. I haven’t been here in so long.

But the prices! $2.89 for a Dasani?!

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 11:24 AM

(And trust me, Europe is becoming far right too. Spain is going through it with the hot liberal losing ground. Meloni is a female Trump for Italy, where gay marriage and adoption are illegal). Fascism is real in Europe and it’s spreading.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 11:25 AM

0/10 You tried too hard.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 11:26 AM

Idiot. Go back to Italy or anywhere in Europe. I broke up with a European boyfriend 15 years ago but I'm still in Europe (and Egypt).

Since you are obviously a man of means and leisure, fly to the states regularly to visit your family and also invite them for tours of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 11:32 AM

Try Narnia.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 11:32 AM

I suggest a lovely place in Miami called Shady Pines for your delusional senility.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2024 11:43 AM

Bogalusa!

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2024 11:44 AM

Was he a rescue boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2024 11:48 AM

Who knew Aaron Schock had left the country. I hear Kevin Spacey may have an opening if you’re young enough.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2024 11:49 AM

Your Italian boyfriend was too jealous of attention he perceived his 50+ bf was getting?

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2024 11:53 AM

[quote] Your Italian boyfriend was too jealous of attention he perceived his 50+ bf was getting?

He was scared of losing his sugar daddy and having to return to giving "massages"

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 11:59 AM

Yeah, I find that odd too. At first I thought maybe the OP was some 24 year old hunk, now we find out he's an old delusional fart. No way they broke op over the Italian guy being jealous of him. OP sounds DE-Lusional.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2024 12:00 PM

Columbus is perfect for you.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2024 12:09 PM

You're old OP, stick to Wilton Manors or Palm Springs. That's where all the old trolls go to die. On the plus side, you can still meet men of your own age.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2024 12:18 PM

Go to Staten Island and get yourself some fresh Italian sausage, OP. Post lots of pics to your instagram of you and your new boy toy getting your eyebrows waxed together and taking romantic mini-holidays in Atlantic City to really stick it to your ex.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2024 12:20 PM

How exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 12:22 PM

Denver sweetumns

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2024 1:02 PM

Sure, Jan. Your story makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2024 1:03 PM

At least you can say you dated a POC!

Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2024 1:15 PM

You people are terrible.

I am a very good looking man of means (using your words).

He was beautiful. No doubt. But it wasn’t about a sugar daddy situation as his family is well-off. He is also a very talented and creative man.

But yes. He has delusional jealousy. I couldn’t live like that. Never trusted. Always suspicious of me cheating even though we bought a palazzo in a secluded mountain top village in central Italy.

I would have done anything to be with him. The ease of the relationship. The sex. We were compatible with thoughts. We had an amazing life. But if you’ve been with someone who has delusional jealous, you will understand my decisions.

And it’s not easy. I think of him all the time. I want to call him. Tell him to come to America.

I sometimes ache for Italy.

But I need to think of my own well being. Happiness.

I feel so sad. I told him we would be together forever. And I abandoned him. But I had to. For my own safety and mental well being. He’s beautiful. His soul is beautiful. But he needs to help himself first.

Ugh. It hurts.

And now I am spending time with what’s left of my family. At the lake house. Off to the ocean. Driving a Grand Wagoneer. Wondering how this can be my life. Things on a ship. Two suitcases. Husband’s ashes. Left the cat with the maid in Italy. This is my life. Thinking of him in Italy. In that village.

Wondering where I will live next. I’m strongly considering downtown miami. I had a place in south beach but I really want something more quiet.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2024 1:19 PM

He would get insane when I wore my short shorts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2024 1:21 PM

Far away from me

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2024 1:23 PM

Definitely go back. We don't have good places to live anymore. Sorry, OP

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2024 1:23 PM

I heard Detroit is all the rage right now!

All The Gays are moving there.

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2024 1:26 PM

OP at r23, I would have dropped you for all the melodramatic sentence fragments.

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2024 1:27 PM

OP you are either one dizzy bitch or an attention whore, or quite likely both. From your odd style of writing titles and text, I remember your thread from a year ago this month "I moved to Rome. Too radical?" in which you wanted to humblebrag and squabble with every poster, dropping more and more hints about yourself along the way. And the inconsistencies: In May 2023 you noted it was the exact anniversary of having moved to Rome one year earlier. No mention of the boyfriend of three years (you were too busy fucking all of the Roman men in their 20s, what with your handsome and young face, how could they resist?.)

[quote]I moved to Rome a year ago exactly. I left my easy life at 52 in Washington. I lost my husband and both parents all within a short time for one another. They were all fairly young. So to help with my grief, I sold everything including a penthouse apartment and quit my job (I was a VP for 20 years with the same firm) and quietly lett my friends and what was left of my family. I now live near the Vatican. I don’t work (I am writing a book but mostly for myself). I am learning the language. The culture. And I’m surviving. My apartment is gorgeous and I live off investments. I will be in Greece for the month of August. And I brought my artwork and my cat. This is my life. I still cry daily for my soulmate. For him. But the sex is easy (with young virile men too)...

You want to blow air about the rise of the Right in Europe and solicit advice you don't want except to argue with it; and to whine about how much you miss the States ("but the prices!") when a year ago you didn't miss the States at all. And you want to write in your giveaway style of statements posed as questions. Here are some questions: What became of the book you were writing? And how was Greece in August? DId you take your cat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2024 1:28 PM

R24- You have just posted a photo of my

Dreamboat 🥰

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2024 1:30 PM

You ask for our advice, say you want to be close to your family , but don’t tell us where they are. TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 1:35 PM

OP here.

The bf lasted 10 months.

My European adventure lasted 3 years.

Everything I write above is accurate. This has been my life.

And I’m asking for advice as to where I can live until I find myself, my new purpose.

Yes. I am writing the book. I am only half way finished. It is a long tale.

Pretend I am a troll. Or crazy. Whatever. But at least shed some insight as to where I can live.

You can’t understand the life. Loneliness. Feeling an outsider because you feel alone. And now with the emptiness of him. He was so flawed. But so beautiful. On the inside too. He needs healing.

And who am I to think I could live that bucolic life? It was a silly fantasy. Yet I was happy. Truly.

I lost a lot leaving as I did.

And so I’m struggling now. I cry a lot. I feel guilty. I couldn’t save my husband and now this guy.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2024 1:41 PM

Most my senior friends here in Florida have young husbands from overseas. Get yourself the right zip code and your dreamboat will find you.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2024 1:50 PM

And Greece was incredible. Paros being my favorite place. I ended my friendship with my Ukrainian friend. She actually dumped me because when we went to Belgium to see her (where she had been staying) the Italian bf and I brought over a €7 bottle of red wine because we were in a rush to get to her dinner (she made it seem like it was a Michelin star experience but her French boyfriend basically made schnitzel). Anyway, she was shocked and didn’t speak to me for 6 weeks! I ended up meeting her over a cappuccino in Rome and we never spoke again.

I have been searching for happiness.

I have wasted so much money.

But I’ve experienced a lot.

I just wish it had gone differently with me and the bf. He was perfect in all ways except for the delusional jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2024 1:50 PM

I suggest Des Moines, OP. It's as banal as your writing.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2024 1:51 PM

First world problems.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2024 1:54 PM

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2024 1:55 PM

r36 and others, what is so hard to comprehend? Do you really think people like me don’t exist? I am hurting. Badly. My heart aches.

And I just thought I’d ask a broad spectrum of gays where they’d want to live.

I am stil seriously considering Miami. Downtown. More affordable. Del Ray?

My husband and I were co dependent. 24/7 together. My best friend. I needed no one else. So yeah, I don’t have many friends *I* consider close. I push people away when sad. And the Italian bf and I were also 24/7 together. For 10 months. Just the two of us. Sprinkled with some of his family and some travel. But the idyllic life it was.

So I’m a fish out of water here. I need to LAND somewhere. I’ll continue to travel. My cat is happy in Italy. I can be flexible but I need a home base.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2024 2:00 PM

Listen to R35, Des Moines is known for its large underground homosexual population.

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2024 2:01 PM

[quote] I sometimes ache for Italy.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2024 2:03 PM

We are interested in your story for a nine-part series.

But it has to end you falling in love with the 90 year-old.

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2024 2:06 PM

Spain

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2024 2:07 PM

Nashville? Florida? The home of the most fascist right-wing Republicans ripping their states apart? Ohio isn't any better. Yeesh.

Honestly, I'm not sure where in this country is good anymore. I'd suggest west coast but YEESH, the prices, and the natural disasters. Maybe Colorado? There are water issues there though. Chicago maybe? I dunno, OP. This country isn't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2024 2:09 PM

[quote]But his delusional jealousy was too much.

Don't take this personally, OP, but I feel like he was onto something. Just from the way you write, I feel like he was onto something.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2024 2:11 PM

You are too melodramatic to take seriously. You write like that old Poo troll back when she would be on about Clooney and her imaginary relationship.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2024 2:11 PM

As for Florida, consider West Palm Beach - the city is on a major revitalization kick and loys of energy there now - some beautiful old neighborhoods with charming houses. Palm Beach real estate is absolutely unaffordable but it’s just across a bridge (well 3 bridges) and so much fun to visit. You mentioned Delray which is another great option, one of the few South Florida towns with some soul and identity. Pompano Beach is an option as well, just north of Ft Lauderdale and some affordable real estate options. People on datalounge despise Florida, but whatever, let them stay where they are - I love living here.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2024 2:12 PM

I'm sure your cat is ecstatic back in Italy. Who wouldn't want to be far away from overwrought little you and your addiction to drama.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2024 2:13 PM

[quote]Pretend I am a troll. Or crazy. Whatever. But at least shed some insight as to where I can live.

How about under a bridge. Just watch out for billy goats. They can be gruff.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2024 2:16 PM

You clearly don’t want any real advice or you would have told us where your family (that you say you want to remain close to) lives.

As for the Italian boyfriend, nude pics or he doesn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2024 2:19 PM

fuck you r47. Live my life.

My adventure.

I even bought a Mercedes A180d and sold it for half of what I paid. Just to escape what I was living.

I tried making him understand I’m loyal. Faithful. We even exchanged rings. But it was unbearable. He even thought the priest and the butcher were having sex with me. He put my phone to my face while I slept to hack it. Of course he found nothing. I changed numbers. Dropped single gay friends. Moved to his tiny village. Showed him how much I loved him.

I got hit. But it was more of the fact he wouldn’t believe me. He never trusted me. He was so afraid I would leave him. It was beautiful but scary at times. And it’s no way to live.

So I sold it all. Quickly. Left Italy. My things that matter are in a ship headed to the States.

I am in New England now. Headed south.

Florida calls. But I was used to South Beach. I don’t want that now. So I think downtown miami. Del Ray.

But I also think of just going back to Italy after a month. But why? There’s nothing there for me now.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2024 2:22 PM

R44 I get where you’re coming from. There’s a strong attention-whore vibe here. A lot of narcissism if not full-blown NPD.

Giving up your pet so easily is a huge red flag. As is the constant humblebragging, from casually naming the exact model of his high-end car he sold for a loss to escape the heartache (sob) to mentioning countless times that he lived in South Beach at one point, to drive the point home that he oozes glamour, sophistication and desirability. Very vapid and vain.

I get the feeling OP sucks up the oxygen in every room he enters. Even with his Goldilocks-ing on finding a place to live: he’s supposedly only been gone for three years and he spent his whole prior life here. But he acts like the US is some strange, mysterious place that he needs assistance navigating. He’s shrewd enough to know that Nashville is now a super-hot destination but acts helpless and lost otherwise.

Best guess: narcissist whose few friends (i.e., burned-out acquaintances) are tired of hearing his shit so he goes online looking for attention. He probably burned his bridges in Italy and everywhere else he’s lived so he needs to find somewhere new. That’s narcissist 101 behavior.

The young Italian guy dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2024 2:32 PM

You had me at Columbus. Really, only a troll or a complete nitwit would be considering that. Nashville isn't much better, but it's a more trendy choice, but why not even more cliched Denver?

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2024 2:36 PM

A high school friend of mine lives in Columbus. He loves it there. But I’ve nixed it. From what I read on line.

And yes I have narcissistic tendencies but it’s very easy for me to make friends. I just grow bored. I just want my mate. That’s how I function best.

And it seemed perfect. I finally found my happiness again. And the red flags were banners but I ignored them, hoping he’d change. I took a shower when he was watering the prati (we had just planted all new plants and grass). He rang the bell. I was in the shower. He rang it again. I thought he was watering the park. I got out of the shower. Soaking wet. He questioned why it took me so long to get the door and then questioned me stating there was no steam coming out of the pipe from the stone outside. What are you talking about? I asked him. He thought I was making a call to some mystery man, changing my SIM, etc etc. Yes. It was like that. Smelling me once to smell if I had been with someone. Yelling at me when someone was in front of my car and that someone was supposedly the only young gay in the village. Of course I don’t even know who he’s talking about. But it was like this. And then he’d cry. Ask forgiveness. Promise he’d trust me. He doesn’t know why he’s like this, etc etc. And it would be amazing. And then it would happen again.

So I couldn’t save my husband when he died suddenly in front of me. My parents. And now this beautiful man who I still love. Who I know is hurting. But I can’t be in a relationship like this. Not even if he made me feel good again. Loved. In love.

So I left it all. A heavy price. And (dramatically) returned to America. But I need to find a HOME.

Ohio, TN, out. New Orleans and CA also.

I’m still considering Downtown Miami and maybe Chicago (I love it there but I’ve been told it’s gotten terrible). All the while, I want to call him in Italy.

Fuck. My life now.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2024 3:00 PM

Put your stuff in storage for a few months and travel around until you find a place you like. Who cares, really. You sound like a bored trust fund brat who doesn't want for money.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2024 3:11 PM

Would you just move to fucking Miami already, find some volatile Latin callboy with a beautiful "soul" to slap you around and fill the hole in your heart, already. Also, bring back the histrionic fag hag for added fun and drama. Welcome her with a $6 bottle of wine to get that party started.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2024 3:15 PM

Is this a new alternative for that narcissistic, boring recipe troll?

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2024 3:18 PM

Meant to say alt id.

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2024 3:19 PM

Or is this a wanna be script a la Under the Tuscan Sun?

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2024 3:20 PM

Considered good looking OP? You could always go on the game.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2024 3:25 PM

r3 you assume this lazy poster speaks Spanish. Moving to Spain without knowing Spanish will present challenges. He's American, it's time to come home and get a job.

Also, OP, your ass better dry those tears and check on your voter registration this week. We have an election coming up that's more important than you sugar daddy search.

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2024 3:25 PM

[quote] And yes I have narcissistic tendencies

No shit!

[quote] but it’s very easy for me to make friends.

You mean manipulate naive people. That’s why you fancy inexperienced younger guys who don’t know any better.

[quote] I just grow bored.

As all of you do. That’s when the discard happens, complete with your own “victimization” tale, which you exhaustively detailed above. The only thing missing were violins playing.

It was, of course, a total fabrication.

I’d bet every dime you have the Italian guy has a VERY different take to tell. Your type loves to lie - actually you can’t help it. It’s part of the disorder.

You belong in Wilton Manors, which is actually a great place for a gay man of your vintage. But most of the l people there are too experienced and savvy to fall for your bullshit. You’d be rightfully ostracized promptly.

You’ll end up in Miami because it’s filled with young, dumb dick you can easily manipulate and destroy. Then enough stories will get out about you that you’ll be forced to leave - again - and find a new town to terrorize.

Rinse, lather, repeat. The tale of every narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2024 3:26 PM

Consider Nashville Tennessee, you can MEAT a nice drunken college boy, fuck him senseless, take his pants& push his drunk used up ass in the river.

Just make sure you know where all the cameras are located!!

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2024 3:29 PM

You lost me at "I just."

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2024 3:29 PM

r62 you could just rent that boy's hole for $2-5k and avoid the cops. Trust me, getting hot young college boys is not hard if you have some cash to spend.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2024 3:32 PM

OP, I’m thinking somewhere that says, “Yes, I feel international” without making you feel poor.

American Samoa, Guam, or Puerto Rico would do nicely. They might consider you tall and slim.

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2024 3:36 PM

I am seriously considering Chicago too.

I plan on going to Miami (downtown) next week and stay for a week. Then to Chicago.

I just want to heal. Feel better. Regroup. Stay positive. Hopeful. And as much as I want to contact him in Italy, I can’t. (For what it’s worth, I cried with his family when they dropped me off at the train station. They know how hard I tried. How badly I wanted it to work)

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote]Columbus is perfect for you.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. How did Columbus, of all places, make OP's option list?

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2024 3:42 PM

[quote] For what it’s worth, I cried with his family when they dropped me off at the train station.

You’ve never cried a day in your life. Ever.

And his “family” has finally figured out what you did. Which is why you can’t ever contact them again.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2024 3:43 PM

See r53

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2024 3:43 PM

r68, I just spoke with his brother five days ago, asking how he was.

I was a good boyfriend.

And I feel like I want him back but I know it’s the wrong decision. It was maddening. Delusional jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2024 3:45 PM

Tears at the train station!!! MARY!!!! Hun, they were crying tears of joy to be rid you.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]You can’t understand the life. Loneliness. Feeling an outsider because you feel alone. And now with the emptiness of him. He was so flawed. But so beautiful. On the inside too. He needs healing.

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2024 3:47 PM

Are you sending this all ended in tears, OP?

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2024 3:47 PM

[quote] And I feel like I want him back

Of course you do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2024 3:49 PM

Des Moines.

by Anonymousreply 75May 6, 2024 3:54 PM

Clichéd sock trolling by a lonely shut in.

by Anonymousreply 76May 6, 2024 3:57 PM

Ah delusional jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 77May 6, 2024 4:02 PM

I'm enjoying his story. Especially the Italian family crying as they leave their son's male lover off at the train station. I can just imagine.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2024 4:02 PM

There are no homosexuals in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2024 4:07 PM

I heard St. Louis, Missouri is a hot spot.

by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2024 4:08 PM

Every time OP opens a can of spaghettios he breaks down.

[quote]Don't cry out loud / Just keep it inside, learn how to hide your feelings

[quote]Fly high and proud / And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2024 4:14 PM

Dear OP,

Since you seem a bit lost right now, go somewhere where you can be near some already-established close friends, wherever that may be.

The USA is a hot mess, not the same as when you left it. And the year ahead might make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 82May 6, 2024 4:16 PM

OP’s life:

by Anonymousreply 83May 6, 2024 4:18 PM

OP’s kaleidoscopic life:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 6, 2024 4:20 PM

OP = Mrs. Karen Stone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 6, 2024 4:26 PM

R67 THE Ohio State University.

by Anonymousreply 86May 6, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote] I took a shower when he was watering the prati (we had just planted all new plants and grass). He rang the bell. I was in the shower. He rang it again. I thought he was watering the park. I got out of the shower. Soaking wet. He questioned why it took me so long to get the door

Why the fuck would he have to ring the doorbell in the house in which he lived? That makes zero sense. As does moving to a remote Italian village with someone half your age you’ve known less than a year.

Oh wait. A narcissist’s victimization tale with a hole in it. How not unexpected. Now comes the panic to try and plug this hole with something totally irrational.

The lies get so complex and convoluted that they always miss a detail or 10. Who would miss this shit?

I do like the laughable inclusion of “prati” to show what a cultured, bon vivant you are. It’s a lawn.

You’re a fucking dilettante and a lying narcissist. Not to mention a menace to everyone you meet.

I hope your alleged siblings have blocked your number and hidden their whereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 87May 6, 2024 6:14 PM

This is so typical here in South Florida. I have friends who are older than their young husbands’ fathers. Wills all in place. Cringeworthy. Sometimes I have a tough time keeping my lip buttoned, especially when they say they’re nurses who can’t get licensed in the US.

by Anonymousreply 88May 6, 2024 6:24 PM

Do not move to "downtown Miami", no one speaks English in Miami anymore!

You have millions of "3rd world Latin Americans who all hate each other" and talk about being racists to each other.

Move to Puerto Rico. at least they speak English& they are American. There are so great deals in real estate in Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 89May 6, 2024 6:33 PM

r87, get help, hon.

He didn’t have his keys. It’s a remote village. Ancient. I shut the door. It locked. He was in the park. I was in the shower. And he didn’t see “steam” come from the outside pipe so he rang the bell until I answered it. Soaking wet. And he still didn’t believe I was taking a shower.

Furthermore, the vitriol in your post. It’s not even tinted with sarcasm. You are a miserable cunt.

Thanks to you, I feel better. I mean, I could be you.

by Anonymousreply 90May 6, 2024 6:44 PM

San Juan was a thought but it looks run down. And the housing looks like shit.

But it is cheap.

Have you lived there?

Chicago has some great real estate too. Considering there for sure. Miami or Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 91May 6, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote] get help, hon.

Sadly, your personality disorder is incurable. There is no help available for you.

And, as predicted, a pathetic lie to cover up the other lies.

Thankfully, you’re getting older and people are caring less. Manipulation gets pathetic and ineffective when you’re 60.

There’s nothing sadder than an old narcissist with no supply.

by Anonymousreply 92May 6, 2024 6:56 PM

r92, I’m not near 60.

I haven’t lied at all. On this thread.

Why such hate? Who fucked you over?!

by Anonymousreply 93May 6, 2024 6:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 6, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote]Chicago has some great real estate too. Considering there for sure. Miami or Chicago.

Sorry, dear—all booked up! Perhaps you can try Milwaukee?

by Anonymousreply 95May 6, 2024 10:07 PM

Look, for all the OP's red-flag issues himself, the fact that his boyfriend was constantly jealous, insecure, accusatory, paranoid, untrusting, etc., is enough of a reason to dump someone. That would drive me insane too.

by Anonymousreply 96May 6, 2024 10:16 PM

R28 R29 that’s some high grade top talk right there

by Anonymousreply 97May 6, 2024 10:19 PM

This is a proper DL stoning and I'm here for it!

Moar! MOOAR!!

by Anonymousreply 98May 6, 2024 11:03 PM

Is your cat a rescue?

by Anonymousreply 99May 6, 2024 11:22 PM

Does your cat have an electric litter box?

by Anonymousreply 100May 6, 2024 11:22 PM

My cat is a rare breed. I took her to Italy with me. But to bring her back after three years and not to have a home. It wasn’t fair to her so my maid took her. And she’s already adjusting.

I love this cat. Which is why I did the right thing.

I thank some of you for some advice. It is still a tough call with Chicago and Miami leading the way.

The rest of you are jealous shut ins. Jealousy is an ugly thing, and so are you in anything backless.

by Anonymousreply 101May 6, 2024 11:51 PM

Newly returned from Italy, after a torrid fling with a hot Italian? Why hello, Mrs Patrick Campbell / Catherine of Siena! I'm afraid we require verificatia of the country's uncut sizemeat before we can continue this thread, which – in classic DataLounge fashion – is useless without pics.

by Anonymousreply 102May 6, 2024 11:55 PM

We know it's Miami. Get on to part two of this fantasy you silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 103May 7, 2024 12:33 AM

Wow. I remember her! And her verificacia. Hahhaha. That is an oldie.

He was STUNNING. Perfect body. Naturally hairy but perfect. Perfect cazzo. Thick and long enough. The best kisser. The best lover. And we became best friends. It’s tough. He is a beautiful person. But I challenge anyone to live life under those circumstances. And I’d remind him of how gorgeous he is compared to me. But he never believed it. He just thought I would grow tired of him, cheat on him…I couldn’t even walk the dog without him wondering where I was (mind you, this village is Tiny!).

How did I play him??? I moved there. Bought a palazzo. A car. Met his family. Exchanged rings. Traveled together. Dreamed together. Supported his creativity.

But if my niece messages me, I got tired of explaining EVERY ding, message etc. he even thought the insurance guy was sending me hidden messages. The notaio suggested for the property sale? He thought he was gay so he demanded a woman.

Craziness like this.

by Anonymousreply 104May 7, 2024 12:34 AM

Oxnard. Try Oxnard. Or Paramus.

by Anonymousreply 105May 7, 2024 12:37 AM

You ended your relationship with your boyfriend AND you’re a widower? I call shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 106May 7, 2024 12:40 AM

What is so hard for you to believe?

I have been a widower for over three years now. This was the first serious relationship I was in. And it was intense.

And I feel like I abandoned the bf. So I couldn’t, in the end, help him or save him just like I couldn’t save my husband when he died suddenly in front of me.

So there’s some sadness here. I left America due to bad depression. Grief. Losing parents young. And then him. It was awful.

And I thought I FINALLY found happiness and here I am back in America. Two suitcases. Wondering what’s next.

I gave up a lot in Italy. Including lost money. And it stings.

But it was time. This breakup was a sign. For now it’s America.

I need a man in my life. A spouse. Mate. Partner. Best friend. It’s how I operate best. And I’m shattered that it’s gone. Again. And I am lonely.

Anyway….i digress. My life could be worse.

So I’ll leave the lake, go to Boston, then Miami, then Chicago. And I’ll decide where to next live. Boston is a long shot. The expense for what you get in return.

by Anonymousreply 107May 7, 2024 12:46 AM

What a story; everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.

by Anonymousreply 108May 7, 2024 12:51 AM

OP, do you work or live on a trust fund? The lifestyle you described must be very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 109May 7, 2024 12:53 AM

…and exhausting

by Anonymousreply 110May 7, 2024 12:53 AM

L’amour, l’amour. Toujours l’amour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 7, 2024 1:14 AM

r109, it’s irrelevant. But I worked for most of what I have.

And I have WASTED a lot of €€ trying to feel alive and in love again.

It was an adventure but I don’t like hurting people and I know he feels betrayed. But he had soo many chances and kept promising he’s changed. He’s more secure. And I showed him. In a field with us and some sheep, at a Michelin star restaurant, on a road trip, with his family. I was very cognizant of what he needed and yet here I am now.

I am still in love with him but this is the right decision.

I just want some peace. I want that love again.

So I’ll start again. This time in Chicago or Miami.

by Anonymousreply 112May 7, 2024 1:19 AM

It's Miami, stop pretending it's a choice. Also, stop "falling in love" as a plan. It happens or not. Stop that shit as well.

by Anonymousreply 113May 7, 2024 1:21 AM

Yeah, just be a listless whore in Miami. Make mom proud.

by Anonymousreply 114May 7, 2024 1:22 AM

Will Miami appreciate your obvious sophistication and searing retrospection?

I'd like to have you over for dinner sometime if you're ever in the area. I lived in Italy for a time too, you know.

by Anonymousreply 115May 7, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote]In a field with us and some sheep

Did they just watch, or join in?

by Anonymousreply 116May 7, 2024 1:37 AM

You should go to Dubai, they would love your act there!!

by Anonymousreply 117May 7, 2024 1:38 AM

I think you should do whatever you want to do, OP.

by Anonymousreply 118May 7, 2024 1:39 AM

Why don’t you go to Moscow, phillywhore.

by Anonymousreply 119May 7, 2024 1:40 AM

If you wanna be a porta potty, that’s on YOU.

by Anonymousreply 120May 7, 2024 1:40 AM

So now there's a dog? Who did you leave that with, your chef?

by Anonymousreply 121May 7, 2024 1:40 AM

💄 👄 🤡 🇺🇸 🐕 🐐

by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2024 1:42 AM

"Fat, drunk and stupid" is no way to go thru Life Op!!

"Do you have a plan, you gotta have a plan"

"Snap out of it"

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2024 1:42 AM

Couldn't you just shoot the dog?

by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2024 1:43 AM

r121, it is his dog. And I love her so much too.

by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2024 1:44 AM

“Listen, lady, when we’re in a big city, we just put em in the pen and bet on it!”

by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2024 1:44 AM

[quote] I just want some peace. I want that love again.

Won't that get in the way of all the fake drama?

by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2024 1:45 AM

Been there twice, Moscow is always better in the wintertime, all the snow hides the decay of the city!!

Also, all the Lovely soldiers with great cheekbones who will do anything for 2 dollars American.

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2024 1:47 AM

Florida, specifically Miami, is certainly better than Nashville or Columbus, Good god.

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2024 1:48 AM

OP enters Miami!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2024 2:11 AM

How about Naples, Fl?

by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2024 2:11 AM

I LOVE this thread! It's like a gay "Under the Tuscan Sun"/"The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone"/"Stromboli". Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 132May 7, 2024 2:21 AM

There’s a book coming. About grief. Signs. The after life. Messages.

And just LIFE to live after death(s)

My life has been an adventure and the journey hit a snag but I can fluently speak Italian, I am a European citizen, and I had sex and good times with an Italian beauty. I learned some lessons along the way.

And I’ve now booked flights to Miami and Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 133May 7, 2024 2:25 AM

[quote] I learned some lessons along the way.

Did you, though?

by Anonymousreply 134May 7, 2024 2:27 AM

OP, do you know what paradise is? It's a lie, a fantasy we created about people and places as we like them to be.

But you know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding.

by Anonymousreply 135May 7, 2024 3:02 AM

Wait. Where is Miss OP now? We know she fled Italy in tears sans cat, but carrying along her broken, longing heart.

by Anonymousreply 136May 7, 2024 3:20 AM

[quote] What is so hard for you to believe?

Everything you type.

Especially with the risible, hard-boiled, staccato sentences like you’re in a Raymond Chandler novel. While you’re discussing your great love, “heartbreak” and the countless animals you’ve dumped along the way. That you “love,” of course.

I especially like your use of €€ instead of $$ when referencing your money, despite the fact you claimed to live in the U.S. for 50 years and were only gone for three, which is essentially an extended vacation. Such sophistication.

The jealous Italian boyfriend is a laughable cliche. In reality, you likely cheated on and fucked him over and this is just your way of rationalizing your crimes. By becoming the “victim.” If he even existed.

You’re just a lonely, unimportant, unwanted, disordered, middle-aged clown who’s looking for attention. And with the clock ticking, there’s not much left to receive.

And even though you’d prefer it be positive, you’ll take the negative. Because that’s how your kind are.

by Anonymousreply 137May 7, 2024 3:36 AM

Life is where you make it, you dumb bitch OP.

by Anonymousreply 138May 7, 2024 3:48 AM

Well there's always July, and the running of the bulls in Pamplona, the Gala de la Croix Rouge Monégasque, Ypir's birthday in Bodrum and the opening of les Jeux Olympiques de Paris. There's sure to be beautiful boys in town for all these events. Will we see you at the Comtesse de Noailles's in Hyères?

by Anonymousreply 139May 7, 2024 4:02 AM

I’ve been to paradise but I’ve never been to me!

by Anonymousreply 140May 7, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote]My European adventure lasted 3 years. [OP at R32]

[quote]So, after nearly 3 years, my Italian adventure is over. [OP at OP]

[quote][bold]I moved to Rome a year ago exactly.[/bold] I left my easy life at 52 in Washington. I lost my husband and both parents all within a short time for one another. They were all fairly young. So to help with my grief, I sold everything including a penthouse apartment and quit my job (I was a VP for 20 years with the same firm) and quietly lett my friends and what was left of my family. I now live near the Vatican. I don’t work (I am writing a book but mostly for myself). I am learning the language. The culture. And I’m surviving. My apartment is gorgeous and I live off investments...And I brought my artwork and my cat. This is my life. I still cry daily for my soulmate. For him. But the sex is easy (with young virile men too) and I’ve made a circle of 3 good friends here. People visit me often. This is my life. [OP at his thread 'I moved to Rome. Too radical?' dated 20 May 2023]

If, as he said, OP moved to Rome on 20 May, 2022, his Roman Spring is a couple of weeks short of two years, not three years. Let's assume he was in and out of Italy a bit of travel in advance of actually moving there...he's still only lived in Rome in one stint for something just shy of two years. Called out on it, he digs in and insists that practically two years was 'nearly 3 years'.'

in OP, he tells us that 'I [bold]just[/bold] ended my relationship with my 30 year old Italian boyfriend' then at R23 the writing suggests some distance from having dumped the Italian: 'And it’s not easy. I think of him all the time. I want to call him. Tell him to come to America. / I sometimes ache for Italy.'

[quote]Ugh. It hurts.

[quote]And now I am spending time with what’s left of my family. At the lake house. Off to the ocean. Driving a Grand Wagoneer. Wondering how this can be my life. Things on a ship. Two suitcases. Husband’s ashes. Left the cat with the maid in Italy. This is my life. Thinking of him in Italy. In that village.

Here it sounds as though OP hasn't just touched down 'back in America' but has been here some little while at least, suggesting his three year odyssey falls even shorter than the not quite two year timeline he draws for us (while at least twice insisting it was three years of living in Italy.)

Ugh, indeed. At least the poor cat who was dragged from the U.S.to Rome to a mountain village in Central Italy was left 'with the maid in Italy.' We can only hope that part isn't OP's Magical Thinking. Less Magical Thinking and more attention to your Magical Timeline, OP.

by Anonymousreply 141May 7, 2024 5:57 AM

Sorry, OP, but there's only room for one expat widower DL'er having a blissful chapter two in The Europes. xx

by Anonymousreply 142May 7, 2024 6:08 AM

You all are cruel. Harsh. About my four year adventure. In Italy. With my gorgeous young boyfriend. In a field. With sheep.

Family. Crying. In a train station. In Italy. Then, here. Miami. Chicago? Too cold. So, Miami. Or Boston. Or Nashville.

Columbus?

Can't believe this is my life.

Did I mention I'm wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 143May 7, 2024 6:39 AM

Italy was locked down four years ago, major. This story has more holes than a decades-old jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 144May 7, 2024 6:48 AM

EST.

by Anonymousreply 145May 7, 2024 11:08 AM

And OP calls the 'boyfriend' delusional?!

by Anonymousreply 146May 7, 2024 12:10 PM

I don't think our fantasizing little op is a native English speaker.

by Anonymousreply 147May 7, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote]I feel so sad. I told him we would be together forever. And I abandoned him. But I had to. For my own safety and mental well being. He’s beautiful. His soul is beautiful. But he needs to help himself first.

You sound shallow as fuck. You told him you would be together forever but then dump him because he needs to do some personal growth? Jealousy is not the worst thing in the world Dear. People can over come that in time once they know you are not going to leave them like you just did. 3 years in not a long time, especially at your age. You just bailed because you cant be bothered with putting in the work and TIME to make a relationship work.

by Anonymousreply 148May 7, 2024 12:36 PM

R148, it's all fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 149May 7, 2024 12:52 PM

A Jeep Wagoneer???

by Anonymousreply 150May 7, 2024 4:07 PM

OP is your last name Laroche by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 151May 7, 2024 5:57 PM

Don't listen to them Op, don't let DL mind fuck you with their Hate

You're not shallow, I see greatness in you. You're as Deep as a puddle.

No one does Miami in the summertime, too hot, too humid.

by Anonymousreply 152May 7, 2024 6:16 PM

Wait, is Phillywhore also a Miamiwhore? Why all this knowledge? Are you a snowbird Phillywhore?

by Anonymousreply 153May 7, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote]A Jeep Wagoneer???

OP meant Lyle Wagoneer.

by Anonymousreply 154May 7, 2024 6:28 PM

Miami? No, OP, you seem more the Dallas type.

by Anonymousreply 155May 7, 2024 6:47 PM

Pigeon Forge / Gatlinberg

by Anonymousreply 156May 7, 2024 6:53 PM

You know I'm a La Jolla guy, born in Philly. If I had stayed on the East coast, I would have becum a snowbird.

It's too hot and humid in the metro Miami area in the summertime, and it's getting worse. Certain areas of Miami floods very day after the summer storms. I love Chicago in the summertime, the Lake, sailing. i got married in Lake Forrest, my son lives there with his family...love the sailing in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 157May 7, 2024 6:54 PM

OP, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 158May 8, 2024 1:51 AM

R158, our OP seems a bit scarce of late, but last May he posted in another, related thread that he was 52. (see link in R29 above)

If 52 in May 2023, he would be 53 today.

by Anonymousreply 159May 8, 2024 4:56 AM

Writing a book explains this fantasy but he needs English and creative writing classes. Writing like Capt. Kirk is not a good style

by Anonymousreply 160May 8, 2024 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!