Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Is Something You Are Kind Of Snobby About

An knockout chick with bunions

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2024 7:10 AM

Nah, a knockout chick with chipped toenail polish

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2024 1:45 AM

Music.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2024 1:51 AM

Bagels.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2024 1:55 AM

Education and travel. Family background.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 1:57 AM

Ignorance of Shakespeare, culminating in the claims that someone else wrote his works.

A scholar's irritation, and it comes across as "kind of snobby," especially when I carve their eyes out with a silver spoon I keep for the purpose.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 2:03 AM

Money.

Fame.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 2:06 AM

Tea.

Music.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 2:07 AM

Books

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 2:11 AM

Computers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2024 2:17 AM

Q-tip swabs (brand only)

Wiener girth

Books over Kindle

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2024 2:30 AM

Interior decor.

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2024 2:33 AM

Flagship campuses of public universities.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2024 2:36 AM

Coffee, wine, and Italian food.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2024 2:40 AM

I refuse to engage with anyone who texts me in this way: R U there?

Is it so fucking hard to type "are you there?"

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 2:40 AM

Architecture

Interior decor and art

Hotels

Curiosity

Travel

In these, my snobbery is mostly self-directed in the form of standards for myself. If someone is cheap where I am indulgent, I don't consider it a fault of theirs in all but a few cases, as when they purport to care about these things but clearly don't give a toss, or when their lack of interest in any sort of allied pursuits or interests is zero or something really vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2024 2:56 AM

Airline seats.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2024 2:58 AM

Bagels.

New York comes second.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2024 3:08 AM

Toilet paper. I don't want to wipe my ass with a fluffy cloud.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2024 3:23 AM

Sushi

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 3:27 AM

Sheets, percale or sateen are fine, must be made in Italy or Portugal, and not a jacquard weave. I don't mind a jacquard weave on my duvet or comforter, but I can not stand to feel of a jacquard weave against my face, or under me.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2024 3:28 AM

Now that I think about it, bread.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2024 3:29 AM

Apple equipment = acceptable.

Windows & Android = MAGA

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2024 3:30 AM

Hotels Suits

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2024 4:02 AM

Lack of critical thinking skills. Example thanking Jesus when you survive a horrible accident, "Jesus was with me".

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2024 4:03 AM

Ceremony, can't anybody do it correctly anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2024 4:08 AM

^^Similarly r24, when someone says "God will take care of it. Whatever happens is God's will" as a reason to really do absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2024 4:09 AM

Decorative pillows...I have a few, but none of my sofas or beds are all pillowed up. I'm fussy with fabrics, pillows must me silk, or silk velvet, linen, or cut linen velvet, epingle, simple trims, and they must be down filled.

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2024 4:12 AM

Come on r24 and r26. There's a lot we can take for granted and just ignore

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2024 4:24 AM

People who enjoy NCIS.

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2024 4:35 AM

Fake IDs

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2024 4:45 AM

Who I date. I have very high standards and because of that, I am alone and probably always will be but I see friends "settling" all around me for people that they constantly complain about, have abuse issues with and in general, just end up in bad situations that they find difficult to extract themselves from...like signing a lease that they can't break so therefore, they can't leave.

I'd rather be alone than be with anyone I settled for.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 4:51 AM

[quote]Family background.

Interesting—care to expand a little r4? Things like family tree, antecedents, & so forth?

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2024 4:58 AM

Cheese with fruit in it.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2024 5:14 AM

[quote]Bagels…New York comes second.

to… Montréal, I hope, R3…? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2024 5:23 AM

Cocktails.

Oysters (my one true food snobbery).

Politeness (as distinct from etiquette, which, while pleasant to observe, is neither here nor there).

Vocabulary. We all make grammatical errors and typos, but misuse of words grates.

I feel there's a difference between ignorance coupled with curiosity and that which is content with its own status quo. "I never heard of that, but I'd like to learn more" is preferred to "never heard of it and don't care."

Underdressing. You don't want to wear black tie, don't attend a black tie event. Showing up in a T-shirt, flip-flops and a smug look on your face just means you're a twat.

I always respect the ability to recite poetry.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2024 5:39 AM

Are you for or against oysters?

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2024 5:43 AM

I'm a snob about snobs. Snobbery ruins acquired appreciation and the building of informed aesthetic taste. I'd rather invite someone to try something new or appreciate something I think is wonderful than aggrandise myself.

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2024 5:45 AM

R36, absolutely for. And I appreciate a good selection and knowledge about same.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2024 5:48 AM

Scented candles.

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2024 6:05 AM

R39, I was not aware scented candle snobbery was possible.

Unless you mean "anything not smelling of beeswax or nothing is an abomination."

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2024 6:17 AM

Caftans and earrings

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2024 6:20 AM

Baby tastes in food and Disney adults are a turn-off. People sticking with American chain restaurants while traveling, boring.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2024 6:26 AM

I’m snobby about being an introvert, and value my time to myself. I work a lot with unusual hours, so I like to not .commit to being somewhere right after work. It’s only gotten worse as I get older, and I have lost a few friends over it.

My husband is snobby about food, I overspent at Aldi’s last week and we had a spectacular fight about it because he only likes brand labels and I have to agree some of the TJ and Aldi offerings can be substandard in comparison. Things like dressings and yogurt seem watered down and the pasta was “grainy”

Even though I like the vegetables and salad, no more Aldi’s.

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2024 7:01 AM

Whiskey, but that’s because I just know my stuff. Doesn’t mean a good bourbon is looked down upon.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2024 7:55 AM

tableware, silverware, glassware, linens - does not have to be prestige brands - but has to be attractive and impeccably clean.

light bulbs and lighting - quality of artificial light is very important and difficult to do in the era of LED

food ingredients - does not have to luxury but has to have integrity and taste

public transport - some countries and regions do this much better than others. There's no excuse for a really rich country to do this poorly

register in language - person does not need to be educated but must know how to code shift and use correct register and even be a bit elegant or a bit fun. No matter how simple, the IQ, the social class, some people pay attention to this and some do not. There are also cultural differences were register is more important in some cultures than in others. Still, a question of taste and respect.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2024 9:23 AM

Yes there is scented candle snobbery but it's kind of ridiculous and has little relation to the price of the candle.

It is the same with body fragrances. There are very inexpensive fragrances that are just right for the person and the situation. Infinitely better than someone drenched in the latest high luxury ambroxan cloud.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2024 9:25 AM

R45, the grammar you use indicates you are not educated.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2024 9:45 AM

Grammar is not the only indicator of an exercised.mind.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2024 10:07 AM

This is DL; it'd be more interesting to ask if there are any things that posters AREN'T snobby about.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2024 10:20 AM

🚫 split-level ranches in cul-de-sac bubbles on streets with first names, like Kathy Court.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2024 10:24 AM

I look down on Taylor Swift fans.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2024 10:30 AM

Things that should be all cotton but are a blend: linens, towels, t-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2024 10:31 AM

Sushi restaurants

Vacation destinations.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2024 10:53 AM

Fighting about Overspending at Aldi and fighting about buying store brands and the lack of name brands? Name brands will cost more.

Glad to be single.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2024 11:10 AM

My penis.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2024 12:11 PM

Sheets. Microfibre sheets are the bane of my existence.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2024 12:12 PM

Couldn’t agree with you more about LED lighting r45 and I’ve hoarded as many incandescents as I could. LEDs in kitchens and dining areas are dreadful, as they make food look flat and unappealing.

But we’ve beaten this topic to death here on DL and I’m not snobbish about people's lighting choices—some people just can’t tell the difference between good lighting and LEDs, insisting that the proper bulb can be found in LED. (Wrong.) Others feel the environmental benefits outweigh the cost. Not me. Yes, improvements have been made, but there’s no substitute for incandescents and halogens (which I’ve run out of) in the proper application.

We differ on oysters, sadly.

[quote]‘O Oysters,' said the Carpenter, ‘You've had a pleasant run! Shall we be trotting home again?' But answer came there none —And this was scarcely odd, because They'd eaten every one.

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2024 12:13 PM

I am a total snob about the way people dress. I don’t care how people dress in their own home or if they’re at the gym, but they need to take pride in their appearance everywhere else. .

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2024 12:19 PM

Properly written thread headlines.

I mean, really!

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2024 12:58 PM

R15- I detest spendthrifts- You sound like someone who buys things they DON’T NEED and CANNOT AFFORD.

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2024 1:14 PM

R44- Are you an Alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2024 1:16 PM

R37- A perfect example of this- There are people who think in order to be sophisticated about food you must consider French cuisine superior to all other cuisines otherwise you are not sophisticated about food. Because that is what it means to be sophisticated. That is not what it means to be sophisticated that is what it means to be pretentious. A lot of the press in the USA including the NYT worships French food. I think French food is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2024 1:20 PM

R62 is typing from 1961, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2024 1:36 PM

R49, easy. Whores, tricks, and trade.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2024 1:41 PM

I don’t shop in stores with Express lanes with sign that read “Less than 10 Items.”

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2024 1:43 PM

R20 come sit next to me!

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2024 1:45 PM

Bed and Bath Linens

Laundry Products

Major Household Appliances

Outdoor Planters

Underwear

Bodywash and Soaps

Cat Litter

Lube

Home Fragarence

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2024 1:49 PM

Unnecessary capital letters.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2024 2:41 PM

R20, R66 Princesses and the pea!

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2024 3:36 PM

Anyone who buys, much less wears, ANYTHING from TEMU is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2024 3:38 PM

Grammar.

For example, if somebody says "I seen," I tune them out.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2024 7:40 PM

Taste in movies. I don't care if someone likes completely different films from me. But if they get excited about capeshit or if their absolute favorite movies are gross-out/fratboy favorites like "American Pie" or "Pineapple Express," their stock goes way down in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2024 7:47 PM

Public figures who cannot speak properly - use bad grammar, lots of "ums and ahhs", insist on saying "with that being said"......

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2024 9:24 PM

Handwriting!

by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2024 9:36 PM

You'd have a problem with me r74. I've tried but my hand is too slow for my head. I don't blame you. Thank dog most of those cheesey love letters I wrote are illegible.

by Anonymousreply 75May 6, 2024 10:38 PM

Are all of the POC who use Android MAGATs?

by Anonymousreply 76May 6, 2024 10:50 PM

I am poor white trash with no education and I have achieved NOTHING. I am snobby about everything you can possibly imagine and I judge everything and everyone else like I'm royalty. Hence the DL account.

by Anonymousreply 77May 6, 2024 10:50 PM

Body wash is unnecessary and adding to the profusion of plastic and petrochemicals in the sea. For millennia we did fine without it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2024 10:55 PM

I live in the Deep South and I'm snobby about being an atheist. I try not to bring it up but when they go on and on about their precious Jesus, I just can't help myself. I look down on them as morons - even though I understand they were brainwashed, and additionally, it's very practical to believe (or pretend to) down here because it might as well be Iran when it comes to the Zeitgeist. Nevertheless, I persevere.

Also I've lived in Ireland and China and have traveled to a dozen or so countries so I'm snobby about that.

And about being a liberal (in a sea of Magats).

Oh I could go on... I really need to shut up and keep things to myself. Nevertheless....

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2024 11:04 PM

Used to be snobby about everything, but karma and myopic idiocy took my uppity side out to the Noem Gravel Pit of Bad Life Choices so now it's only just toothpaste and butt wipes that would be deal breakers.

by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2024 11:07 PM

I am snobby about people who still use toilet paper and butt wipes. Get a bidet attachment. It will change your life and save you $.

by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2024 11:19 PM

Don't you still have to dry yourself with something - or do you waste energy giving yourself a blow dry?

by Anonymousreply 82May 6, 2024 11:26 PM

The butt wipes are either cooling or witch hazel, so while the bidet attachment would be great at home. work on the other hand not so much.

by Anonymousreply 83May 6, 2024 11:27 PM

R82, you dry yourself with a small piece of TP if you want. You don't have to.

I went from buying TP every few weeks to now every few months. And zero clogs.

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2024 3:00 AM

I don't even wear clogs, why would that be an issue?

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2024 3:02 AM

[quote]Flagship campuses of public universities.

All I can be is myself!

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2024 3:05 AM

[quote]Also I've lived in Ireland and China and have traveled to a dozen or so countries so I'm snobby about that.

Have you been to Nice, and the isle of Greece? Have you seen things a woman isn't supposed to see?

by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2024 3:06 AM

Snobby people make me puke.

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2024 3:25 AM

I don't know if it's snobby, but I don't wear jeans. Haven't since high school. I find chinos/khakis more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2024 3:26 AM

R86. I said flagship campuses, not a late arrival.

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2024 7:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!