Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It felt like springtime on a February morning.

Any love for Sophie B. Hawkins's 1994 adult contemporary SMASH "As I Lay Me Down"?

This is one of my favorite songs. I LOVE it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 2:12 AM

I love this song so much, takes me to the '90s in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2024 12:27 AM

Once upon a time (1992) Sophie B Hawking that first record everywhere, and this, that miracle second album second single that saved her from one-hit wonderland - and I think more people actually liked than Damn., but she was everybody's whore of sorts then, this seems more lady-cave love adjacent, she always vibed as kinda shameless-adjacent to begin with. But hey, she was way better than Tara Kemp, and that girl had two top 10 hits too.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2024 12:45 AM

WTF, r2.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2024 1:15 AM

Yes, I remember this song. I remember that it was supposedly about the death of her father. Then she did an interview in the 2010s and the reporter consoled her over the recent death of her dad. I was confused reading it but maybe I'm misremembering it all.

This woman had a troubled life. She was sexually abused by a neighbor and several teachers. She was allowed to leave home and live with her grown adult boyfriend when she was 14.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!