Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sky Ferreira—what went wrong?

She released her debut record, "Night Time, My Time" in 2013, which was a revamp from some of the label-appointed singles she'd done as a teenager. It was a great pop record with a dark edge to it; solid production and a lot of '80s influence. She had promise. As far as music goes, it's pretty much been crickets since. She has famously claimed that Capitol sabotaged her second record and wouldn't let her out of her contract, resulting in a "Free Sky Ferreira" fan campaign that recalled the Fiona Apple "Extraordinary Machine" debacle of 2005. Capitol officially dropped her a few months back, and she's recently been touring again. Frankly, I saw some photos of her last year that screamed "methadone" (or even "meth") and I've sort of come to to conclusion that, label control aside, she is probably a drug addict and has been her own worst enemy through all of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2024 6:45 AM

Well, the 80s music return didn't start until Stranger Things educated zoomers about 80s tunes and Dua Lipa released Future Nostalgia in 2020. So Ferreira was ahead of her time but people rather listened to disgusting music like coldplay and imagine dragons instead. Sky Ferreira should have waited 10 years before releasing that song. As people say, the early bird catches the worm but the late bird can eat both. Now the early 2000s European sound returns with songs like Jojo Siwa's hit Karma is a beeotch. Ferreira can try again but I think she is lazy and just performs live on weed instead of being sober and caring about her fans. Nasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 11:03 PM

Ferrereira weed stories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 11:04 PM

She is/was a heroine addict. Her bf at the time had been arrested a few times for possession. Basically she was a mess and the record company didn’t want to deal with that. Makes complete sense from a business perspective especially since she wasn’t an established musician like Whitney or other artists that got into drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 11:08 PM

Heroine addict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 12:12 AM

She and her junkie hipster boyfriend were REALLY trying to cosplay as the 2010s version of Kurt and Courtney. I don't know what she saw in him. His band sucked, and he is also hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 12:47 AM

I really like DIIV. They're very shoe-gazey. I've had their latest album on repeat.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 12:54 AM

I thought this single she dropped 5 years ago now was very promising and I was looking forward to a second record. Solid production, vocals, and writing. But she hasn't really released any original material since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2024 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!