Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway Documentary Heads to Cannes

Produced by her son.

FAYE Laurent Bouzereau 2024, 1h31, United States

A Nedland Media, Amblin and HBO production.

The first feature-length documentary about Faye Dunaway who speaks about her career, with landmark roles in Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown and Network. Joining Faye are her son Liam, colleagues and friends such as Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke, James Gray and many others.

Screening in the presence of Faye Dunaway and Laurent Bouzereau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 6, 2024 10:21 AM

Does this cover Faye and the little homosexual boy?

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 4:44 AM

[quote]Produced by her son

He’s very good looking.

I wonder what it would be like to have La Dunaway as a mother in law.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 4:46 AM

I can’t wait to see Sharon Stone in this documentary.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 4:48 AM

It’ll be the hit of all of Europe and Cannes but probably will NOT be well sold in this country!

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 4:49 AM

Is that really Kermit in the OP? I love him so much.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 4:52 AM

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2024 4:52 AM

r4 The Americas never understood The Craft, and certainly never appreciated The Method.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2024 4:54 AM

The truth is Faye, you are getting old. You are not the hot sexy bitch that throws out video tapes in Blockbuster parking lots anymore. That’s the truth, to face, if you want to survive.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2024 4:58 AM

How honest will this doc be about her being one of the most difficult actors to work with? Her reputation is horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2024 4:59 AM

I hope she comes clean about her anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2024 4:59 AM

I am not one of her faaaaaans

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2024 5:01 AM

Can’t wait for insights into her marriage to Peter Wolf! On the playground, kids used to think Faye was so rad to be married to a rock star!

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2024 5:04 AM

I’ll hazard a guess that Rutanya Alda was NOT interviewed for this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2024 5:09 AM

More interested in Kermit. 🐸

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2024 5:22 AM

Will it include footage from her Callas?

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2024 5:25 AM

Let's put that BITCH back in theatres where she ought to be.

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2024 5:29 AM

CANNES??? Is that a film festival or a BROTHEL?

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2024 5:56 AM

Movie star manages to have it all: Career, Home and Famileeee!

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2024 6:14 AM

I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2024 6:15 AM

Did Miss Dunaway choose a gay director, Laurent Bouzereau, to atone for her past sins?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2024 6:49 AM

*I* wasn't interviewed!

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2024 3:14 PM

Did Kursturica direct this? I only work with him!

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2024 3:20 PM

Laurent used to work for Bette Midler so he knows diva.

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2024 4:18 PM

I finally got around to viewing "The Eyes Of Laura Mars" and realized how limited an actress she is. When reigned-in by a good director and editing, she can seem A-list. But basically the same mannerisms and voice in every film. When she hollers in terror it's comical; just Joan out of makeup .

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2024 4:34 PM

Will they cover her year on the reality series The Starlet?

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2024 4:57 PM

R25 Don’t call us…we’ll call you.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2024 12:19 PM

If Faye were smart, shed cash in on the gay obsession with Mommie Dearest in her dotage.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2024 12:41 PM

Faye is only ever interested in a very talky, intellectual examination of her work. So this will be flat out boring.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2024 12:49 PM

Dorothy Faye Dunaway, the grandest thing to ever come out of Bascom, Fla. (pop. 87)

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2024 1:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2024 5:55 PM

R30 Ooh, video evidence of the “clear away club”!

“I love playing women who left their mark. Like Joan did on Christina’s throat.”

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2024 7:44 AM

The offical synopsis makes a point of emphasising she will be discussing Mommie Dearest:

Synopsis: In FAYE, the first feature documentary of the Hollywood legend, Academy Award®-winning actress Faye Dunaway candidly discusses the triumphs and challenges of her illustrious career, with breakthrough, Academy Award®-nominated roles in “Bonnie & Clyde,” “Chinatown,” and “Network” – for which she won Best Actress in 1977 – while also reflecting on the film “Mommie Dearest,” which she views as a critical career misstep. Through those reflections, she courageously explores personal discoveries including her struggles with mental health issues and bipolar disorder, her family history growing up in a small town in Florida, and how the intensity of the characters she played still impacts who she is today. In addition to Faye, the film features interviews with her son Liam Dunaway O’Neill, as well as her colleagues and friends including Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke, and James Gray.

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2024 8:14 AM

So it's a two hour sympathy ploy. Got it.

This is a good time to remind everyone that you can be mentally ill and an asshole at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 33April 30, 2024 8:15 AM

^with friends like those, no wonder she is an old twat of a women

by Anonymousreply 34April 30, 2024 8:17 AM

Tennessee Williams on Fayes process preparing for Blanche DuBois:

[quote] Dunaway's approach to Blanche perplexed Tenn, and he compared it to a paint-by-numbers canvas that might have been designed by a mentally challenged, color-blind child. "The blocks of space--numbered and waiting for paint--that she placed on her idea of Blanche were many," Tenn told me. "The colors did not match. There were too many colors, and the colors were techniques. One scene was redolent of Michael Chekhov; another pure Stanislavsky; another Method acting by way of the Comèdie Française. So many methods, procedures, and my Blanche was extruded through all of this, painted on this wild canvas." Tenn wanted nothing more than to throw turpentine on the canvas and clean it up. "My turpentine," he explained to me, "would have been reason and human understanding. I would have liked for Faye to try to understand the woman, the human, that was Blanche, but I felt that everything was a career move, a stunt." [quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2024 9:00 AM

What about Kermit?

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2024 9:09 AM

Genital warts have more celebrity friends than this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2024 9:15 AM

[quote]You are not the hot sexy bitch that throws out video tapes in Blockbuster parking lots anymore.

It was Video West in WeHo, the little homosexual enclave in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2024 10:08 AM

Travilla's recollections of working with Faye on the non-musical television mini-series "Evita" in a 1986 Interview Magazine article when asked who was the worst experience in his long career, his reply was.

“I admire her, but the most difficult lady to work with was Faye Dunaway. Exhausting. She would fit the dimple in a beret for a full hour until the milliner couldn't find out where the fucking dimple belonged. In Mexico, we would start at nine in the morning with one fitter, and he’d die out around noon. Then we’d bring in the milliner for two hats, and he’d die out after an hour and a half. We’d spend the rest of the day with the tailor, and then I’d die out. Fay Dunaway’s a perfectionist – difficult and demanding.”

by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2024 10:16 AM

Tennessee Williams, in the imaginary world of James Grissom, talks about Faye Dunaway...

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2024 10:34 AM

Those James Grissom groups on Facebook are NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2024 10:38 AM

The only way this documentary works is if they play this voicemail for Faye in full and gives her reaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2024 12:16 PM

R9- She’s an actress not an actor.

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2024 12:24 PM

And they also need to show this video to her and get her reaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2024 12:26 PM

Faye is a one note actress but that’s what makes her Faye Dunaway. It’s interesting because it’s something movie stars do but she’s gone for roles that are more character so it’s a fascinating combo.

She’s old school but went for new school roles.

by Anonymousreply 45April 30, 2024 12:31 PM

Trying the link again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2024 1:08 PM

GETTING, R8?

by Anonymousreply 47April 30, 2024 1:24 PM

If Faye and her son are involved with production and plan to attend screenings, it won’t cast shade on Faye or feature her difficult relationship with others in the entertainment industry

by Anonymousreply 48April 30, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]She’s an actress not an actor.

And yet, they don't call it Inside the Actress' Studio when the guests aren't men. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 49April 30, 2024 1:39 PM

[quote] Joining Faye are her son Liam, colleagues and friends such as Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke

I take it that this documentary was filmed in a padded room at the Park Hill Mental Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2024 3:09 PM

"I might as well have Mommie Dearest tattooed on my backside!"

by Anonymousreply 51April 30, 2024 3:15 PM

Kermit:(singing)”Why are there so many/documentaries about bitches?…”

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2024 3:19 PM

R49 actress is still used but actor is properly used to describe both male and female in the profession.. Actor isn’t gender specific and is used interchangeably. Faye Dunaway is an actor.

by Anonymousreply 53April 30, 2024 4:49 PM

Liam, your mother's been practising and practising. You know how perfect she always wants to be. Well, this time she must be perfect. Do you understand? This time it's even more important. They're making your mother do a documentary. Do you know what that is? How shameful that is for her?

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2024 3:59 AM

Will the documentary cover BEVERLY HILLS MADAM?

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2024 4:04 AM

I offered to do an interview about the delights of working with Miss Dunaway, but Liam never returned my calls.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2024 4:09 AM

Liam, your mother's been practicing and practicing. You know how perfect she always wants to be. Well, this time she must be perfect. Do you understand? This time it's even more important. They're making your mother do a cheap-jack documentary. Do you know what that is? Do you know how shameful that is for her?

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2024 4:14 AM

Where's the R30 video from?

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2024 4:18 AM

The audience in the theatre is so close I feel I can touch them. Our eyes meet and I say, Can you leave please? You're right in my eyeline.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2024 4:21 AM

Do you think the documentary will focus on her attempts to produce a senior citizen’s version of Planet of the Apes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2024 6:38 AM

[quote] How honest will this doc be about her being one of the most difficult actors to work with? Her reputation is horrendous.

Honey, we have over 400 filled threads documenting Faye’s insanity.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2024 7:03 AM

R24 I actually liked The Eyes of Laura Mars. I'm a huge fan of the Giallo genre.

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2024 12:00 AM

I was NOT one of her fans!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2024 12:01 AM

If the documentary includes those two clips about Master Class as reported it wont be a total whitewash.

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2024 6:06 AM

Is Faye still claiming she gave birth to Liam?

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2024 6:14 AM

[Quote] When reigned-in by a good director

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2024 6:24 AM

[Quote] What about Kermit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2024 6:32 AM

The only thing Faye ever “birthed” was a string of several turkeys, also known as her “movie career”.

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2024 6:37 AM

Looking back on her career, the Roman Catholic convert says that she had a God-given gift to make the right career choices. “That is where I was lucky. My instinct doesn't fail me. Sharon Stone is brilliant and, somehow, after her breakthrough role she made the wrong choices. She's a good friend of mine. I made the right choices.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2024 6:41 AM

[quote] If the documentary includes those two clips about Master Class as reported it wont be a total whitewash.

What two clips? I haven’t seen anything about “Master Class” being included.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2024 7:14 AM

See

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2024 9:24 AM

Dammit, Cannes is MY festival!

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2024 9:43 AM

I had a front row seat ticket to see Faye in Tea at Five when it was here in Boston.

A week before the show, I had developed a bad cold with a persistent cough. I felt much better the day before the performance, but the cough was still there.

After reading about Faye stopping the play and asking a guy in the front row to remove his red baseball cap because it was distracting her, I placed my ticket online and sold it to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2024 10:03 AM

Were you planning to wear a red baseball cap too?

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2024 10:10 AM

Imagine her reaction if you cut a fart in her presence.

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2024 4:31 PM

I've seen it firsthand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2024 4:45 PM

R69 I love that Faye never takes a moment to not cunt out on someone and in this case, Sharon Stone.

How is “making all the right choices” include Dunston Checks In?

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2024 5:07 PM

To be fair to Faye she made a lot of good and intresting choices from her breakthrough (Bonnie and Clide) onwards up to Network.

I´m too lazy now to type a list, but besides the two highligths of Chinatown and Network she worked in europe with the nouvelle vague crowd and made sure her stock was secured in commercial crowd pleasers ( Musketeer and Towering Inferno) .She did theater ( Blanche -of course) and the occasional tv production.

There are countless memorable and entertaining moments from that area.

"The looong entrance and the chess game in Thomas Crown Affair"

"The Bonni Parker barrett fashion influence"

"She´s my sister-she´s my daugther"

Bitchfighting it out with Raquel Welch in The Three Musketeers (in heavy corsetet period costumes not Nolan Miller frocks)

Her ratings orgasm on top of Peter Finch in Network

Just gliding through The Towering Inferno in that chiffon dress

Stonie uncrossing her legs and walking charity red carpets can´t compete!

So there Miss Dunaway something POSTIV for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2024 9:10 PM

Faye in action!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2024 1:54 AM

“I’m not mad at YOU, I’m mad at the EDIT!”

by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2024 1:56 AM

You STILL haven't mentioned Marlon Brando r78!

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2024 1:59 AM

Make the scary lady go away, r79!

by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2024 2:03 AM

OMG - just like with the old phone message, someone must really hate Miss Dorothy Faye to release that footage!

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2024 2:13 AM

R78 her orgasm scene in Network was with William Holden.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2024 2:15 AM

R78, It was William Holden she was on top of in “Network”, not Peter Finch.

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2024 2:18 AM

R79 - if she enters and takes off her throw, why not just have her enter without it?

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2024 2:19 AM

Holden almost knocked her on her ass on the set of TOWERING INFERNO for keeping him waiting for hours as she dithered around in her dressing room…

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2024 2:20 AM

Have to say...they had faces then.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2024 2:20 AM

[quote]R86 if she enters and takes off her throw, why not just have her enter without it?

Because actors taking off garments is subliminally sexy.

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2024 2:22 AM

The doors have to open at the same time. Everyone knows that!

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2024 2:24 AM

Well, she’s not wrong. But it wasn’t really her place to BARK it like that [bold]: o

by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2024 2:28 AM

Is that someone behind her in the take she stuffs up at the end?

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2024 2:33 AM

R84 R85

If i can´t to anything right, i should´t do it at all-i guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2024 12:30 PM

R84 R85

If i can´t to anything right, i should´t do it at all-i guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2024 12:30 PM

Damm, now i double posted and have a spelling error!

Soory about that!

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2024 12:35 PM

Yoor forgiven, R95.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2024 1:32 PM

And I'll bet it's a stinker!

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2024 3:26 PM

That clip at R79 is hilarious and perfectly illustrates why A-List directors had stopped working with Faye. As the STAR, she has no qualms about overstepping her boundaries and calling the shots. The director calls "Action!" and what is her response? "No, you can't do that! You have to wait and let me give you a sign!" Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2024 4:21 PM

I found this post from years ago, which partly explains why Dunaway actions can seem “off.” For whatever reason, whether it’s from past substance abuse or just her own brain chemistry, her communication skills aren’t like yours or mine.

[quote]My (female) friend was gym buddies with her for a year or so, and found her fascinating...but kept her distance and wouldn’t work for her because the actress was obviously unstable.

[quote]My friend insists Dunaway must have some mild form of autism or SOMETHING, because she simply cannot relate to people in a normal way. She said it was like Dunaway was the type who needed to be shown those clinical drawings of emotions, like, [italic]“This is what a sad face looks like, this is an angry face...this face is not being threatening when it looks at you, it is just SMILING.”[/italic]

[quote]Dunaway just doesn’t “get” other people, or what they’re doing. In a sense, she’s clueless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2024 10:56 PM

R5 No, it’s not really him.

What kind of stupid question is that?

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2024 11:01 PM

It could be his twin and not quite as famous brother Dermot.

by Anonymousreply 101May 6, 2024 1:46 AM

I don’t why she’s in the wrong at R79. If anything it’s the crew that looks incompetent. They were even out of focus on her first try!

Other actresses would have been much nastier. Patti alone would have torn them a new one.

by Anonymousreply 102May 6, 2024 2:08 AM

[quote] 'He’s very good looking. I wonder what it would be like to have La Dunaway as a mother in law."

If it's true that he was adopted, then La Faye had nothing to do with it. And I wouldn't want her as a mother-in-law. I cut that stuff out of my life, and guard against it.

And I'm not anticipating anything exciting with this project. Despite the fact that she's so tightly wound, yet so unhinged simultaneously...I can't imagine this will reveal anything we don't already know. But...time will tell. I'm sure DL will report once they've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 103May 6, 2024 2:21 AM

R103, Terry O’Neill has said that Liam was adopted and there is no photographic proof that Faye was ever pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 104May 6, 2024 9:45 AM

“O’Neill had a long-term relationship with Faye Dunaway; they were married for four years in the 1980s and had a son, Liam. In 2003, he was quoted in the U.S. tabloid magazine Star as saying Liam was adopted and not their biological son, contrary to Dunaway's public assertions.”

by Anonymousreply 105May 6, 2024 9:47 AM

Faye goes public with her bipolar disorder and mental health struggles in her new documentary. So there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 106May 6, 2024 10:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!