Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Death Star Attack

"We're passing through the magnetic field. Put your deflectors on full front."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2024 3:32 PM

Death Star approaching. Estinated time to firing range - fifteen minutes.

"All wings report in...."

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 4:31 AM

OP, you type Porkins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 4:36 AM

Thatโ€™s fucking awesome, OP!!

Wow, where did you find it?

Is this the version theyโ€™re going to use in the marathon theater showings on May 4?

There are some scenes I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen before.

Very cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 4:57 AM

[quote]R3: Wow, where did you find it?

I'm not OP, but I'll answer. It's sourced from the despecialization project known as D+77.

[quote]Is this the version theyโ€™re going to use in the marathon theater showings on May 4?

Not sure. D+77 is from 2020. Fox probably undertook its own reconstruction.

[quote]There are some scenes I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen before.

Such as?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 6:01 AM

Ignore r4 wet blanket bitch

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 6:10 AM

One of the greatest scenes in motion picture history. Changed everything.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2024 6:12 AM

[quote]R5: Ignore [R4] wet blanket bitch

Oh, it's ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, the sock on the ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ฅ-๐‡๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ? thread who lost his mind over the suggestion that Russian trolls on social media are responsible for the pro-Palestinian, anti-Biden push. And you're crying again.

Exactly in what was anything I said in R4 a "wet blanket" to this topic? I provided factual information that you didn't. You need to keep your subjective personal antipathies under control.

You know, if you would just put me on ignore, you'd never know I replied.

But you won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last despecialization project with which I was familiar was Harmy's Despecialized, from 2011.

I'm not especially nostalgic for the original, unretouched version of the 1977 film, since I saw that film in the theater over a hundred times, and subsequently on VHS. I've had sufficient.

I prefer an eclectic remaster to Episode IV, with all the updated effects, but without alterations like 'Greedo shot first.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2024 6:29 AM

It's the greatest in cintemotgrhy

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2024 6:41 AM

A little nice thing

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2024 6:42 AM

It really has everything: the triumph of humans over machines, of friendship over greed, of David over Goliathโ€ฆthe stakes couldnโ€™t be higher, and nothing feels phony about any of it. Williamsโ€™ score is perfect, as is Marcia Lucasโ€™ editing.

*chefโ€™s kiss*

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2024 6:43 AM

Just kill yourself PD

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2024 6:44 AM

Oh, by the way, OP, the quote is "We're passing through the magnetic field! Hold tight! Switch your deflectors on, double-front!"

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2024 2:43 AM

PoisendDragon SUCK MY 7.5"

Not that you'll never will

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2024 7:44 AM

oh hi PD!

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2024 7:52 AM

Sad, desperate cries for attention.

You started a Star Wars thread. Post something pertinent to Star Wars. Like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2024 8:03 AM

No really Poisened Dragron

You're a sad piece of lonely shit

Disability

You were born in the early 60s?

Old AF

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2024 8:16 AM

You were born in the early 60s, right?

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2024 8:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2024 8:19 AM

Poisened Dragon do you have a complexion like Matt Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2024 8:36 AM

I thought that show was months or years away!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2024 7:42 PM

Thank you so much for posting this OP. Thrilling even on my laptop.

I think we all need to be reminded that good can and will defeat looming evil.

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2024 8:18 PM

Abort! Abort!

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2024 8:53 PM

Oh my god! The fat guy totally blew up!

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2024 8:55 PM

My friends and I all thought Porkins was a riot.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2024 9:16 PM

[quote] My friends and I all thought Porkins was a riot.

Any such riots should be quelled by landing a star destroyer on the rioters.

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2024 9:19 PM

[quote]Oh, by the way, OP, the quote is "We're passing through the magnetic field! Hold tight! Switch your deflectors on, double-front!"

You piec of shit autistic fuck you really should have been aborted.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 5:33 AM

Shmi should've aborted Anakin!

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 5:35 AM

Mark was so cute before he fucked up his face.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 5:47 AM

There was a thread on here years ago where poster talked about Mark's homosexual escapades in the 70s

Just looking at him back then you can tell he had a few dicks in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 6:05 AM

[quote] the suggestion that Russian trolls on social media are responsible for the pro-Palestinian, anti-Biden push.

Youโ€™re mentally ill if you think the only reason people might object to ethnic cleansing is โ€œRussian trollery.โ€ I mean deeply mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 6:09 AM

[quote]R16: Youโ€™re mentally ill if you think the only reason people might object to ethnic cleansing is โ€œRussian trollery.โ€ I mean deeply mentally ill.

No, Bootsy-Gumdrop, the expression โ€œRussian trolleryโ€ is not a quote from me. And I said nothing about people objecting to ethnic cleansing, but rather the push to blame what Israel is doing on Biden. No, that's an attempt on your part to distort what I was saying.

To the push to blame Biden I would add the conflation of Hamas with the Palestinian people, and the push to for people to express their objections through violence and property destruction. These are hallmarks of Russian trollfarms, who did much the same during the George Floyd protests in Minneapolis, and during the Portland, Oregon protests. In the present protests, the Russians are hard at it.

It's interesting to find you denouncing DeFacto and Anscher on the ๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ thread, but joining them in attacking me here. You sock as much as they do (when simply leaving your posts unsigned will not do), and it's also evidently due to 'borrowed grievance,' a past dust-up over the goddamned Jesus argument. I don't generally make diagnosing the mental health of fellow posters a habit, but the inability to let the loss of an argument over the existence of Jesus go really smacks of mental illness.

I'm disappointed. I expected better of you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 5:24 PM

^^ just fucking kill yourself you fucking freak. This Anscher idiot you're obsessed with hasn't posted on DL for probably ten years.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 5:25 PM

My comment at R31 was intended for R30, not R16. My mistake. But R30 knows better about Anscher than you, as do most other posters who have been here any length of time.

The only ones who deny the presence of Anscher are generally Anscher himself.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2024 5:33 PM

PD your autism is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2024 5:33 PM

R30 summoned me back to this thread. Replying to someone who addresses you is not symptomatic of autism.

That's something you've apparently never understood, since you tend to reply in bursts multiple posts, and try to keep it all going. You crave the attention.

Post something pertinent to Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2024 5:39 PM

PD is a mentally ill nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2024 5:49 PM

It's better in HD

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 7:25 AM

One of the greatest scenes in motion picture history.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 7:34 AM

To this day I've only seen the original Star Wars movie and The Empire Strikes Back.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 8:02 AM

Meanwhile back at the Death Star backroom......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 8:31 AM

[quote]R39: To this day I've only seen the original Star Wars movie and The Empire Strikes Back.

How does that obtain? Entertainment culture since 1980 has been so saturated with Star Wars, one suspects you might have had to isolate yourself in a bunker since then to avoid all the rest of it. Have you been avoiding the rest of Star Wars?

But of the original trilogy, 'Return of the Jedi' (1983) is my least favorite. Perhaps you didn't miss much.

Tell me, of those first two films, have you only seen them as originals, or have you seen them with updated effects?

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2024 8:57 AM

It's a shame you can't get the original cuts on Blu-ray. I've got a DVD set that has the original cut on 1 disc and the special editions on another and I'm only keeping it for that. The quality isn't brilliant, given it's standard definition, but it's still the better version IMO.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2024 11:18 AM

Did somebody say Grand Moff Tarquin?

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2024 11:32 AM

If Star Wars was made in the 50's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2024 9:43 AM

Empire Strikes Back in the 1950s.

Having Debbie Reynolds as Princess Leia was a nice touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2024 3:31 PM

Return Of the Jedi in the 1950s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2024 3:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!